Jabo2002 is offline Junior Member

My Second Cycle (Test E/EQ)

Okay, I wanted to start one of these threads to keep up with my results. I took my first shot last night (5/24/04)

My Cycle:
    Wk 1-12: 250 mg Test Enanthate (twice per week)
    Wk 1-12: 200 mg Equipoise (twice per week)
    21 days after last shot: 300 mg Clomid
    Next 10 days: 100 mg Clomid
    Next 10 days: 50 mg Clomid

My stats:
    I currently weigh between 153 and 156 lbs. My goal is to gain 10 - 15 lbs of lean muscle. I am 31 years old. I have been working out off and on for the last 12 years; however, I have been extremely dedicated for the last 16 months.

My Workout Routine:
    5-7 days / wk
    My basic routine is to do 4 sets per exercise, always adding weight after each set. My reps are 12, 10, 8, and between 3 - 6 on the last set. I usually put enough weight on the last two sets so that I fail after the last rep. I always try to do one more on the last set. As soon as I can do 6 reps on the last set, I up the weight. I usually work 2 muscle groups every time I work out. I try to focus on one group for a few weeks by adding an extra set to my routine (which is why you see more sets for certain muscle groups below). After a few weeks, I will change it up and focus on different muscles. I also change up my routine after about a month so that I am not always doing the same exercises. For example, I alternate incline and decline every few months.

Day 1: Chest (40 min) & Back (30 min)
    4 Sets Flat Bench (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Incline Bench (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Dumbbell Flat Bench (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Machine Flys (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Lat Pulldown (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Dumbbell Bent Over Row (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Reverse Flys (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    Day 2: Biceps (40 min) & Triceps (30 min)
    4 Sets Barbell Curl (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Dumbbell Curl (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Preacher Curl (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Machine Curl (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets French Press (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Machine Pushdowns (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Overhead Extension (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    Day 3: Shoulders (30 min) & Legs (40 min)
    4 Sets Military Press (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Dumbell Shoulder Flys (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Shrugs (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Squats (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Calf Raises(12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    4 Sets Leg Extension (12, 10, 8, 3-6 reps)
    Repeat
    I also try to run 3 to 4 miles (at a pace of 9 min/mile) 1 or 2 times per week for cardio.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    i am about to end my firsy cycle of test e and EQ. up around 20 pounds so far. Only thing i see a change needed is to run the test one week longer then the EQ that way the pct times match up. good luck!

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    ditto

Thanks for the help.

Day 4: Did my second shot yesterday. No side effects yet!! I weighed 155 on the day that I started this cycle and I weighed 157.8 yesterday. The gain is probably due to my diet. I started eating 4 meals a day to help with the weight gain. I eat breakfast, lunch, a mid afternoon meal, and dinner. I plan to keep up with a few key exercises in order to document my strength gains. This week's maximum weight:

Flat Bench = 225 (4 times)
    Incline Dumbbell = 85's (6 times)
    Barbell Curl = 115 (6 times)
    Dumbbell Curl = 50's (5 times)
    French Press = 115 (6 times)
    Military Press = 150 (4 times)
    Squats = 165 (6 times)
    Last edited by Jabo2002; 06-04-2004 at 07:19 AM.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    You should eat 5-6 small meals a day and you will really grooooooooow!!!

ChallyRT is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDezel
    You should eat 5-6 small meals a day and you will really grooooooooow!!!
    That really depends on the calories.

Day 9: Did my 3rd shot yesterday. I gained a few more pounds over the weekend. Now I weigh 160.5. Not bad at all. I am surprised that I am gaining weight already. I thought it would take about 3-4 weeks for the gear to kick in. I noticed two bruises on my buttocks where the last two shots were given. So, I decided to give this last one in my arm. I will probably do the same on Thursday and then back to the glutes next week. No real strength gains yet.

ChallyRT is offline New Member
    You might be holding water, though. I started around the same time as you and I am up three pounds, but I can actually look at my muscles and see the three pounds.

PskLifter is offline New Member
    this is a very similar cycle to what i was thinkin of running next. would it be aight to run it 10 weeks or even 8 weeks instead of 12? and could you start out w/ 30mg of dbol for the first 3 weeks to jump start the cycle.

I don't think it's water retention. Just going from 3 to 4 meals a day will make you put on a few more pounds, gear or not. Psk, a longer cycle was recommended to me. I think you would regret not going taking full advantage of the cycle. I have researched the dbol question, and I think it is good to jump start the cycle but only if you are not a beginner. The sides on that are serious.

Day 12: Did my fourth shot yesterday. The bruises are gone, so I did this one in my buttocks. Still no sides! I weighed 158 yesterday so I am still up 3 pounds. I haven't noticed any strength gains yet. This week's maximum weight:

Flat Bench = 225 (4 times)
    Incline Dumbbell = 85's (6 times)
    Barbell Curl = 115 (6 times)
    Dumbbell Curl = 50's (6 times)
    French Press = 115 (6 times)
    Military Press = 150 (6 times)
    Squats = 165 (6 times)

Day 16: Did my fifth shot yesterday in my buttocks. No problems. I am hungrier today that usual. I doubt it has anything to do with the gear yet. I am just waiting for the 4 week mark. I still weigh 158 pounds (up 3 pounds). Still no strength gains.

Day 19: I forgot to do my 6th shot yesterday, so I plan to do it tonight. Nothing new to report. I weighed 160 and 161 this week, but I was back down to 158.4 yesterday so I am still up 3-5 pounds. Still no noticable strength gains. I am still waiting for the gear to kick in. I expect to start seeing gains in the next 2 weeks. This week's maximum weight:

Flat Bench = 215 (5 times) (I did incline first so I was tired)
    Incline Dumbbell = 90's (6 times) (Since I did this first, I could have done even more but no spot)
    Barbell Curl = 115 (4 times) (I did dumbbell first so I was tired)
    Dumbbell Curl = 55's (6 times)
    French Press = did not do these this week
    Military Press = 150 (6 times)
    Squats = 165 (6 times)

hey jab, how tall are you? Seems we have similar weights and experience, just curious what kind of structure you are. still considering simliar cycle as well. I think you may have seen alot more immediate results if you went with some dbol in the beginning. However, I see many people suggesting test prop instead. What would the advantage of that be? Seems to have very similar effects but just means more pokes.

I am 5' 7". I agree with you about the dbol , but I am not going to do that until I get some more experience. I am nervous about that steriod because it has some serious sides. Also, it can be hard on the liver. I want to see how my body reacts to the gear first. I am sure it will be worth the wait for now. I think that test-prop is a much better kick start, but it requires a lot of shots. I may try dbol or test prop on the next cycle.

Keep an eye on my cycle and I'll let ya know what results I get.

Day 22: I think the gear is starting to kick in. I weighed 161.5 yesterday. That is the most I have weighed in my life! Also, it just feels like I am starting to increase in size. I have noticed that my arms rub against my lats more than they ever have. I walk around with my arms flared out to the side.

I'm not sure if the sides are starting to kick in, but I have noticed some behavior changes. My girlfriend told me that I have started to get violent when I sleep. She says I must be fighting someone in my sleep. Crazy! I believe her because I woke up a few mornings and my gums hurt like I was clenching my teeth all night.

Well, I do my 7th shot tonight...

jmp51483 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo2002
    Day 22: I think the gear is starting to kick in. I weighed 161.5 yesterday. That is the most I have weighed in my life! Also, it just feels like I am starting to increase in size. I have noticed that my arms rub against my lats more than they ever have. I walk around with my arms flared out to the side.

I'm not sure if the sides are starting to kick in, but I have noticed some behavior changes. My girlfriend told me that I have started to get violent when I sleep. She says I must be fighting someone in my sleep. Crazy! I believe her because I woke up a few mornings and my gums hurt like I was clenching my teeth all night.

I am hoping that is placebo effect... if not I am worried to see you are having that much aggression on this cycle.

glad to see the gear is starting to kick in. flaring out is always a good thing. tho the aggression is kinda curious, hopefully like mentioned before thats just placebo effect.

Day 25: I did my 8th shot last night. I usually do them on Monday's and Thursday's, but I going out of town today. I weighed 160 lbs yesterday. I agree with the Placebo Effect. I think my weight is up due to that and my diet change. I am still not sure about the aggression. I am fine when I am awake.

I am anticipating some serious gains starting next week since I will have been on the gear for 4 weeks at that point. I have been serious about my workouts up to this point. I'm averaging 5 days/week. I have noticed some slight strength gains. This week's maximum weight:

Flat Bench = 225 (3 times)
    Incline Dumbbell = 90's (8 times) (I did these no problem, so I am going to start doing 95's or 100's next time)
    Barbell Curl = did not do these this week
    Dumbbell Curl = 55's (4 times)
    Military Press = 155 (5 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Squats = 185 (6 times) (up 20 lbs)

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Day 25: I did my 8th shot last night. I usually do them on Monday's and Thursday's, but I going out of town today. I weighed 160 lbs yesterday. I agree with the Placebo Effect. I think my weight is up due to that and my diet change. I am still not sure about the aggression. I am fine when I am awake.

I am anticipating some serious gains starting next week since I will have been on the gear for 4 weeks at that point. I have been serious about my workouts up to this point. I'm averaging 5 days/week. I have noticed some slight strength gains. This week's maximum weight:

Flat Bench = 225 (3 times)
    Incline Dumbbell = 90's (8 times) (I did these no problem, so I am going to start doing 95's or 100's next time)
    Dumbbell Curl = 55's (4 times)
    Military Press = 155 (5 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Squats = 185 (6 times) (up 20 lbs)

im running test enth/eq as my first cycle as well. why arent your gains more than that? seems too little?

rborwn77 is offline Associate Member
    to much carido ?

I don't do any cardio. I stopped running when I started this cycle. Do you really see gains before 4 weeks? All the research I have seen says no. I haven't expected to see any noticable gains until the gear starts to kick in after 4 weeks. If that is wrong, then something could be wrong with the gear. It could be fake, or just way underdosed. When did you start to see gains? Do you have a cycle post? Did you take anything to kick start the cycle like d-bol or Test Prop?
    Last edited by Jabo2002; 06-17-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Day 30: Did my 9th shot last night. I weighed 160.8 yesterday. I have noticed some increases in my strength this week. It will be on my next post. I had a few zits this morning...not sure if they are due to the gear or not.

Day 33: I went out of town, so I am doing my 10th shot tonight instead of last night. I weighed 161.0 yesterday. I am a little surprised that I have not started to gain some serious weight yet. I haven't noticed any side effects that I am positive were due to the gear.

This week's maximum weight:
    Flat Bench = did not do these this week
    Incline Dumbbell = 95's (8 times) (up 10 lbs) (I did these no problem, so I am going try 100's next time)
    Dumbbell Curl = 55's (6 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Military Press = 155 (6 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Squats = 195 (6 times) (up 30 lbs)

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    i would up the calories by 500kcal a day to see if that helps with the weight gain

Day 36: I ended up doing my 10th shot on Saturday instead of Friday. That's 2 days late. Oh well.... I weighed 163 over the weekend (that's the most I have ever weighed in my whole life!!). I feel like I am getting stronger. On Friday, I lifted 100's on incline dumbbell bench press!

Day 46: I did my 13th shot on Tuesday. I am still only weighing about 161 - 162 lbs. I was expecting to see some major gains by now. I have been on the gear for 6 1/2 weeks. There are still no side effects, except maybe a few zits (though I am not sure if that is attributed to the gear or not). Last week, my max weight lifted was:

Flat Bench = did not do these this week
    Incline Dumbbell = 100's (7 times) (up 15 lbs)
    Dumbbell Curl = 55's (5 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Military Press = 155 (6 times) (up 5 lbs)
    Squats = 195 (6 times) (up 30 lbs)

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    what brand?
    possible underdosing or fakes?

Could be, but I am not sure. Looks real. It is PVL.

Thread Information