jhorn12 is offline New Member

Injuries in both forearms

Hey guys so I think I have small fractures or some kind of tear in both of my forearms going to get it checked out later today. My question: is there any kind of wraps or something along those lines that I can put around my forearms or something when I lift heavy. **My grip is not the problem the pain in my forearms is the problem. Every time I lift (curls, bench, anything that uses my forearms) I get this small pain in my forearms and when I go to set the weights down it's hard to let go without it hurting a lot(that's the only time it really hurts bad) I don't think this is something that will completely heal but I am for sure going to take some time off help, advice, what this might be, anything helps thank you

borellias is offline New Member
    when I had that forearm shock on releasing the weight, personally what helped me was to strengthen my grip, wrist/connective tissues.. don't go heavy and aggravate it as with curls, just lighten the weight and go for higher reps and up weight when your body is ready. also try not gripping the bar as hard might ease nerve pressure

My guess is inflammation.
    Use lifting straps until it subsides.
    Massage with a lacrosse ball.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Might also be muscle inbalances from not training forearms.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Alternating heat and cold, massage with a lacrosse ball, rest, anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen), stretching and TIME. It's not going to heal quickly with constant use. You can work through inflammation but it takes time and dealing with the pain.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhorn12 View Post
    Hey guys so I think I have small fractures or some kind of tear in both of my forearms going to get it checked out later today. My question: is there any kind of wraps or something along those lines that I can put around my forearms or something when I lift heavy. **My grip is not the problem the pain in my forearms is the problem. Every time I lift (curls, bench, anything that uses my forearms) I get this small pain in my forearms and when I go to set the weights down it's hard to let go without it hurting a lot(that's the only time it really hurts bad) I don't think this is something that will completely heal but I am for sure going to take some time off help, advice, what this might be, anything helps thank you
    You can get something called forearm splints. It's similar to shin splints in that the fascia gets imflammed and irritated or even the periosteum around the forarm bones. It's actually fairly common in physically active individuals.

It is unlikely that you have some type of bilateral fracture or muscle tear. Much like shin splints ice and rest are the best treatments and should go away in a couple weeks.

PowerGym is offline Junior Member
    I have this same problem started working out today, had to rest for 2 full weeks , in my case ice and compression helped alot.
    Even after 2 week have slight pain in right forearm , left is ok now.
    Edit: even after they recover stay away from heavy weight for some time , if you dont let it heal properly you could fck it up even more.
    Last edited by PowerGym; 08-29-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information