Quake is offline Member

Talking 4th cycle, 3rd week, sust and deca

I'm currently in my 3rd week of my 4th cycle, stacking sustenon 250 with Deca and Russian (Akripin) D-bol. So far I have been on 250mg of sust, 200mg of Deca EW, and 25mg of d-bol ED. While this is my fourth cycle, it is my first cycle in over five years, three and a half of those years being spent doing no training at all. I have been back training for about four and a half months and now think, after starting this cycle, that I have started a cycle too early and should have given my body time to get back to the levels I left off at. It is too late now and so I plan to continue the cycle to it's end then stay off for about nine months. I will also point out that this is the first cycle in which I will be noting my gains and losses.

I have gained 14lbs in body weight since starting the cycle, and today increased each dumbbell in a military press by 11lbs (I last did the exercise 2 weeks ago). My muscles are hard as hell, and I'm upping the dose to 500mg of sust EW this week (I'm tapering, a "pyramid cycle", even though it's frowned upon by many so no more comments on it please).

16/06/04 - Have noticed today that I have testicular shrinkage. This is the first time this has happenned to me on a cycle, at least it's the first time that I've noticed. This is obviously a well known side effect, so on the bright side of things it's more proof that my juice is real. I have pct so now, given the fact that I still have at least 5 weeks to go, I will look into the best time to start it, a little earlier than planned given the signs of these "sides". I know these are normal and well documented side effects (also well documented is the fact that these "sides" are reversible) and so still plan to go on with my pyramid.

20/06/04 - Up'd dose of sust on Friday by 250 mg, it is now Sunday. Trained legs on Friday and added 120 lbs on leg press to the weight which I did last. This may seem like a large increase, but I am still 140 lbs out from the weight I was doing four years ago, so while the juice is obviously boosting me, my muscles are remembering the load they used to be able to take. Since the jab and training on Friday, my legs have become noticeably larger and are obviously getting back to their old size. Yesterday and today however I am feeling a little woosy in my head. This I am putting down to the increase in dose of the sust. I am supposed to be starting 50 mg ED of Oxy's tomorrow, but am not sure if this is a good idea or not. I will decide tomorrow. As of tomorrow my peak two weeks start in my pyramid.

21/06/04 - Woke up this morning after a good sleep. Head felt quite clear, but I still decided against taking the Oxy's. I am however still going to go ahead with my 200mg jab of Cypionate mid week (Wednesday) as I will only be doing this for two weeks. Some would say it's a waste, pointless etc, but I know from previous experience I get a good kick from Cyp, and that is what pyramiding is all about! Hit the gym and did chest. Added 44 lbs to my Bench Press but fell two reps short of where I had maxed out with my highest weight last week. 22 lbs heavier was no problem, managed 6 reps easily. Also increased my Dumbbell flat press by 11 lbs each DB, but again fell short by two reps from where I maxed out last week. Did all presses today, so don't know if I increased on flyes and pec deck which I did last week. These new weights are all Personal Bests, surpassing the weight I was lifting when I finished training three and a half years ago, so hopefully that means that new muscle is now being developed not just old muscle being re-awakened, in my chest at least.

22/06/04 - Back workout. Got back to max weight of 3 and a half years ago on one arm rows today. First time since I started back, an improvement of 44 lbs on the last time I did this exercise two weeks ago. I think I might have been able to better it, but my lower back injury meant that I did not want to push it as it started to pain with the strain when I got to 4 reps with each arm (at least it's symmetrical). My pull downs were the heaviest I have done, lifting the whole stack for 4 reps in 3 consecutive sets, don't know what sort of weight that is, but it's 20 blocks (warm ups to some of the guys (and gals) on this forum!).

23/06/04 - Shoulder workout. Pre-exhausted my delts this week with lateral raises. This is the first time in the four months I have been back training that I have done this exercise, and can't remember what weight I was lifting x years ago, so have nothing to gauge the progress by. However, even exhausting them I managed to lift 22 lbs more in a seated military press with a barbell than I had done with a barbell two weeks ago for a fairly comfortable 6 reps. I went 22 lbs heavier and managed 3 reps, but every one was with aid from my spot and he said the last one he was giving a lot of help behind. Due to my lower back problems I can only perform seated shrugs so I knocked out ten sets of these. I used the same weight I used last week, but was much comfier shrugging it and managed to hold the squeeze for each rep for 4 sets of 6 reps with this weight. So there is a little improvement in the trap area, but the session I gave them last week was a sham so the reason for the lesser improvement no doubt lays here. Also had my shot of Cyp today. Have been in a good mood all day, and I remember a similair effect the last time I took it. Hope it's the real deal.

24/06/04 - Started out with Bi's (after the usual 25 mins of bikes and rowers) and from the outset felt sluggish. This is something I was feeling in the first week or two of doing this cycle, I didn't notice it last week, but this week it has been creeping up on me throughout the week and today by the end of my session I felt like crumpling on the floor and failed to even start my final set when I set out to do it. That said, I did show slight improvement. I managed an extra rep 4 sets in a row with the same weight I maxed out at 1 rep on last week (seated dumbbell curls) and the form and handling of the weight was a lot better this week too. With tri's I managed a weight for 8 reps easily when I did it for 6 reps last week and the particular exercise I did this on was my final exercise for tri's! It was actually one of my last sets for the day (before I failed).
    Last edited by Quake; 08-09-2004 at 05:58 AM.

Quake is offline Member

Post continued....

25/06/04 - Legs. Warmed up with deads which were easy. Did donkey raises for calfs at the same weight as the beginning of the week, then seated raises at 11 lbs heavier than earlier in the week. Leg press, as soon as I started to stress my quads the sluggishness in my brain started to change, or I should say, became affected. Seems the sluggish feeling through the week may have been payback for such a big jump in weight last week. I didn't push it, and left it for 4 sets of a weight that was 44 lbs lighter than last weeks, even though I could have probably managed 44 lbs heavier. Got home, had a shake, surfed for an hour, then went to bed and fell into the deepest slepp for two hours I have had in a long time. To me that showed a definite connection between my quads and the sluggishness I have been feeling. I'll give them a good blasting next week and see how I feel. Will next update a week today with the highlights from my weeks sessions.

28/06/04 - Have been notified this morning that we have drug tests coming up in work soon (have not yet been given a date), so am discontinuing my cycle as of today. Got the call just before I took my first jab for this week, so it was just in time. Now I'm hoping that there's gonna be a delay in the tests so all the juice is out of my system. Fingers crossed! Am a little gutted that I'm not going to be able to do the whole cycle, but then again, as I said, I feel I've done this cycle too soon to starting back training, so maybe it will be a blessing in disguise. Whatever, I plan to now take at least 9 months of being clean before thinking about doing another cycle. I can see my supplements going up though and might look in to an effective otc supplement cycle in the next few months. This cycle has yielded some good gains and I am at present a full 14 lbs heavier whilst having taken about 3 inches off of my waist (seriously I can slip my jeans off without undoing them!), and that is only after 4 weeks! I can't wait to see what will happen once I have built my natural foundations up properly!

Best of luck to all of you on your cycles!

Feel free to post any queries or feedback on that which is detailed here, I will be checking this thread for the next couple of weeks and will put a new post on in about 4 weeks time when I'll be at a post cycle level and be able to tell you how it is.

Watch this space!
    Last edited by Bouncer272001; 06-28-2004 at 05:51 AM.

Quake is offline Member

Results - Day 1

It's been over 3 weeks since my last jab, I am on pct with Nolva, HCG and trib (Couldn't get Clomid). PCT also ends with my last jab of HCG this wednesday, but I figured that what I am lifting now is likely to be what I will be able to lift even after pct. So I will post each day with my results.

Today

CHEST

Bench Press - 22 lbs less than I maxed out on whilst on cycle, but 44 lbs heavier than before I started the cycle. Remember this was only a 4 week cycle, so I am happy with that, for a start.

Narrow Grip Incline Press - 22 lbs lighter than my max on cycle. I do not have a reference for before cycle as I started doing this exercise with a narrow grip whilst on cycle.

Flye Machine - I am easily moving the stack now for 5 reps whereas before cycle I was falling four blocks short of the stack.

Quake is offline Member

Results - Day 2

BACK

Bent over Rows - The weight I am lifting I am doing without too much difficulty, I know I could lift more but due to lower back problems which are getting better, I dare not risk it. So I use this exercise as more of a warm up than anything.

Hammer Strength Seated Rows (One Arm) - This week I did 22 lbs heavier on each arm than I did last week, although I think I could have managed it last week. This means I am rowing a total of 66 lbs heavier on each arm than when I started the cycle. Back is one of my strongest body parts and always has been, along with legs.

One Arm Dumbbell Row - I am rowing the same weight as I maxed at during cycle, although I am finding it fractionally harder.

Pulldowns - I was forced to use a machine which I don't usually use so have no reference, double the problem as this particular machine has no weight markings, just number markings. There are 20 blocks in the stack and I did 18 of them for 6 reps. I also had to use a wide side grip bar which I have never used before, but might use again as it felt really good!

I also did what exercise I could on traps today and plan to do the same tomorrow, the reason for this is again my lower back problems as I cannot pick up any more than 132 lbs for BB shrugs without my lower back paining me. I am upright rowing the same weight, but again know that without my injury I could probably manage another 22 lbs on top of that for this exercise, maybe a little more.

Quake is offline Member

Results - Day 3

DELTS

Seated Dumbbell Military Press - I am 5.5 lbs down each arm from the weight I maxed out at whilst on cycle, and 2 reps, but am still 11lbs heavier than I have ever lifted before with each arm.

Seated Barbell Smith Press - I am 22 lbs down from the weight I maxed at whilst on cycle, but am still 22 lbs heavier than I have ever lifted before.

Cable Lateral Raises - I started doing these whilst on cycle so have no reference weight to know a difference from, neither have I made much use of this exercise before so have no idea of what weight I could previously do.

TRAPS

Same as last night.

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    These "oxy's" u speak of wouldnt happen to be Oxycontin would they...if so thats a huuuge no no on juice, you might as well trade livers with a 50 year old alcoholic who weighs 400 lbs and doesnt exercize. Not to mention those pills do horrible things to people. I have multiple friends who are ruining their lives due to a horrible addiction to this drug. It blows my mind that the government would okay something thats more addictive than crack or heroin. If u werent talking about the oxys I thought u were just ignore this, but heed my warning.

Quake is offline Member

Results - Day 4

BICEPS

Seated Alternate DB Curls - I have lost no strength in this area, am still able to curl that which I maxed out on during cycle for the same amount of reps.

Standing Alternate Cable Curls - Again the same results.

Concentration Curl - Same results.

CHEST

Bench Press - 22 lbs less than I maxed out on whilst on cycle, but 44 lbs heavier than before I started the cycle. Remember this was only a 4 week cycle, so I am happy with that, for a start.

Narrow Grip Incline Press - 22 lbs lighter than my max on cycle. I do not have a reference for before cycle as I started doing this exercise with a narrow grip whilst on cycle.

Flye Machine - I am easily moving the stack now for 5 reps whereas before cycle I was falling four blocks short of the stack.[/QUOTE]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- thats a hellava drop in in weight from your max in a short period of time...im sure a longer cycle would've have keep your weight to your max or atleast closer...short cycles are prolly good for looks but not for close to permanate strength gains..imo
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 08-01-2004 at 07:10 AM.

Quake is offline Member

Results - Day 5

LEGS

Donkey Calf Raises - Same weight as max on cycle.

Seated Calf Raises - 11 lbs heavier than max on cycle.

Leg Curl - Due to injury did not perform this exercise whilst on cycle, have only managed to start doing it again in the last two weeks.

Squat - Am still recovering from injury so again there is no comparison for poundages.

Leg Press - Maxing at the same weight for the same amount of reps as whilst on cycle.

All in all I am happy with the gains I have made and have lost very little strength. I leaned up a lot also whilst on cycle, but did not make records to make comparisons. I am now looking forward to my next cycle which is going to be in 7 weeks time. Due to a wish to hide my usage and because of the results I have had from my last cycle I will probably run another four week cycle. I am thinking of doing this for at least my next two cycles and then maybe a six week cycle for 3 cycles then move up to an 8 week cycle and so on. I feel that if I do this with regularity it may allow for my body to get used to intervals of AS use and may provide for consistency of good results whilst on AS. I have no science to back this thought up, but it seems like it may be a possibility and it is a possibility that I would like to allow to happen.

Quake is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MR PHATT ASS
    thats a hellava drop in in weight from your max in a short period of time...im sure a longer cycle would've have keep your weight to your max or atleast closer...short cycles are prolly good for looks but not for close to permanate strength gains..imo
    That's not a large drop imo, and I have already made it up having since benched my max whilst on cycle for the same number of reps. My chest is also the weakest part of my body, along with my delts, and always has been, so the gains I have made I am very pleased with. As far as looks are concerned, I'm not so interested as I have a long way to go before I start worrying about my appearance, besides which I intended to go for 8 weeks on cycle, I cut it short for the reasons given. Even so, as I have mentioned in my previous post, I am very happy with the gains over 4 weeks and will be repesting the length of duration for at least my next two cycles.

Quake is offline Member
    Anyone would like to ask questions or post comments please feel free to do so, I will answer the best that I can.

pimpjuice is offline Junior Member

Quake

Breakdown your cycle for me.
    Im about to take on my 3rd and you results seem good enough to give it a shot.
    Thanks

Quake is offline Member
    I took -

200mg Deca twice a week, weeks 1-4
    250mg Sust once a week, weeks 1-2
    500mg Sust twice a week, weeks 3-4
    Tapered D-bol over the 4 weeks starting from 2 days of 5mg, 3 days of 10mg, 3 days of 20mg, then 30mg a day, and the same taper off in reverse order.
    20mg of Nolva a day
    PCT

Hope it helps!

pimpjuice is offline Junior Member
    Thanks. I just posted my cycle. Its titled The Comeback. Check it out.
    How much have you gained so far and what is your diet like?
    HAve you heard of taking some B-6 as a supplement?

Good luck in your cycle

Quake is offline Member
    I've made definite gains and am leaning up at the same time so cannot tell the exact weight I have gained in lean muscle. My diet is ok most of the time, I am still in the process of getting it in line. A typical day will consist of egg whites, bacon, steak, rice, chicken and at least three veg and three fruit. I have heard of taking B6 supplementation, but I have opted to take a B Complex tablet which gives the correct doses for RDA.

Good luck to you too!

Thread Information