bluyamr1 is offline New Member

Our First Cycle Diary, Test E. & DBol

I've enjoyed reading other members diaries over the past few months and decided to write my own... take from of what you want and ask whatever questions you have.
    A friend and I decided to take the plunge and do our first cycle last week. We both are 20 years old 5'11" and I weigh 188 and he is 180. We both have been lifting for around 6 years and lift exactly the same amount, bench 280, squat 300.
    We decided to take 500mg test e./wk for 10 weeks, and 30mg dbol /day for 6 weeks. I am taking 10mg nolvadex /day and he is not.
    Our goal is to be up 30lbs after 10 weeks, but to keep at least 20 of it after PCT.
    I will post some before and after pictures when we are done.
    ---
    Today was our 7th day... We both have only gained around 2 or 3lbs do far, but both agree that we look bigger and our muscles are fuller and have a solid feeling. We have only completed one rotation plus 2 days of our workout cycle, so we do not really know if we have had any strength gains. We are getting pretty good solid pumps in the gym and feel good.
    The 3 nights after my first injection I had headaches, which I usually never get, and was really cold when going to bed. My friend also had headaches and a fever for the first few days. He also had a bloody nose today. We are assuming the headaches and bloody nose is from the dbol/water retention.
    We are both trying to eat everything in sight, but trying to keep it mostly clean.
    I've been sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night, and belive sleep is one of the most important factors in getting big.
    I got over my fear of giving myself a shot(quad), it isnt nearly as bad as I thought, and I am not nervous for my next and am actually looking forward to it. I am anticipating a bad headache and fever tomorrow night from my immune system fighting the extra test.
    So far, no nut schrinkage, acne, hair loss, back pain, bloating, or anything else I can think of.
    Second shot is tomorrow and it is arm day. I am can't wait to make my arms explode!

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluyamr1
    I've enjoyed reading other members diaries over the past few months and decided to write my own... take from of what you want and ask whatever questions you have.
    A friend and I decided to take the plunge and do our first cycle last week. We both are 20 years old 5'11" and I weigh 188 and he is 180. We both have been lifting for around 6 years and lift exactly the same amount, bench 280, squat 300.
    We decided to take 500mg test e./wk for 10 weeks, and 30mg dbol /day for 6 weeks. I am taking 10mg nolvadex /day and he is not.
    Our goal is to be up 30lbs after 10 weeks, but to keep at least 20 of it after PCT.
    I will post some before and after pictures when we are done.
    ---
    Today was our 7th day... We both have only gained around 2 or 3lbs do far, but both agree that we look bigger and our muscles are fuller and have a solid feeling. We have only completed one rotation plus 2 days of our workout cycle, so we do not really know if we have had any strength gains. We are getting pretty good solid pumps in the gym and feel good.
    The 3 nights after my first injection I had headaches, which I usually never get, and was really cold when going to bed. My friend also had headaches and a fever for the first few days. He also had a bloody nose today. We are assuming the headaches and bloody nose is from the dbol/water retention.
    We are both trying to eat everything in sight, but trying to keep it mostly clean.
    I've been sleeping 9 or 10 hours a night, and belive sleep is one of the most important factors in getting big.
    I got over my fear of giving myself a shot(quad), it isnt nearly as bad as I thought, and I am not nervous for my next and am actually looking forward to it. I am anticipating a bad headache and fever tomorrow night from my immune system fighting the extra test.
    So far, no nut schrinkage, acne, hair loss, back pain, bloating, or anything else I can think of.
    Second shot is tomorrow and it is arm day. I am can't wait to make my arms explode!
    thats a mighty goal bro.....it all depends on your diet and not so much your gear. you guys are fairly skinny for having worked out for 6 years. You could have gotten to at least 200lbs naturally if your diet was on track. Im guessin that the 6 years of working out was working out half ass. I doubt you'll get 30lbs.....don't aim so high.

Yes, Our first 3, maybe 4 years of the 6, were kinda half-ass (I just didn't want it to sound like we just started working out). It was more of a high school weight lifting class/ basment gym set kind of lifting. The past 2 or 3 years have been serious. I have figured out what works best for me and learned a ton about diet.
    It is our first cycle, and We were told by our supplier/advisor that we should gain 25-30lbs, but 10-15 of it will be water, that will come off during PCT.

How long does it usually take until strength gains kick from dbol ? Also, when are you able to tell Test is kicking in?

vettewreck is offline Banned
    How long does it usually take until strength gains kick from dbol? Also, when are you able to tell Test is kicking in?
    Dbol strength gains should be noticable within the first 4-5 days. The test will kick in immediatly but nothing is noticable for about 13-16 days after your first shot.

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    I dont think you should use d-bol for 6 weeks bro cut it down to 4 weeks since its ur first cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy
    I dont think you should use d-bol for 6 weeks bro cut it down to 4 weeks since its ur first cycle.
    Is there an explanation of why not to use it for more than 4 weeks? I've heard 4 to 6 weeks is the norm.

We are 14 days in and the workout was great. Strength gains really starting to kick in. I love the pumped feeling while in the gym. Up about 7lbs while talking 10mg/day nolvadex . I know I am not eating enough. Eating more is my goal for the next week.

seanw is offline Banned
    Is there an explanation of why not to use it for more than 4 weeks? I've heard 4 to 6 weeks is the norm.

We are 14 days in and the workout was great. Strength gains really starting to kick in. I love the pumped feeling while in the gym. Up about 7lbs while talking 10mg/day nolvadex. I know I am not eating enough. Eating more is my goal for the next week.
    Because it fuks with you liver big time, and the less time you are on it the better.

19 days into a cycle of 70
    It is all starting to kick in. I am up at least 12lbs. and going up evey day.
    I have had no bad side effects. My friend had 5 straight days of bloody noses, and a few nights of bad back pains. My only concearn in stretch marks in obvious places. I had the biggest pump ever today doing arms. I thought my biceps were going to explode. It is the best pain Ive ever felt.
    I can tell that I am a lot bigger in my chest and lat area. My legs are also getting bigger. I was not sore from the third shot.
    We have decided to finish the gram of dbol instead of going 6 weeks.
    It is time to start wearing sweat-shirts 24/7 so it isnt so obvious to everyone.

38 days in and up 17lbs. Workouts are going great. Squat is up 50lbs and bench is up 25lbs. Everyone is noticing. I feel much thicker and solid.
    DBol has been gone for around a week and I know the test is working well.
    Friday was my 6th shot and Saturday I started to feel like ****. I ached everywhere. Every small pain was multiplied by 100. I was so tired and aching I sat in bed all day and night. Today, Sunday, I am feeling a little better. Usually when I am sick I don't eat at all, but I have been eating like a horse, something every 2 hours. I guess it is "test flu"?
    How should my weight gain and strength gains go from here on out? (10wk. cycle)

My first 5 shots went well... Very little soreness. My sixth, seventh, and eighth shots have left me so sore I can barely walk for a few days and take a 9 days for the pain to be gone. I can barely bend my leg. I take my injection on Friday mornings and I am fine until the evening, then my leg starts to stiffen up. I also feel like crap for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday, and am 90% better on Monday. I have spent the last 3 weekends in bed, just feeling beat. I still have a huge apetite. I think, I have figured out that it isn't test flu, but my leg is infected. There is about a six inch circle of pain on my thigh and it is a little red, but with no definite outline. It is solid and raised a little. The circle of pain is not centered around the injection spot. The injection spot is on the outer edge of the circle. The next day I cannot even find the injection spot. I am 100% sure it is not my process of injection, since the first 5 were fine. I inject immediately after I get out of the shower and clean everything with alcohol, and switch needles after drawing. The sixth injection was from a new bottle of test. My gear is home made and my supplier said mine was part of a batch of 30, and he hasn't had any other problems. My friend is not having any problems at all. As a last resort, he recommended to heat it up in the oven for 10-15min, to sterilize it, or just quit the cycle. I am leary about going to a doctor and asking for antibiotics.
    Does anyone have an idea what is going on, or experienced anything like this?
    thanks

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    you realize it is reccomended to shoot test E twice a week to stabliize your blood levels

I decided to inject my 9th shot Friday in the glute... worst decision ever. I got very infected and could barely walk for days. Something is wrong, probably bad test. I am in my third day of Levaquin(strong antibiotic) and starting to notice a reduction in swelling and pain. I will not do the 10th injection. I am happy at a 20lb increase, hopefully I will keep 12lbs in the end.

When should i start my Clomid? I am confused, since I have found 3 completely contradicting answers to this today. Should I and when use tribulus?

Should I do another cycle after the problems I had with this one?

seanw is offline Banned
    This should clear it up PCT start times start 14 days after your last Test E shot. I also use both Tribulus and Tongkat Ali all the time not just for PCT so you can start that anytime. As for the next cycle, only you can determine if the pain was worth the gain. I would buy some different gear though if you do go on. You may not get the same problems
    Last edited by seanw; 02-17-2005 at 04:10 AM.

creepS is offline Banned
    post some pics bro.
    hope ur doing okay now.

Today is one week after the last shot, I am able to walk without a limp, but still can't sit evenly. I wonder if it was bad test or a reaction to enanthate ? It will take me a while before I can decide whether I will do another cycle or not.
    Before I started, I did so much research about being on, but did not do much about coming off...beginners excitement. I knew I was going to take clomid, tribulus, and maybe a little nolvadex , but he no idea how important cortisone levels and dieting are.

I'll get some B&A pics up this weekend...

Pics

Here are some before and after pictures... (hope they work)
    9 weeks. 188lbs to 208lbs with a little fat gain. Bench 280 to 320. Squat 275 to 340.
    Let me know what you think...

[IMG]FrontFlexed.JPEG[/IMG]
    [IMG]FrontDoubBiNF.JPEG[/IMG]
    [IMG]BackFlexed,JPEG.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]full.JPEG[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our First Cycle Diary, Test E. & DBol-frontflexed.jpeg   Our First Cycle Diary, Test E. & DBol-frontdoubbinf.jpeg   Our First Cycle Diary, Test E. & DBol-backflexed-jpeg.jpg   Our First Cycle Diary, Test E. & DBol-full.jpeg  

The next two months will be devoted to dieting slowly, with the goal of keeping all the mass I've gained.
    Now, I am no longer sure of a target weight since I've never been this big before. My guess is that I will drop 5-7 lbs of water in the next month. Any help is appreciated of determining a target weight. I do not want to get shredded, but just down to a flat stomach or near six-pack but the rest of my muscles still look full.

alfa23 is offline New Member
    imo opinion if you have been training 6 years then you have been doing something wrong, you dont even have the shapes of a well formed lifter which you should have by now, i can see you bf% is pretty high but even still, i think food, and a good book on training correctly would of seen some good results. from your pictures they look the same apart from you look a little fatter and have slightly puffy nipples, you probably are not going to like what i said, but it's just my honest opinion

You have to keep in mind that I took Test E & Dbol . The goal was not to lose body fat, it was to gain mass by eating everything in sight. I am 20, so the majority of my past lifting was high school weight room screwing around. I should more correctly say I have been lifting for 2.5 years. The pictures don't do justice becuase I put on mass all over including some fat and I am still holding a ton of water. Now I just look like an enlarged version of what I used to. Give me 2 months, and I don't think you will still think I don't have the "shapes of a well formed lifter."

well test and d-bol are notorius for fat storage if your diets is not on key, so it could be that. would be good to see the results a few months later

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    This is terrible, and an example of why 20 is just too young. Who told you to do a shot every 6 days? I honestly have a hard time telling which is the before and the after. I can see it if you started at like 210, where the diff would be less noticeable, but 180? And what percentage is fat? Please give yourselves a few more years of learning how to do it naturally. At 20 you should be making killer gains without drugs if you're doing it right. I started lifting at 175 and didn't use gear til I was 224, 15% bodyfat, years later.

Neo22 is offline Junior Member
    YOu seriously only looked like you tanned and got puffier nipples. Your legs are way out of proportion with the rest of your body and you look like you could squat nowhere near the weights you say you do. I think you seriously needed to work on your diet and training regimen before even getting into AAS. I'm 23 and am about to start a cycle myself and I have had diet and training in check for years. IMO you shouldn't have eaten everything in sight, as Ferrel says in Anchorman "Milk was a bad choice."

I injected every 7 days. I talked to countless users and that is what they all recommended for enanthate . I've never heard different for Test. E.
    Again, the pictures dont do justice. I am up 20lbs and none of my clothes fit. Everyone in person notices.
    A cold room and warm room was the difference in the nipples.
    I shouldn't have said I ate everything in sight, about one meal a day I would eat anything and a lot of it, but the other 4 or 5 meals were pretty healthy, but big.
    My legs are my weak point, and the numbers I stated are conservative, and I am religous about correct form, especially squatting. I worked them hard when I was on, and will continue to, now that I have more confidence squatting. Does anyone have any advise your best way to work legs, how often and how hard?
    Keep the honest opinions coming.
    Last edited by bluyamr1; 02-20-2005 at 09:28 PM.

Neo22 is offline Junior Member
    I injected every 7 days. I talked to countless users and that is what they all recommended for enanthate . I've never heard different for Test. E.
    Again, the pictures dont do justice. I am up 20lbs and none of my clothes fit. Everyone in person notices.
    A cold room and warm room was the difference in the nipples.
    I shouldn't have said I ate everything in sight, about one meal a day I would eat anything and a lot of it, but the other 4 or 5 meals were pretty healthy, but big.
    My legs are my weak point, and the numbers I stated are conservative, and I am religous about correct form, especially squatting. I worked them hard when I was on, and will continue to, now that I have more confidence squatting. Does anyone have any advise your best way to work legs, how often and how hard?
    Keep the honest opinions coming.
    If you are doing squats and this is what has worked for me to gain size. I do squats heavy 8-12 reps for 3 sets then 1 heavy set of 6 to failure. THen the same with leg press, sldl and calves. You just have to find what works for you. WOrk on you side medial and rear delts along with your upper chest. You will get there, I'm curious as to what sides you had on the test E though.

i think you should drop about 40lbs of fat to see what you really look like, but your arms and legs dont look up to spec with your chest, so you may be out of proportion a bit, but i really think you need to lower you BF and concentrate on your lagging areas such as delts, bis tris, etc what happened to your friend that was cycling? what were his results?

Thanks for being a good sport about taking criticism.

Who told you every 7 days for test? The rule of thumb is at least 1/2 the half-life, and the halflife of test E is 7 days. The standard at this and every other AS site I know is at least twice a week. I prefer every other day myself since I don't like pushing in more than an ml at a time and it keeps levels steady.

I was told that with enanthate you didn't have to worry about your blood levels fluctuating, like you do with other forms of test. I was told this by a guy who has been consuling bodybuilders for around 10 years. I also told and asked questions of at least 6 other users who never said anything about injecting more than once a week.
    I know I am out of proportion, especially my legs. My chest has always grown very easily. I expect my legs to start to catch up now that I am more confident with them. My goal is not to go Pro, so I am not worried about proportion and symmetry. I am also not so worried about the "beach body" (abs and bis). What has work for you guys on developing calves?
    I know I need to drop weight, but 40lbs sounds like a ton. I am very concerned about losing muscle while I am trying to drop that much weight. My goal is 20lbs over the next few months. My plan is to keep my protein around 350-400g/day and keep sugar/carbs to only an essential amount, and do 45min of fast walking first thing every morning. How does that sound for a basic start?
    As for sides... especially during the dbol weeks I could tell my blood pressure was way up, and still high even now. I had about 2 weeks of frequent bloody noses. The pumps in the gym were great. A little painful, but I loved it. So pumped that I couldnt reach my seat belt when I got in the car. I was pretty hot on and off during the day to the point where I would sweat, especailly while working out, and frequently I would sweat at night. towards the 6th week my skin started to get oily and begin to break out, especailly my back. I went tanning twice while on, and that seemed to take care of it for a while. I didn't really believe in "roid rage " but in the last few weeks and even now, I notice the littlest things get to me, especially while driving. I was hungry all the time and ate a lot. I'll try to remember more...
    My buddy who started with me has had about the same results I have. We go to different schools, so after Christmas break we couldnt work out together anymore. When I talked to him a few days ago, he had just hit 20lbs also. I know he benched 305 and was squatting 320. We both have been so busy that I havent had the chance to go into specifics with him.

for calfs i use the leg press, lockout your legs with the bottom of the press plate in the centre of your hell, then tip toe the plate by press the front of you foot fowars, or you can do similar seup to a free squat but place 2 20kg plates on the floor and tip toe on them, your cardio looks all set to go just add some incline to burn the extra cals, thats what im doing at the moment to cut for may so far i have lost 9lbs in 2 weeks which isnt bad, probably a lot of water too though, if your hungry snack on things which dont hurt your goals, keep some protein bars in your car

Califella2 is offline New Member
    I agree too, just tanner and puffier nipples. You should have gained more muscle mass bro.

Well, if your friends notice a diff then they would know better than people looking at your pix.
    But 20 is just too young!! Please give yourself some time to learn to grow and get in shape naturally before pushing it beyond that. It's like getting breast implants at 15 or something, only it doesn't last as long.

gya321 is offline Member
    Well your lats look a bit bigger, but probably should have waited for the cycle another year. Keep training and hit the legs harder

yooo is offline Associate Member
    You need to:

1. Hit ur legs a lot harder
    2. Hit researchin harder
    3. Hit the space bar in your posts

nonetheless, keep up ur hard work, u seem dedicated, just make sure everything is staight before u begin a cycle!

good luck bro

Thread Information