Buy Steroids



Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    unclemoney's Avatar
    unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TRUE knowledge, THE light
    Posts
    1,528

    black man calves compared to white mens

    Hey, I always read left and right about how black people have higher calves and they are harder to grow.... Could some1 explain or show some pictures of how much higher their calves are compared to a white persons?

  2. #2
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    Why you ask this silly question?

  3. #3
    justin2305's Avatar
    justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,552
    i to have noticed that not read it but seen that all the time....dunno

  4. #4
    Big Slick's Avatar
    Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    153
    They are higher because of genes. They have a different body type (for the most part). Their bodies are much more dense, on average, than white people. (that's one reason why there aren't many black pro swimmers). So I guess what I'm trying to get at for an explanation is they simply have different muscles and are built different that white people.

  5. #5
    imann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    upinyourgirl
    Posts
    503
    i think it's all a bunch of bullsh*t..........everyonr is different..............I've even heard that they have an extra muscle in their calves..............it's all sh*t

  6. #6
    nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by imann
    i think it's all a bunch of bullsh*t..........everyonr is different..............I've even heard that they have an extra muscle in their calves..............it's all sh*t
    Of course everyone is different, but on average african-americans have a higher gastrocnemius (calf) muscle insertion on the tibia than caucasians do. They do not however have an extra muscle in their legs, or anywhere else for that matter.

  7. #7
    Latimus's Avatar
    Latimus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,283
    great thread lol

  8. #8
    AandF6969's Avatar
    AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,387
    you guys are all racist





    just kidding

  9. #9
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    Of course everyone is different, but on average african-americans have a higher gastrocnemius (calf) muscle insertion on the tibia than caucasians do. They do not however have an extra muscle in their legs, or anywhere else for that matter.
    I don't like to nit-pick, but the gastrocnemiums doesn't attach to the tibia. It originates at the femur and inserts at the calcaneous (ankle bone).

    I agree with your statemnet though. It's like biceps, everyones are different.

  10. #10
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    you guys are all racist





    just kidding
    BITE ME HONKEY!(?)

  11. #11
    CoRnErBaCk24's Avatar
    CoRnErBaCk24 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    203
    it is true alot of black people have high calves. i am black and i have high calves that will not grow as do alot of my friends. its weird when u have huge quads and little calves lol.

  12. #12
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I don't have high calves because my calves don't smoke weed.

    ~SC~

  13. #13
    *Narkissos*'s Avatar
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Barbados
    Posts
    16,351
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I don't have high calves because my calves don't smoke weed.

    ~SC~
    ~SC~ For post-hoe of the week.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Why you ask this silly question?
    My thoughts exactly...a question easily answered by using google

    Quote Originally Posted by CoRnErBaCk24
    it is true alot of black people have high calves. i am black and i have high calves that will not grow as do alot of my friends.
    I'm black too.While i agree that calf shape (and muscle shape in general) differs from race-to-race due to genetically-determined insertion points..I disagree with the perception that the calves are any harder to grow than any other bodypart

    ~Nark

  14. #14
    carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    300
    I think this whole thread is b.s. I don't think there is much genetic difference in muscle structure between races. It doesn't make sense in an evolutionary perspective. People across the world have done the same things for most of the lifespan of homo sapien, so the slection is probably similar. I think black people's calves just look bigger/more defined due to having darker skin. Think about why bodybuilders tan.

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Yeah, but the question is.....

    Can u drink winny???????

    ~SC~

  16. #16
    Sir Lifts-a-lot's Avatar
    Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    1,570
    touche SC, TOUCHE

  17. #17
    BigDogRonnieC's Avatar
    BigDogRonnieC is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    M.O. New Jersey
    Posts
    36
    this has got to be the dumbest post i have ever heard of. what the hell is a white person, i am italian, and their is diffrent genetic traits to all races and every person is diffrent you can't stereo type one race that is the most ignoramous thing i have ever heard. please post somthing usefull to this board

  18. #18
    NotSmall is online now English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDogRonnieC
    this has got to be the dumbest post i have ever heard of. what the hell is a white person, i am italian, and their is diffrent genetic traits to all races and every person is diffrent you can't stereo type one race that is the most ignoramous thing i have ever heard. please post somthing usefull to this board
    OK, so how high are your calves?

  19. #19
    BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    79
    I don't know what "high calves" means. But I do remember learning the black people have more potential for growth because they have a higher ratio of fast twitch-slow twitch muscle fibers. Fast twitch fibers have more potential for growth.

  20. #20
    UberSoldat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    142
    Everyones Bicep is different ? Well when Im looking at UncleMoney`s avatar pic its like I would look at mine SAme Bicep type BRO hahah !

  21. #21
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    actually black ppl are slightly more evolved than white ppl, one of the main points is the high heel on the foot of black ppl. which elivates the calves slightly.

  22. #22
    Peanut Butter's Avatar
    Peanut Butter is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    actually black ppl are slightly more evolved than white ppl, one of the main points is the high heel on the foot of black ppl. which elivates the calves slightly.
    They also have an addition to their brain white people don't have. It is the reason for the different shaped cranium.
    Eyes are wider on the skull.
    Noses are wider.
    Ears are smaller and cant not move

    There are lots of differences, its not racist it is just a fact.

  23. #23
    se11 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    352
    you also notice that black peoples bi's look for cut up than white peoples? i dunno, but i see alot of black people with cut up arms. even like weak skinny ones.

  24. #24
    unclemoney's Avatar
    unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    TRUE knowledge, THE light
    Posts
    1,528
    your arm looks more cut up the more shadow it gets on it.... take for instance look at your arm or delt flexed in one angle from a light and then a differnt angle and you will see what I mean... Also I think it can be like that other than the obvious reasons (more muscle//lower bf) but that their already a darker color skin//shadow shows more.... You will really see what I mean if you put a flashlight or something up to your arm and if you can't get the shadow it will look completely not cut at all... Like if u were to directly shine a light on my bi in my avvatar their would be no shadow making it look less cut...

  25. #25
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,959
    i wouldn't really say that, but maybe it's because i DO NOT except the fact im suppopse to be inferior to someone! but anyways my calves are extremely high, im about 6' tall and have only about a 4 inch long calve muscle they're a good size but all the muscle is within the first 4 inches of my shins and im half white half latino!

  26. #26
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    I learned in biology that African American people tend to have a higher fast-twitch muscle to slow-twitch muscle ratio than caucasians.

  27. #27
    NotSmall is online now English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,214
    unclemoney - You are right, why else would competition BBers tan up so dark? - it is to highlight cuts.

    crosby7117 - Its not a question of inferior/superior but just that there are differences. To pretend that we are all the same is political correctness gone mad.

  28. #28
    UberSoldat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    142
    Sh*t... I need to get tanned now..i wanna see...how is that gonna look now
    Thats right... I didnt really thinka bout it that way...

  29. #29
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    Bavk in the day of slavry all slave owners would kill the smart slaves and also breed the BIG male slaves with the BIG female slaves to produce so called supper slaves that is why black people rule in sports and have increadible genetics when it comes to muscle's....I know this sounds bad but its in the history books..

  30. #30
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    Bavk in the day of slavry all slave owners would kill the smart slaves and also breed the BIG male slaves with the BIG female slaves to produce so called supper slaves that is why black people rule in sports and have increadible genetics when it comes to muscle's....I know this sounds bad but its in the history books..

    This may be the funniest, stupidest thing I've ever heard this side of george bush!.....

    I'm sure we all remember this:
    http://www4.neilrogers.com/features/2004081201.html

  31. #31
    steve0's Avatar
    steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    3,995
    its the truth Fritz

  32. #32
    CoRnErBaCk24's Avatar
    CoRnErBaCk24 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    203
    next time you see a black guy in the gym look at his calves, i can gaurantee about 50% of black people have high calves. I play college football and about half of the black kids on my team have high smaller shaped calves including myself. also to the person stating that any muscle should be able to grow. yes that is true but it is a know fact that for most people their calves are made mostly of slow twich muscle just like the forearms, which is why its harder to build up. just look at arnold for example. it took him years to build up his calves with proper training.

    here is my horrible picture tryin to show the difference from a high calve and a normal shaped calf:
    high calf
    I )
    I
    I

    normal calf
    I )
    I J
    I
    Last edited by CoRnErBaCk24; 11-07-2004 at 02:16 PM.

  33. #33
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRnErBaCk24
    here is my horrible picture tryin to show the difference from a high calve and a normal shaped calf:
    high calf
    I )
    I
    I

    normal calf
    I )
    I J
    I
    I like the illustration.

  34. #34
    Soldier of Misfortune's Avatar
    Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,459
    Ive always thought of bears. Theyre like people. All bears are bears but polar bears are biggest, black bears are either black or brown and medium sized, grizzlies are meanest, koalas are usless. All different sizes, different characteristics based on geographic location. All have different fur and differs within some species i.e. black n brown bears. Does this make any sense to anyone??

  35. #35
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Dont Blacks and Caucasians have different levels of fast twitch versus slow twitch muscle fibers?

  36. #36
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    Why can't this thread die & rest in peace??

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •