jg42058p is offline Member

Knee bone bruise (femur)

I have a bone bruise on my knee, originally obtained in late November, probably re-injured slightly once (jogging on dec 20th) or twice (walking too fast early january), and finally examined on MRI in early January. Doc said it was a "little" bone bruise and estimated I could start running again around the end of this month (february). Doing elliptical rider machines and it irritates it.... so I'm wondering if in two weeks it would actually be safe to go running. Biking is ok, and doesn't seem to irritate it.

Anyone have experience with knee bone bruises? It definitely hasn't healed completely and I'm still wondering how long it may take until pain goes away and I can finally run again.

I am 27years old, male, 6ft tall, 200lbs, about 13% body fat.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Did you bruise your Femur or your Patella aka Knee plate/bone?

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg42058p
    I have a bone bruise on my knee, originally obtained in late November, probably re-injured slightly once (jogging on dec 20th) or twice (walking too fast early january), and finally examined on MRI in early January. Doc said it was a "little" bone bruise and estimated I could start running again around the end of this month (february). Doing elliptical rider machines and it irritates it.... so I'm wondering if in two weeks it would actually be safe to go running. Biking is ok, and doesn't seem to irritate it.

Anyone have experience with knee bone bruises? It definitely hasn't healed completely and I'm still wondering how long it may take until pain goes away and I can finally run again.

I am 27years old, male, 6ft tall, 200lbs, about 13% body fat.
    Never had a bone bruise in the knee area. I would think that unless your doctor plans to do a follow up scan of the area, then I'd just listen to your body and let it tell you when it's ready. Maybe just try a short jog around the block the first day back and see how it responds. The body knows when it's ready, sometimes better than a doctor does.

jg42058p is offline Member
    Somewhere around the femur knee connection. Doc didn't specify what exactly just showed me the MRI.

Anyone know if there are any supplements that I could take to help?
    Thanks.

Thread Information