Gaining and Overtraining?

Alright I'm curious to see the responses and opinions here. I have all the equipment I use to workout with here at my house. I use chains,bands..etc for aiding in strength techniques. There are 4 people that train here and we all train basically in a similar manner. We are all fairly strong considering everyone here is natural. 3 of us bench over 400 pounds. I recently hit 500 for a single. Everyone can pull over 500(my max is 620). Depending on the depth everyone's squat varies but is equally decent.

Well my method of training is what most people would call overtraining,but the 4th member here just started training 6 months ago and already has benched 300 and deadlifted 505. Without seeing my routines and sets lets say that we all are overtraining. Is it possible to overtrain but yet still gain in all your lifts and in overall muscle development?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    All factors being equal among all you guys, i'd say it is a ggod possibility to gain strength and DECENT muscle gains while overtraining at the same time. I would say decent because you would have more potential to gain strength and size as opposed to nominal ones while overtraining. Plus your gains would plateau eventually and you'l notice that your stuck in a rutt!

Pimp do you think you are overtraining or why would you assume you are overtraining, just curious? You seem pretty strong already with that 500 lb bench

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    All factors being equal among all you guys, i'd say it is a ggod possibility to gain strength and DECENT muscle gains while overtraining at the same time. I would say decent because you would have more potential to gain strength and size as opposed to nominal ones while overtraining. Plus your gains would plateau eventually and you'l notice that your stuck in a rutt!

Pimp do you think you are overtraining or why would you assume you are overtraining, just curious? You seem pretty strong already with that 500 lb bench

Spoon
    The way that I train say on a certain exercise on bench. 99% of the people would say i overtrain. I do bench twice a week. Honestly if i dont use the same method the weight feels a lot heavier to my body within say two weeks of a new routine. I feel a lot weaker. I overload my body,because my goals are more in the numbers then in anything else. I've found a productive way for me to workout and gain. I've tried westside,metal militia and had limited results. Although I'll say I really do like metal militia.

Now one of the days per week I started using a shirt to get used to it. So i'll see if it hinders my strength in my normal rountines. Could genetics play a role in recovery and the ability to gain naturally? My family is overweight and I can put on a ****load of size fast(for being natual) if I diet to a tee instead of jackin around with it. Thanks for any help..

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Hey whatever works for you works for you and not necessarily for other people. no one knows your bosy as well as you, you are the best gauge of how well you cope up with a certain exercise. As for genetics, yes YES genetics plays a huge part in how well you recover or how well you gain or lose weight BUT it is not the sole limiting factor. In my case im an ectomorph, its a bi@$%& for me to gain weight, although harder for me to gain as opposed to other people, i try to overcome this by focusing on my workout routines and my diet.

Bro anything is possible. with the right mental attitude, solid dedication and motivation their should be no reason why you shouldnt succeed in your pursuits.Good luck!

Spoon

Thread Information