traveling man is offline Junior Member

Question To or not to Bowflex

I'm possibly starting a AAS cycle and I was wondering if I could use my buddies Bowflex to work out with or should I just go to a gym like the rest of the masses. I'm shy and anti-social (okay, I'm out of shape). Thanks for your input.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Since you consider yourself out-of-shape, I would start with the Bowflex. Train naturally and see if you can stick to a program before putting money down for a gym membership. If you succeed, I would join the gym and reach your genetic limit and then do a cycle of steroids . If you are going to use a steroid cycle, then I would stick with a gym. With the bowflex, it can be challenging to get a balanced leg routine developed. You'll get more bang for your buck, as far as the steroid cycle goes, with the gym.

growjuice is offline New Member
    I would go to a gym, you can do more and better exercises than using bowflex. I played around on a bowflex a while back and didn't like at all, on tv they make it all look so good but I found it to be very annoying to have constantly adjust everything. Don't worry about the way your body looks now, just focus on how you want it to look, everybodys gotta start somewhere.

traveling man is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice, its just that the damn thing is right there in the house and know one sees your fitness level or if you know what the hell your doing, its more private. Maybe the problem I always had with gyms in general or the ones that I go to anyway is that you see all these people who are in so much better shape than you. Its all my perception, no one has ever done or said any thing directly to me, its BS in my head, i need to get over!!!!

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Just an observation here, but it sounds like you don't have a workout routine in place or anything concrete at all. So, I am also willing to bet that your diet isn't where it should be either. Dude, do not do a cycle of AAS until you've already built up a natural base and I don't think you'll reach your full potential by messing around with a bowflex.

Not being a dick, just telling you what you ought to know.

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I agree wholeheartedly with ginko, dont do it, it will be one big waste of dough and time

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Don't worry what other people think about you. Most of the people that are in today's gyms, treat the gym like it's a single's club. Ignore those f***ers and their pea brain comments. Bust your hump, day in and day out, and the true lifters will respect your efforts. Good luck, bro!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Any updates on your Bowflex workouts?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The question is, will you use it??? if you don't use it, and you don't go to the gym don't do a cycle.. ``
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I third ginko's comment. sounds like you're not ready for AAS. Eat right, and work your butt off in the gym. Then make the next step.

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    If I were you I would go to the gym. If you don't have a good knowledge of the excersies you could do them wrong and get nowhere and that might turn you off of lifting all together. I suggest go to a gym that has a trainer who will work with you to get you where you want to be. They can teach you proper form and diet and they can really get you looking like you want. I feel its best to get started on the right foot as opposed to waisting time.

Not to, without a doubt brother.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    bowflex blows

hit the gym. you'd be surprised how little people will care about u even being there let alone caring what u look like. sometimes i go to the gym and dont even look at one person. and im def not there to meet anyone.

good luck

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd use it for a coat rack...thats about it

fishorcutbait is offline Junior Member
    Bowflex is absolute crap

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by traveling man
    Thanks for the advice, its just that the damn thing is right there in the house and know one sees your fitness level or if you know what the hell your doing, its more private. Maybe the problem I always had with gyms in general or the ones that I go to anyway is that you see all these people who are in so much better shape than you. Its all my perception, no one has ever done or said any thing directly to me, its BS in my head, i need to get over!!!!
    Public perception of one's self is a great motivator. I love for people to watch me, and if you get to working out, get strong and put on some muscle you will love it too-it should be your goal and motivation. This is why I personally don't like home gyms, I just don't feel pushed to excel.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    if you are under 5 foot 10 inchs tall and do not have really long arms you could get a descent workout on a bowflex. Free weight is ALWAYS better.
    anyone taller then that or that has longer then normal arms is going to have a hard time getting any good range of motion on one of those machines.

Morphx22 is offline New Member
    Use the bowflex for a month, and make sure you can keep up with a workout schedule, or the money for the gym will be a waste.

Then join the gym. You can go online, see what exercises there are and how to do them, even take a little notepad and write/draw out the motion for exercises. Then use that at the gym to see what to do.

Or find a friend who works out at a gym, see if he can get you a guest pass or something, and workout with him a few times and you will learn the exercises. That is what i did and it was great. I was all scared the first time going to the gym because I was skinny as hell and all bones and no muscle. But you get over it fast and then you just have fun at the gym. It is a good place to relieve any stress you have too. I can't workout at home because seeing other people workout gives me some motivation. Even seeing stronger guys workout gives me motivation to get stronger. Plus, paying for a gym makes you workout because you dont want to waste your money

But it is definately better to have a friend show you some exercises though, because he can spot you and you can learn techniques. Also, some exercises you might need a spotter, and some you don't. Try to learn the ones where you don't need to ask anyone for help, then you don't have to talk to anyone. Or just bring headphones with ya, then no one will disturb you.

I never talk to anyone at the gym. I do my thing and leave. Some people might talk to me for a minute or something or ask me to spot them, and that is about it. So don't worry about talking to people or what people thing; just do your thing and have fun!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    DO NOT DO AAS. Join a gym and traind for at least 2 years hard. You can gain so much naturally when you 1st start off.

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Don't do AAS. See where your genetics will get you. I know alot of guys who train naturally and can bench 400's, military press 315, and squat 500 and have 20 inch arms. If you are looking for magic pills, there is only one, and it is called hard work. AAS is for guys trying to take it to the next level competitively. The bow flex can be an ok supplement but it will make you unnecessarily sore.

Anthony C is offline Associate Member
    Gear and a guy useing bowflex now thats funny dude no flame but you aint ready for gear .bro trust me your just not. Your question is a dead give away to your training experience .
    Last edited by Anthony C; 05-07-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    This threas is dam near one year old. Give the bow flex to the girl scouts.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    THis is from August 2005 guys, Im sure the guy doesnt need anymoer advice and probably doesnt even visit this site anymore.

Thread Information