Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1bmf is offline Junior Member

1BMF's Halodrol Log

I am starting my first cycle tomorrow, a 30 day Halodrol cycle and since a log hasn't been done on this product yet, I decided to be the first. Getting bloodwork tomorrow morning and will post the results of that when received. Here are my stats:

22 years old
    5'10"
    211 lbs
    26.5% Body Fat

My goal is to build more muscle and hopefully knock that bf% down a little. I am going to be starting cardio back up and am working out 5 days a week. Will post my split and routine on here hopefully tomorrow. I will also put up before pictures sometime soon and will post updated pics during cycle. I am going to be running Liver Care during the cycle along with the standard multivitamin, CLA, Gaspari's SizeOn and protein out the ass. PCT will consist of 40mg Nolva and .25mg of L-Dex for 30 days, followed by 30 days of L-Dex at .5mg.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    you bf is high.
    and the pct is over kill. stick with the nolva, then again im not sure how hard that product with supress your HPTA

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sure you want to start with 26+% bf?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    you bf is high.
    I think he knows that.

and the pct is over kill.
    I agree somewhat.. Personally i prefer an extended PCT... but the dosage on the Nolva is too high.. and the extra 4 weeks of A-dex makes no sense to be personally.

Why do you plan on running the AI an extra 4 weeks?

-------------
    As noted by those before me... your bodyfat percentage is on the high side.

I wouldn't, if i were you, expect much visible results from this cycle.. though you WILL, all conditions being correct, add some muscle.

Personally i'd "cut" for this 30-day period.. using the compound of choice to help preserve lean tissue.

That's just my opinion personally

~Narkissos

you bf is high.
    I realize that. That is something I have been working on for awhile and have been and throughout my cycle will be eating nothing but clean meals. I decided to up it from 5-6 a day to 7-8 because I want to increase my clean calorie intake to bulk up.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Sure you want to start with 26+% bf?
    Yeah I know I shouldn't be doing a cycle, not only for that reason but I haven't been lifting as long as someone should before starting a cycle but after a lot of research I decided that I want to do one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I agree somewhat.. Personally i prefer an extended PCT... but the dosage on the Nolva is too high.. and the extra 4 weeks of A-dex makes no sense to be personally.

Why do you plan on running the AI an extra 4 weeks?
    In the topic Halodrol PCT Help I asked for PCT advice for my cycle. Bryan2 recommended 20mg Nolva, 100mg clomid and .25 L-Dex. Based on what I have read on here I am trying to avoid Clomid like the plague. I read in another thread that it's ok to use 60mg nolva instead of the standard 20mg nolva 100mg clomid and decided instead of 60mg to drop to 40mg. As far as the L-Dex after, that was suggested by Bryan2 in the same thread and made sense to me. It helps get the test levels higher than average after pct which I think is great idea. I have a feeling once I get my bloodwork results that my test levels are going to be abnormally low so I definitely want to do the L-Dex after PCT. Do you think I should drop the Nolva to 20mg?

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    if you drop the clomid then go with 40mg nolva 2 weeks and drop to 20mg nolva for 2 more weeks

the AI solo after you stop the nolva will indeed raise your test levels substantially

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    if you drop the clomid then go with 40mg nolva 2 weeks and drop to 20mg nolva for 2 more weeks

the AI solo after you stop the nolva will indeed raise your test levels substantially
    Yeah I definitely want to run the AI solo after. If my test levels come back abnormally low can I run AI solo even longer to keep my test levels in the normal range?

4 weeks solo should be more then enough plus your cholesterol will start to take a hit as well as some possible joint problems I really wouldnt push it past 8 weeks top if you really wanted to push it.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bmf
    Yeah I know I shouldn't be doing a cycle, not only for that reason but I haven't been lifting as long as someone should before starting a cycle but after a lot of research I decided that I want to do one anyway.
    What you said there is a little scary - Hopefully you didn't mean it to sound like that, but if you don't have a solid base as far as your joints you are opening yourself to potential injury.
    Make sure you do proper warm ups and I would recommend three weeks, with a potential fourth based on how you feel.

Good Luck - I look forward to the log!

No what I meant by that was that a lot of people on this forum believe you shouldn't start a cycle until you can no longer make gains naturally and I definitely still can. I am not near that point yet and even though a lot of people would say I shouldn't start a cycle, I decided to anyway. I have been lifting long enough to have a solid base so I don't think that is going to be a problem.

Started my cycle today and worked out back and bi's. Didn't notice a difference but then again don't expect to this early. My workout today consisted of:

Rows - 1 warm up set of 12, 4 sets of 6-8
    Lat pulldown - 1 warm up set of 12, 4 sets of 6-8
    Hammer curls - 1 warm up set of 12 per arm, 4 sets of 6-8 per arm
    Straight bar curls - 1 warm up set of 12, 4 sets of 6

Going to be adding one more excercise to the mix per muscle group for next week. I don't think 2 of each on this day is adequate. Didn't have time to get to forearm's before they closed so will do those tomorrow. Will try to get some pics up today or tomorrow.

Here's a pic I just took. Will take some of the rest of my body hopefully tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1BMF's Halodrol Log-29bc0a4322d6.jpg  

To be completley honest I think you should make this cycle more focused on cardio!!!

Its tough to just jump into it but if you do indeed focus on cardio then your cycle will be MUCH MUCH more appe****g to your overall body comp.

Whereas if you try to focus on sheer muscle your going to be disapointed with the outcome.

All in all it will still work but your results wont be nearly as noticeable!!!

Your mind is already most likely set but if you truley can set enough determination into it then push your cardio up. The end result should really be around 45 mins at least 5 times a week. if you feel you might be hardpressed to jump right into it then start a little slower like 30 mins around 3 times a week. then each week add 5 mins to the timeframe. and bump it up another day each week.

BRING headphones because cardio is soo BORING.

you dont really even need to run either just use a brisk walk type speed. And try to jump on the elipticals its all ive ever used.

continue to lift as well and if you can indeed manage both lifting and the longer cardio factors at the end of the cycle you will weigh less weight but youll be alot leaner and the increased muscle that you put on will be a lot more noticeable.

Good luck and ill be following your log so dont lag on the updates. especially weekly weight AND BF% hook me up with both

By the way how did you measure your BF???

Alright bro that is what I am going to do. I am going to do cardio 5 days a week for 45 min and also my regular workout routine which consists of the following:

Sat - Chest, Tri's & Forearms
    Sun - Legs
    Mon - Abs
    Tues - Shoulders, Traps
    Wed - Back, Bi's, & Forearms
    Thurs & Fri - off

I switched some of my days around this week because of my buddy's bday so will update after tomorrows workout which will be the tues workout. I was planning on using a bulking diet for this cycle before doing 7-8 meals to put on muscle, but since I am now doing both what diet do you recommend? I will definitely give bf% and weight updates at least weekly. At the gym I go to they have a Tanita body composition analyzer that you step on and it prints out your stats including bf%. I am not sure how accurate those are but I am assuming it is pretty accurate. If there is anything else you guys want me to post in my updates let me know and I will try to accommadate. Oh as for day 2 on halodrol, I don't feel any difference but I did get a headache during yesterdays workout and got one today as well on my way home from work. I usually never get headaches so I am thinking it is probably either from the halo or from liver care, both of which are new substances to my body. They are not severe but annoying nontheless.

Got my bloodwork results back, my test level is 324.

Man these headaches are starting to kick my ass. On the way home from work I started getting a mild headache, which eventually went away. When I got to the gym I started with military presses and man after the first one my head started killing me. Everytime I pressed the weight up my head would fvcking kill and couldn't really focus on doing the lifts correctly so it was pretty much a wasted excercise. Luckily it wasn't as bad with the other excercises. Any ideas what I can do to get rid of it? I am sure it is the halodrol because I forgot my liver care at home and the headaches on my way home started before I took any today. Did my weekly cheat meal today, a Portillo's cheeseburger and cheese fries. Good sheit. Anyway, my workout today consisted of:

military presses - 3 sets of 6
    dumbell lateral raises - 4 sets of 6-8
    smith upright rows - 4 sets of 6-8
    barbell shrugs - 4 sets of 7-10

Didn't notice any differences yet. Gaspari claims after 72 hours a difference should be noticed so I am expecting a difference on saturdays workout. On anabolics is it a slow gradual difference or will I suddenly notice a huge difference?

Weighed in at 213.5 today. I fluctuate in weight daily so it's hard to tell whether it is water weight or muscle. I will get my bf% tomorrow. Woke up today with the same headache I went to bed with. Hoping this isn't a regular thing.

Today was chest/tri day and I added 10lbs to my skullcrushers and lying barbell tricep extensions. Got my bf% done midway through my workout and the girl did it as athletic body type and I was 213.6lb 24% bf. Last time it was done as standard and so after my workout I had her redo it at standard. I had consumed 3-4 water bottles of water in between the 2 times so my weight went up to 214.8 and bf was 29.2%. I am going to do it again tomorrow before I start working out because I think all the water I drank threw that off. There is no way I could have gained 3% bf in 5 days. Anyway here was my routine:

Assisted Dips (32lbs of assistance) - 4 sets 6-10
    Barbell Flat bench - 3 sets of 6-8 (140lbs)
    Incline Flat bench - 3 sets of 6-8 (120lbs)
    Skullcrushers - 4 sets of 6-8 (50lbs)
    Lying barbell tricep extensions (50lbs)
    Close grip benchs (90lbs)

All day yesterday I had a headached from the halo, woke up with the headache so I had to take 2 tylenols before I worked out. It's starting to come back again and am thinking I am going to get to enjoy these for the next 25 days straight. I am going to start my 5 day a week cardio this week as well. I finished working out today at 3:30 and am planning on going to do cardio at around 8:30. Tomorrows leg day so I will update again after tomorrows workout.

Just did some measurements so I can keep track of growth.

Arms- 16"
    Waist - 39"
    Chest 43"
    Legs - 26"
    Calves - 15.5"
    Forearms - 12.5"

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I will be following this thread...good luck with those headaches...

I know it hurts but dont quit!...
    Last edited by Myka; 01-21-2006 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks for the support and reply bro. It's good to know there are people actually reading this. Did cardio for an hour a while ago and burned 750 cal according to the eliptical machine. As promised, I got some more pictures of the rest of my body. I am going kinda overboard on pics but I want to be able to look back and see the difference. It's weird but I never realized how pathetic my wheels were until I started taking pictures of them. I gotta massacre those things tomorrow now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1BMF's Halodrol Log-3a4016d4328f.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-3f8f159351cf.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-06f18e9bf926.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-25a31a9a48e7.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-937a37f24578.jpg  

More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1BMF's Halodrol Log-c0ca14f33932.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-c7ca84e25681.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-c41c1f13c7c9.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-dbd1419786dd.jpg   1BMF's Halodrol Log-fee0d2e554f8.jpg  

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Im curiouse about this product! I want to get it but i want to c someones results 1st!

I finished my leg workout. Didn't notice any difference and I kinda think that yesterdays gains on my tri excercises isn't from the halodrol. Those 2 routines I seen gains on are new to my routine and I have seen increases in weight on them every week since adding them in. I think if it was the halo, I would have seen gains in all my excercises. Anyway, below is my routine, I am doing Swolecat's leg day workout.

(1st 2 excercises are supersetted)
    -Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 12-15 (50lbs) (On these I do light weight but do a 3-4 second up, 3-4 second down pace)
    -Lying Leg curl - 5 sets of 12-15 (50lbs) (On these I do light weight but do a 3-4 second up, 3-4 second down pace)
    -Squats - 5 sets of 12-15 (1st 2 were 50lbs, 2nd 2 were 70lbs, last set 90lbs) (SC recommends 20 reps each set and my legs are killing me before 20 so I tryed lower weight to try to get 20 but even with lower weight was only able to hit 20 my first set)
    -lever seated calf raises 5 sets of 18-20 (115lbs)
    -rotary calf extensions (lever seated calf extensions) 5 sets of 12-17 (210lbs)

Got my bf% done again today and am pretty bummed by the results. Done as standard I was 213.8lbs, 28.5% bf. Done as athletic I was 23.4% bf. I am dropping my diet back to my precycle diet of 5-6 meals a day, 2000-2500calories a day (was doing 7-8 meals on cycle before). Do you guys think I should be doing my bf% as athletic or standard? I'm thinking with how often I am in the gym I should be doing athletic but want to see other opinions. Got cardio in the lineup for tonight. Will update tomorrow after tomorrows workout. Time to watch the game. Later.
    Last edited by 1bmf; 01-22-2006 at 08:42 PM.

I always measure it as "athletic"... Dont get bummed...just keep working as hard as you can at cardio and weights...

Thanks bro. Well it was abs day today. Really can't comment on a difference because I haven't done ab day for a little while and haven't done it since I started on SizeOn and that sh-t makes a difference (I feel like a gaspari rep). I dropped my meals down, doing 5-6 clean meals, I think I consumed too few calories today, got to get to bed soon so don't want to do the math right now but I am figuring maybe 2000, possibly as low as 1800. I'll tell you what, cardio is a bitch after leg day. Not because of soreness, because the soreness isn't that bad yet (I stretch like a mofo after leg day), but it really takes a lot more of a toll on you. Anyway, below was my routine for today, not 100% set on my ab routine so this may change. Going to be doing a lot of research to tweak this up over the week. Anyway:

-Seated Ab Crunch (gripless) machine 4 sets of 20 (90lbs)
    -Ball crunchs (that sounds painful lol) 5 sets of 20
    -Power crunch machine (the machine you lie on and do crunches) crunches 3 sets of 20, 1 set of 15 slowed down
    -Lying leg hip raise - 3 sets of 10

Alright I have to get to bed so I will update again after tomorrows workout. Probably will get a bf% tomorrow as well.

Also, the headache problem seems to be getting better. After I took the tylenol before yesterdays workout the headache didn't really come back and I was fine all day today. I am starting to get a VERY minor and not really bothersome headache right now which is what made me think of it, but it is real minor. In the shower I added up my calories and I consumed roughly 2300 today, so not as bad as I thought, but 700 of those were from whey protein and then Dorian Yates Pro Recover I take after workouts. Another 280 were from a Dorian Yates pro meal replacement so almost half of my calories today were powderized. Alright NOW I am going to bed. Will update again tomorrow.

You shouldnt really rely on taking tylenol ed as it will also damage your liver.
    And when your taking orals its not advised.

Look into hawthorne berry extract because it is a high possibility that the headaches are blood pressure oriented.

So check out you BP often during the cycle

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Im taking promagnon 25 wich is supposed to be comparable to halodrol. Im seeing good results after only 3 days. Nothing major but i can see/feel a diff. Good luck to you on your cycle. Ive read that halodrol is stronger than promag tho

different compounds different aspects promag should technically be stronger by the way

however halos dose if 50mg and promags is only 25mg

Alright I will have to pick up some Hawthorne Berry. The headache came back full strength during my workout today. Where do I get my bp tested? Do I have to go to a doctor to get that done? Dude you are noticing big results after 3 days on promag? Damn I am on day 8 and still not noticing a huge difference (labido's up though). After reading a halo log on a different site, I am expecting to notice a noticable difference around day 10. I have a question for everyone reading this. On a lot of my workout days I don't have time to eat a meal an hour after my workout because I am going to bed about an hour to an hour an half after my workouts and dont want to eat a meal before I go to bed. Am I severly hindering my gains by not having that high protein/high carb meal? I finish every workout with Dorian Yates Pro Recover so I'm getting roughly 50g sugar and 25g of protein post workout. Let me know your opinions on that. Anyway I did shoulders and traps today and also got my bf% done. My gym uses this http://tanitascale.com/pro_scales/tbf300.html to calculate bf%. Because there is no calipers or anything, I don't know if I really trust the accuracy of this machine. If anyone knows about those kind of things, I would love to know how accurate they are before I put all my faith in its results. Anyway, here are my stats from today:

Weight: 217.0lb
    BMI: 31.1
    Fat %: 21.7
    Fat Mass: 47.0lb
    FFM: 170.0lb
    TBW: 124.4lb

If this is really accurate then I lost 1.7% body fat in 2 days. My workout for today consisted of:

Dumbell lateral raise - warmup set 10 x 15lbs, 3 sets of 6-8 (20lbs)
    Cable Upright rows - 4 sets of 6-10 (weight not labeled, just numbered 1 to 15, and I did these on 8)
    Smith Barbell Shrugs 6 sets of 6-8 (90lbs)

Had to cut my workout short today because I got out of work a little later than usual. Man I wish there was a 24 hour gym near me!!!!! Anyway let me know if you know the answer to any of my questions and I will update again tomorrow after tomorrows workout. Later

Alright did back, bi's and forearms today. My routine consisted of:

Low rows 4 sets of 7-9 (machine has weights from 1-20 and I had it on 7)
    Pulldowns - 4 sets of 7-9 (machine has weights from 1-20 and I had it on 8)
    Smith Machine Bent over rows - 4 sets of 6-8 (90lbs)
    Straight bar curls - 1 warm up set of 10 (just bar (40lb bar)) 3 sets of 5-7 (bar+10lbs)
    Hammer curls - 4 sets of 6-8 done real slow (5 seconds up, 5 down) (20lbs each arm)
    Preacher curls - 4 sets of 6-8 (40lbs+bar(think its a 15lb bar))
    Reverse preacher curls - 4 sets of 5-6 (30lbs+bar)
    Wrist curls - 4 sets of 5-7 (20lbs+bar)
    Reverse wrist curls - 4 sets of 5-6 (10lbs+bar)

Thurs and Fri are my off days so I will update again on saturday. In the meantime if anyone is able to answer any of the questions of my last post it would be greatly appreciated. Later.

First...post workout is the most important meal IMO...if I dont get enough carbs and protein post workout I am dead...shoot for 40-60grams of protein and it is an endless argumant as far as how many carbs and what kinds to take...do a search and come to your own conclusion...personally I take between 30-50 complex carbs in the form of brown rice...

Next...yes it is hindering your gains to not eat at bed time...most people eat a pro/fat meal before bed...Your body builds muscle when you are asleep...not when you are training or working...

I strongly encourage you to make these adjustments!!

go to a savon or CVS type store they will have blood pressure machines there.

And unfortuneatley those BF testers are off ALOT

but concidering you started on it might as well finish on it as well.

Ok I will have to start eating before bed then. I was under the impression that if I eat before bed it will turn to fat which was something I definitely wanted to avoid. I have been taking hawthorne for the past couple days and it is not doing the trick. Maybe it just needs more time to kick in??? Shit if those bf testers are off a lot, out of curiousity what do you guys think my bf% is based on my pics? Anyway my workout today consisted of:

Assisted Dips (22lbs of assistance) - 4 sets 6-10
    Barbell Flat bench - 4 sets of 6-8 (140lbs)
    Incline Flat bench - 4 sets of 6-8 (120lbs)
    Skullcrushers - 4 sets of 6-8 (50lbs)
    Lying barbell tricep extensions - 4 sets of 6-8 (50lbs)
    Close grip benchs - 4 sets of 5 (90lbs)

Strength isn't up any from last week???? Will update again tomorrow.

Just weighed in at 214. I will get a bf% done tomorrow. Well I am off to the tittie bar. The absolute worst thing about being on cycle is not being able to drink. I am not looking forward to being the only sober one of the group at the tittie bar!!!!!! Will post after my leg routine tomorrow.

Give the hawthorne a try for a around 5-7 days at 2000mgs and if dosent do the trick then try a baby dose of asprin the 81mg doses.

the asprin however will also cause stress on your liver....

Alright I will keep up with the hawthorne. I also took tylenol today and yesterday while working out because if I don't while working out the headaches get so bad I can't work out and what would the use of being on cycle be if I can't work out. My liver's gotta love me!!! Do you guys think the fact that I had low test levels before my cycle has anything to do with still not noticing a huge difference 13 days into my cycle? Does low test levels make AAS take longer to kick in or make them not as effective???? Anyway below is my leg routine from earlier:

(1st 2 excercises are supersetted)
    -Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 12-15 (50lbs) (On these I do light weight but do a 3-4 second up, 3-4 second down pace)
    -Lying Leg curl - 5 sets of 12-15 (50lbs) (On these I do light weight but do a 3-4 second up, 3-4 second down pace)
    -Squats - 4 sets (1st 2 were 70lb, 20 reps, 3rd was 70lbs 15 reps, last set 90lbs 15 reps) (Finally able to hit that magical 20 mark)
    -lever seated calf raises 5 sets of 18-20 (135lbs)
    -plate loaded squat presses - 5 sets of 6 (1st set 380lbs, 2nd set 470lbs, 3rd set 520lbs 4th and 5th set 560lbs)

Also found out I was incorrect with bar weights when I posted them. Big bar I use is 45lbs, smaller one is 25lbs. For squats I use a special squat bar that is pretty huge but I have no idea what weight it is.

Anyway got by bf% done today. 214.8lbs, 24.0% bf, 51.61lb fat mass. I know this machine isn't accurate, but is it at least consistent???? If it says I am up 3% am I really up 3% or could it just be that I ate a bigger meal beforehand or drank more water????

prolly just water and meals and such

This isnt a huge mass type compound either so one shouldnt expect to blow up it is more of a slow steady dry lean muscle type compound.

So your are about on par with what this compounds normal effects are 3 pound gain in around two weeks is accurate

another 2 weeks youll get another 3-5 pounds

typical gains with a milder compound such as this are typically 7-10 pounds in 4 weeks

some achieve more but many factors come into play like how close to genetic potential you are

and diet as most can gain around 15 pounds but how much of that is exactly fat you see where im going???

I don't have a lot of faith that the 3lb gain is a muscle gain though. I fluxuate in weight like you wouldn't believe. It is not uncommon for me to have a 3lb weight difference in a day. I fluxuate 4lbs from morning to night. Granted I do drink a lot of water but still it is insane how much I fluxuate. I got my weight done at the gym today and I was 217.6lbs, 21.7% bf and then about an hour later I got on my scale at home and was 221. Did abs today, not much to report on that.

What do you guys suggest for my next cycle? I was originally planning a test e cycle for my first true AAS cycle but am now wondering if I should use something that is really helpful with cutting. I want to get cut but I don't want to sacrifice putting on a lot of muscle in doing so. I would get pretty bummed if after 10 weeks of injections and all that money I wasn't a lot bigger. I started thinking maybe a test e/equipoise cycle but I know how strongly it is recommended to just run 1 thing solo your first cycle. What do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information