EvanPoinsett is offline New Member

Fitness Question

Hey everybody, ill try to make this as simple as i can...so basically, im in pretty good shape as far as standards go, i can run 2 miles in 13:00, i run 6-8 miles daily, along with daily simple workouts (push ups, sit ups, ruck marches) and i diet the best i can. Im in the army, so I can only diet so well, im very limited by what the chow hall has to offer. So what im wondering is why i can have such a good PT score, do this much cardio, eat well, and still be 235 lbs? Im still improving my fitness, but what would you guys recommend for losing this damn extra weight ive got on. if this helps, im 20 years old, 6'1". Thanks for all of the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fitness Question-me234.jpg  
    Last edited by EvanPoinsett; 12-01-2009 at 11:24 AM.

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Actually you look very fit. Washboard abs are not necessarily a sign of "fitness". Remember fat is a good energy source for the kinds of activities you do. That being said, if you want to lose fat you need to build more muscle (weight training) and review your diet. Post this in the diet section with a rough breakdown of what you are eating, you might just need to change some of your food choices.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Here is the problem I see:
    1. you do all exercises that WILL NOT get you "big" therefore not the "fit" look. You are fit though
    2. your body is going to want to hold onto fat because it gets starved frequently in the army and needs it as a fuel source.
    3. your diet undoubtedly sucks. I have many military friends and I know what they feed you. It's shit. you don't have a choice. My advice to you is to take in no sugar or fast digesting carbs if possible. Honestly though you look good and I would not worry about it until you are close to being able to do your own thing at least three days a week. go to the diet section if you want and throw your daily meal plan up and I will help

Thread Information