Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Cmore is offline Associate Member

Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle - Pics of Me

This is my first cycle ever. I basically wanted to try a less harsh, weaker cycle in order to get used to the world of aas, and have the least side effects. This is my planned cycle:

Week 1-4: 30 mg tbol/day
    Week 5-10: 40 mg var/day
    Week 11: 100 mg clomid/day
    Week 12: 50 mg clomid/day

Weeks 1-12: 2000 mg flax/day
    Weeks 1-12: 350 mg milk thistle/day

With this cycle there should not be need for heavy PCT, but better safe than sorry...so I will be doing some anyway. I also have Proviron on hand in case I feel the need.

My starting stats:
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 136 pounds
    Years lifting: 10 (only 2-3 of which are serious)

After researching here for a while, I improved my diet drastically, though I still only gained 2-3 pounds before I began this cycle. I consume around 3500-4000 calories per day, not as clean as I would like, but much better than before. Also take in 2-3 shakes per day, one being PWO, the other before bed, and if a third, is in the mornings. Get between 175 and 225 grams of protein per day, and will probably increase that. I will keep everyone updated as my cycle progresses.
    Last edited by Cmore; 06-08-2005 at 11:30 AM.

O yeah, I forgot. I will post some pics as soon as I can. I took pictures before, and will take them probably after each week or every couple weeks. Definitely at the end.

First update. After 5 days, I have gained 2 pounds, which could be contributed to the diet or any other number of things, and have noticed no other differences. No strength gains nor any sides yet.

Boudreaux is offline Junior Member
    i'd like to know what results you get from it....I'm running a var only right now at 60mg/day...

Next update, just finished day 8 yesterday. I had gained another 2 pounds by day 7. Gained another 1 pound through day 8, meaning I have gained a total of 5 pounds so far, and am up to 141 pounds. This is the most I have ever weighed, and it all seems to be good weight. I cannot tell a big difference in any particular parts of my body, just seem to be a bit thicker overall. Still no negative sides. I have noticed a slight increase in appetite, and feel slightly better. Appetite could be due to working out harder, and the feeling good due to seeing myself actually improve like I wanted, but the tbol is definitely working and I love it. No huge strength gains so far, but I have noticed that nearly all of my lifts yesterday were easier and I got a couple more reps than usual on almost everything. I also altered my planned cycle a bit, and instead of taking 30 mg/day of tbol for 4 weeks, I only took 30 mg per day for the first week, and I have upped it to 40 and will keep it there for the remaining 3 weeks of tbol. So the new cycle is this:

Week 1: 30 mg tbol/day
    Weeks 2-4: 40 mg tbol/day
    Weeks 5-10: 40 mg var/day

So far everything is great and I am loving tbol. Hopefully I will notice some bigger strength gains in the next few days and gain enough muscle/lose enough fat to reach my goals. By the way, I was around 10-11% bf before beginning. Have not checked to see if that has changed any, but will do so later. I am hoping to reach 150 pounds with around 7-8% bf.

Today is a day off from lifting, but I am having to restrain myself from going. I really feel that upping the dose to 40 mg/day is going to work great. Here are pics of me before starting. I took them couple weeks ago, but had not got them up here yet. These pics are while cold, on a rest day. I know my back and wheels are lacking. I have been working hard on that, but please feel free to critique. I could use some good advice and constructive criticism. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle-100_0424.jpg   Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle-100_0425.jpg   Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle-100_0428.jpg   Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle-100_0434.jpg   Tbol/Var Cycle Diary - First Cycle-100_0435.jpg  

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    i think you should probly wait before you juice

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    i think you should probly wait before you juice
    I agree..but too late now....

I have always been very slender built and a hardgainer. I would like to have waited until I reached 150-160 pounds naturally, but it was not going to happen until I get older and my metabolism slows down. I'm very active, playing baseball and other things when I'm not at work or lifting. I eat like crazy to try and gain, but has not worked. I had to bust my rump to even get where I am. Before I started lifting I was a small weak, nerdy looking guy with allergies. I know everyone is thinking what's different...trust me, I am bigger and healthier now. I was around 5'7" - 5'8" and only weighed 120 for a few years. I was sick throughout my entire childhood and into my early teens. I always played sports, though, and that's what kept me from being even more sick. I also have asthma. Anyway, I chose the two I did because they are lower on side effects, but also weaker. I do not need to take anything strong and grow a lot because I do not have the frame for it. I am trying to take a small weaker cycle in hopes that I can get myself healthier.
    Thanks for the replies. Any other thoughts?

Update: I am now 1.5 weeks into my cycle and I believe I have gained another pound or two. Will check for sure when I get to the weightroom this evening. Still no adverse side effects. Have gained some weight and strength and feel good. Hope it continues. I have noticed in the last day or two that I am starting to get some pumps. Everything is going great. Now back to work and then to lift.

Keep training hard bro.

I am sorry, I am not familiar with what tbol is... You don't mean dbol ?

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    No he is talking about tbol not dbol here is all you will need to know about.
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=172185

Tbol = Turinabol
    Very good stuff, similar to Anavar , but provides a bit more mass or is a bit stronger is what most say.

Thanks, powerbodybuilder. I'm working my ass off in the weightroom right now. Yesterday, I weighed in at 143, so I had gained another pound or two in the last couple days. Things look great. I have upped my protein intake so that I try and never get under 200 grams. Trying for around 250. All of my lifts seemed easy yesterday, and I increased weight again on about half of them. I felt great. I am now starting to see a difference in my chest, which has always been a weak point. I feel great. Today is legs/abs. I've always had semi-flat stomach, but only had abs that showed a couple times. I can tell I've lost a bit of fat from around my middle, hopefully those abs will begin to poke out again soon.

Update: Day 15

Everything is going great. I have started noticing one side effect, but is nothing serious. My face seems to stay a bit more oily during the day. Have not actually broke out or had any extra acne, just a bit more oily is all. No other sides whatsoever. Will weigh again after work today. Hoping to have reached 145. Weighed in at 144 Friday. So here is the progress as far as weight is concerned so far:

Beginning: 136 lbs
    End of Wk 1: 139 lbs
    End of Wk 2: 144 lbs

Goal was 150 lbs by the end, but I am going to up that goal to 155 by the end. I'm eating like crazy now as I had already adjusted my diet and the Tbol has slightly increased my appetite as well. Everything is great so far. Two more weeks of Tbol, then I start the Var.

yooo is offline Associate Member
    thats a very low dose for the tbol and pretty low on the var, im interested in the results...

I'm using lower doses to ensure little to no sides, but also since I am smaller to begin with, will not take as high a dose as for a larger guy. I also generally respond very well to any types of medicines, so thought I would probably respond well to low doses of aas as well, which I have so far. Just from what I have seen and all from the first two weeks, if I were to use Tbol again, which is highly probable, I would use it for something like 60 mg ed. Have not started the Var yet, but I would guess about the same for it.

Yesterday, I felt the best I have in a long time. I am generally an easy going, carefree, happy person. So I feel good most of the time, but yesterday was awesome. My wife commented to me that she could tell I was bigger and that she thought my shoulders and chest were both looking broader and thicker. Hopefully the next 8 weeks will continue to get even better.

Nicky B is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmore
    Update: Day 15

Everything is going great. I have started noticing one side effect, but is nothing serious. My face seems to stay a bit more oily during the day. Have not actually broke out or had any extra acne, just a bit more oily is all. No other sides whatsoever. Will weigh again after work today. Hoping to have reached 145. Weighed in at 144 Friday. So here is the progress as far as weight is concerned so far:

Beginning: 136 lbs
    End of Wk 1: 139 lbs
    End of Wk 2: 144 lbs

Goal was 150 lbs by the end, but I am going to up that goal to 155 by the end. I'm eating like crazy now as I had already adjusted my diet and the Tbol has slightly increased my appetite as well. Everything is great so far. Two more weeks of Tbol, then I start the Var.
    155 very realistic for you at the end this which is going good. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, bro. After the next week or two, I might even re-evaluate and set the goal at 160. I am waiting to see how much I gain in the next few days, though, before upping it too much.

Today is day 18. I've looked at the amount of Var I have and had planned on using 40 mg ED for 6 weeks. If I do that, I will have some left, so I have two options. My question is which option do you guys think would be best?

Option 1: 40 mg ED for 7 weeks
    Option 2: 40 mg ED for 2 weeks + 50 mg ED for 4 weeks

Option one would add an extra week, but option two would be a bit stronger for those 4 weeks. Ideas/thoughts? Thanks.

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    it seems that most people say to keep the dose consistent.

have you gained any more weight?

any impact on libido yet? how are the "boys" hanging?

Have not weighed in a couple days. One was a rest day, other I took an extra rest day because my arms were still not recovered from the previous workout in which I completely torched them. I weigh on the same scale every time so that I know for sure what I have gained. I weighed on another scale too, and I have gone up a couple pounds on it, but not sure what that will translate to on the other scale. Will post new weight soon as I have it, if it has changed. I think the last few days the weight gain has slowed a bit, but part is due to loss of fat I believe. I can actually see some abs now when I flex them. Bottom two are still hiding, but I can count 6 others, which I like. Libido is still the same as always, no affect whatsoever on that. Boys are hanging same as always also. No side effects whatsoever. I had a bit extra oily skin for about a week, but even that seems to have gone away now.

surfnsailor is offline Junior Member
    Today is a day off from lifting, but I am having to restrain myself from going. I really feel that upping the dose to 40 mg/day is going to work great. Here are pics of me before starting. I took them couple weeks ago, but had not got them up here yet. These pics are while cold, on a rest day. I know my back and wheels are lacking. I have been working hard on that, but please feel free to critique. I could use some good advice and constructive criticism. Thanks.
    Bent over Barbell rows(your back needs it), 4 to 6 reps to falure, No smith machine! Eat till the food comes out of your mouth. Work hard bro! Take care.

muscularmodel is offline New Member
    get some good fats(natural pb) in there along with your protein if you want to gain good weight, dont worry about seeing abs at this point,, protein with not enough fat will burn the fat right off your bones and you will gain no weight

I eat lots of pb and also take flax. I've gained well so far, just hoping to reach that 150 mark soon. Will be hitting the weight room this evening and will weigh again. Should be up a couple pounds. Has been a few days since I weighed.

Quote Originally Posted by surfnsailor
    Bent over Barbell rows(your back needs it), 4 to 6 reps to falure, No smith machine! Eat till the food comes out of your mouth. Work hard bro! Take care.
    For back I do bent over rows, lat pulldowns(close grip), deads, and hyperextensions(lower back). Any other exercises you guys would suggest or would more just overtrain? I usually do 3 sets X 8-10 reps on pulldowns/rows, 3 sets X 20 reps on hypers, and 3 sets X 6-8 reps on deads.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    i do weighted pullups, bent over rows, seated close grip rows, seated wide grip rows, lat pulldowns, and deads

surfnsailor is offline Junior Member
    For back I do bent over rows, lat pulldowns(close grip), deads, and hyperextensions(lower back). Any other exercises you guys would suggest or would more just overtrain? I usually do 3 sets X 8-10 reps on pulldowns/rows, 3 sets X 20 reps on hypers, and 3 sets X 6-8 reps on deads.
    Go heavier and less reps for more mass. After 8 reps you fatigue the muscle. Fatigue simple fatigues, overload builds mass. Forget the high rep hyper extensions, for your body type, use your energy more efficiently, do waited hyper extensions or good mornings 4 to 6 to failure. Focus on mass! Are you always keeping tension on the muscles? Lower the wait slower than you raise it, but you probably know this.

Day 22: Weighed this past Saturday, which was day 20. Weighed in at 146. Everything is still looking good. No sides, workouts going great. Will workout again today and have weight to post later.

Weighed in yesterday, day 22. Still was 146, but had a bad day eating. Did not feel good most of the day. Today is day 23. Five days left of tbol before starting the var. I'm going for 150 by the end of the tbol, so I had better eat like a madman this week.

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    how do you generally feel at this point in the cycle? are the strength gains good, are the pumps insane, any noticeable increase in vascularity?

how about mood, are you feeling anything different than before you started?

keep up the good work.

Day 23 update. Weighed in yesterday at the weight room as always. Weighed in slightly over 148 pounds. Feels good to have almost reached the 150 mark. I feel great at this point. I'm only about 3.5 weeks into the tbol and it's great. All of my lifts have gone up, pumps have been fairly light probably because of only 40 mg. I have noticed a bit more vascularity, but not a lot. My mood has not changed at all. I'm still laid back and relaxed just like always. Basically I have gained 12 pounds and gotten thicker overall. Strength is up on every lift. I feel good about myself just seeing some good improvement and actually reaching some of my goals. The extra oily skin I experienced around the second week is gone. Boys are hanging just like normal. Libido is same as always. Basically I have no known side effects. I have been using the tbol and these first four weeks as a bulking phase. I hope to hit 150 by the end of this fourth week and then I will start the var and try to cut up some, but at the same time I do not wish to lose any weight. I think if I keep my diet the same, add in some extra cardio, and switch the tbol to the var, I should be able to maintain 150 or perhaps even gain just a few pounds, while getting ripped, over the 6-7 weeks of var. I plan on taking more pictures at the end of the tbol and then again at the very end. Will keep everyone updated.

Again, I am reconsidering my var dosage. I would like to take 50 mg ED instead of the planned 40, but that will cut back on the length of time. I have 2000 mg, which is enough to last 50 days at 40 mg/day. That's almost exactly 7 weeks. If I up the dose to 50 mg ED, that cuts the time down to 40 days, which is a bit shy of 6 weeks. What do you guys think? 50 ED for almost 6 weeks or 40 ED for 7 weeks?

Weighed yesterday, day 25. Was at 149 pounds and I was pissed because I was so close to 150, but not quite there yet. I have couple days left of tbol, though, so should reach 150 by the end of that. Lifts are going great. After I am finished with the tbol, I will take more pictures, then more again at the very end of cycle after the var. I took measurements before starting and will take them again in couple days and again at very end. Bench was good for me yesterday. Doesn't sound like much, but for me it was awesome. My 1 rep max before starting has been 205, while weighing 136. Yesterday, while weighing in at 149, I benched 185 for 8 reps AFTER having done 4 other sets before that.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    205 at a weight of 136 is pretty good. I am sure you are close to 220 if you can do 185 x 8. Keep up the good work and I have enjoyed reading about your progress.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    keep pluggin along fella!

and whassup with the bruising on the arms?

and keep in mind to give yourself lots of rest as your growing like a weed. Whats you diet look like? are you downing a shake in the middle of the night?

how bout cardio?

Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    205 at a weight of 136 is pretty good. I am sure you are close to 220 if you can do 185 x 8. Keep up the good work and I have enjoyed reading about your progress.
    Thanks. I'm working about as hard as I can right now. Every time I see something improve or the weight seeming lighter it motivates me even more. Soon as I have those measurements and some exact numbers I will post them. I know I have gained some good size in some areas, just not sure how much. I will weigh again today and hopefully I will have hit the 150 mark. After that I will be shooting for 155. I believe I can reach that. Upon reaching 150, I will have gained 14 pounds from 4 weeks of tbol. Then I will have about 6 weeks of var left. Surely I can gain 5 pounds total from 6 weeks of var, or at least maintain 150 while getting shredded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    keep pluggin along fella!

and whassup with the bruising on the arms?

and keep in mind to give yourself lots of rest as your growing like a weed. Whats you diet look like? are you downing a shake in the middle of the night?

how bout cardio?
    Bruising on my arm is now gone. Was from extremely light shotgun+buckshot. I burst a small vein or something and the blood pooled in my arm. Not as bad as it sounds. I'm sleeping at least 8 hours per night, sometimes 9. My diet is not as clean as it should be. It's more of a dirty bulk. When I start the var, I will be cleaning it up, if not before. I drink 2 shakes per day, one of them being PWO on workout days. I do light cardio 2 days a week right now, and will be adding a third day of heavier cardio soon. My workout split is strange, but its what has been working for me.

Here is my current workout split:

Sunday: Rest/Light cardio
    Monday: Arms, chest, back
    Tuesday: Legs, abs
    Wednesday: Rest/Light cardio
    Thursday: Arms, chest, back
    Friday: Legs, abs
    Saturday: Rest

Basically upper body 2 days a week and lower 2 days a week. I go to complete exhaustion once or twice per week and work almost to that point all other times. My muscles seem to recover quite rapidly, so I am able to train everything twice per week. This is partly due to the fact that all my muscles are still quite small, at least in comparison to most others here, and also that I have a very fast natural recovery rate. If for some odd reason I have a day where I do not feel recovered (which has happened only twice I can remember), I skip that day and adjust the split for that week accordingly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information