\m/ Danko Jones \m/ is offline New Member

Graston Vs. Deep Tissue Massage (pec issue)

For people who have had both, what do you prefer? I've had chronic tendonitis in my pec major that i just can't get rid of. I tried ART (Active Release Technology) over a week ago and the guy doing it was way too aggressive and made things worse. I'm looking for a new approach.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by \m/ Danko Jones \m/ View Post
    For people who have had both, what do you prefer? I've had chronic tendonitis in my pec major that i just can't get rid of. I tried ART (Active Release Technology) over a week ago and the guy doing it was way too aggressive and made things worse. I'm looking for a new approach.
    Both are essentially similar, Graston uses an instrument to irritate and stimulate the tissue. Both work by creating local, acute inflammation which causes the body to send in fibroblastic cells to remove damaged tissue and repair with new collagen. I actually prefer Graston don’t on myself than i do massage.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information