boxingfan30 is offline Member

Help for my dog :(

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in forever, and I actually had forgotten I was a member tbh lol. Anyway, my pit bull has gotten to the point where his joints are really hurting him. He cannot get up because he's spent so much time laying down that he's lost quite a bit of mass and just isn't as strong. He drags his back feet because it hurts him to lift his legs up higher than an inch or so.

I have been reading a lot and spoken with some vets who work more with horses, since they are more likely to give me straight answers about steroid therapy or TB-500, both of which I have considered. One vets office insistent that adequan was what seemed to work to best for their dogs and horses, but what about the muscle wasting? I know that if he feels better, he will be more prone to getting up, moving around, and building back some lost muscle, but what about trying deca or tb500? One obviously would build muscle faster, but tb500 seems like it does everything instead of just lubing the joints. I'm not against adequan at all, as I've read great things about it, but what about that and tb500?

The dog is 12 years old, SD of I don't expect miracles, but he eats fine, doesn't have any other issues and is completely alert, so I don't want to just put him down without trying.

If anyone can offer any help, he's a 65-70 lbs. I'm gonna go ahead and make him an appointment tomorrow. They will let me take the vials home and do the injections myself which is good so I don't have to move him around every week.

Thanks for reading

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    If you have a good vet, just follow their advices.
    Hm, and maybe you can try a different food to him. My Great Dane got sick but he got a couple of extra years thanks to his new food. Spesialized for his symptoms. Ofcourse he ate a lot and ofcourse this was the most expensive dogfood in town, but to hell with it and i just worked a couple of overtime extra each months. But his problemes were not connected to the bones and moves though.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to see what the vet says in a few hours. I just want to increase his quality of life while he's here.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    And when (years from now i hope) he leaves i send message to my three dogs, whos already hunting rabbits in the eternal forests of dogheaven, to take good care of him. Don, Spartacus and Tyson will be there for him bro:-)

Thank you very much my friend

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The vet recommended glucosamine and either fish oil or krill oil for my 15 year old pooch. He weighs about 85-90 lbs and he responds very well to this regimen. He gets 2 of each everyday. He has some pain meds but we only give him those on days when he's obviously moving more slowly. The muscle loss your dog has is most likely due to age. Sorry but that's just how it is. Best of luck.
    Last edited by 600@50; 06-21-2016 at 07:44 PM.

I got adequan vials for him, mobic, continuing 5-7 MG of fish oil everyday. He was up an walking with more ease today, perhaps from the amount he had to move around vs other days. The adequan has a very good reputation and I'm hopeful he'll respond well to it. If not, I may give TB-500 a try.

Does anyone know if adequan and tb500 can be used at the same time?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've done some surfing and didn't find anything about any interactions between the two. TB500 is a peptide or protein fragment whereas adequan is a drug. Both work completely differently so there should be no interactions. Do some research yourself just to make sure.

Excellent my friend, thanks very much for taking the time to look! I haven't seen anything about interactions, but didn't say not either.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just stick with the adequan it will do the job. Before you knownit your dog will have zero problems. I have seen horses on the verge of being put down make comebacks you wouldn't believe.

javajim is offline Junior Member
    My friend Emeric Delczeg former pro bodybuilder from Romania Has the rights to a product called Humanofort I use it . Humanofort - Fitness Enterprises. He has a pet line that has Humanofort in it Pet Equinox Dogtor RX. I just put it out to you do the research on the product .You can email Emeric from his web site with any questions. I dont sell this .I have never used it on a pet.As I said I do use the Humanofort I do know Emeric is a stand up guy and has a great reputation . Humanofort is widely sold .Good luck

Thread Information