StevePJC is offline Member

Personal Journey DOWN

Ok here's my story. No I'm not on a cycle of any kind. Was told this forum wasn't only for cycles so here I am.

I started this diet of mine on 6/28 at 315 pounds. My diet consists of about 1500 calories on a good day and up to 2100 on a bad day. Average fat intake has been 43g and average carb intake has been 61g. I know this is low and I'm sacraficing muscle. I'm willing to do this to get my weight to a more reasonable level. This particular diet is scheduled to end 7/28.

First set of pictures is showing from June 30th to July 11th.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal Journey DOWN-12days.jpg  

This next set of pictures I posted in the Member Picture Section.

Showing 5 more days and a total of 15 pounds gone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal Journey DOWN-630to716.jpg  

Training thus far looks like this.

From 6/30 to 7/11 I rode my bike 7.5-10 miles in the mornings. I set the gears where if I coasted I would stop rather quickly so I had to keep peddling to keep going. 7/12 I started on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Yesterday I upped the treadmill to 60 minutes. On an empty stomach for someone my size this sucks. Made it though.

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up man. You'll get there with hardwork. And you seem to be very commited.

60 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Lowered the speed a bit and varied the incline between 5 and 10%. I spent 5-7 minutes at each incline. Back and forth. 5% and then up to 10%.

Stepped on my wife's bathroom scale that could never pick me up because I was over it's limit. Had a real OMG moment when it registered 288 when I woke up. Stepped on it again and it said 291, again said 290. After drinking a half gallon of water and treadmill it says 299, 304, 301. Avg that out and it's 301.3. Does that mean that's my actial weight? Gym scale said 300 post workout. Making me wonder if the treadmill is actually BETTER than the bike around the runway.

Skin is really getting loose. Hoping it will snap back when the diet is over and I hit the weights full speed.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Hey Steve glad to see you made a journal over here...what does your current diet look like?

Diet is less than half of what it should be. Taking in 1500 calories on a "extreme day" and I've altered it to give me some leeway to go up to a shade over 2000 calories on a "semi-cheat" day. Haven't had one of those in 9 days though. Average fat intake per day is 43g and average carb intake a day is 61g. I'm using the "Fit Day" program to help me keep track. Average protien has been 235g.

Food sources have been a boatload of fish. Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna. I grill this with a little lemon juice. Oatmeal in the mornings after my cardio. Brand of protien is EAS Precision.

Next cheat meal wont be until my wife gets back from the States on 7/29. She's getting gung ho about hearing about my progress so I'm hoping she doesn't go back to cooking country food like we normally eat. Potatoes, pasta, and meat. In moderation I'm sure this wouldn't hurt but am afraid it would slow my progress greatly.

Weigh in this morning. 299 pounds empty just after getting up. Listening to my knees and taking the day off.

Weight change this far in has been 16 pounds since I started.

Weight this morning was 298.5
    I think I've broken my slump. This is two straight mornings of being under 300 pounds.

60 minutes on the treadmill at varrying incline levels.

Post treadmill meal was 6 hard boiled eggs.

mass junkie is offline banned
    way to go man....keep at it

Second time in the gym today this afternoon.

30 minutes on the treadmill. Tried to double the intensity of the morning 60 minute session by ramping the incline up to 15%. Fast walk for me. 2.5 - 3mph at the highest incline. When I took it down I went to 7.5% at 3.5-4mph.

Chest was the bodypart of the day. Free weight room was FULL. Normally I go about 90 minutes before closing time. Went to the Hammer Room and I'll be ****ed if I didn't feel like I got a good workout on the Hammer Machines. I might start incorporating more exercises in my routine in this area. Felt weaker with this workout though. This is the first time I've done weights immediately after cardio so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I'm 4 freaking pounds away from my 4 week goal. Looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning.

Quake is offline Member
    Good progress man! Stick at it! I've been on long diets before and it is gruelling! A tip though a semi pro BB told me a few years back. When you are dieting and limiting your intake extreme amounts, as you are doing, your body responds to the regularity of it and slows itself down. This means your metabolism and fat burning processes are also slowed down. This BB said that he would do this for say 10 days then have a cheat day where he would double his intake of calories to give his natural bodily processes a bump, they respond in kind by speeding up to cope with the extra load, and then stay sped up for the next couple of days before they start to slow down again.

He claimed he lost more weight on cheat days than he did in the last couple of days of dieting before a cheat day, give it a go and see if it works for you.

Was dealt a serious blow today. Was told I was on the verge of being sterile. Wife and I have been trying to have a child for three years. Feels like I'm already dead. Just waiting to go to sleep. Dont think I will be updating this journal anymore.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that bro, don't give up though! You're making such good progress, it'll help keep you occupied and there has to still be a chance. Keep trying and don't get yourself down, I wish I could give you some real advice but just keep your head up man.

I know I cant stop. Being told this after trying for so long was a hell of a blow. Especially when the wife is in the States going through fertility tests of her own. I've gone back and analyized everything I've put in my body over the past 3-6 months and remembered I did some M1T in May and did NOT take any Clomid/NOvladex or any other PCT. I think that might have something to do with it. Have some Clomid on the way and will be taking the whole ****ed bottle over a 30 day span. **** the funky vision.

I've also looked into HCG but the problem with that is getting the pins and the risk of it. It was my wife's job that got us to Japan and am very worried to put that in jeapordy.

Nevertheless. Pardon the speed bump. I know it would be stupid for me to stop my progress. Yesterday will have to be counted as a cheat day. Weighed in the morning at 296.5 and this morning was up to 298. Haven't been in to the gym yet today. Waiting for a phonecall.

60 minutes treadmill
    20 minutes stationary bike.

Tonight is bicep night. Will do another 30 minutes on the treadmill. It's crunch time for me with 8 days left on this journey. Getting one of my nuts biopsied Saturday morning which has me hell-a-rattled. Trying to keep focus and not screw up my training.

30 minutes again on the treadmill this evening. Hit it HARD tonight. Went up to 15% at a fast walk and held it there for 14 minutes before I had to come down a bit. As always I sweated like a hog.

Biceps were the bodypart of the night. Hit a personal best of 145 on the barbell curls. Could only do 3 until my arms just gave out.

Barbell Curls
    Set 1 105lbs X 10 reps
    Set 2 135lbs X 8 reps
    Set 3 145lbs X 3 reps (Failure)

Hammer Curls
    Set 1 50lbs X 12 reps
    Set 2 55lbs X 8 reps
    Set 3 60lbs X 7 reps (Failure)

Naut. Preacher
    Set 1 100lbs X 13 reps (Failure)
    Set 2 70 lbs X 14 reps (Failure)
    Set 3 50lbs X 11 reps (Failure)
    Set 4 30lbs X 12 reps (Failure)
    Set 5 20lbs X 17 reps (Failure)

Can barely type. Tomorrow is shoulders and traps and POSSIBLY triceps.

KrackHouse20 is offline New Member
    Great Job, Keep it up. I would recommend talking to Bersling (i think thats his name). He has a forum posted at From VERY FAT to... , But he has had great success in losing weight. But as I said, Great job thus far and keep it up.

Goal Accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!

294lbs this morning. When I started out doing this ****ed diet I wanted to lose 20 pounds. I've lost 21. I couldn't be any happier.

I treated myself. 30 minutes this morning instead of the normal 60 Tonight is shoulder night.

Had some good entertainment. Two couples got into a knock down drag out fist fight in the cardio room. A guy was on the treadmill with his wife on the one next to him. In between me and the husband was some middle aged Japanese woman who apparantly kept looking at him while he worked. He finally slammed the stop button and looked at her ans screamed What the **** are you lookng at Grandma! Well the Japanese woman's husband was on a stairmaster across the room and came over to interject. This dude went into some silly dancing around yelling "Wassup Grandpa! You want some of this!" Turns out the Japanese man was the Aikido instructor and proceeded to smack this young airman around the cardio room. The American wife went after the Japanese wife and promptly got her nose busted. Security Police didn't come for about 15 minutes and this kid didn't know when to quit. FInally it looked like the Japanese guy broke the kids arm.

SP's took the Japanese guy even after me and several other people gave statements telling them the airmen kept coming at the guy.

I'll be ****ed. VERY entertaining morning.

23 days

Pictures. Personally I think the middle shows the most. 294lbs I just dont see the 6 pounds gone. Should I? The side shot while I'm still VERY flabby I like the best. My left side though is noticeably more firm than my right in a frontal shot. It's scary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Personal Journey DOWN-22days.jpg   Personal Journey DOWN-722side.jpg  

292 pounds at the doctors office this morning. Had a testicle biopsy which was alot less painful than I thought it would be. The real pain is waiting for the results. You try and try to have a kid and you have someone wondering if something they felt was a tumor in your nuts. Beautiful freakin week this has been.

Getting down to the wire trying to peel off whatever else is willing to come off. 290 pounds this morning. Did 90 minutes on the treadmill (I know I know...Too much) Chest is the day today. Taking a food break before I head over to the temporary spot for the free weights. Will be going back for 30-60 minutes more cardio this evening. Today, tomorrow, Wednesday is the days I'm going to do this. Determined to get to 285 by Thursday.

Went as heavy as I could on the weights this evening. Weighed in this evening at 298. I know the answer is probably right in front of me but for the life of me I cant figure out 8 pounds difference between this morning and this evening. I did NOT do cardio after or right before weights. I went back and did 90 minutes of cardio this afternoon. I know it's too much but it's the last few days of this long road and I'm fighting for any last pounds that are willing to come off.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Keep it up bro!

UberSoldat is offline Junior Member
    Yea Just keep up the hard work..dont give up and You`ll get there!!
    Take care

Lucas

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    keep it up man, your making a good amount of progress!!!! keep on going bro!

Thread Information