Hokies is offline New Member

first m1t/4ad cycle diary

Whats up,
    Dont really feel new here, been reading all the great info for almost a yr. Started 9 days ago on the m1t cycle (nsa outlined, search m1t faq). I would of done some very dumb things to my body if not for this site. I thank all of you as i havent even needed to post questions. The answers are always a quick search away. I will try to add any info that might add to the wealth of knowledge on this site from my own experience.

That said, I have gained around 4-5 pounds in 9 days. I am...
    30 yrs old
    6ft
    220lb

In the first week my flat bench went up from 225 x 11 to 225 x 15. One positive of doing this cycle for me was quiting drinking. Which i did 3 weeks prior to starting. 4 weeks later i realize how pointless it was to lift hard in the gym and then drink your results away. I will post before and after pics at some point. Basically i feel many of the side effects that are common with this cycle but all are light to mild. The biggest at this point is a cold just started. Hence, Vit C just entered the building. My appetite has curbed downward somewhat. I eat very clean just too much so it basically helped null the cravings. My patience towards everyday stupid things has dropped, but very managable.

I also started letro/finast 2 weeks prior to cycle and running throughout. It totally took my sex drive away. Caution on that. I was dying to actually start the cycle to get drive back and it did mostly. Must be the 4ad spray. So far the major thing i notice different from before is tighter muscles during workouts. More later, Time to grow.
    Last edited by Hokies; 05-30-2005 at 06:44 AM.

well today marks 2 weeks since i started. I didnt really know what to expect at first but basically u get used to being on cycle. The cold has gotten a little better. I am adding cardio in the mornings, started today. It would be nice to actually see some of the muscle being put on. Hopefully I will get in at least 3 mornings this week. Funny thing, the muscle pump does inhibit your ability to do cardio. I felt like a walrus. But i burned about 550 cals, so better than nothing.

Another odd thing to note is since starting the cycle, I havent had to go #2 much. Kinda like the food is being used up. The difference is very obvious to me and i eat tons of fiber. I got some dextrose and will start to do the 2 to 1 whey protein thing now pwo. Before i would just come home and make a decent meal. Hope it helps.

I have gained 2 more pounds up to 222. I started at about 216. I mainly want to continue to gain strength while slowly trimmin off the fat. I am only doing 10mg a day while running milk thistle, so there are times i want to bump up the dose to 15mg. The pills i have are capsules at 10mg each. So to have consistent concentration levels taking doses 12 hours apart i actually have to split the stupid capsule up on a mirror. Let me tell u, the powder in those capsules is nasty nasty. It wasnt as bad in tea. One time i didnt mix it well with the powder still on top and while drinking it i inhaled the powder. Some interesting thoughts went through my mind. Dude u just inhaled m1t. To bump up to 15mg a day would mean a whole lot more dividing than i care to do. I could bump up to 20mg a day making it easy to take one pill 12 hours apart but i just dont want to do that much. I am gaining at this level with minimal side effects. The boys havent really shrunk down much which is cool. I cant wait for that.

2 more weeks to go. legs today, chest tomorrow.

I managed to pull my abs doing squats last week so i have been trying to work around it and let it heal. The first night it happened i could barely find a position to sleep in. The thought of a hernia is def scary stuff. Abs are used in almost every movement so it was a downer but with about one cycle week left, it is feeling alot better.

Oh well for doing cardio as i wanted last week. I probably could of rode the bike even with the sore abs but why push it. I can cut anytime right? With almost 3 weeks past and one to go i can really feel the difference in muscle hardness and thickness. I have enjoyed this cycle thus far and really think 4 weeks goes by too fast. I would be totally bummed when pct comes if i wasnt looking forward to starting creatine, which i havent taken in like 6 yrs.

The creatine is made by ids and is named creatine titrate. Suppost to disolve easier because of the ph or something, meaning u dont need to consume as much. We'll see how that goes. I ran out of hawthorn berry for one night and did get a slight headache so it does seems to relieve that side effect.

My weight has varied and i will post soon but it is up from before. I am trying to mold my diet towards my goals and been researching heavily. I cook with olive oil daily and use seafood quite a bit. Getting my omega 3 and 6's in check seem more important than i realized before so i did buy some flax seed oil finally. I am slowly but surely getting there on the diet front. I have always ate good food, its just u guys really got it down to a science.

I have upped the 4 ad to 6 sprays twice a day instead of 5. As much as i want to up the dose of m1t, i just cant bring myself to do it. Maybe next cycle. I still have a lower patience for things and just remind myself not to get worked up no matter what, only in the gym. I am in a good mood mostly, its too fun knowing your gunz are growing by the minute.
    Last edited by Hokies; 05-30-2005 at 06:42 AM.

Goodness, well... i think most likely the ab strain i did doing squats happened to be a tear in my abdominal wall and caused an EPIGASTRIC HERNIA. Upon further inspection of the strained region just above my belly button is a small lump or knot. After tons of research i believe it is fat being pushed through a weak spot between the muscles of the six pack about an inch above the navel. It is a little smaller than a fingertip. I see that other bros on the site have had similar injuries and also how long recovery time after surgery is. I will get it looked at here soon but i wouldnt bet on it being anything else. I hope to finish out the cycle till mon and then do pct while doing lifts that use minimal abs. Good luck right. Thinking about surgery and not lifting during recovery is a let down to say the least after all the effort put forth to this point. Things happen and life isnt perfect. Its all how u bounce back. That said there still is that 1 percent chance i am wrong so we'll see.

Finally back, well still havent gotten checked out for the hernia (still gripping onto hope that it was just a bad strain) but continued not to push too hard and finish out the cycle. Today starts day 2 of pct. Weight is at 228.8 which is 12.8 pounds more than precycle. Bench press went up from 1-2 reps of 315 to 4-5 reps. Not exactly outlandish gains but still positive. Body fat has remained about the same throughout. Maybe a tad higher.

Next cycle i will definetly up the dosage to 20mg a day of m1t. Which will throw off the 4ad supply to stack with it. Running milk thistle during cylce and being 200lb + makes me think 10mg was a light dose. The boyz never shrunk. All in all it was an experience goin through this cycle. Injuries do happen and u never can plan for that. Bottom line, if i want to get back to doing squats and deadlifts i need to get checked out. With the summer calling it would be nice to cut up and hit the beach. Got some good sun yesterday grillin out.

Scorpion25 is offline Junior Member

Hey bro

Thanks for posting your cycle, i'm a newbie so it helps to see other people cycle.
    Also did you strain go away, did you get checked out?
    Well either way congrats on your cycle.

Thanks Scorpion, I hope to put up before/after pics as soon as i get a bit more tan. I actually just shaved my body hair and it makes u want to cut up even more. My weight was 222 today and my bench is still at 5 good reps of 315. I have started taking apple cider vingar twice a day to see if i can shed some water off. For me at least it seems to make my skin thinner. I like it so far.

As for the abdominal strain, i havent gotten it checked out but almost overnight the lump seemed to go away about a week ago. So i will start to do light ab work to see how it is affected. If all is well at that point i will progress to doing light squats and deadlifts again. That would be great. Pct is almost over and i'd have to say it has worked. Sexual drive is way up. Strenght has remained and i have even increased the weight in some exercises like back pull downs. Did 3 x 10 of 280 yesterday. Its hard to gain muscle while cutting but thats the goal. Once pct is done, i will chill for a while just taking creatine because honestly it will be nice to not have to take this or that and at this time. For instance, spraying the 4ad twice a day got old.

Just a little update, been awhile. Its crazy how much my weight fluctuates every morning. I go back and forth 6 lbs from one day to the next. Today i was down back to pre m1t cycle weight of 216. The difference being that i have kept my strength from the cycle and shed off fat. I wonder how much the creatine i started during pct had to do with holding onto the gains and if i would of lost them without it. But needless to say i am pretty happy at this point. I bought some glutamine, glucophase xr, hmb, and my second batch of creatine is ids creatine xtreme with no2 product included. Along with "On" protein powder and the free dextrose that arrived today, i'd say i have alot on my plate supplement wise. The pics will be up by next week period.

Progression pics

Thread Information