Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: Torn Rotator and Labrum, recovery advice

vic1778 is offline Junior Member

Torn Rotator and Labrum, recovery advice

I am having Surgery in one week (Rotator and Labrum tear / Shoulder). I will be going to rehab after the surgery. I need some tricks of the trade to help me heal up fast. Meals / Supplements, etc. I know it's a long recovery, up to a year for 100%. I know what to expect as far as that goes. Please help me out here. Peptides, yes or no?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There are no tricks for fast rotator cuff recovery. It's a year to year and a half to be pain free.

For your post-surgery and pt schedule do exactly as you are instructed. DO NOT PUSH IT! There will be plenty of time for that later. Some have recommended TB500 but I have no experience with it so do your research.

Follow your doc's and pt's advice and you will be ok in time. You may want to go ahead and ask for their rehab protocol so you can know what's ahead of you. Best of luck.
    NACH3 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Exactly ^^^^^^^^^!!!! Gradual and properly supervised recovery/rehab is a must. There will be temptation to push things along and once again as stated perfectly up there - DO NOT.

I envy you. I should have repaired my RC damage when it was first diagnosed and surgery was recommended. I did not and now I have a massive and largely inoperable tear.

Best of luck to you!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Exactly ^^^^^^^^^!!!! Gradual and properly supervised recovery/rehab is a must. There will be temptation to push things along and once again as stated perfectly up there - DO NOT.

I envy you. I should have repaired my RC damage when it was first diagnosed and surgery was recommended. I did not and now I have a massive and largely inoperable tear.

Best of luck to you!
    Listen to the two above and add myself in there as well! 3 surgeries deep on a labral/RC that were torn in half - PT IS GIUR BEST FRIEND and since its structural already get it done and get your ROM back - I have lost over 60% of my ROM as well as 95% of all connective tissue! Take care of your shoulders & best of luck keep us updated
    Proximal likes this.

zenvost1 is offline Associate Member
    Rest is the best thing for this injury I recovered in 8 months without surgery don't move it in any motion that cause pain and there's sticky post a talking about rehab exercises it was super helpful along with few members who have serious knowledge about this injury.

Thread Information