Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I ran 3 miles in 20:45 yesterday morning @ 228.0 pounds. I ran again last night and got 3 miles in 21:28 @ 229.8 lbs so it looks like 20:45 is my current time to beat.

Today I ran 5 miles in the morning in 36:27 @ 226 lbs - I think adding some extra distance will help keep the 3 mile run time respectable. Still looking huge and cut - and I know I am continuing to lose more fat post cutting diet by my appearance... new veins and better vascularity. The running must be helping... on top of the low volume, high intesity DC split for the resistance part...

I go on vacation in roughly 10 days - when I get back at the end of July, it's on to add 10-15 more lean pounds and sit at about 240-245 before cutting again.

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    wow that was pretty badass, I'm getting pumped to start training again, I've been on the road for the past 11 weeks and I won't be home for another 2 weeks but my roommate said hes ready to start training for fighting again and I wanna train for ski season. I've lost 22 pounds of mass since last summer (I went on lots of mountaineering trips this winter) and although my fat is 11-12% and I am in unbelieveable cardiovascular shape I look like a 151 lb weiner, I came back to this site to get advice for my recently divorced mother but after reading and looking at everyones progress I'm pretty pumped to start weight training again

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    keep up the good work bro ........ glad to hear ur dedication is paying off

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    keep up the good work bro ........ glad to hear ur dedication is paying off
    Deffinitly - even 3 weeks after stopping this CKD I am still bascially dialing it in - deffinitly maintaining. It's much easier to keep the fat off then it is to lose it Next time I do a strict cutting diet/training I want to be closer to a shredded weight... deffinitly not as smooth as I was before starting this time.

Anyway... 3 weeks post cutting cycle and I have worked my 3 mile run down to the low 20's. When my weight drops to 226 or lower I boost carbs for a day or so then bring it back down. Here is my cardiovascualr stuff since my last post.

28JUN - Run 3m 21:00 @226.0
    28JUN - Run 3m 20:59 @226.8 [increase Carbs]
    29JUN - Run 3m 21:26 @233.2
    30JUN - Run 3m 20:53 @230.4
    30JUN - Run 3m 21:14 @231.6
    02JUL - Run 3m 20:24 @230.4
    02JUL - Run 2m 13:55 rest then 2m 13:13 @230.8
    03JUL - Run 3m 20:59 @229.0
    03JUL - Run 3m 20:39 @229.0
    04JUL - Bike 50:00/900cal @225.6 [increase Carbs]
    04JUL - Run 3m 20:05 @227.6
    05JUL - Bike 40:00/714cal @225.8 [increase Carbs]
    06JUL - Run 3m 20:04 @227.0
    06JUL - Bike 60:00/1097cal @[forgot]
    07JUL - Run 3m 20:02 @224.0 [increase Carbs]

The DoggCrapp training the last few weeks has been coming along really well too - the extreme stretching is really helping as well. I am deffinitly going to start a log with this next month. I am leaving for the States this weekend - and I deffinitly need the rest at this point... the running has beatin' the shit out of my legs and the rest of me needs to regroup and recover. Of course I'll still keep my eyes peeled for an occasional squat rack but for the most part I'll spend the next few weeks taking it easy.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    very inspiring i love hard work paying off.happy lifting

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    amazing work. great job! definitely an inspiration

Posideon is offline Junior Member
    Good job, how many calories are you consuming?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Absolutely friggin' amazing!! This is a great read!!

tightprop is offline New Member
    Does it say how tall warrior is? i've been looking for it and i'm trying to figure out how tall he is at those weights.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If I remember correctly, he's right @ 6'1".

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by tightprop
    Does it say how tall warrior is? i've been looking for it and i'm trying to figure out how tall he is at those weights.
    Just about 6 feet dude... 72 inches.

gnew70 is offline New Member
    Very impressed with your results, on this diet Lyle said that males should not do this diet until they are at a certain bodyfat I believe 12% or 14% i may be wrong, but you started a little higher...so basically it doesn't really matter if your bodyfat levels are that low starting off.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Here is a little summary of thoughts I jotted down... hopefully some people can take something from this outline for the first half of my 2006... others might simply find it entertaining.

SUMMARY FAQ

Q: How did you stick to this for so long?
    A: It’s all about problem solving. I made it a routine to start the day out early and end it late with two training sessions in one day - morning cardio, evening cardio and resistance. I knew this was not a permanent lifestyle change - but rather something temporary and goal-orientated. I also had to have the support of my wife with my absences and meal planning... as well as friends not tempting me to cheating. When being strict with your diet - it’s important to separate food from social events... social events evolving food only make you hungry and lead to cravings. The diet’s predictability was the biggest addiction.

Q: Do you think dramatic changes in body composition can be made in less time?
    A: Using this method, definitely. Competitive bodybuilders have gotten shredded for contest prep in less time. I took a few weeks to tweak it and experiment with different ergogenics and training ideas. Knowing what I do now - I could have cut several weeks off of this. The tempo of this program was around 1-3 pounds per week when I really got it all figured out... this tempo cuts fat while either maintaining or adding muscle. Of course extremes can be used to push it along - like a lot of drugs.

Q: Which was more important: cardio or diet?
    A: I found that this strategy put a heavy load on both, equally. The full body workouts before the carb load and the day after, the depletion training during the week, the cardio at key times, the severely low and limited diet during the week and getting a quality refeed - it all worked together. That’s why I think this Ultimate Diet 2.0 structure works so well - training and diet are both integrated using scientific evidence and fact.

Q: Do you need to do cardio twice a day?
    A: I think this is an individual thing. The important factor is a caloric deficit. I found further depleting glycogen with more cardio to maximize the utilization of periods were circulating fats in the blood can be burned was worth the extra session. Most people can probably get away with less cardio than I did by keeping their food intake low but I got those bastard endomorphic qualities that make cardio and general energy expenditure more necessary.

Q: What diet, training or supplement mistakes did you make?
    A: On the low carb/calorie days I needed to be very careful what I ate. Carrots were even holding me back at one point. But my biggest thing was nuts. In the beginning I could get away with it because my weight was up and total calories were higher - but then I hit a bump when my bodyweight was much lower. Good fats, bad fats - whatever... fat is fat, and fat is calorie dense. Also, when carbohydrates are high - high dietary protein is less important... when carbs are low, high protein is very important. Fats during a carb load make it more fun - but make the carb load less effective... not only for glycogen replenishment but also concerning fat loss. Fructose and sucrose (half fructose) need to be watched during a carbohydrate refeed as they are inferior sources for glycogen super compensation. Fiber can also sneak up on you - I realized this after I calculated my daily fiber intake - I was hitting over 100 grams during my carb loads! Water is absolutely mandatory during a carb load if you plan on being in peak condition for your workouts... don’t try and carb load dry.

Q: Are performance enhancing drugs necessary?
    A: Not at all... although helpful. Bromocriptine helped keep appetite down and fight some of the body’s unproductive reactions to lowered calories from the beginning. After week 8, I found 12 IU of insulin helped me refeed better - faster glycogen super compensation and better strength retention. After week 16, I discovered a frontload of testosterone helped me keep dropping weight while maintaining muscle - and I feel it helped me pull my mind out of the gutter. The testosterone seemed to produce a psychological turn around from the general feeling of being over trained. Initially the testosterone lead to increased hunger and some water retention, but that went away after the first week.

Q: Do you recommend this?
    A: Definitely, certainly for anyone who has failed to get the results they want with a more traditional diet. For competitive athletes, it’s also a good opportunity to practice with carb loading since you get a shot at it every week. It is recommended you take a few weeks of moderate carb before beginning a CKD like this.

Q: Do you have an outline set up for changes you made and the results?
    A: Absolutely! Pfft....

WEEK 1 -3.8

WEEK 2 +4.2 -5.6 (net -1.4)

WEEK 3 +6.2 -9.7 (net -3.5)
    [INCREASED BROMOCRIPTINE TO 5MG ED DURING LOW CARB AND 3.75MG OTHERWISE]

WEEK 4 +9.5 -10.2 (net -0.7) CARDIO: 415min/5390cal

WEEK 5 +6.6 -8 (net -1.4) CARDIO: 455min/6018cal

WEEK 6.5 POST VACATION +4 -6 (net -2)
    [DROPPED BROMO TO 3.75MG ED]

WEEK 7 +5.8 -5.8 (net 0) CARDIO: 350min/4827cal
    [INCREASED HYDROXYCUTS TO FOUR PREWORKOUT]

WEEK 8 +5.6 -6.2 (net -0.6) CARDIO: 405min/5617cal
    [STOPPED THYROXINE, LOWERED CALORIES SOME MORE ON LOW CARB DAYS, STARTED INSULIN AND 75MG PROVIRON ON CARB LOAD, BROMOCRIPTINE BACK UP TO 5MG/3.75MG]

WEEK 9 +6 -10.4 (net -4.4) CARDIO: 480min/6602cal
    [FURTHER DROPPED LOW CARB DAY CALORIES]

WEEK 10 +9.8 -13.4 (net -3.6) CARDIO: 465min/6404cal
    [STARTED ALPHA LIPOIC ACID]

WEEK 11 +9.8 -11 (net -1.2) CARDIO: 540min/7502cal

WEEK 12 +9.6 -15.4 (net -5.8) CARDIO: 525min/7319cal
    [DROPPED PROVIRON TO 50MG ED]

WEEK 13 +12.8 -9.8 (net +3) CARDIO: 250min/3662cal
    [NO AM CARDIO, STOPPED ALPHA LIPOIC ACID]

WEEK 14 +8.2 -11.2 (net -3) CARDIO: 230min/3438cal

WEEK 15+7.8 -10.2 (net -2.4) CARDIO: 370min/5500cal
    [STARTED TESTOSTERONE AT 250MG E4D WITH FRONTLOAD, STOPPED PROVIRON, RESUMED AM CARDIO]

WEEK 16+10.2 -4.2 (net +6) CARDIO: 400min/5738cal
    [BROMOCRIPTINE IS KEPT AT 5MG ED]

WEEK 17+5.8 -11.2 (net -5.4) CARDIO: 370min/5660cal

WEEK 18+11 -11 (net 0) CARDIO: 460min/6666cal
    [ADDING INSULIN TO CARB/CREATINE LOADED ROUTINE, 10GM BCAA PREWORKOUT, RAISE BROMOCRIPTINE TO 6.25MG/5MG]

WEEK 19+9 -8 (net +1) CARDIO: 510min/7571cal
    [INCREASED HYDROXYCUTS TO FIVE PREWORKOUT]

WEEK 20+7.2 -10.8 (net -3.6) CARDIO: 475min/7274cal

WEEK 21 +10.2 -17.6 (net -7.4) CARDIO: 540min/8770cal
    [DROPPED BROMO AND HYDROXYCUTS, STARTED BUTALIN AND THERMOGAIN]

just wanted to put up this old thread so can go over it in better detail.
    just an awesome job!!

kkrausz is offline Junior Member
    great cycle log and great results!!

jp7499 is offline New Member
    great job bro.......

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    excellent results, good job warrior.

JackBauer is offline Associate Member
    great work! awesome transformation

reconforce4 is offline Associate Member
    keep us informed

BoxerTricks07 is offline Junior Member
    your well dedicated mate i think your a credit to this site with great commitment well done mate

takincareofbusiness is offline Associate Member
    Wow! Great discipline! Very inspiring! Thanks!

quad1 is offline New Member
    Hello to everyone over here and gratz to warrior for his achievement!
    I've been reading most of the Ultimate diet 2.0 results over here for the past two days and yesterday I bought the book, but I have a really silly problem.
    I live in Bulgaria and I have a really hard time scheduling my diet.
    Most of the food sold here doesnt give you any idea of the cal/carbs/fat that it contains and the meals that you give as an example of what you eat during this diet don't ring a bell at all. I have no idea what they are.
    Anyone from Europe/Eastern Europe arround here who could help me out ?
    I'd appreciate it.
    Or if you could please make some really basic food schedule for me?
    I need to go with 1500/cal per day on low carb day
    50-80 grams of carbohydrates
    200 grams of protein

ar-gun is offline Junior Member
    Very inspirational!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    wow i havent seen this post in well a lil over 2 years...yes it was a nice post/story....hows warrior doing havent seen him post

shame a good thread like this gets bumped by S O T E

AmsterdamsFinest is offline New Member
    good stuff! 5 years later pics?

Crazyltn187 is offline New Member
    great work... and neat post

yes it was a great post..

look at dates..warrior hasnt made a post in years

Darfus is offline New Member
    Use clen to drop insane amounts of fat! I'm about to start my own clen cycle with other supplements.

bbadger22 is offline New Member
    Hi Thanks for your report. I was wondering if you try to go in to ketosis , and if you check for keytones when you are low carbing. thanks

jedax is offline Junior Member
    i've read all but couldnt catch was the morning cardio with empty stomach

gotta use stickem
    Attachment 132895

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    gotta use stickem
    Attachment 132895
    what do u mean?

what did u mean?

if morning cardio was fasted cardio or not that what i meant

Quote Originally Posted by jedax View Post
    if morning cardio was fasted cardio or not that what i meant
    most people do fasted cardio...i followed this post (when it was made 6 years ago) and it was very inspirational but i dont remember that aspect....did you notice the op(warrior) hasnt posted in years?

yea i noticed.even last post was in 2011 was he on any aas during this cycle because i want to lower my bodyfat to do my first cycle but dont wanna lose muscle mass becauseof fasted cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by jedax View Post
    yea i noticed.even last post was in 2011 was he on any aas during this cycle because i want to lower my bodyfat to do my first cycle but dont wanna lose muscle mass becauseof fasted cardio.
    i forget if aas was used but it was indeed a very step by step thread/journal and i was super impressed with the results....he looked bigger at a much lower weight...i know that doesnt surprise many here but it just sunk in how lean looks big

check out the appropriate forums diet, aas, etc. to find out the best answers to your ?'s bro...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    i forget if aas was used but it was indeed a very step by step thread/journal and i was super impressed with the results....he looked bigger at a much lower weight...i know that doesnt surprise many here but it just sunk in how lean looks big

check out the appropriate forums diet, aas, etc. to find out the best answers to your ?'s bro...good luck
    thanks a lot.

slovessheela is offline New Member
    I need some too...please
    I have been working out for about a year now. First did a lot of cardio and let carbs out of my diet. Lost 12 kgs/ 26 pounds. Everyone said that I don't look good and need to bulk up. Started to do that a few months back and back to my previous weight of 187 pounds. However, Don't seem to like what I see in the mirror. I do have some mass on my arms and chest but still don't like the overall picture. Whatever, I have been doing I do it through my own reading and wits. This is what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks:

Sunday - Chest & Back - Four sets each - Bench, Incline Bench, Decline bench and Incline Fly
    Four sets each - Barbell row, T Bar row, One arm dumbbell row and Hyperextension
    Abs any four items for 15-20 mins ----- Stretch.

Monday - Shoulders and Arms - Five Sets - Military Press (Last set drop down), Four sets - DB Shoulder press, Two Sets - Front Raises, Four sets - Side Raises, Four Sets - Bent Over Raises, Two Sets - Upright Rows, Five Sets - Shrugs (Last Set drop down)
    Five Sets each - Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls (Last set drop down)
    Five Sets Each - Tricep Pushdown, Lying Extension (Last Set drop down)--------Abs 10-15 mins ----Stretch

Tuesday - Legs -- Five sets of Squats --- Four sets - Leg press---Three sets - Leg Extensions--- Four sets - Leg Curl --- Weighted Lunges - 30 -40 each leg.------Abs 15-20 mins----Stretch

Wednesday - Chest and Back - Four sets each - DB Press, Incline DB Press, Decline DB Press, Flat DB Fly
    Four sets each - Reverse pull down, V Bar pull down, Lat Extension, Seated Row (Last set drop down)-----Abs 15-20 mins --------Stretch

Thursday - Shoulder and Arms - Four sets each - Behind the neck press, Machine Behind the neck press, Three sets each - Side Raises, Side Cable Raises, Rear Machine, Four sets - Behind Shrugs
    Four sets each - DB Curl, Machine Preacher Curl (Last set drop down), Hammer Curl
    Four sets each - Standing Barbell Extension, DB Kicks, Tricep Push Down---------Abs 10-15 mins-------Stretch.

I am thinking of incorporating some AM Cardio 15-20 mins (Jogging) with this because of my belly pooch. Can you guys tell me if it is alright or do I need to do something else. My demographics
    Weight - 187 lbs
    Height - 5 feet 10 inches
    Waist - 34.5 inches

johnC80 is offline Junior Member
    This is one of my favorite threads on the site. Is Warrior still around?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information