tango02 is offline Associate Member

300 workout as a form of HIIT???

I have been doing the 300 workout for a few weeks now off and on. I am in the gym maybe 4 times per week. Can this workout be used as a HIITS' workout? For those of you who are unfamiliar with the workout its basically a circuit workout that is timed. This might not seem like a lot but unless you are in decent shape you will not finish it.
    50 pullups
    50 135lb DL
    50 36# one arm KB overhead press
    50 24in box jumps
    50 pushups
    50 Floor sweeps w/ 135lb

I normally break these reps into 5 sets of 10 each with a little rest in between as possible. So your average HR is up there the entire time but at the same time there is roughly 60secs of rest between lifts. So by definition this is a HIIT type routine correct? I have finally gotten to where I can finish this workout and do all 300 reps and I am tired when I get done. Sometimes to the point of vomiting but I like to push myself like that so thats not an issue for me really.

Do you guys see any reason this type of workout for a HIIT's workout wouldn't be applicable? It does incorporate some weight training as well which from what I have read isnt the norm for HIIT but that shouldn't matter all that much right? More work equals more results....

Thoughts Anyone?

jaxbrah is offline Associate Member
    Dont take my word, but, it would definitely be effective in the burning fat goals of HIIT. However, I think people do HIIT to burn fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible. I think a 300 routine would inhibit muscle growth if your goal is to get bigger. But I may be wrong.

But it would definitely be beneficial to throw a week of that type of workout in every once in a while or so.

tango02 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxbrah View Post
    Dont take my word, but, it would definitely be effective in the burning fat goals of HIIT. However, I think people do HIIT to burn fat while maintaining as much muscle as possible. I think a 300 routine would inhibit muscle growth if your goal is to get bigger. But I may be wrong.

But it would definitely be beneficial to throw a week of that type of workout in every once in a while or so.
    I am just lowering BF % right now as much as possible. Getting ready to cycle again and need to get to 15% and still need to drop another 5-6%. In what way do you think it would inhibit muscle growth??

rooftop1 is offline Junior Member
    No rest periods just constant hard cardio. This will burn muscle as fat. Look at most cross fitters def not bodybuilders. Hiit is high intensity with equal or longer rest periods and only 15-20 min

Quote Originally Posted by rooftop1
    No rest periods just constant hard cardio. This will burn muscle as fat. Look at most cross fitters def not bodybuilders. Hiit is high intensity with equal or longer rest periods and only 15-20 min
    As well as fat*

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on fitness goal and your desired physique.

ZenBro is offline New Member
    This may not answer your initial question, but I feel like you have some weird misconceptions on what needs to happen before you do another cycle.
    If this is indeed being asked because you feel like it is a pre-req to start a cycle, I'm stuggling to see what you end goal could be. Seems kind of misguided.
    I'd recommend evaluating your goals and where you want to be and asking for guidance because the 300 workout, HIIT training, etc etc are all great, but really just means to an end.
    Hope that kind of makes sense.

TL;DR - don't think those two things are compatible at the same time due to them having completely different goals

^^ agreed H IIT is much better for building muscle as it doesn't waste as much because the cardio isn't as intense and it keeps burning calories the rest of the day ,those CrossFit type workouts are not conducive to building muscle so it all depends on your goal Op

HellbentSOB is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenBro View Post
    TL;DR - don't think those two things are compatible at the same time due to them having completely different goals
    ^ This.

Thread Information