Thread: 2-A-Days in the

JNel04 is offline Associate Member

2-A-Days in the Gym

what do you guys think of goin to the gym 2x in one day?
    Ex. Morning Chest/Afternoon Triceps
    Morning Back/Afternoon Bi's
    Morning Shoulders/Afternoon Tri's

overtraining w/ the tri's or bi's since ur hittin directly and indirectly in one day?
    Last edited by JNel04; 11-22-2005 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Mess Up

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    If you have the time and your diet is up to par along with your rest between workouts, then I'd say go for it. Never tried it personally but I've heard good things. Maybe Mon Wed, Fri routine.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I would have to say no on this one. chest in the morning will stimulate triceps as they take a lot of the load during chest, therefore they will need to recover along with chest so hitting them in the evening will hinder there recovery. the same will apply for back biceps to...this is JMO. There are other things to take in to account to, like if you juicing at the moment, diet ect, ect,

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I would have to say no on this one. chest in the morning will stimulate triceps as they take a lot of the load during chest, therefore they will need to recover along with chest so hitting them in the evening will hinder there recovery. the same will apply for back biceps to...this is JMO. There are other things to take in to account to, like if you juicing at the moment, diet ect, ect,
    My opinion too. Its also too much for the CNS to deal with because you will put everything into chest, and then there is nothing left to give for triceps.

2-A-Days in the Gym

alrite i hear what ur sayin but how bout this...

say ur doin chest and tri's...first u hit up flat bench then do u go hit a tri exercise and then back to a chest exercise? or would it be better to do all the main pressing exercise like flat, incline, and decline and then start throwin in the tri exercises w/ cable crossovers and flys? or just do all chest exercises and then some tri exercises?

the reason i'm asking all these ?'s is cuz the way i see it when u do a split like chest/tris,shoulder/tri, back/bi ur takin away from the tri and bi. personally i really like takin one day to hit bi/tri's. on the other hand by doin my bi/tri day then i would be hittin the bi's 2x in 1 week and the tri's 3x which i kno is no good. i'm just tryin to figure out a good split rite now. i have just thought bout doin my bi/tri workout every 3rd week or so but i'm still in the process of findin a great split that best suits what i want.

any ideas...???
    Last edited by JNel04; 11-22-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Forgot

I do all the major muscle group sets first, then move to secondary muscle. Waiting for Pinnacle to chime in on the AM/PM workout routine, I think that is what he was doing not to long ago.

BD

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I started doing this type training about 3 mos ago.This by far is the best way I've ever trained(as far as mass goes).If your nutrition is up to par,you won't over train at all.I wouldn't train like this 'Off" cycle though.You wouldn't have that extra ability to recover from your AM workout.You do need to give yourself around 10 hrs in between workouts as well.I train at 6am,then again at 7pm.On off days I do cardio(active recovery).This method is for the advanced BBer.I don't recommend this for a begginner.

~Pinnacle~

i think i got my diet down and i'm no longer on any juice. from here on out i'm all natty cept the protein and occasional creatine. i was thinkin bout workin out at 9 AM and 9 PM which is bout 10 hrs in between. i only intended on doin the 2 A days for only 2 days out of the 4 or 5 days of my workout. so u think if ur not juicin this is no good cuz i cant recover fast enough?

IMO if you follow the 2/day routine, 4 or 5 days is too much. I'd limit it to EOD. Only one way to find out, try it for 4-6wks and report back.

BD

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i know it is desirable to wait at least 7 hours between workouts. but what kind of training are you doing? is it circuit training or are you bulking. sorry, but i couldnt tell because u said u were off juice now. which isnt popular in here but a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    i think i got my diet down and i'm no longer on any juice. from here on out i'm all natty cept the protein and occasional creatine. i was thinkin bout workin out at 9 AM and 9 PM which is bout 10 hrs in between. i only intended on doin the 2 A days for only 2 days out of the 4 or 5 days of my workout. so u think if ur not juicin this is no good cuz i cant recover fast enough?
    I recommend you stick with a 3 day split(once a day).Training like I do is good if you're on cycle.Plus you need to be advanced in this sport.That style training isn't for the new trainee.You'll make great gains if you blast your muscles once day,take a day off to recover,then go back and blast another muscle group.
    Go over to DogCrapps board and look around.Tons of info on how to get huge training a 3 day split.He's made many small guys into giants training this way.

Intensemuscle is the name of his board.

~Pinnacle~

i may be confused here but i meant that i would only the 2/Day routine for 2 of the of the 4 or 5 days of my workouts for a week. here this is kinda a rought idea of what i had planned if i decide to do this...

Mon- Legs/Forearms
    Tues- Morning Chest/Nite Tris
    Wed-Off
    Thurs- Morning Back/Nite Bis
    Fri- Shoulders/Abs
    Sat- Off
    Sun- Off

I'd reread what Pinnacle just posted, I think you might have missed something.

thx for ur guyz input...always appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I'd reread what Pinnacle just posted, I think you might have missed something.
    naw i got it, i was in the process of typin post #12 before i got to read what Pinnacle had to say.

Cool, goodluck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Go over to DogCrapps board and look around.Tons of info on how to get huge training a 3 day split.He's made many small guys into giants training this way.

Intensemuscle is the name of his board.

~Pinnacle~
    is DogCrapps and Intensemuscle two different ones or are they the same cuz i found two diff boards. from the way i read what u said i took it as they are 2 diff boards rite? i already registered on Intensemuscle, no where near as many members.

thx for directing me there.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I started doing this type training about 3 mos ago.This by far is the best way I've ever trained(as far as mass goes).If your nutrition is up to par,you won't over train at all.I wouldn't train like this 'Off" cycle though.You wouldn't have that extra ability to recover from your AM workout.You do need to give yourself around 10 hrs in between workouts as well.I train at 6am,then again at 7pm.On off days I do cardio(active recovery).This method is for the advanced BBer.I don't recommend this for a begginner.

~Pinnacle~
    more good advice.....

is DogCrapps and Intensemuscle two different ones or are they the same cuz i found two diff boards. from the way i read what u said i took it as they are 2 diff boards rite? i already registered on Intensemuscle, no where near as many members.

thx for directing me there.
    Doggcrap is on intensemuscle, here's a link.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    what do you guys think of goin to the gym 2x in one day?
    Ex. Morning Chest/Afternoon Triceps
    Morning Back/Afternoon Bi's
    Morning Shoulders/Afternoon Tri's

overtraining w/ the tri's or bi's since ur hittin directly and indirectly in one day?
    no good only if cutting for comp or something..
    otherwise nope.....

Pinnacle~

when u were talking about a 3 Day split i take it u were talkin bout DC Training?

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done twice a day workout.

I lift heavy in my first workout.
    Then when i've rested long enough, i go back and lift lighter weights because my muscles feel torn. So ijust work them lightly. Then i let them heal longer

Pinnacle~

when u were talking about a 3 Day split i take it u were talkin bout DC Training?
    Not necessarily that,but close to it.His program is awesome though!

~Pinnacle~

Not necessarily that,but close to it.His program is awesome though!

~Pinnacle~
    yea i was lookin through the forum and ran across a couple splits and when i was lookin here i found some 4 days splits that i like. i think it was Narkissos that had posted them.

thx for the patience.

yea i was lookin through the forum and ran across a couple splits and when i was lookin here i found some 4 days splits that i like. i think it was Narkissos that had posted them.

thx for the patience.
    No sweat bro....I replied in your other thread too.

~Pinnacle~

yea i saw and i threw u another question.

i am always willing to soak up knowledge!

Thread Information