Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    primetime1 is offline Member

primetimes cutting cycle 4 weeks in

hello to all the bros out there who may stop by and read this.
    i decided come over here and start my log, thanks to maddgflabb, even though im 4 weeks in.
    my cycle is 1-12 test e 500mg/week
    1-8 fina 120mg eod
    9-15 winny 50mg ed
    proper pct, nov 20 mg ed through out

my stats
    25 yrs old seriously training about 6 years
    5-11
    currently 238.. up from 222, no noticable added fat. will get bf done in a week or so.
    bf 15% goal is 10 or less
    diet is clean

ok well this is 4 weeks in and prior to this i had a thread started in the q&a forum, that didnt go to well so heres my go from here.

the 1st week, nothing big just starting to feel good again.

2nd week started feeling pumps from the tren also, up 10 lbs from start.

3rd week, insane pumps in the gym, strength was up and feeling great

start of week 4, up another 6 lbs. so far ive had no sides from the tren other than great pumps, strength and increase sweating. the test has to be kickin in cuz the swoleness in the gym is nuts. i am holding a lil water but nothing bad at all, maybe the nolv will help with this.
    i did chest / tris yesterday. strength was up for sure here, got 130 dbs for 8 for db presses. goal is to get the 150s by end of feb! incline/decline felt great and def added some wieght to them as well.
    tris, only took 1 set to get them full blown, from there is was just insane pumps on each set after and rock solid tris at the end of the work out.

i hope this thread does better than the last. i have pics i took about 2 weeks ago that i will post for some before and after comparisons.

todays leg day and im lookin forward to squats.

let me know what you all think and thanks for checkin it out

madflabby is offline Associate Member

Keep it up.

Looking good bro. Just curious do you mix your test and tren or do you keep them seperate?

We weigh about the same and lift about the same, it's nice to follow a guy w/the same body type. I'm doing my cycle w/the goal of shedding some BF w/out shedding any muscle. I 've heard tren is great for that. Let us know how your body composition changes.
    Last edited by madflabby; 01-24-2006 at 12:00 PM.

thanks bro.. ive been following yours as you already know.. i do mix the test and tren when those days occur. but they go in the glutes as i dont like to put 2cc in the delt.
    so far, i cant say that ive noticed fat increas with the extra weight added. to be quite honest, the upper section of my abdomin is getting tighter .
    shredding bf and keepin nice size is my goal as well MF.
    ill update after the leg punishment tonight.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    following...

last nights leg work out was great. i can really feel the test kicking in along with the tren .. its damn noticable in the gym when ppl are coming up to you and are amazed at the gains/changes in the past few weeks.

didnt end up doing squats last night as i rotate them evey few weeks with a combo hack squat leg press super set. i dont usually go to sick heavy with legs cuz i dont want to risk injury but last night i ended up loading more plates on then usual and repping it out for sets of 10 or on both.
    leg extensions and curls were also up. 5 plates on ext and 4 on curls for sets of 12-15 finished up with calve raises.
    all in all a great night in the gym. todays a day of rest afterwards so ill update after my favorite day shoulders on thursday.

and thanks to those who follow, any input or advice is always appreciated.

just a quick update.. legs are still sore as hell from tuesdays workout. switching things up a bit really made a difference. standing calf raises really worked my calves as they are the most sore today. looking forward to shoulders or boulders as we call em. favorite day in the gym!!! possibly post pics tonight from 2 weeks in.
    check back for update later tonight

some pics from 2 weeks in

these pics are from 2 weeks ago, kind of took them a lil later than i wanted to being 2 weeks in, but at that point im sure nothing was really kicking in so i figured these would suffice for before pics for camparison of progress and after.

today was shoulders!!! what a great day, was thinking all day about my work out couldnt wait..
    started with arnolds,. switchin it from the usual db military. didnt go to heavy since i was keeping my form and i havnt done them in a while.. i had sick pumps in my shoulders when i finished these.
    next was side lateral raises was feeling good so i went alil heavier.. was training solo today, as my buddies were coming later. so i was actually goin at a faster pace, im usta workin out with 2 my bros!!! i decided i needed to slow it down a tad.. get more rest in between sets.. omg it was nuts after that.. after side lats, i did plate raises.. 3x20 45plate the pump and strength gains are f-n crazy .after this i did bb shrugs 4x12 225.. i dont go to heavy here as i like to really squeez my traps.
    next up some HS seated shoulder press i like these.. its a nice finisher for my boulders! i took a break, spoted my othe bros for a few and then ended with some light up right rows. 3x10 115
    over all i felt strong as hell, with insane pumps and sweating ma a$$ off
    eating good and was down to 233 looking tighter and leaner all around.

hope ya guys dig this.. post will be like this from day to day. im liking the idea of keepin track of my work outs on here with you all and appreciate any advice and suggestions you may have.
    thanks for reading
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails primetimes cutting cycle 4 weeks in-dsc01624.jpg   primetimes cutting cycle 4 weeks in-dsc01644.jpg   primetimes cutting cycle 4 weeks in-dsc01634.jpg  

Looking good bro. Keep it up. You've got a solid base, you can get pretty ripped w/a good diet and your cycle. Keep it going!

How have the sides been? Are you losing your temper? Or losing any sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by primetime1
    hope ya guys dig this.. post will be like this from day to day. im liking the idea of keepin track of my work outs on here with you all and appreciate any advice and suggestions you may have.
    thanks for reading
    I'm liking it so far.

My request?

If possible could you outline your workout (as mentioned above sets; reps; weights; energy levels etc.); your diet; and any other commentary?

Thanks i think the other members (myself included) would love it.

As MadF mentioned.. you're looking thick man.. A great place to start cutting imo.

Shredded, you'd be kick-ass!

I'm definately following this log

~Nark

p.s. suggestions:

prioritise lats and pecs while on this cycle... I think some quality muscle can be added.. even while cutting. Granted it won't be a lot.. but that shouldn't be a deterrant

thanks for the replys bros.
    Nark: i will work on the outline, mind if i borrow yours from your log, i can rework that where needed if you dont mind, i will also work on the lats, although when i was leaner(younger) my lats were wide`!! when i rid them love handles they will look much larger with the thinner waistline again (goal)
    my pecs are always a weak point, i focus alot of time on the incline as i think i need the most work in my upper chest: suggestion??
    MaddF:thanks bro, i cant wait to get shredded. ive been working on my diet alot and its definetly gettin there also the cardio is goin well. the sides with the tren so far have been minimal, other than sweating my a$$ off, my temper is under control right now.. things in life are decent so that helps alot!

im off to bed, thanks for following

thanks for the replys bros.
    Nark: i will work on the outline, mind if i borrow yours from your log, i can rework that where needed if you dont mind
    No prob man

i will also work on the lats, although when i was leaner(younger) my lats were wide`!! when i rid them love handles they will look much larger with the thinner waistline again (goal)
    Looking foward to the progress pics

my pecs are always a weak point, i focus alot of time on the incline as i think i need the most work in my upper chest: suggestion??
    What's your current routine look like?

How long have you trained in the manner that you have? (i.e. using the current routine)

You may want to consider dropping the volume for 6 weeks.. assessing changes (if any).. I find that most times when we hit a plateau, we respond by increasing exercises etc... Still, sometimes that causes regression.. Ive been there.

Holla.

im off to bed, thanks for following

~Nark

didnt get on last night to post up my work so here it is a day late.
    friday jan 27th - back and bis

chin ups
    4 sets 10-12 reps assisted wieght 80 lbs
    one are rows
    set 1-65 x 12
    set 2 80 x 12
    set 3 90 x 10
    set 4 100 x 10
    close grip late pull down-
    4 sets. range 140-160 lbs 10-12 reps each
    seated wide grib rows
    4 sets same range as above for same reps
    reverse wide grip pull ups (use smith machine for bar, keeping body straight inline)
    body weight 3 sets 12 reps each.

Preacher curls
    set 1, 75 x 10
    set 2, 95 x8
    set 3 95 x 8
    set 4 75 x 8

standing db curls
    set 1 40 x 10
    set 2 40 x 10
    set 3 40 x 10
    set 4 40 x 10,
    this weight felt comfortable and was getting sick pumps from.

seated negative curls. 90 lb, ( plate, quarter and machine resistance)
    did these till falure.

comments. a normal great day in the gym. energy level is through the roof and strength is also. i feel i have more strength for more sets so increasing endurance is great. my back felt insane after the 1st set of chin ups. from there it was just tryin to blow them wings larger and force more blood in from different angles. the swoleness while working out is crazy, ppl stare, its great

bies were also decent today as after the 1st set of preachers my arms were feeling pumped.
    over all im increasing the strength and definetly getting tighter all around.
    ive added some effedra to the mix in hopes to get alil jitters goin, 50 mg ed is all i take. but its definetly kicking in and helpin out for the work outs.

this is for now, hopefully later on i can post up some more info and get back to some questions above.
    thanks for following, time to go eat! peace

Looking good bro, I'm still waiting for my tren to kick in, I can't wait. When you say 80LB assisted does that mean your bodyweight PLUS 80lbs or are you on that machine that helps you out?

My last cycle every excercise I did I tried to go as heavy as possible, form wasn't perfect and I got hurt. I won't do that again, I can get sick pumps by controlling the weight and concentrating on the negative. I see that you're doing the same, smart move. Good job bro.

comments. a normal great day in the gym. energy level is through the roof and strength is also. i feel i have more strength for more sets so increasing endurance is great. my back felt insane after the 1st set of chin ups. from there it was just tryin to blow them wings larger and force more blood in from different angles. the swoleness while working out is crazy, ppl stare, its great

bies were also decent today as after the 1st set of preachers my arms were feeling pumped.
    over all im increasing the strength and definetly getting tighter all around.
    ive added some effedra to the mix in hopes to get alil jitters goin, 50 mg ed is all i take. but its definetly kicking in and helpin out for the work outs.
    That's what i'm talking bout!

routine

What's your current routine look like?
    How long have you trained in the manner that you have? (i.e. using the current routine)

nark: are you interested in all my routines or just chest? if you keep to following you will see my routine nicely laid out this week as im forming it closer to how your log is...

also, i swith my routines up mildy through out the year, goin from bb to db for some movements. other times i switch when the exersize is done, either earlier in the routine or later. sometimes adding a different movement to stimulate different muscles.
    for my current routine, its been the same since sometime in dec.( which focused on dbs instead of bb)
    also, as youll see from my log, i dont go for less then 10 reps always at pretty decent weight.

if theres something i missed holla and ill get it to ya.
    thanks for following and i always appreciate any information, advice or critism you bros may have that can help me.

will update tonight after blowin up chest and tris later STAY TUNED

maddf- when i say 80lbs assistance.. ya know my ass is on the pull up machine that helps out!! i can rep out chin ups with out assistance but its not enough for my back to feel it, so i hop on that machine and i can focus on my back through out the range of motion and squeez on the top.
    over hand wide grip, maybe itll blow the wings wider .. well see.

830.. back from the gym and bout ready to eat.

chest day:
    db flat bench
    warm up: 80 x 15
    warm up : 100 x 12
    set 1: 110 x 10
    set 2 :120 x 8
    set 3:120 x 8
    set 4 130 x 6

comment.. last 2 sets were failure at preveious rep, rep stated is with my bro spotting me past failure feeling was awsome after this!!!

incline bench
    set 1: 185 x 10
    set 2: 205 x 10
    set 3 225 x 6
    set 4 205 x 6

peck deck
    set 1: 150 x 10
    set 2: 150 x 10
    set 3 150 x 10
    set 4 150 x 10

decline cable
    set 1: 40 x 10
    set 2: 40 x 10
    set 3 40 x 10
    set 4 40 x 10

tris
    skull crushers
    set 1: 80 x 10
    set 2: 80 x 10
    set 3 80 x 10
    set 4 80 x 10

after 2 sets my tris were swolen i love these things!

seated dips
    set 1: body weight x 20
    set 2: body weight + plate x 20
    set 3: body weight + plate x 20

cardio 30 mins cross trainer 70%

comments: oh man... today was awsome. over all my strength is up and im lovin that. after chest work out i felt great swole as a mofo but tight and soaked in sweat cuz its either a: vasapro : b fina at 225mg (1.5cc) eod right now.. dont really care what ones doin it but im liken the effects. i ate much cleaner this weekend and today i weighed in at 231 wich is down 5 lbs from a last monday.
    thats it for tonight. thanks for following and as always any advice is appreciated

leg day!!!!!
    ok heres the routine for legs
    this week i went back to squats instead of the hack/legpress superset

squat
    warm up: 135 x 20
    warm up:225 x 15
    set 1: 225 x 12
    set 2: 275 x 12
    set 3; 315 x 10
    set 4: 365 x 8

all sets done where quards are parallel to the rack bars
    this is how we did it when i played ball, the only way i do them...

leg extensions
    set 1: 225 x 12
    set 2: 225 x 12
    set 3; 225 x 12
    set 4: 225 x 10
    thats 5 plates on that machine, dont know what the starting resistance is

i super set these with laying leg curls
    set 1: 180 x 12
    set 2: 180 x 12
    set 3; 180 x 12
    set 4; 180 x 12
    4 plates and again i dont know the resitance of the machine.. not that it matters much..

finished off with calves.
    standing calve raises
    set 1: 300 x 15
    set 2: 300 x 15
    set 3; 300 x 15
    set 4: 300 x 15

always rotate where my toes are angled to hit the calve all the way around.

comments: todays work out was great. it feels awsome to load up the plates and squat parallel.. alot of ppl where i lift dont squat correctly so they stare at the site of my ass just bout hittin the ground. then blowin back up i love that shit .. strength is up majorly ... also, again dont know what to attribute this too, but the sweat pours off me in the gym. vasapro or fina.. dont know.. after hittin legs up nice and hard i had a queezy feelin in my stomach.. not foreign to me at all.. ive squated till i puked before ..
    wellthats the end of todays entry.. anyone whos following.. feel free to hook up some advice and or let me know what you think of my training, where i could better it, changes to it. what ever.. ill listen to anyone worth listening too as i like to keep my options open
    anyways.. gotta eat.. thanks for reading and take care

Looking good man.. i posted a long-winded reply last night.. but was having server issues.. so it was lost.

Liking your log a lot... Keep it up man

boulder day!!!
    gotta love every thursday come the end of my work day.

today i switched things up and started with some seated HS shoulder press
    goes like this:
    warm up: 90 (180) x 15 (180 =2 plates ea side)
    warm up: 90 (180) x 12
    set 1: 135 (270) x 10
    set 2: 180 (360) x 8
    set 3: 225 (450) x 6 (5 plates ea side)
    comments: started with this today to hit them up up a bit differently cuz i was fresh and wanted to load up some wieght on the machine. this felt great today and to finish it off i did a drop set tearing a plate off each time till failure.. totally burned them out awsome. the pump was fckin nutz after this.. ok onward.
    lateral raises:
    set 1: 40 x 12
    set 2: 45 x 10
    set 3: 40 x 8
    set 4: 40 x 8

front delt raises
    set 1: 35 x 12
    set 2: 35 x 12
    set 3: 35 x 10
    set 4: 35 x 9

bb shrugs

set 1: 225 x 20
    set 2: 315 x 15
    set 3: 315 x 15
    set 4: 315 x 15

finished with up right rows, light only for the squeez and to keep full tension on the muscle i never locked out on the bottom and broght the bar nice and high with a pause on top... this felt nice and aftwards my shoulders-> boulders are feeling insanely HUGE!!! so far i love this cycle and my training is off the hook lately. i cant be more pleased so far, i will post up pics soon of the progress, starting to see top of mid section!! may possibly tan it up this week also, but well see.. not that keen on that. also note.. sweat is drippin off me in the gym.. and stength is up like no other.. it seems i have endurance for more sets..
    anyways.. thanks for reading, i dont know if anyone else is reading but its been viewed quite a bit, it cant only be me viewing it, along with nark and madf.. hahah.. thanks for any advice or inputs along my journey.
    off to bed.
    Last edited by primetime1; 02-03-2006 at 07:55 AM.

was online over the weekend but not here long enough to get this all down .ok well here it goes.. i got fridays back / bi work out and mondays chest / tri day..

started out with assisted chins
    set 1:80 lbs assistance x 15
    set 2:80 lbs assistance x 15
    set 3:80 lbs assistance x 12
    set 4:80 lbs assistance x 10

tried T bar rows with the bar in the corner, something new and figured this variation of my rows would help stimulate some growth
    set 1 90 lbs x 12
    set 2 135 lbs x 10
    set 3 180 lbs x 10
    set 4 180 lbs x 8

seated rows close grip
    set 2 160 lbs x 10
    set 2 160 lbs x 10
    set 2 160 lbs x 10
    set 2 160 lbs x 10

lat pull downs wide grip
    set 1 160 lbs x 10
    set 2 160 lbs x 10
    set 3 160 lbs x 10
    set 4 160 lbs x 10

this is approximate, not sure what the pin was in, but it was around there mighta been 150 or 155 or 165 so thats a guess since i cant remember

incline db curls
    set 1 40 lbs x 10
    set 2 40 lbs x 10
    set 3 40 lbs x 10
    set 4 40 lbs x 10

this are done till failure which is normallyy around 8 reps.

buddy curls,
    today a bro joined in to do some bis so we did these by handing a 60lb straight bar to the next bro in rotation after doin 1 rep, then get it back and do another, repeat to 10. there was 3 of us today but still it was intense and fast paced. really felt these hittin the bi.

finished bis with single arm bent over cables
    set 1 55 lbs x 10
    set 2 55 lbs x 10
    set 3 55 lbs x 10
    set 4 65 lbs x 10

mondays chest day!

today was a decent day in the gym, and i say this because i dont feel i got what i shoulda. my deit was off since yesterday with the superbowl and early today was killed by havin to fix my ride so i didnt get proper nutrition back till this after noon.
    also 1st day back to barbell. felt good and easy to handle but didnt have the explosion as ive had in the past few weeks, and im sure it was because of the day i had.. got a ticket on the way to the gym tooo.. bummer..
    prick ass lil punk cop too..
    sorry for the rant.
    ahhh. here it goes

flat bench barbell.
    warm up 205 x 10
    set 1: 225 x 10
    set 2: 275 x 8
    set 3: 295 x 8
    set 4: 315 x 6
    set 5: 225 x 8

well i guess that aint to bad. i had a spotter and those last sets were all till failure, so i guess im just not pleased with the poundage here after comin back from alil over a month of dbs but well see how it goes.

incline barbell
    set 2: 205 x 8
    set 3: 225 x 8
    set 4: 205 x 8

decline
    set 1: 205 x 10
    set 2: 205 x 8
    set 3: 225 x 8
    set 4: 225 x 8

peck deck:
    set 1: 165 x 10
    set 2: 2?5 x 8
    set 3: ??? x 8 stacked
    set 4: ??? x 8 stacked

HS incline press
    set 1: 180 x 10
    set 2: 180 x 10
    set 3: 180 x 10
    set 4: 180 x 10

Tri pull downs
    set 1: 110 x 20
    set 2: 110 x 15
    set 3: 110 x 15
    set 4: 110 x 15

over head tri extensions (rope)
    set 1: 110 x 10
    set 2: 110 x 10
    set 3: 110 x 10
    set 4: 110 x 10

tri kick back
    set 1: 25 x 10
    set 2: 25 x 10
    set 3: 25 x 10
    set 4: 25 x 10

finished with dips today till failure.
    i was pretty beat after this but i had a sick pump
    i did 20 mins cardio afterwards at a steady pace
    ineeded to eat so i came right home to eat up some steak and wheat pasta. s h i tw was good.. ok well so far things are goin well with my diet, cept for yesterday super bowl... cardio is doin well and cycle gains are great so i cant complain much.. im feelin great over all, again my strenth is up, but im sure with more cals it woulda been better today.
    ok so thanks for checkin in. comment where you deem necessary and as always i appreciate any feedback or advice you bros have to offer.
    so thats it. im off to get a shake

That's a lot of chest work.. why the inclines + HS inclines?

You're seeing the top of your mid-section now.. what's your diet currently like?

How has it changed since you started cutting? (i.e. how manay kcals per lb LBM now v.s. that of when you weren't cutting)

Nice back workout.

If i had to change anything, i'd drop the pulldowns and toss in either a deadlift or weight hyperextension.

Sounds like you're making good progresss

Can't wait for the pics

~Nark

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    That's a lot of chest work.. why the inclines + HS inclines?
    did the HS inclines last because i didnt feel that the incline hit it hard enough, the weight was light so it was just to get some more blood in the upper chest. you think its too much, how should i change this to see more growth?
    You're seeing the top of your mid-section now.. what's your diet currently like?
    diet is goin well, its been since 1st of jan. it consist of

meal 1: muscle milk and oats
    meal 2: 5 egg whites and banana or apple
    meal 3: lean protien and brown rice with veggies (pork cent cuts, flank steak, chicken or tuna)
    meal 4: shake
    meal 5 cottage cheese
    work out
    pwo shake
    meal 6: lean protein, same as above, with either brown rice or wheat pasta
    meal 7: prior to bed, muscle milk shake

How has it changed since you started cutting? (i.e. how manay kcals per lb LBM now v.s. that of when you weren't cutting) not exactly sure of the kcals from then to now, but in my last workplace i would eat out alot and what ever it was, i started to clean my diet up in end of november.

Nice back workout.

If i had to change anything, i'd drop the pulldowns and toss in either a deadlift or weight hyperextension.
    ive been wantin to add deads in there, so possibly this week and also i usually do hyperextensions eow Sounds like you're making good progresss

Can't wait for the pics---- soon, soon.. possibly next week. then after winny admin. lookin fwd myself.
    ~Nark

also, thanks for the input nark glad youve been following

On the HS: if you're seeing progress.. keep doing what you're doing. Stick to it for at least 6 weeks...If progress stagnates... drop an exercise (that'd leave you with three exercises).. and increase the intensity (forced reps.. rest pause.. etc.).

On diet: Your diet isn't a 'cutting' diet per se.. but as you noted, it's cleaner than yu previous diet... So, if it aint broke..dont fix it. When your fat loss starts to stagnate, then it'll be time to get more 'exact' with your macros

On deadlifts: Add the dealifts at least EOW week... at the bare minimum

tuesday leg day:

started out with squats and heres how it went

warm up: 225 x 12
    warm up :225 x 10
    set 1: 275 x 10
    set 2: 315 x 10
    set 3: 365 x 8
    set 4: 405 x 4

i was feeling good so i finished a bit heavier than usuall, just wanted to make sure i could rep 405 with parallel form and i did so i was pumped about it. i dont usually go over 365 becuase i dont want to risk injury with deep ass squats. ok onward

super sets:

leg extensions
    set 1: 180 x 15
    set 2: 180 x 15
    set 3: 225 x 12
    set 4: 225 x 12

leg curls
    set 3: 180 x 12
    set 4: 180 x 12

finished with seated calf raises till they were burning up!!!
    4 sets, rotating toe position 20-25 reps each, 80 lbs

over all yesterday was great, my legs were swollen and feelling hella huge. seems i can just pile on the plates with my legs and i can still rep it out.
    this routine is pretty fast and intense so aftewards im hurtin, i hit up 20 mins light cardio after, then headed home to eat.

NARK:

On the HS: if you're seeing progress.. keep doing what you're doing. Stick to it for at least 6 weeks...If progress stagnates... drop an exercise (that'd leave you with three exercises).. and increase the intensity (forced reps.. rest pause.. etc.). so far my chest is reacting well, but im still not sure if im over working it, should i keep to the 3 main compound presses for better results?

On diet: Your diet isn't a 'cutting' diet per se.. but as you noted, it's cleaner than yu previous diet... So, if it aint broke..dont fix it. When your fat loss starts to stagnate, then it'll be time to get more 'exact' with your macros
    i know its not a true cutting diet, but its much cleaner and manymore times a day to keep the metab goin. in the up coming weeks i will work my diet more towards the cuttin aspect as the winny weeks are comin up. do you have any suggestions towards how to make my current diet more geared towards cutting?

On deadlifts: Add the dealifts at least EOW week... at the bare minimum
    im adding these in this week, back to the old school training!!!

also, im goin to start workin my abs 2-3 times a week since im seeing progress in the midsection. any ideas bout how to hit them? routine?

thanks for following, as always i appreciate any feedback or advice you bros have.

NARK:

so far my chest is reacting well, but im still not sure if im over working it, should i keep to the 3 main compound presses for better results?
    i think so... stick with 3. How's your recovery been? How does it compare to prior to the cycle? Were you doing this many exercises prior to the cycle?

i know its not a true cutting diet, but its much cleaner and manymore times a day to keep the metab goin. in the up coming weeks i will work my diet more towards the cuttin aspect as the winny weeks are comin up. do you have any suggestions towards how to make my current diet more geared towards cutting?
    Get your kcals exact... calculate to your LBM.
    Ingest approximately 14 kcals per lb LBM
    Of those, take in at least 1.35 gr of protein per lb LBM. AT least 1 gram of carbs per LBM.. and the rest of the calories should be allotted to fat.

Spread the macros equally over 6-8 meals.. That's the short answer

im adding these in this week, back to the old school training!!!
    Sweet man... sweet!

also, im goin to start workin my abs 2-3 times a week since im seeing progress in the midsection. any ideas bout how to hit them? routine?
    Once per week would be fine... with two exercises... (a crunch + leg-raises would do)

Or twice per week.. using 1 exercise per session

thanks for following, as always i appreciate any feedback or advice you bros have.
    Thanks for keeping the log constant

~Nark

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    i think so... stick with 3. How's your recovery been? How does it compare to prior to the cycle? Were you doing this many exercises prior to the cycle?
    my routine is basically the same as before my cycle, i keep my routines pretty consistant through out the year with slight variations of exercises,( db to bb) rest, weight, regardless of it i always try and put the most i can handle and do it correctly for 10-12. recovery, well i feel as if i can keep pushin for more sets since ive started this cycle, but dont want to over train so i keep sets per body part between 12-20, is there an optimal range of sets to promote better growth? also, ive always done 4-5 exercises

Get your kcals exact... calculate to your LBM.
    Ingest approximately 14 kcals per lb LBM
    Of those, take in at least 1.35 gr of protein per lb LBM. AT least 1 gram of carbs per LBM.. and the rest of the calories should be allotted to fat.

Spread the macros equally over 6-8 meals.. That's the short answer
    i had my bf tested prior to the start of this cycle, it said i was about 15% at 233 or so, giving me roughly 190lbs lbm. using that my kcals would be about 2660. ive been workin on my diet as ive stated befor and its come along way, i cook every sunday and weds for the following 3 days so ive paid attention to what im cooking and the macors involved, i just havnt peiced it all together on paper as of yet, this will be my next step starting with sundays cooking so i can get a better feel for where i am compared to where i need to be. any suggestions to make this transistion smoother?

Sweet man... sweet! my thinking also, pumped to start these up again

Once per week would be fine... with two exercises... (a crunch + leg-raises would do)

Or twice per week.. using 1 exercise per session
    thats great, im excited to start these up and see if the results come faster being that actually working this muscle group will burn more fat, its really where im lagging so im goin to concentrate on this area big time, infact im starting abs today after i blow up the boulders

Thanks for keeping the log constant

~Nark
    no probs with keepin the log upto date as its become part of my daily routine. i would like that seriously thank you for continueing to follow this, i take what you have to say seriously becuase im sure these words of wisdom will pay off and soon enough ill be shredded up!!!! just wait!!
    always, thanks for following and any advice you give is always appreciated
    Last edited by primetime1; 02-09-2006 at 08:11 AM.

BOULDER day!!!

wow is all i can say about todays work out.. let me get to the sets and comment at the end.

Behind the neck military press
    warm up: 115 x 12
    set 1: 135 x 12
    set 2: 185 x 10
    set 3: 205 x 8
    set 4: 205 x 8
    set 5: 155 x 12

lateral raises:
    set 1: 35 x 10
    set 2: 35 x 10
    set 3: 40 x 9
    set 4: 40 x 9

front delt raises
    set 3: 40 x 10
    set 4: 40 x 10

bb shrugs.
    set 1: 225 x 18
    set 2: 225 x 15
    set 3: 315 x 15
    set 4: 315 x 12

HS shoulder press: 2 drop sets
    3 plates 2 plates 1 plate (each side) till failure at each weight

comments:
    today was nuts i had the sickest pumps ive had so far, my shoulders looked insane, striations, veins, everything i was excited to see this all.
    stregth is still goin well, its up every day, my endurance is goin well as far as sets go. today was the 1st time ive done behind the neck presses since i think hs, i read up on them and was thinkin that with correct form, keepin my arms in the lowered posistion paralle with the floor, only came down to the top of the back of my head so there was no hyperextention and this shit felt great!! started things off real well and set the pace for the rest of the work out,
    afterwards 35 mins of cardio

note again, with the added use of effedra the sweat really drips off me, next week i will start to run t3 at 25mcg/ed and monitor my temp and see where it goes from there.

also next week youll see added sprints and jump roping program im making this weekend. so over all things are goin super great!!!! up comin weeks will be determining weeks where ill take up a notch with diet and cardio.

thanks for following and if anyone has something to add or something feel free.

my routine is basically the same as before my cycle, i keep my routines pretty consistant through out the year with slight variations of exercises,( db to bb) rest, weight, regardless of it i always try and put the most i can handle and do it correctly for 10-12. recovery, well i feel as if i can keep pushin for more sets since ive started this cycle, but dont want to over train so i keep sets per body part between 12-20, is there an optimal range of sets to promote better growth? also, ive always done 4-5 exercises
    Honestly i'm not sure. I'm from the volume school of bodybuilding so i'm not a apt judge of the 'optimal' number of sets

i had my bf tested prior to the start of this cycle, it said i was about 15% at 233 or so, giving me roughly 190lbs lbm. using that my kcals would be about 2660. ive been workin on my diet as ive stated befor and its come along way, i cook every sunday and weds for the following 3 days so ive paid attention to what im cooking and the macors involved, i just havnt peiced it all together on paper as of yet, this will be my next step starting with sundays cooking so i can get a better feel for where i am compared to where i need to be. any suggestions to make this transistion smoother?
    There's where we differ.. i cook daily.

That's easiest imo... Cook the night before for the day ahead.. that'll allow you a better grasp of macros.. and it'll make meal lay-outs easier.

That's the best advice i can muster.. sorry man.

thats great, im excited to start these up and see if the results come faster being that actually working this muscle group will burn more fat, its really where im lagging so im goin to concentrate on this area big time, infact im starting abs today after i blow up the boulders
    It's all good man.. just don't forget that the abs are muscles.. like all the rest. Maybe the composition is different.. but they, like the rest, can be over-trained.

~Nark

thanks nark for the input. i cook on sundays and weds but its all the same foods, and i measure it out to all about the same serving size, now the macros, i could figure it all out but at this point i figure as long as its not how i usta eat i should be ok. its baby steps for me with the diet haha. but surely i think this sunday i will get the macros down on paper.

also wanted to update on the tren , now i dont know where this stemmed from but last night was horrid, tossing and turning and soaked everytime i woke up. since the begining i havnt had any sides but last night for what ever reason i felt it. i woke up today no problems and still feeling good, did my shot and off to work. cant wait to do back and bis tonight so stay tuned for an update.

fridays back and bi day:

assisted chin ups:
    set 1: 80lbs assistance x 15
    set 2: 80lbs assistance x 12
    set 3: 70lbs assistance x 12
    set 4: 70lbs assistance x 12

comments, now some may read this and wonder why i dont do regular chin ups, but i have reason for the assisted ones. i can do reg chin ups but not for this many reps, and when i pull up, i always bring my head way above the bar with my hands at wide grip so i can get that insane squeez in my back, these feel great so i keep em in here.

dead lifts:
    set 1: 135 x 20
    set 2: 185 x 15

first time i didnt these in a few years, and they felt great, my form was dead on and i felt this workin my back awsome. i will continue these every other week.

one are rows:
    set 1: 95 x 10
    set 2: 95 x 10
    set 3: 95 x 10
    set 4: 95 x 10

over all my back was feelin jacked outa this world, feeling real thick and def wide.

bis:
    seated incline db curls.
    set 3: 45 x 10
    set 4: 45 x 10

bb curls

set 1: 65 x 12
    set 2: 65 x 12
    set 3: 75 x 10
    set 4: 75 x 10

single arm concentrations:
    set 1: 60 x 10
    set 2: 60 x 10
    set 3: 60 x 10
    set 4: 60 x 10

bis were feelin swole and solid!!! i measured weds night and they were 18 cold, after doin these they looked way bigger than that and just felt phenominal!!

today and tomorrow are off, waitin for some snow to come this way, and look fwd to mondays chest day already.
    thanks for following

also: update on sleep last night was fine, didnt wake up at all or soaked at all, dont know what it was thursday night but what ever that reason was, it didnt happen last night.
    wieght as of friday was 226 and feeling/lookin much tighter all around.

Looks good bro, your diet is much tighter then mine. Keep up the good work, how much time left?

dead lifts:
    set 1: 135 x 20
    set 2: 185 x 15

first time i didnt these in a few years, and they felt great, my form was dead on and i felt this workin my back awsome. i will continue these every other week.

wieght as of friday was 226 and feeling/lookin much tighter all around.

chest day!!

wanted to see what i could do on flat today. 2nd week back to bb flat bench this is what i got
    warm up: 135 x 12
    set 1: 205 x 12
    set 2: 315 x 4
    set 3: 365 x 1
    set 4: 225 x 10
    set 5: 275 x 9

decline db bench
    set 1: 80 x 12
    set 2: 90 x 12
    set 3: 90 x 12
    set 4: 90 x 10

incline bb bench

set 2: 205 x 10
    set 3: 205 x 10
    set 4: 205 x 10

unlateral cable cross over
    set 1: 50 x 12
    set 2: 60 x 12
    set 3: 60 x 10
    set 4: 70 x 10

tris
    skull crushers
    set 1: 85 x 10
    set 2: 85 x 10
    set 3: 85 x 10
    set 4: 85 x 10

seated dips
    set 1: body weight plus plate x 20
    set 2: body weight plus plate x 20
    set 3: body weight plus plate x 20
    set 4: body weight plus plate x 20

over all today im happy with the wieght i put up on flat bench. 365 is my max previous to this cycle. today i got it with only a touch of help from my bro. he siad it wasnt much, i will keep at this in hopes to blast 405 up by the end of this cycle. i think i just need to get used to pressing that heavy of a weight.
    after decline dbs my chest absolutely blew up like sick!! was feeling huge after these, had awsome squeezes and they felt great.

tris blow up after the 1st set of crushers. they are feelin so thick these days and just rock solid, im very happy with the gains so far. not adding alot of weight to me, steady at 226-230 depending on daily intake. strength is up a ton and things are goin smooth.
    thanks for looking and always i appreciate any feed back.

also posted up my deit in the diet forum, so far no help but nark, i know you the man so help me out on that tooo bro..

checking it out now man

tuesdays leg day

started out with super setting leg extensions and leg curls in hope to pre exhuast them. i do this every few weeks to switch things up alil.

leg ext:

leg curl:
    set 1: 135 x 12
    set 2: 135 x 12

leg press:
    set 1: 270 x 15
    set 2: 360 x 12
    set 3: 450 x 12
    set 4: 450 x 10

hack squats:
    set 1: 270 x 10
    set 2: 270 x 10
    set 3: 270 x 10
    set 4: 270 x 10

calve raises.
    4 sets of 20 with 300lbs, inbetween sets i did raises with no weight just turnin the toes in and out as usuall. this hit them up nicely
    over all it was a good day in the gym, very fast paced since i worked out solo yesterday. i hit up about 10 mins of jump rope afterwards and let me tell you. that is a work out in itself.. i havnt done j rope in a while and it takes sometime to get used to it again. the sweat i got from just 10 mins was unreal. im lookin fwd to keeping these daily, and adding sprints in when the hs track clears up. since its kinda hard to get sprints in when theres no place to do them, as of now.

ok thats it, todays my day off so ill be back tomorrow with more on this.
    thanks for following.

forgot to mention that i did abs on monday..1st time in a long time i hit them up, was goin to wait till they were fully visible but i need to burn the fat there so i decided to get on it.. i did 2 sets of leg lifts, hangin from the elbow holders on one of the machines at my gym... all i can say is that my heavy ass legs didnt make this easy and i am feelin my abs hurt for the past 2 days.. but i like it.. cant wait to hit them up again tomorrow after boulders, along with some mo jump ropin.

looking good man...

dblock189 is offline Associate Member
    primetime,

looking good in those pictures you had there. I cant wait to see the new ones you are posting. I am going to keep watching your log and see how your progress is going. Im glad your loving those pumps. I cant to feel like that.. I am going to check out your diet in a bit. Good luck bro.

DBLOCK

thanks brotha.. glad you dig the journal. im hopin to stick with this as ive just included it in my daily routine.. hopin to see yours up here somtime soon
    get ready to grow!!

update.. abs are finally less sore than the past two days.. still feelin tight though and im lovin that ish.. might have some pics to post up later on after the huge boulder pump!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information