Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By galvanizedmonkey

Thread: Torn ACL/medial meniscus advice?

galvanizedmonkey is offline New Member

Torn ACL/medial meniscus advice?

Male 33, 69", 175 lb's

Hi,

I recently tore my left ACL, surgery scheduled in approx. 2 weeks. This will be my third ACL reconstruction, first on this leg. I am thinking of cycling HGH/TEST to help speed recovery/rehab. Does anyone have any experience with this, or advice.

Cheers,

Just to clarify I don't have my heart set on a specific cause of action, more just looking for advice that will get me back to work, and sport fastest. I've never cycled HGH before, but I have cycled AAS.

Thanks Again

course of action.

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    I would say that most would recommend using TB-500 rather than HGH... though I'm no expert. Personally, if it was something that I felt I was going to get done I'd likely just use a good multivitamin, MSM, fish oil, I might use the TB-500... but HGH is expensive and for someone like me and my family history it's not worth the risk.... but obviously studies do show that it helps increase recovery time.

Thanks for the reply, after reading a lot of the posts on here and some research i'm leaning in that direction. I've still got a couple weeks to make up my mind. Hopefully this will be my last reconstruction.
    Red Bastard likes this.

Hi guys,

So had surgery last Friday. Patella b2b, apparently my meniscus had repaired itself by the time of the surgery so that's a positive. Decided to just go with supplements since I don't have access to anything stronger, currently taking amino acids, whey protein, creatine and melatonin. All in hopes of increasing gh production and muscle strength. I think I've worked up to about 70 degrees flexion and can fully engage my quad.
    I'm currently focusing on pull ups, single arm bench (alternating)
    Double leg lifts with brace on operated leg.
    single leg squats(good leg)
    And modified sumo dead lifts. All exercises that require weight are being done with 30-45# kb's depending on how I'm feeling that day. I'm also alternating days I.e. rest day/ work out day etc.

On an unrelated note, due to the nature of my work this has given me a ridiculous amount of free time, thus far I've decided to convert my 04 sti into a full on race ready rally car and I'm also watching a lotus Europa on eBay.

cc5501 is offline Junior Member
    How are things going after a month or so? What did they actually do if it had healed itself? I may have a similar issue MRI in a couple weeks. Thanks man.

Thread Information