Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By kolaking

Thread: My chestpain was costochondritis.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I was a bit worried. Last week i have felt chestdiscomfort. And it was worse when i pushed myself at the gym yesterday. Bad sign. Angina etc..And my rest heartbeat has increased by 20 beats. From 60 to 80. Fuk i thought. Bye to my christmas SBC. Cant start a cycle when u have pain in the heart area. Cholestrol, arteriewalls etc....

Then time for google. There is something called costochondritis. Infection beetween ribs and chestbone. Often caused by heavy lifting. But i have been lifting for 100 years?. Yes, but i havent gone heavy for chest up until 2 weeks because of my pecinjury. But mk677 has cured it 95% and last chestworkouts i have been using weigths closee to my natty all time best.
    I even restarted flatbench, which caused the chestdamage. Last time heavy too.
    And increased heartbeat is most likely due to coming off Imovane which i have abused last two weeks.

So today im a lot better and im almost certain its costochondritis. And heartbeat at work was 65.
    So i guess the SBC goes as planned.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 09-20-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hardly anything to do with heart.

Go to the doctor.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    fucking doctor now from google jesus.

GO TO THE DOCTOR AND DONT CHECK GOOGLE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE,
    Last edited by marcus300; 09-20-2016 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    fucking doctor now from google jesus.

GO TO THE DOCTOR AND DONT CHECK GOODLE TO SEE WHAT YOU MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE,
    Yes mum, promise. And i wont be late. Yes....my underwear is clean. Yes...finished homework.

No, kidding, i appreciate your concerns. And yours my friend BB. Yes, i will go to the doc before i do more drugs and as we talked about before Marcus, i will not start my christmas cycle if im not 100%. Promise u that, my big friend!
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 09-20-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    marcus300 likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's pretty damn easy to differentiate chest pain of musculoskeletal origin from cardiac origin.
    Does the pain change when you take a deep breath or press anywhere? If yes, it isn't your heart.
    3day likes this.

Thanks Bonaparte. It backs up my thougths. Yes, its painfull lying on the bench doing legcurls. Lying on my stomach on the floor is sometimes painfull. Also pressing on the ribbone with my hand. Taking a deep breath doesnt change it though.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 09-21-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can't say that it is costochondritis, but it sound like your sternum is sore. Take it easy with any chest exercise for a while.

kolaking is offline Associate Member
    I've dealt with CC for years bro...It occurs mainly in women and usually dissipates but can come and go like mine. Slouching in a chair or likewise for hours at the computer daily is what caused mine. Mainly it occurs around the sternum and you can actually feel the painful swollen knots there as well. Mine now only affects the lower 3 or 4 ribs mainly, in different places, and comes and goes. There is nothing you can do about it medically, however as Bonaparte said maybe a little off time or lighter weight for a while will help. Generally, if i remember correctly, it took a good month or two to get rid of it in the sternum; which for me was the most painful. You should be fine...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kolaking View Post
    I've dealt with CC for years bro...It occurs mainly in women and usually dissipates but can come and go like mine. Slouching in a chair or likewise for hours at the computer daily is what caused mine. Mainly it occurs around the sternum and you can actually feel the painful swollen knots there as well. Mine now only affects the lower 3 or 4 ribs mainly, in different places, and comes and goes. There is nothing you can do about it medically, however as Bonaparte said maybe a little off time or lighter weight for a while will help. Generally, if i remember correctly, it took a good month or two to get rid of it in the sternum; which for me was the most painful. You should be fine...
    I have had it twice from coughing heavily. Sucks balls. It's not usually and infection, just mechanical irritation of the sternocostal articulations. A steroid shot usually helps me and an ice pack.

Thread Information