My Anavar Only Experiment

Jakes Barnes stats are:

2 previous bulking cycles
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 178

To recap, Jake Barnes is running an anavar only cycle like this:

Week 1 70mg/day
    Week 2-6 50mg/day

The first thing Jake should note is that the test results on his anavar came back showing the 10mg caps overdosed at 12.3mg. So what he's actually running is:

Week 1 86mg/day
    Week 2-6 61mg/day

Jake Barnes believes that this is a good thing. Today is Day 13. So far, the sides are a definite overall pump, especially lower back, but not intolerable like dbol . Jake Barnes is not prone to acne, so he found it surprising that he developed some light spot acne on his back. Seems to sort of come and go, no problem. Libido is definitely up, but this is probably more an effect of the Tribex than the anavar.

In the gym - definite increase in the number of reps Jake can put up. Increase in one rep max is not happening yet, confirmed by an unsatisfying deadlift workout last night. Expecting strength to come on soon. Post workout Jake was pretty jacked from the pump though, and gave serious thought to forgetting about the powerlifting thing and training to be a fitness model instead.

That's it for now. Jake Barnes is basically treating the anavar as a bulker, not seeing the drug as being a bulker itself, but rather the increased strength gains leading to increased appetite and greater bodyweight. Very light cardio while on, approximately 20 min. twice a week. In the gym 3 days a week, extra workouts at home for grip and light dumbbell pumper stuff.

Jake Barnes will post a current pic tomorrow.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Glad to hear you are liking it so far. After several weeks you will really start to see the results. Is speaking in the third person a side effect of var? I never noticed if I got that one before lol.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Barnes
    This thread started on the questions board here:

My Anavar Only Experiment

Jakes Barnes stats are:

2 previous bulking cycles
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 178

To recap, Jake Barnes is running an anavar only cycle like this:

Week 1 70mg/day
    Week 2-6 50mg/day

The first thing Jake should note is that the test results on his anavar came back showing the 10mg caps overdosed at 12.3mg. So what he's actually running is:

Week 1 86mg/day
    Week 2-6 61mg/day

Jake Barnes believes that this is a good thing. Today is Day 13. So far, the sides are a definite overall pump, especially lower back, but not intolerable like dbol . Jake Barnes is not prone to acne, so he found it surprising that he developed some light spot acne on his back. Seems to sort of come and go, no problem. Libido is definitely up, but this is probably more an effect of the Tribex than the anavar.

In the gym - definite increase in the number of reps Jake can put up. Increase in one rep max is not happening yet, confirmed by an unsatisfying deadlift workout last night. Expecting strength to come on soon. Post workout Jake was pretty jacked from the pump though, and gave serious thought to forgetting about the powerlifting thing and training to be a fitness model instead.

That's it for now. Jake Barnes is basically treating the anavar as a bulker, not seeing the drug as being a bulker itself, but rather the increased strength gains leading to increased appetite and greater bodyweight. Very light cardio while on, approximately 20 min. twice a week. In the gym 3 days a week, extra workouts at home for grip and light dumbbell pumper stuff.

Jake Barnes will post a current pic tomorrow.
    Jake, you arnt related to "The Rock" are you ?

ace ventura is offline Member
    What's up with your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by ace ventura
    What's up with your wife?
    LMAO. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Anyways good luck with the cycle, and keep us updated. Anavar is my favorite.

Jake Barnes is offline Junior Member

Day 15

Jake Barnes was pleasantly surprised when he went to the gym today, and weighed in at 183, a 5lb gain in one week. Jake has been increasing calories since about a month before starting the var, mainly through a daily gainer drink of around 600 calories. 5lbs in one week can only be attributed to the var though. This was unexpected and welcome.

Strength is definitely up here at Day 15, as are pumps. Jake Barnes has a feeling that this anavar only cycle is going to be better than the previous two full cycles he ran:

Cycle 1: 8 Weeks
    Dbol 30mg/ED for 4 weeks
    Sus 500ml/week
    Deca 200ml/week

Cycle 2: 12 Weeks
    Dbol 30mg/ED for first 4 weeks
    Test Cyp 500ml/week
    EQ 200ml/week
    Anavar 25mg/ED for last 4 weeks

Bulking was the goal in both those cycles, but bw maxed out at 187 both times. Already at 183 only 2 weeks in, Jake Barnes thinks he can easily get up to 190 this time. High dose anavar could be the holy grail for Jake Barnes.

A psychological bonus of an oral only cycle is that Jake feels much more relaxed about training and eating in general. On test, there's a feeling of urgency "I've got to get to the gym or I'm wasting the roids." On anavar only, it's kind of like just some more creatine or something, and this relaxed approach is actually working in his favor. Jake also doesn't mind fine wines or bourbon now and then, and when he feels like it, is having them in moderation and not feeling guilty about it on anavar only.

Can't get the picture uploaded because it's 7 times bigger than the max allowable size for some reason.

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    LMFAO...Whats up with the first person language.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    LOL - I love reading Jake Barnes posts. Pretty d@mn entertaining!

soontoberipped is offline Associate Member
    Soontoberipped is following this thread closely. Good luck Jake.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soontoberipped
    Soontoberipped is following this thread closely. Good luck Jake.
    LOL...TommyTrainR wishes Jake the best of luck and would like him to keep everyone updated.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Today.. Spywizard became so enraged, he sent mail bombs (if you know what that is, it's a piece of software.. don't freak out) to all these idiots..

During his arrest this thread was shown to authorities, and all charges were dropped..

Spywizard is most amused..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Can't get the picture uploaded because it's 7 times bigger than the max allowable size for some reason.

hahahaha

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Maraxus concurs. Indeed Maraxus concurs.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Which of you mere mortals tries to duplicate TheChosenOne by speaking in third person? Do ye not yet know that only TheKing is worthy of such a grammatical display of superiority? Havent you peasants seen what TheAlmighty did do that poor old soul Juggernaut? Certainly you will suffer to the same degree for your blasphemy.

Thegr8One is offline Senior Member
    not me .....me neither....who sayd that....????

ace ventura is offline Member
    Any updates, mr Barnes?

Jake Barnes is pleased with the bros who are jumping on the barneswagon. Today marks 3 weeks into the anavar only cycle. Jake Barnes did not work out for 4 days because he was in Beijing, working during the day, being entertained by nubile Beijing beauties with a bad case of the Barnes during the nights. Yes, Jake did drink his share of beer in Beijing. On var, it's all good.

Jake Barnes went to the gym today. Was due to squat but had to bench at this particular gym because all they don't have a power rack. Felt very strong on bench day, doing some dynamic work, then hit some heavier singles, and then some 2-boards. All weights were at about 5% off the best that Jake Barnes has lifted, and reps were coming like no tomorrow. Think creatine x 1000. Very pumped.

Bodyweight is holding steady at a 6lb gain 3 weeks into the cycle. Jake Barnes is going to test some 1 rep maxes next weekend to see where he is 4 weeks into the cycle. So var, so good.

Day 28

Today marks Jake Barnes' 28th day on var only. Bodyweight is up to 187 lbs, a total gain of 9lbs in 4 weeks. This is the most Jake has ever weighed, even when running previous bulking cycles with injectables. Anavar and get big drinks are putting the pounds on Jake Barnes, the goal being to end this cycle at 195lbs. Jake is amazed at the ease with which he is gaining weight considering that var is generally considered more of a hardening anabolic .

Strength gains in the gym are pronounced, although lower body is gaining faster than upper. This probably has more to do with the way that Jake is training than anything. This weekend Jake Barnes is going to take a max squat with belt/wraps to see where he is. Libido is fine, only noticable sides are the occasional feeling of swollen hands. From this week Jake has added creatine to his post workout drink to see if that will push the bodyweight up a bit more.

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    Jake is amazed at the ease with which he is gaining weight considering that var is generally considered more of a hardening anabolic.
    I think this just proves the point that these drugs can affect everyone differently.

seanw is offline Banned
    Jake Barnes is pleased with the bros who are jumping on the barneswagon. Today marks 3 weeks into the anavar only cycle. Jake Barnes did not work out for 4 days because he was in Beijing, working during the day, being entertained by nubile Beijing beauties with a bad case of the Barnes during the nights. Yes, Jake did drink his share of beer in Beijing. On var, it's all good.

Jake Barnes went to the gym today. Was due to squat but had to bench at this particular gym because all they don't have a power rack. Felt very strong on bench day, doing some dynamic work, then hit some heavier singles, and then some 2-boards. All weights were at about 5% off the best that Jake Barnes has lifted, and reps were coming like no tomorrow. Think creatine x 1000. Very pumped.

Bodyweight is holding steady at a 6lb gain 3 weeks into the cycle. Jake Barnes is going to test some 1 rep maxes next weekend to see where he is 4 weeks into the cycle. So var, so good.
    Jake Barnes should have let me know he was in Beijing, I was there as well. We could have had a beer together ! Where did you get your Anavar from ? Thailand ? If so what brand did you get ?

Ktv

Jake Barnes is in Beijing again on 3/08 bro, are you going be around? We'll hit up a KTV, good for improving chinese language skills.

The anavar Jake is running is 10mg generic oxandrolone caps out of China. Tested by yours truly through SRCS at 12.2mg/cap.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for sharin, excellent post

Bump for updates from Jake.

31 days into his anavar only cycle, this was a big day in the gym for Jake Barnes...

This post starts with the fact that Jake Barnes is not a bodybuilder. Jake lifts for the love of the heavy weight. At 6', 175 lbs on a good day, the weight that Jake can put up is not that heavy. Jake has three specific goals for 2005 for the squat, bench, and deadlift. Jake Barnes' 2005 squat goal is 350 lbs.

Yep, Jake Barnes thinks the anavar is working pretty good.

seanw is offline Banned
    Jake Barnes should be a writer, this is a great thread. No Jake I am no longer in Beijing, I only get there once or twice a year as its not part of my region, I am back in Singapore now where I live. Where else do you get to ?

Congrats on your personal bests! I'm sure you will be reaching them in your other lifts as well. Good work bro. :spudnik4:

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Chico is very happy that Jake Barnes is now a member of the Anavar fan club.

Closing This Up

/>
    This was an excellent experiment. In the future Barnes will definitely run var for the duration of any cycle he does, at a min. daily dosage of 60mg. There was no need for the frontload. There were no sides during this 5 week cycle. Libido was significantly up actually, possibly from the Tribex. Body was pumped, but didn't feel bloated like with dbol . All around Jake Barnes is now a huge fan of anavar .

Sean, in Beijing pretty frequently, probably in Hong Kong in early April, and maybe again in June. Will definitely be in Thailand (probably Phuket) around October. Might even get to Singapore. Let Barnes know if anything overlaps with you and we'll hit up a KTV.

Thanks for reading bros.

colossus1 is offline Member
    later bro..........take care. I hope you succeed in all of your third person goals.

Governor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcut77
    LMFAO...Whats up with the first person language.

third person.

Thread Information