Buy Steroids



Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    graeme87 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    894

    2500 sit ups a day????

    Mike Tyson claims he does 2500 sit ups each day with a 20lb weight. I would have thought that would have been over training? What are you guys thoughts on this?

    Here is a link bellow (itís the Clifford Etienne post fight interview also for you fans of Mike it has all his fights here )

    http://www.geocities.com/mike_tyson_ko/videos.html

  2. #2
    graeme87 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    894
    bump

  3. #3
    perfectbeast2001's Avatar
    perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    7,980
    I know a few boxers who train in this fashion. They all do huge ammounts of running and there weight training is more like heavy cardio ot HIT. One friend I work with does 700 press ups a day. He is a very successfull boxer so i gues they are not over training its just specific training for there sport. He considers bodybuilders to be lazy SOBS! That said Ricky Hatton has recently been coached by a strength trainer who has had him doing a much more "bodybuilding" orientated programme and he is one of the best fighters anyone has seen for years.

  4. #4
    RA's Avatar
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Getting madcow treatments
    Posts
    18,420
    I've also heard people that make the same claim. It would seem to over train but some swear by it.

  5. #5
    Undecided09's Avatar
    Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Guess?4 superbowls,0 wins
    Posts
    1,442
    MIke Tyson also has tattoos on his face, bit someones ear off, and claimed he was going to eat Lennox Lewis children...

  6. #6
    T3/T4 GSR's Avatar
    T3/T4 GSR is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    MIke Tyson also has tattoos on his face, bit someones ear off, and claimed he was going to eat Lennox Lewis children...
    Mans got a point here.

  7. #7
    helium3's Avatar
    helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    MIke Tyson also has tattoos on his face, bit someones ear off, and claimed he was going to eat Lennox Lewis children...
    theres only one of them he hasnt done so not a good example.

  8. #8
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    MIke Tyson also has tattoos on his face, bit someones ear off, and claimed he was going to eat Lennox Lewis children...
    hahahahahah! the guy is a lunatic and a psycho, you cant believe anything people claim, especialy iron mike.it is probably just bull shite
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get fully evaluated, you should address any issues with your primary health care provider.I do not use nor condone the use of anabolic steroids,human growth hormone or any performance enhancing drugs or supplements"

    NO SOURCE CHECKS

    best contest lifts at 198lbs
    squat-800lbs
    press-610lbs
    deadlift-705lbs
    total-2000lbs

    SAY NO TO PUGS!


  9. #9
    Coop77's Avatar
    Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    1,375
    that video doesn't seem to be up anymore

  10. #10
    bigeater is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I know a few boxers who train in this fashion. They all do huge ammounts of running and there weight training is more like heavy cardio ot HIT. One friend I work with does 700 press ups a day. He is a very successfull boxer so i gues they are not over training its just specific training for there sport. He considers bodybuilders to be lazy SOBS! That said Ricky Hatton has recently been coached by a strength trainer who has had him doing a much more "bodybuilding" orientated programme and he is one of the best fighters anyone has seen for years.
    How can boxers do a lot of cardio and boxingtraining and still be big?
    Mike Tyson ran almost every morning when he was a boxer and he was big.
    You guys say that you burn/lose muscles when you run so how can fighters that do running in the morning be big? Do they just eat alot and take some steroids ?

  11. #11
    bigeater is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    387
    bump

  12. #12
    rar1015's Avatar
    rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,684
    Mike Tyson is so full of sh!t its coming out of his ears!

  13. #13
    boxingbean's Avatar
    boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phx, Arizona
    Posts
    1,097
    2500 i beleieve...

    i was doing 900 when i was boxing as s 10th grader

    my coach does situps and crunches for a whole workout session

  14. #14
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    more doesnt always equal better. some times less is best, dont overtrain, that is the name of the game. i leraned this leson the hard way, sur maybe tyson can do 2500 sit ups, it doesnt mean this is a good idea, also we have no idea what tyson takes, , i for one doubt he is natural, so it is hard to compare what you do to what he does if you are a natural athlete
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get fully evaluated, you should address any issues with your primary health care provider.I do not use nor condone the use of anabolic steroids,human growth hormone or any performance enhancing drugs or supplements"

    NO SOURCE CHECKS

    best contest lifts at 198lbs
    squat-800lbs
    press-610lbs
    deadlift-705lbs
    total-2000lbs

    SAY NO TO PUGS!


  15. #15
    Njectable's Avatar
    Njectable is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    MIke Tyson also has tattoos on his face, bit someones ear off, and claimed he was going to eat Lennox Lewis children...

  16. #16
    SwiftMove83 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    US, Wisconsin
    Posts
    195
    A couple years back I use to do 500 a day (250 morning/night, for football for getting hit in the stomach), but now I think I work my abs better and get better results doing 3 sets of various ab excercises.

  17. #17
    boxingbean's Avatar
    boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phx, Arizona
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    more doesnt always equal better. some times less is best, dont overtrain, that is the name of the game. i leraned this leson the hard way, sur maybe tyson can do 2500 sit ups, it doesnt mean this is a good idea, also we have no idea what tyson takes, , i for one doubt he is natural, so it is hard to compare what you do to what he does if you are a natural athlete



    true,,,, he would say all these situps are NOT for a 6 or 8pack

    its for tuffness in the torso

    u do 2000 situps a day, and u can take 200 punches in one round in the gut...

  18. #18
    Stumbo's Avatar
    Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,233
    Thats silly. I overtrain my abs doing squats and tricept pushdowns.

  19. #19
    IronFreakX's Avatar
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,803
    Im Aiming for 1000 now, but Im not a bodybuilder anymore.

    Why would you(Im assuming you're a bodybuilder) want to do 2500 or even 500 a day?? its pointless.

  20. #20
    Sust Man's Avatar
    Sust Man is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    192
    I think this is done more so for mental toughness, endurance, and getting your body to adapt to more and more stress over time. I think its kinda like being a marine or something in boot camp. Those guys get hardly any sleep and do crazy amounts of cardio and physical conditioning. They don't do it to get big and defined, they do it to push the boundaries of their body and get acustomed to high workloads.

  21. #21
    Undecided09's Avatar
    Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Guess?4 superbowls,0 wins
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Sust Man
    I think this is done more so for mental toughness, endurance, and getting your body to adapt to more and more stress over time. I think its kinda like being a marine or something in boot camp. Those guys get hardly any sleep and do crazy amounts of cardio and physical conditioning. They don't do it to get big and defined, they do it to push the boundaries of their body and get acustomed to high workloads.
    I would agree with this...I mean look at Carlos E, ZERO ab work, a good contest prep diet, and BOOM, you could wash clothes on the mother fu cker...

    When I bulk I feel my abs get smoked with Deads, Rows, and Squats, amoungst others...So when I shed down I see no reason why they wouldn't have grown as well!

    Abs are a Reflection of Ones diet!!! Period.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeater
    How can boxers do a lot of cardio and boxingtraining and still be big?
    Mike Tyson ran almost every morning when he was a boxer and he was big.
    You guys say that you burn/lose muscles when you run so how can fighters that do running in the morning be big? Do they just eat alot and take some steroids?

    Mike Tyson was not that big. I saw him in a mall one time down in Florida and trust me, in person he's much smaller than you'd think. What'd he weigh anyways, like 205? It's really genetics, you could get that way easy enough wihtout drugs

  23. #23
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    recently he weighed in at 240lbs for a boxing match,i really think iron mike uses some gear often,
    "Medical advice given on this board can not be case specific, but often times with the injuries/symptoms/etc discussed, this is what is recommended. In order to get fully evaluated, you should address any issues with your primary health care provider.I do not use nor condone the use of anabolic steroids,human growth hormone or any performance enhancing drugs or supplements"

    NO SOURCE CHECKS

    best contest lifts at 198lbs
    squat-800lbs
    press-610lbs
    deadlift-705lbs
    total-2000lbs

    SAY NO TO PUGS!


  24. #24
    1819's Avatar
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fla,ny,nj
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Mike Tyson was not that big. I saw him in a mall one time down in Florida and trust me, in person he's much smaller than you'd think. What'd he weigh anyways, like 205? It's really genetics, you could get that way easy enough wihtout drugs
    tyson is 5'10. fought anywhere from 215 to 230's most of his fights he was in the 220's.

  25. #25
    Undecided09's Avatar
    Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Guess?4 superbowls,0 wins
    Posts
    1,442
    Dude I mean regardless of size or anything, he really is a shame...if you follow or know anyting about boxing, its no secret that Mike Tyson when he first started out, was on path to be maybe the greatest boxer ever, his first 20 professional fights or something were all knockouts, and never went past the 5th round or something, that unheard of...Look what drugs will do to you!!!

  26. #26
    1819's Avatar
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fla,ny,nj
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Dude I mean regardless of size or anything, he really is a shame...if you follow or know anyting about boxing, its no secret that Mike Tyson when he first started out, was on path to be maybe the greatest boxer ever, his first 20 professional fights or something were all knockouts, and never went past the 5th round or something, that unheard of...Look what drugs will do to you!!!
    shame? 50wins 6 losses and still commands at least 20 million a fight getting his opponents 5 million or so. he has nothing to prove or be ashamed of.

  27. #27
    Undecided09's Avatar
    Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Guess?4 superbowls,0 wins
    Posts
    1,442
    Nothing to be ashamed of??? his Criminal record is longer than the list of opponents he has knocked out, don't even try and make that argument!

  28. #28
    1819's Avatar
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fla,ny,nj
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Nothing to be ashamed of??? his Criminal record is longer than the list of opponents he has knocked out, don't even try and make that argument!
    i mean in the ring. and yea he bit holyfields ear but people not in the know dont know that holyfield did the same thing to an opponent. shoulders, ears bitten and elbows being thrown are more common than you think. just dont make sportscenter. still the biggest draw ever. and people who think he wasted his talent are usually the people who think he is broke.

  29. #29
    oswaldosalcedo's Avatar
    oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    Mike Tyson claims he does 2500 sit ups each day with a 20lb weight. I would have thought that would have been over training? What are you guys thoughts on this?

    Here is a link bellow (itís the Clifford Etienne post fight interview also for you fans of Mike it has all his fights here )

    http://www.geocities.com/mike_tyson_ko/videos.html
    confusing bodybuilding with aerobics?

  30. #30
    Undecided09's Avatar
    Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Guess?4 superbowls,0 wins
    Posts
    1,442
    Whatever, thats not the point of this thread....Either way he is the target of a many one-liners, theres something to be said for that...

  31. #31
    1819's Avatar
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fla,ny,nj
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    Whatever, thats not the point of this thread....Either way he is the target of a many one-liners, theres something to be said for that...
    true, and true

  32. #32
    boxingbean's Avatar
    boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Phx, Arizona
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Sust Man
    I think this is done more so for mental toughness, endurance, and getting your body to adapt to more and more stress over time. I think its kinda like being a marine or something in boot camp. Those guys get hardly any sleep and do crazy amounts of cardio and physical conditioning. They don't do it to get big and defined, they do it to push the boundaries of their body and get acustomed to high workloads.

    i dont got no abs that r cut, but my stomach is solid~~~ only do hangin leg lifts, lay down crunches, laying leg raises, and weighted side dips....


    t

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Under A Bar
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Mike Tyson was not that big. I saw him in a mall one time down in Florida and trust me, in person he's much smaller than you'd think. What'd he weigh anyways, like 205? It's really genetics, you could get that way easy enough wihtout drugs


  34. #34
    Donman25's Avatar
    Donman25 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    58
    When I was in boot camp boot camp. I saw guys that showed up small and gain about 25 lbs in 12 1/2 weeks. I also saw guys that came small and left the exact same size. We all did the same exercises and ate the same meals.(some people did extra shlt if the screwed up alot.) I guess some people responed better to "over training". The body is a amazing thing and it can adapt to about what ever you can put it through as long as your mind doesn't get in the way.

  35. #35
    SuperLift's Avatar
    SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,125
    We can hate on mike all day but he has more money than all of us put together......His house is prolly bigger than our gyms we goto.

  36. #36
    indaweedz is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    28
    actually right now he's training in vegas for a match that may not exist, owes something like twenty million to creditors, interesting story:

    http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=8101&more=1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •