• 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By wavefunction
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By redz
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone

Thread: Traps day every day

wavefunction is offline Associate Member

Question Traps day every day

The only stupid question is the one that was never asked, right?

What do you think will happen if I train traps for two hours every day? With very high intensity too, like if my life depended on it: heavy negatives, drop sets etc.

I’m very enhanced btw, that matters I believe. I’d guess they would grow a lot fast, then eventually get over trained and the progress would stall.

Chark is offline Member
    You’ll freaky Friday into Tom Hardy

Please keep us updated with pics. I’m very interested to see what you’re able to do with them.
    Last edited by Chark; 01-24-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    wavefunction likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    I’m very enhanced btw, that matters I believe. I’d guess they would grow a lot fast, then eventually get over trained and the progress would stall.
    Assuming I’m right... With enough gear wouldn’t one day be enough time for recovery? So I could grow them indefinitely, just keep upping the tren ? AAS speed up recovery I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    You’ll freaky Friday into Tom Hardy

Please keep us updated with pics. I’m very interested to see what you’re able to do with them.
    Will do. I’m few days in and so far progressing every day.

99JT is offline Member
    Dam you really want those traps. I did read somewhere that training the same muscle group daily for a few weeks then returning to your normal routine can stunt growth. Honestly for me I saw some gains with heavy low rep deadlifts.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_168.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	311.6 KB 
ID:	178047

my traps were built training them for 15 mins twice per week at the end of a back workout.. if you learn how to connect with them and hit them directly with intensity, then its not going to take a lot of volume to make them grow
    wavefunction likes this.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To piggy back off what GH said, if you hit them properly, by that I mean proper mind muscle connection with motor unit recruitment, I don't think theres any way in hell you complete anything more than 15-20 minutes of training especially with drop sets and heavy negatives.

With that said, if you do this, please log it as I will definitely follow along.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the traps are a much larger muscle group then most people think . most people think they are just the small muscle on top of your shoulders around your neck, but in reality they go half way down your back

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	178048
    they are a large and powerful muscle group.. most guys that are just average stregth level can rack pull 405 to hit traps. 315 shrugs are easy as well .. traps are very strong. so to hit those type of numbers every single day is going to cause a lot of fatigue. the STF, stimulus to fatigue ratio is going to be high towards fatigue.
    now granite, you could lightly hit them every day . but you really think such a powerful and large muscle is going to respond that well to being hit "lightly"
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Don’t think an idea like this would come to me on a clear mind. Last three days were rough: appetite and sleep went, brain fog, anxiety... was it the tren or combination of things, i sure felt like shit. Only on day four I managed to put myself out with 30mg of diazepam.

Still going to do this, for a me month at least. Going to create a log with pics, all exercises etc.
    Highriskk likes this.

Just completed today’s traps session(no breaks, just non-stop abuse)

Name:	47B0684D-6D26-4A9F-B15A-93F43F734C03.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	749.2 KB 
ID:	178059

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    the traps are a much larger muscle group then most people think . most people think they are just the small muscle on top of your shoulders around your neck, but in reality they go half way down your back

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	178048
    they are a large and powerful muscle group.. most guys that are just average stregth level can rack pull 405 to hit traps. 315 shrugs are easy as well .. traps are very strong. so to hit those type of numbers every single day is going to cause a lot of fatigue. the STF, stimulus to fatigue ratio is going to be high towards fatigue.
    now granite, you could lightly hit them every day . but you really think such a powerful and large muscle is going to respond that well to being hit "lightly"
    I knew that there are upper, middle and lower traps. I’m only interested in the upper ones. Not sure if training the rest of the traps would help the upper traps grow. Logic tells me it’s best to train the whole thing, what I hope is that just the upper traps will do.

Not very good at photographing traps, don’t think the pics really do them justice:

They’ve been growing, quite a bit.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wavefunction View Post
    I knew that there are upper, middle and lower traps. I’m only interested in the upper ones. Not sure if training the rest of the traps would help the upper traps grow. Logic tells me it’s best to train the whole thing, what I hope is that just the upper traps will do.
    Train the mid and lower traps to avoid scp winging and other imbalances. A muscle imbalance will lead to injury.
    -
    I read recently, that the raps possess a high number of androgen receptors.
    wavefunction likes this.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My gf tells me not to make my traps any bigger. I told her they will get bigger nothing I can do lol.
    wavefunction likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    My gf tells me not to make my traps any bigger. I told her they will get bigger nothing I can do lol.
    My wife tells me that about another part of me. It’s really a curse because there is nothing I can do.

deusromanus is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    My wife tells me that about another part of me. It’s really a curse because there is nothing I can do.
    Yeah mine says that about my ego.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Wave, your traps are looking solid so far. You don’t want to get them so big that they overpower the rest of your body either.

What I do is I start every workout by warming up my shoulders with side raises using the little green rubber tube with the handles. I stand on the band and do slow deliberate raises where I focus on the shoulder and traps. I also hold my arms out parallel to the ground and do slight circular motions to get all the tendons and muscles involved. I do this every time I work out.

Now specifically for traps, i hit them probably twice a week. On shoulder days I always do side raises to start, then I’ll things like the trap pull up with the cable machine and the bar or the rope. I do trap raises with heavy dumbbells. I also finish my shoulder days with the sit down trap machine.

On back days I hit traps when I do the cable rows. I keep my back slight arched backwards and try not to swing my body. I use a close grip bar, or that V grip thing so my hands are close together, and I always get the top rear traps with this exercise.

Now I think 2 hours a day is much too excessive. What will happen is you’ll likely get an injury and you won’t be able to do traps at all after. I think 3 hours a week dedicated to shoulders and traps should suffice. We grow when we rest. Good luck bro
    wavefunction likes this.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Rack pulls and heavy ass squats will make them pop. Heavy farmers walks will do nicely too. Forget light weight if you want dense thick traps- that also means forget hitting them every day

NCC1968 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    .... Forget light weight if you want dense thick traps- that also means forget hitting them every day
    I would agree. I do shrugs on the Smith so I have a high/safe start position. I used to do them after lats, but they've become so powerful and draining that I do them before lats now.
    Starting with only 1 plate per side and doing 12-15 reps for one set...repeat with 2/ side....3/side.....now it STARTS. 4/side is 360lbs and if you can do 12-15 with that and don't grow......more weight
    This top set/s is the only time I use straps.....cuz 400+lbs is a mofo to hang onto when you do the down portion and hit bottom of the rep. I'm also one who favors doing these reps with some serious intent - that is SPEED.

Frequency is once per week or twice in 7-8 days...depending on workout rotation.
    Last edited by NCC1968; 03-08-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Thread Information