• 1 Post By Simon1972

Thread: Thinking about buying a inversion table

KCMOman is offline Associate Member

Thinking about buying a inversion table

Any thoughts? Experiences?

JohnnyKirk is offline Junior Member
    What for? Do you have spinal problem?

No I have a sciatic nerve problem that's off and on and I'm looking for some proactive treatment .

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    i got one- cost me $140 on ebay. best thing ever.

i use it at night rightbefore i go to bed whenever i feel my back go into spasm.

i take 2 ibuprofen, invert at a 45 degree approx angle for as long as i can handle the blood rush to the head (say 10 mins) and lay down in bed straight away- by morning im good(ish).

certainly noticed a difference since ive been using it that way.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive got one but like most everything I have I rarely use it and when I do I dont use it properly.

I had back surgery 2005 on L3/L4 due to being herniated for 20+ years it was great for almost 2 years but then strained it and was having some pain after an extended vacation and decided to use my inversion table at 3am since I couldnt sleep.

I was on my inversion table for maybe 1 minute and decided to do a inverted situp. POP!, ruptured L5/S1 and was paralyzed from the waist down 90% and the worst pain ever for almost 2 weeks before surgery.

Inverted situps not recommended especially when you already have a back issue.

Yeah that's why I'm procrastinating because I'm afraid it will be just like the treadmill I have...some to put/hang laundry on! Lol! But with lower back pain most of us will try dam near anything to help ease the pain!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMOman
    Yeah that's why I'm procrastinating because I'm afraid it will be just like the treadmill I have...some to put/hang laundry on! Lol! But with lower back pain most of us will try dam near anything to help ease the pain!
    I have a ceragem bed. The best my back has ever felt is when I use it regularly 2-3 times per week.

I use it 2-3 times a year. because like anything else it's out of sight (basement) out of mind. Maybe if I remodeled the basement I would go down there more. It's uninviting!

I use it when I am in such pain I can't stand it. I don't know why I can't find 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week. It benefits me greatly. I won't buy another piece like inversion table bc it will end up with limited use after the honeymoon period.

I am going to put this on my "list". I really have no excuses!!!
    Simon1972 likes this.

pitweiler is offline Member
    I've been thinking about getting one also. With the back injuries that I've had. I hear good things about them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMOman View Post
    Yeah that's why I'm procrastinating because I'm afraid it will be just like the treadmill I have...
    Yeah. Don't buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Yeah. Don't buy one.
    At least they dont take up much room. Mine sat under the bed for years collecting dust. It's threads like this though that remind me I should use it when I get home from work. No inverted sit ups though....

You can also find them on craigs list for $50 or less sometimes.
    Simon1972 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    At least they dont take up much room. Mine sat under the bed for years collecting dust. It's threads like this though that remind me I should use it when I get home from work. No inverted sit ups though....

You can also find them on craigs list for $50 or less sometimes.
    cmon lovbyts!!! get it out and stick it in the corner of your room- i swear by mine- if you use it right it helps recovery by 100%.
    think of it this way ,you invert- you spine stretches out- blood and juices get in betwen your vertabrae, you take ibuprofen to take the swelling down.

the juices and blood can now circulate and heal while you sleep. ....ive had epidural in my L5 20 years ago, still have issues and i noticed the difference in the last 3 years ive owned one.

i just dont understand the procrastination- everyone that owns one has nothing but good things to say about them.
    Last edited by Simon1972; 04-20-2015 at 04:05 AM.

I think I'm just going to buy the dam thing! With back pain I will try anything for some relief or pain prevention! Found several on Amazon!
    Simon1972 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I think I'm just going to buy the dam thing! With back pain I will try anything for some relief or pain prevention! Found several on Amazon!
    Good boy

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    cmon lovbyts!!! get it out and stick it in the corner of your room- i swear by mine- if you use it right it helps recovery by 100%.
    think of it this way ,you invert- you spine stretches out- blood and juices get in betwen your vertabrae, you take ibuprofen to take the swelling down.

the juices and blood can now circulate and heal while you sleep. ....ive had epidural in my L5 20 years ago, still have issues and i noticed the difference in the last 3 years ive owned one.

i just dont understand the procrastination- everyone that owns one has nothing but good things to say about them.
    I have no doubt and yes I mean to. Well it's not under the bed anymore. New house with a huge walk in closet so it's set up in there. I actually was going to jump on this morning after reading this but then go preoccupied and forgot, like usual. I think it's my ADD.
    Simon1972 likes this.

Check out your local craigs list first. I check mine yesterday and the same on on Amazon for $150+ was $40
    Simon1972 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I have no doubt and yes I mean to. Well it's not under the bed anymore. New house with a huge walk in closet so it's set up in there. I actually was going to jump on this morning after reading this but then go preoccupied and forgot, like usual. I think it's my ADD.
    I use it maybe four times a year. No point using it during the day if your going to then walk around and compress your disks thru day to day weight bearing. Its solely a pre-sleep thing, immediately before sleeping. You need to open those vertebrae for your healing process to do its work.
    lovbyts likes this.

Simon, how long to you stay inverted?

I actually used mine before bed today. I definenatly felt it, back cracked lower easily several time. I only stayed inverted 10 minutes. It was a LONG 10 minutes, I get bored easily even with my phone in hand. lol

You dont have to hang 180, only like 20-30 degrees beyond horizontal.

Blog Entries
    10mins max- blood rushes to your head and makes it awkward to invert longer- its all you need- you wont use it much- its there to speed up healing and i found it does the job, you will notice a difference when you wake up the next morning- not 100% but a bigger difference.

Thanks Simon! I'm going to head your advice and personal experience and buy myself one!

Thread Information