Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: TB500 - Preventing injury flareups - Maintenance doses

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

TB500 - Preventing injury flareups - Maintenance doses

In the past, I've thought of TB500 in a binary sense; you are either injured or you are not. If you are not injured, then no need for TB. But I've been pushing it hard in the gym lately, and with the additional stresses that come with age, I'm finding that a tendon in my forearm, called the "extensors of the thumb", which connects the brachioradialis muscle to the radial bone, has been heating up. It's aching to go into injury mode. So I've been keeping certain routines light, and dosing with TB, trying to out run this thing. I think there has been some slight improvement over the last three weeks, but keep in mind, I'm not letting it completely rest either. It will be interesting to see if I can completely heal this thing instead of it becoming injured.

So I may have been wrong about saying "no need" when it comes to a maintenance dose with TB. True, I still probably wouldn't take generally if feeling 100%, but now I'm thinking I don't have to be completely injured to take it.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Who ever feels 100% anymore, lol. At my age now (42) my 100% is about 75% when I was in my late 20's early 30's. I need to order some of this to speed up the shoulder and elbow issues. I have been lifting heavier again trying to bulk and the aches and pains are more prevalent now then they were when doing my 5x15 cutting routine.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Who ever feels 100% anymore, lol. At my age now (42) my 100% is about 75% when I was in my late 20's early 30's. I need to order some of this to speed up the shoulder and elbow issues. I have been lifting heavier again trying to bulk and the aches and pains are more prevalent now then they were when doing my 5x15 cutting routine.
    I'm only 19 and never feel 100% either :/ always got some sort of small niggling pains or injuries.

Very keen to try TB500 and see if it can cure these knee pains.

I am very interested in this as well, just need to pull the trigger.

but don't forget about MSM either for joint pain.

5 grams a day forever......

TB and MSM are in no way similar, and therefore, for certain issues, stack well together

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    but don't forget about MSM either for joint pain.

5 grams a day forever......

TB and MSM are in no way similar, and therefore, for certain issues, stack well together
    Cheers TR, forgot about alternate options haha. I'll have to get some.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to simply take with or without issues. it's ability to increase the bodies ability to synthesize collagen is noticeable, and is also a mild anti inflammatory. In fact, it's fairly healthy for you...........

if you can't find for around $35 for five pounds, PM me and i'll hook you up with a link

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What will you run the TB at for a maintenance dose? How long will you run it for?

I ran 2.5mg the first two weeks and 1.25mg weeks 3 and 4. I'll keep at 1.25 / week and see what happens. keep in mind, I'm not fully resting, nor am I fully injured. I'm still hitting the gym fairly hard except on certain routines that seem to aggrevate. Like isolation one arm curls. Just one set at 15 reps, then i hit the two arm curl machine.

TB Strengthens Tendons Quicker?

Maybe the design of the "maintenance" dose is to heal those micro tears/rips/injuries as you go instead of waiting for them to accumulate and overwhelm the bodies ability to keep up?

I've been thinking of this, and it seems to make sense.

Connective tissue gains strength over time like muscle tissue, but much slower.

I've been kicking around an idea that by healing these micro tears as you go, it allows the tendon to strengthen "faster" than without the TB?

You can only push a tendon so far and so fast. But give it TB up front, and allow it to heal on the fly, and maybe you can push it a little further, a little longer, just a little quicker?

Isn't this the basic definition of gaining strength quicker?

Up for discussion......................................

I think I was looking at the maintenance dose all wrong. Obvious it cannot prevent an injury.........................

Very interesting, it makes perfect sense. Giving TB500 to your tendons and ligaments like you would protein to a muscle, if you don't give it adequate protein it takes a much longer time to heal and won't repair itself to a stronger state.

So using tb500 almost like a protein for the joints could be beneficial in the way of preventing flare ups and reoccurring issues?

It would be nice if TB had more studies and articles looking into these things, hopefully over time it'll get recognised as the beneficial peptide it is with minimal side effects and get the research it deserves. Then again maybe I haven't dug deep enough.

here is a data base of US Government Clinical trials with a search engine.

something to book mark maybe?

Search of: thymosin beta 4 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov

here is a data base of US Government Clinical trials with a search engine.

something to book mark maybe?

Search of: thymosin beta 4 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov
    Thanks TR, it didn't seem to have conclusive evidence towards our goals. Perhaps I just couldn't extract the necessary information if it did.

Very interesting about the mices hearts and other damage repairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Thanks TR, it didn't seem to have conclusive evidence towards our goals. Perhaps I just couldn't extract the necessary information if it did.

Very interesting about the mices hearts and other damage repairing.
    and that's the problem with the way our system is set up. We can really only gather clinical data through clinical trials. but funding comes from the private sector. The rigors and the regulatory costs are prohibitive. Anyone upfronting these costs will want a return. The best way to do that is being able to control the product being tested. Which means new products that can be patented for 17 years and costs and profits recovered. You can't do this with TB500 as it has been widely used for decades.

We will probably never really get the data we seek unless the regulatory environment changes. And I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

Like all these types of things, bodybuilders will always be a step ahead of the medical industry. We try different things in different ways and combinations and find what works and what doesn't. So far the feedback on tb500 has been amazing and I expect it will only get better with new methods of using it. Good job for keeping records of it's results, it makes it easier for others to try it and use it properly.

So I'm thinking I'm going to add 2.5ml to the next three 5mg vials and then take 1/2 ml - 1mg/week for twelve months. I'm trying to gain, yet a little tentative about pushing too hard in the gym, since I've been injured before. So this will set the stage and in theory allow me to push like I was a young bull again.

Iceberg is offline Member
    Question... I've had a nagging neck strain for about two weeks. It's slowing me down. Would this TB500 help with that?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnz4 View Post
    Question... I've had a nagging neck strain for about two weeks. It's slowing me down. Would this TB500 help with that?
    If it's a strain it's better to just give it some time, stretching and use heat to help loosen it.

Yep something popped. Saw stars and could not continue. Went to my sports doc 4 days ago will be returning tomorrow. Got X-rays and stim treatment with heat. But it's still sore. Thanks.

agree with LB. Strains are a type of injury I'm not sure TB would be the right tool. I'm thinking ice, and maybe even a muscle relaxer if need be. Plus take it easy for awhile. Now, if you actually TORE the tissue, then now I'd suggest TB

agree with LB. Strains are a type of injury I'm not sure TB would be the right tool. I'm thinking ice, and maybe even a muscle relaxer if need be. Plus take it easy for awhile. Now, if you actually TORE the tissue, then now I'd suggest TB
    Thanks. I'll know fore sure tomorrow.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As you know from me beating it into you, Ice is great, even after the fact but it's best within the 1st 3 days of a strain or injury. After 3-5 days heat is good especially to facilitate stretching and loosing up the muscles.

After about a week if it has not gotten considerable better using the advice given then yeah TB500 might be a good option to add to help with the healing.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    As you know from me beating it into you, Ice is great, even after the fact but it's best within the 1st 3 days of a strain or injury. After 3-5 days heat is good especially to facilitate stretching and loosing up the muscles.

After about a week if it has not gotten considerable better using the advice given then yeah TB500 might be a good option to add to help with the healing.
    yes, you have beaten the ice thing into me, and sometimes I even listen! =)
    lovbyts likes this.

So what would be better after a workout for a sore nagging elbow injury? It is getting better, but after a heavy back workout today it is sore as shite. Not sure if heat or ice is better at this point. I will be ordering some tb500 in the next couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    So what would be better after a workout for a sore nagging elbow injury? It is getting better, but after a heavy back workout today it is sore as shite. Not sure if heat or ice is better at this point. I will be ordering some tb500 in the next couple days.
    Ice for inflammation. Try some ice gel or something as well.
    lovbyts likes this.

I've been taking 1mg TB /week for a while now, and I think I've turned the corner on the prevention of another flare up of tendonitis in my other arm. I still do curls, although not with the same intensity, and I've dropped the reverse curls for awhile, but I also DID NOT rest the muscle group either. I'll continue with the TB for the next few months at the 1mg/week until I think I have this puppy whipped.

I may have changed my mind on the maintenance dose. I think I uinderstand the purpose of this dose now.....

Lifted1 is offline Member
    Good to hear it's working for ya. So you think 1mg/wk would be a normal maintenance dose after a healing cycle?

the way it was originally laid out to me was something like 2mg 1x a mo

I'm on week 2. I've noticed all my calluses are peeling off. These have been on my hands for years from work. Anyone else see this happen. Just curious.

coincidence

my gym calluses just keep getting bigger.
    Iceberg likes this.

Thanks. Thought so. They all peeled off hands and feet.

i need to clip mine....
    .....getting too big

pre-tendonitis is still slowly getting better. still with the light 1mg/week dose.
    tcw likes this.

Thread Information