IronAdam is offline Member

My cutting diary...shredded or bust!

Well it's time to get serious about cutting. I'm starting this thread so that I have a journal to refer to the next time I cut and to stay motivated about this.

I'm begging at 6'1" 195lbs and roughly 12% body fat. (Pics to come) I'll update 'em every two weeks or so to track progress. Weight will be updated every week. I'm planning on this taking about 6 weeks to accomplish, but if it takes a little longer its ok.

Pics/diet/supps will be put up later today. Anyone who feels like chiming in along the way is more than welcome to, I'm looking for any motivation I can get.

*EDIT 4 DIET*

Here's the diet

Cals/ Fats/ Carbs/ Protein/ Item
    -------------------------------------------------------------

M1
    220 3 6 46 Shake w/ 5g Glutamine
    150 3 27 5 Oats(1/2c)

M2
    200 0 0 50 Chicken Brst./Veggies

M3
    300 15 0 50 Chicken Brst.Almonds

*Train*

PWO
    325 1.5 50 23 Whey/Sucrose (waiting on my dextrose)

PPWO
    390 2.5 35 50 Chicken Brst./B Rice(1/2c)

M4
    280 17 10 22 Cottage Cheese w/ 2tbsp.eanut Butter

Before Bed
    ------------------------------------------------------------ttl
    2085 45 134 292

Cardio:

45-60min.
    5X/Week (Skip on leg day & sunday)

In addition I will be taking an E/C/A stack 2 to 3 times a day depending on how I feel. Sometimes 3x/day keeps me up at night and affects morning cardio. So we'll see how it goes.

Training:

5X/week
    M - Back
    Tu - Chest
    W - Arms
    Th - Legs
    Fri - Shoulders

For the most part each day will consist of 3 different exercises for each body part. One heavy, two isolation. The heavy lifts will be switched out if progress stagnates. For example if I can't improve my reps or weight on flt. bench(heavy) next week my heavy lift will be Inc. bench.

Thats about it for now. I'll upload the pics tonight or tomorrow depending on how much free time I have.
    Last edited by IronAdam; 03-21-2005 at 05:24 PM.

I love milk, but cut all dairy out (save a tiny bit for my oats in the AM) and I have noticed a difference. Before, I would drink a half gallon a day. I thought it would be a lot tougher, but just replace it with crystal light and water. No problem. Good luck bro.

I know what you mean about the dairy, it can be the silent killer. Believe me, I won't be drinking milk for a while. And crystal light is d shiznit as far as I'm concerned. I Drink about a gallon of it a day.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Good luck. Is ECA the only supp. you're on?

The supplements I'm taking right now are E/C/A, glutamine, and protein. I was taking creatine the last month or so which I stopped today.

Cardio today was a little over 50 minutes. By the end of my back workout I was pretty exhausted but it feels good to be cutting. I'm gunna try to find a place to upload my pics to now.

Pics 3/22/05

the pics 3/22/05

Man, they lose alot of quality through the upload...Anyway heres the before pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My cutting diary...shredded or bust!-absmledit.jpg   My cutting diary...shredded or bust!-schest-small-.jpg   My cutting diary...shredded or bust!-lat-small-.jpg   My cutting diary...shredded or bust!-backbi.jpg   My cutting diary...shredded or bust!-mmuscl-small-.jpg  

Last edited by IronAdam; 03-23-2005 at 12:51 AM.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    looking good already, don t see a reason to cut down..?!

ChemDietMIC is offline Junior Member
    I am also doing a very similar cutting routine. No AAS just a good ECY stack and dandelion root to loose water. Diets are about the same also. Thing is i am 5'10" about 18% bodyfat haha

XXX, Thats what everyone says to me bro...but to be honest I just feel the urge to get really cut, like veins in my abs cut. I guess its to test myself??? As an added bonus, I should be finishing up right around the time it gets nice and hot here.

Chem, thats cool your cutting at the same time...whats the dandelion root all about?? Never heard of that before.

Update

Day 4: Down 7lbs

Well I just weighed myself for the hell of it and I'm already down to 188 I'm assuming its mostly water weight from cutting back my carbs and stopping the creatine.

THE BAD I'm somewhat concerned that I might not be getting enough calories and I might be sacrificing muscle mass. I'm doing cardio in the am, doing manual labor during the day, and lifting at night. I think I'm gunna stay on course unless my strength drops noticeably.

THE GOOD: On a good note I've been eating cold turkey during they day and its a great high protein meal on the run or at work. Just keep it in a ziplock bag next to a bag of ice and it stays cold most of the day. Some almonds in another ziplock and I'm good to go.

E/C/A: Been taking it 2X daily. Seems to be enough for me...any more and I start to feel it in my chest.

Overall I feel good and am making progress already. I'm really looking forward to taking new pics...only a week and a half left till new pics go up. Other than that I'll update whenever theres something worth mentioning.

Peace
    Last edited by IronAdam; 03-24-2005 at 02:21 PM.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Awesome work. Sounds like you might be losing a little bit of muscle, but I'm sure if you keep your protein high enough and workouts intense, you'll be fine. I hate losing (well, i dont hate it), but I hate the fact that a few days into a good cutting diet, you'll lose like 5-10 lbs. then it slows down to like 1 lb. a week. **** water! lol ..Keep us updated!

rontg is offline Associate Member
    just curious why you choose brown rice instead of dextrose or some simple sugars after lifting?

I do have 80g Dex/40g Whey post work out. It's listed in my diet above. The brown rice and lean meat is post post workout.

Arsejuice is offline New Member
    You are looking good bro. I am anticipating your next set of pictures. Good luck and keep up the good work. I am curious to know if you lose any of your strength because I am going to cut after I finish my cycle that I am on. I am 6 feet even about 175 pounds. I think I am somewhere around 8% BF. The little machine that I use at the gym tells me I am like 7.7%. I dont know if I believe it though. I can see my abs so I know I am at least below 10%. Anyway, like you I want to be able to show off veins and stuff. Good luck!

Neo22 is offline Junior Member
    dandelion root is a diruetic and will help you lose water.

rontg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    I do have 80g Dex/40g Whey post work out. It's listed in my diet above. The brown rice and lean meat is post post workout.
    ah, i see it now, i'm so stupid sometimes

ddoublevision is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronAdam
    Well it's time to get serious about cutting. I'm starting this thread so that I have a journal to refer to the next time I cut and to stay motivated about this.

I'm begging at 6'1" 195lbs and roughly 12% body fat. (Pics to come) I'll update 'em every two weeks or so to track progress. Weight will be updated every week. I'm planning on this taking about 6 weeks to accomplish, but if it takes a little longer its ok.

Pics/diet/supps will be put up later today. Anyone who feels like chiming in along the way is more than welcome to, I'm looking for any motivation I can get.

*EDIT 4 DIET*

Here's the diet

Cals/ Fats/ Carbs/ Protein/ Item
    -------------------------------------------------------------

M1
    150 3 27 5 Oats(1/2c)

M2
    200 0 0 50 Chicken Brst./Veggies

M3
    300 15 0 50 Chicken Brst.Almonds

*Train*

PWO
    325 1.5 50 23 Whey/Sucrose (waiting on my dextrose)

PPWO
    390 2.5 35 50 Chicken Brst./B Rice(1/2c)

M4
    280 17 10 22 Cottage Cheese w/ 2tbsp.eanut Butter

Before Bed
    ------------------------------------------------------------ttl
    2085 45 134 292

Cardio:

45-60min.
    5X/Week (Skip on leg day & sunday)

In addition I will be taking an E/C/A stack 2 to 3 times a day depending on how I feel. Sometimes 3x/day keeps me up at night and affects morning cardio. So we'll see how it goes.

Training:

5X/week
    M - Back
    Tu - Chest
    W - Arms
    Th - Legs
    Fri - Shoulders

For the most part each day will consist of 3 different exercises for each body part. One heavy, two isolation. The heavy lifts will be switched out if progress stagnates. For example if I can't improve my reps or weight on flt. bench(heavy) next week my heavy lift will be Inc. bench.

Thats about it for now. I'll upload the pics tonight or tomorrow depending on how much free time I have.

My contest diet is almost identical except I have fish for meal two, 3/4 cup white rice ppwo, and an ohmlet(sp ) with hamsteak and grits for meal one.

You must've been lurking in the diet forum for awhile

GOOD LUCK

juice: Your only at 8% now...your road will be shorter than mine thats for sure. I'm already noticing changes in tightness around my abs/obliques so next weeks pics should show some decent improvement.

Doublevision: Yeah I spend most of my time just reading in the diet forum, I guess it shows in my diet schedual. Whats your build? And just curious...how much weight do you usually drop in the first week on that diet? I weighed in at 186 this morning..thats 9lbs in 5 days so far. Starting to feel a little run down so I might up my oatmeal to like a cup in the a.m. atleast on training days anyway.

This weekend I'm going to an anniversary party and its at my favorite italian restaurant. I'm already trying to figure out what I'm gunna carb-load on? Pizza...Pasta...Bread...Ravioli...MMmmmm Whatever I choose its gunna be a good cheat day

smithtc is offline New Member

Looking good

Sounds like your doing good. I am also in the process of cutting. 5'8 195 11%, trying get down around 6-7%. Keep posting, interested in your improvements.

Could you also estimate how many calories your taking in a day, and also whats wrong with milk?

Quote Originally Posted by smithtc
    Sounds like your doing good. I am also in the process of cutting. 5'8 195 11%, trying get down around 6-7%. Keep posting, interested in your improvements.

Could you also estimate how many calories your taking in a day, and also whats wrong with milk?
    The calorie breakdown and total is posted near the top. I avoid milk while cutting because of the sugar in it. 12g sugar/cup. The only carbs I eat are oats in the morning on lifting days, post workout dextrose, and post-post workout brown rice.

Speaking of carbs...I went a little over board at dinner pasta, bread, sausage, chicken and regular, pepsi. I weighed myself on Sunday and I was at 190 (up 4 from Friday)...weighed today mid-day and I'm back at 186. So tomorrow morning I should be <186. Everything is going well!

UPDATE

Stuck to the diety strictly all last week...training is still wearing me out and I'm at 184. Cheated last night (first in a week) on some pizza and sugar free cookies so not too bad. Did an hour this morning so hopefully I put a dent in the pizza from last night.

PICS will be up middle of this week...as soon as I shed a little water from yesterday. Overall I am happy with how my abs are coming along. Its only been two weeks so far with 4 left I think I should be right in line with meeting my goals in 6 weeks.

I've been thinking about doing a pre-contest type diet for week 7 and sodium loading/cutting carb depleating/loading to see what I'm hiding with water at the end.

I will update with pics asap this week.

Thread Information