Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle

Warrior's Drop-20-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle
    UD2/GBC+Bromo

I have been working on stripping some fat off my red meat for over a month now with the basic cardio/weights and a 40-30-30 caloric deficit - but I have moved into a more, less comfortable, phase in which I want to drop about 20 pounds of fat while retaining as much lean weight as possible. Started before at 268 - starting this at 263... want <245... with minimal strength/muscle loss...

I figured posting this journal would help me keep my eyes on the prize while showing you (and me ) how I have organize my training/diet... and supplementing it with progress photos. All comments welcome!

The Diet
    My diet schedule is based on Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 - McDonald's latest version of this diet. Originally released 20 years ago - and way ahead of it's time back then - is basically an updated BodyOpus-type system... but out of respect for the late Duchaine (and to keep from getting sued), McDonald refers to it as an updated Ultimate Diet (what BodyOpus was based on). It uses periods of low carbs (about 10-20% total calories) with carb load phases of around 24-30 hours. Basically my days are outlined like this:

Low Carb (3 days): around 10-20% total calories from carbohydrates. Basically meats, eggs and fibrous veggies. About 1600-1800 calories a day.

Preload Carb (1 day): Same as Low Carb day but about 75 percent less calories during the day. Preload begins in the PM with 30grams of Carbs pre-workout, Carb/Pro mix post-workout and then a 40-30-30 dinner.

Carb Load (1 day): An all-out binge of carbs/protein and (for the most part) unsaturated fats. About 5000-6000 calories per day as a goal - eating once every 2 hours with high GI carbs in the morning. Creatine Monohydrate will also be loaded here.

60-25-15 (1 day): 60 percent carbs and 25 percent protein and 15 percent fat. About 3000 calories per day depending on cardio.

40-30-30 (1 day): 40 percent carbs and 30 percent protein and 30 percent fat. About 3000 calories per day depending on cardio.
    I am starting this diet with 4 days Low Carb, 1 day Preload Carb then 1 day Carb Load followed by a day of 60-35-15 and a day of 40-30-30. I will evaluate it from there... trying to maximize fat loss with muscle/strength retention...

The Sups
    Aside from MutiVitamin/Min (currently using MegaMen Sport) and EFA's(EPO), I am taking around 10g of Vitamin C per day, >50g of L-Glutamine post-workout and 10g of Glutamine before bed. 200mcg of L-Thyroxine and 3 Hydroxycuts in the morning with 3 Hydroxycuts pre-workout too. I am also using McDonald's recommendation of Bromocriptine - at 3.75mg on low carb days and 5mg on the other days... and administered in the AM only to prevent undesirable side effects. The Bromocriptine is suppose to work by tricking the body into thinking there is no starvation during caloric deficits by interaction with the dopamine receptors in the brain - thus resulting in better food partitioning during low calories intake, as well as caloric surpluses/refeeds. During the Preload Carb and Carb Load days I will creatine load with Cell Tech.

Also, I might experiment with 100mg of Proviron during the Low Carb days... but first I want to see how everything goes without it...

The Training
    I am applying German Body Composition (GBC) training as outlined by the great strength coach, Charles Poliquin. It is based on short rest intervals to increase production of lactate, which leads to dramatic increases in endogenous GH thus resulting in greater body fat loss. McDonald recommends this training method with his diet. On the Preload Carb day, I will do a Glycogen Depletion Routine, a full body workout to try and completely deplete muscular glycogen... maximizing sensitivity in all muscle groups prior to ingesting simple carbs. Then a day after loading - on a 60-25-15 day, I will do a Carb/Creatine Loaded Routine, another full body power routine prior to beginning another depletion phase.

I will illustrate training progress (or digress) using a basic power index equation for the same core movements every workout. (LOAD*REPS)SETS=TOTAL then TOTAL/MINUTES= "X pounds/min" This method won't bore you with too many figures but tell you exactly how strength is effected using the load and time variables.

Time spent doing cardio will depend on a few things: sleep patterns at night, enough extra time during the day, key opportunities for fat loss or further glycogen deplenishment and overall "feel" or signs to prevent a serious case of over training.

NOTE: Since I will be doing two different whole body workouts per week... the depletion training I do on low carb days will be for prioritized muscle groups... the others will be maintained using the whole-body routines. Arms are what I have been trying to really beef up - so they will usually be trained during the low carb week. Legs need some more definition - leg mass has been a family pass-on - so they will usually see training too. Chest and back are not a real concern at this point - since I feel both are doing well. But I will push them more if they fall behind in the power/strength workouts (Carb/Creatine Loaded Routines).

The Advance GBC Program
    This program will be divided into these bodypart sections. I will continue to use the same movements for each muscle group, but may change the combinations. Giant sets are grouped in sequence by letters and performed in order by number.

Chest and Back
    Chest
    A1: (6) Flat Barbell Press
    Rest 10 seconds
    A2: (12) 45 Degree Incline Dumbell Press
    Rest 10 seconds
    A3: (25) 30 Degree Incline Dumbell Flye
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times
    Back
    B1: (6) Wide Grip Pull Ups
    Rest 10 seconds
    B2: (12) Bent Barbell Rows
    Rest 10 seconds
    B3: (25) Close Grip Front Pulldowns
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times

Legs
    Quads
    A1: (6) Full Barbell Squats
    Rest 10 seconds
    A2: (12) Hammer Hack Squats
    Rest 10 seconds
    A3: (25) Hammer Quad Extensions
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times
    Hams
    B1: (6) Hammer Leg Curls
    Rest 10 seconds
    B2: (12) Romanian Deads
    Rest 10 seconds
    B3: (25) Back Extensions
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times

Arms and Shoulders
    Delts
    A1: (6) Front Military Press
    Rest 10 seconds
    A2: (12) Standing Dumbell Laterals
    Rest 10 seconds
    A3: (25) Standing Upright Rows
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times
    Triceps
    B1: (6) Flat Close Grip Presses
    Rest 10 seconds
    B2: (12) Incline Tricep Extensions
    Rest 10 seconds
    B3: (25) Standing Rope Extensions
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times
    Biceps
    C1: (6) Incline Dumbell Curls
    Rest 10 seconds
    C2: (12) Standing Barbell Curls
    Rest 10 seconds
    C3: (25) Standing Reverse Grip Cambered Curls
    Rest 2 minutes
    Repeat 3 times

The Glycogen Depletion Routine
    [font=Arial][color=#000000]This routine is using SETSXREPS and will always use the same movements and target reps in the same order to completely exhaust the whole body prior to the refeed.
    (2X15) Full Barbell Squats
    (2X10) Hammer Leg Curls
    (2X15) Hammer Quad Extensions
    (2X20) Seated Calve Raise
    (2X12) Barbell Bench Press
    (2X12) Bent Barbell Rows
    (2X12) Military Front Press
    (2X15) Close Grip Pulldowns
    (2X10) Incline Tricpes Extensions
    (2X10) Standing Barbell Curls
    (2X20) Back Extensions
    (2X20) Rope Crunches

The Carb/Creatine Loaded Routine

This routine is illustrated like the previous (SETSXREPS) and will always use the same movements with the targeted reps. The Power Index may vary quite a bit with these due to the more relaxed rest intervals. The main goal of this routine is to move heavier weight - AKA, strength training.

(5X6) Full Barbell Squats
    (5X3) Rack Dead Lifts
    (5X5) Barbell Bench Press

There ya have it - my standard outline for this cycle.
    "BEFORE" pics---
    Big jon85 likes this.

10JAN06
    Bodyweight 263

13JAN06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 20min (255cal) BW/260.6 (unexpected drop!)
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 1343 pounds/min
    Hams: Power Index 1409 pounds/min

14JAN06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    No P/T

15JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (755cal) BW/261.8
    PM: 25min (341cal) BW/264.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 731 pounds/min
    Triceps: Power Index 790 pounds/min
    Biceps: Power Index 553 pounds/min

Shoulders felt great - nice pump that was hard to lose. Triceps felt like they were going to snap right off - got some great focus. Biceps felt weak.

16JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (750cal) BW/262.2

17JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (760cal) BW/262.2
    PM: 30min (395cal) BW/261.2
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 670 pounds/min
    Back: Power Index 1199 pounds/min

Chest and back are having a hard time keeping up with the short rest intervals. Hopefully this will improve. And the several days of low carb is affecting strength and being able to gain/hold a pump.

18JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    No P/T

I feelin' kinda weak today - can't wait until tomorrow's taste of a refeed... Arms did not get that sore today - not like the last time I did a GBC workout for them.

19JAN06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (690cal) BW/258.0
    PM: 20min (270cal) BW/260.2
    The Glycogen Depeletion Routine
    Power Index 1040.1 pounds/min

The evening's PWO mix of fruits, sugars, CellTech and Glutamine hit me like a rock...

20JAN06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I feel really full... and sick. Kinda wondering if the increase in Bromocriptine today (up 1.75 for 5mg) is effecting my appetite since I really need to force myself to keep the calories coming in. But I definitely filled back out by the PM... if it wasn't for the rock in my stomach I would be ready to lift a house!

21JAN06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (725cal) BW/262.0
    PM: 20min (290cal) BW/264.4
    Power Index 360 pounds/min

Felt really good in the gym - pumped up and focused... however, I had a poor nights sleep due to recent long work hours - so I'll be looking forward to my next chance at this next week.

22JAN06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (870cal) BW/262.2

Still getting shitty sleep hopefully I can make up some ZZZ's tonight as I return to a normal work schedule - and there is no evening training today.

23JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (798cal) BW/262.4
    PM: 25min (352cal) BW/263.4
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 716 pounds/min -15
    Triceps: Power Index 847 pounds/min +57
    Biceps: Power Index 644 pounds/min +91

Felt pretty good today. I need to drop the load for biceps next time - to see if this helps me maintain a better pump. But they were stronger than last time.

24JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 25min (370cal) BW/262.2
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 1792 pounds/min +449
    Hams: Power Index 1615 pounds/min +206

25JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (765cal) BW/260.4
    PM: 45min (635cal) BW/259.4

26JAN06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (800cal) BW/256.6
    PM: 25min (310cal) BW/257.0
    Power Index 880.9 pounds/min -159.2

Felt really depleted today. I was shaking simply writing out the routine on the squat rack. I think the nearly 2 hours of cardio the day before really brought my blood sugar down. I started to get pretty sick when beginning back - but the feeling was avoidable. Someone asked, "how the hell do you have the energy to do all those major lifts in one workout?" lol...

My power index went down but I did lift heavier weights this week. I was probably taking to long in between sets trying to find my way around - have been feelin' the effects of no carbs all day. I had to wait on at least one station too... for instance, someone doing really slow lat pull downs held me up.

27JAN06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle-26012006spread.jpg  

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck man...
    Shit.. forget that.. you don't need luck

I'm following this log.. all excited like

~Nark

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Good luck bro.

Happy shredding

Thanks guys - here is another week...

28JAN06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 15min (200cal) BW/265.2
    Power Index 431 pounds/min +71

I worked out earlier in the evening and couldn't get my stomach settled too well for the training. These carb days are really becoming a problem due to the rock I get in my stomach with slow digestion and feeling generally tired. But I filled right out - I couldn't do too much cardio today, but I was able to increase the power index as a result. More comments today too. Somone said, "You're lookin' good recently. Before you were big - but now you are getting some deffinition..."

29JAN06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (810cal) BW/262.8
    PM: 40min (568cal) BW/263.4
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 743 pounds/min +27
    Triceps: Power Index 982 pounds/min +134
    Biceps: Power Index 603 pounds/min -41

I am at about the same weight as I was last weekend. But in the mirror I appear like I have switched fat for muscle. Hopefully I can get down to 255 this week...

Starting Bromocriptine @ 5mg ED...

30JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (827cal) BW/262.2
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 640 pounds/min -30
    Back: Power Index 1225 pounds/min +26

Right knee is getting tender during cardio.

An uprising at the gym is forming from me using the GBC type training. I usually tie up multiple pieces of equipment with this system and they are not use to that. The irony is that I tie up this equipment for 10-12 minutes - tops. And they will grab a machine for 20-30 minutes and train their mouths more than than bodies. Dumb fuks...

31JAN06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (673cal) BW/257.4
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 1386 pounds/min -406
    Hams: Power Index 1895 pounds/min +280

Right knee is getting very sensitive today. I don't think it is from the Squats or from my foot stance on the Hack Squat since I have learned the critical angle for those movements. I think my right knee is getting aggrevated by the stationary bike since I have been using it a lot with a decent amount of resistance to increase heart rate and energy expenditure. I will eventually need to incorporate another form of cardio - such as jogging, the eliptical machine or running.

01FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (684cal) BW/254.3

Knee felt better today... but feeling really worn out from the extra training day on Sunday. I might have to do the Duchaine method during the carb load by waking up in the middle of the night to be sure I get a good refeed in this week. Bodyweight dropped quite significantly this week... so the toss up is whether the extra workout on Sunday is worth the added depletion. I'll have to check and see how strength is affected on the depletion routine tomorrow morning...

02FEB06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 40min (522cal) BW/253.1
    PM: 30min (392cal) BW/256.0
    Power Index 980.7 pounds/min +99.8

I was very worn out during the day but caught a second wind prior to the evening workout. I got really shaky half way through the workout again. Upon completion I had managed to increase the power index but I was very light headed and nautious. The refeed PWO drink helped a little - and the feeling passed about 20 mikes post-workout. I will not be looking forward to a similar feeling next week... so I will try some more water during the day. I also took an Animal Pak about 1.5 hours prior - I won't do that next week.

The evening meal gave me a bad stomach pain. I did not wake up in the middle of the night for a carb drink... too damn tired...

I was all the way down to 253 this morning - next week's goal will be in the 240's...

03FEBJAN06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

Alcatraz1 is offline New Member
    excellent post
    keep it up man

Thanks... here is Week 4

04FEB06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 40min (552cal) BW/259.4
    Power Index 357 pounds/min -74

Increased total load but also increased rest intervals so I lost on the total power index. Unexpected weight increase - but visually, making improvements.

05FEB06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    No P/T

06FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (802cal) BW/262.6
    PM: 50min (670cal) BW/261.0
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 614 pounds/min -129
    Triceps: Power Index 831 pounds/min -151
    Biceps: Power Index 601 pounds/min -2

Again, increased total load but also increased rest intervals so I lost on the total power index.

07FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (774cal) BW/257.6
    PM: 55min (695cal) BW/256.6
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 1663 pounds/min +277
    Hams: Power Index 1833 pounds/min -62

Increased quad pushing strength but lost out on the hams well trying to increase the load - again I took more time to accomplish the heavier load. Bodyweight back down.

08FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (695cal) BW/254.8

09FEB06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (700cal) BW/252.4
    PM: 40min (502cal) BW/254.6
    Power Index 861.6 pounds/min -119.1

10FEBJAN06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T
    Went out for my birthday party tonight.

And... Week 5

11FEB06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    No P/T
    Took a day of rest because of my birthday party last night.

12FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (760cal) BW/259.0
    PM: 55min (755cal) BW/259.4
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 549 pounds/min -91
    Back: Power Index 1403 pounds/min +178

13FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (682cal) BW/258.0
    PM: 50min (665cal) BW/258.8
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2010 pounds/min +347
    Hams: Power Index 1961 pounds/min +128

Legs have been growing very well, despite the caloric restrictions. But I haven't worked them this much in awhile... they have never really been a weak point as far as size.

14FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (614cal) BW/256.8

15FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (650cal) BW/256.2
    PM: 40min (550cal) BW/256.8
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 540 pounds/min -74
    Triceps: Power Index 936 pounds/min +105
    Biceps: Power Index 675 pounds/min +74

Despite the decline in calculated power output the last few weeks - limit strength for Delts have been showing no decline... I may be trying to add too much weight too soon to get the higher power output. Going to go one extra day low carb this week.

16FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (736cal) BW/252.2.

17FEB06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 45min (606cal) BW/251.0
    Power Index 1059.6 pounds/min +198

A good day to wrap up the week. And at least 10 pounds down in 5 weeks... not bad - I would venture to say nearly all of that 10 pounds has been fat.

18FEBJAN06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

BTW - I am writing this on 17FEB, a forecast if ya will... I will be taking next week off and will follow a 40-30-30 diet. I am traveling to Lebanon today and probably need the rest anyhoo. I will return to this routine when I return from the short vacation - picking it back up no later than 25FEB.

When I come back to this next week I will up my calories with protein's and unsaturated fat during the low carb depletion days... especially for the days where I am getting in two cardio sessions total ing over 90 minutes for the day. I will keep up with the Bromocriptine at 5mg per day and Vitamin C at around 10g's... as well as using Glutamine PWO and before bed. The post workout 40-50g's of Glutamine has been fantastic in helping to restore energy levels without sugars or other carbohydrates.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle-16feb2006.jpg  

I'm keeping up with this log (tho some of it admittedly goes way over my head )

Noticeable progress Warrior.. you're looking hella leaner... and your pecs look like they've grown

~Nark

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Awsome progress.

k_i_l_o_g7 is offline Junior Member
    i'm bookmarking this one dude, i'ma cut here shortly and i'm sooo ste****g yrou ideas!!

cnepp is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k_i_l_o_g7
    i'm bookmarking this one dude, i'ma cut here shortly and i'm sooo ste****g yrou ideas!!
    haha effing right!

Great log, I am definantly keeping up with this. I can def. see a difference in the two sets of photos - keep it up.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    nice man, ill be followin.

Week 6.5 (post vaccation)

22FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (883cal) BW/258.8
    AM: 60min (899cal) BW/258.8

After a short vaccation I am back at it. I got a lot of rest and some expensive buffets... and sushi! I probably ate too much on vaccation...

Anyway... after the break I descided to begin again low carb with two 60 minute cardio sessions to get me right into depletion. I was able to really push myself today due to the rest and food I have been taking in.

23FEBJAN06

Diet - Low Carb
    No P/T

I am dropping Bromo back down to 3.75mg during the day because it is really killing my appetite and leaving me feeling literally sick of food. I may try and go back up to 5mg after breakfast later on...

24FEB06

Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (615cal) BW/253.8
    Power Index 899.0 pounds/min -160.6

Trying to get into my regular 7-day routine, I decided to hit a morning depletion routine today and then begin the carb load right after - the training this morning (as opposed to the usual evenings) was exhausting. I will be back on my regular 7-day schedule after this weekend. Sunday I will skip the 60-25-15 day and move right into low carb after doing 60-25-15 tomorrow.

25FEBJAN06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    No P/T

Again, I choose to not load today because of the early start on a carb load yesterday - due to the early morning routine.

26FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (850cal) BW/255.0
    PM: 30min (451cal) BW/256.2
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 573 pounds/min +24
    Back: Power Index 1375 pounds/min -28

I am moving right into a 40-30-30 day to begin my original 7-day depletion/loading routine.

27FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 55min (665cal) BW/253.0
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2340 pounds/min +330
    Hams: Power Index 1652 pounds/min -309

Quads did really well today - mostly from a big jump in the Hammer Hack Squat. Hams should nearly the same - but in the wrong direction. I increased the load on all Hamstring movements, and droped the reps - hopefully next time I can keep the load the same and increase the reps... while finishing in the same time frame - which will mean I will need to decrease how much time I am taking for rest intervals... and increase my rep tempo a bit.

I felt sick and real tired today after training. I also took the Bromo in the late morning and found out why it is suggested to take it before 9AM - the hard way. Unfortunately I had a morning obligation that delayed things. It simply had more profound effects on appetite and nausea on into the evening.

28FEB06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (715cal) BW/249.0
    PM: 40min (562cal) BW/250.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 801 pounds/min +261
    Triceps: Power Index 838 pounds/min -98
    Biceps: Power Index 649 pounds/min -26

249 is pretty good for a Tuesday morning. I am pretty sure I will get down to 245-246 by the end of this week considering what I have learned from previous week's tempos.

Tonight I felt shakey in my hands while writing down my plan of attack for the training... probably lack of glucose. I finally got my Delt strength up and out of the gutter - but it was at the expense of Tricep pushing power. And by the time Biceps got their attention - my arms were feeling pretty drained. I must consider doing this workout earlier in the week or my Bicep training could continue with a major handicap... but by reviewing this log I can see biceps haven't detrained; actually increased power output a little.

01MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (738cal) BW/247.4

Interesting enough, I just realized that the early pain I developed with my knee during cardio is gone - I am not performing it any less or with less resistance... if anything, more. So I'll count my blessings that it didn't aggrevate further. I increased Bromo to 5mg today since there are no PM workouts and its my last Low Carb day... just need to, basically stay hungry.

02MAR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (747cal) BW/249.0
    PM: 45min (590cal) BW/250.8
    Power Index 1148.4 pounds/min +249.4

Wow - jumped back up to 250 today... but also gained some strength. Not sure how that happened. It could have been from an increase in sodium... or perhaps an increase size of a major group of muscles - quads, hams and glutes - legs did increase in strength. I feel pretty good about still hitting 246 sometime next week. Limit strength increased on several lifts today... gaining strength while dieting - can't argue with that!

I dropped Bromo back down to 3.75mg - safe to say I will continue to hoover around 3.75-5mg ED except on carb loading days.

I felt better than usual today, wasn't shaking during the workout and didn't get too nauseated - still unclear exactly what cause this turn-around. I hope that server brought me a DIET Coke like I asked for with the chicken and salad I ate last night... that could have f'ed things up for sure... a big old Coke while training to stay keto... who knows...

03MAR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

No Bromo, no Hydroxycuts... just a general refeed day.

In retrospect I think my forecasting getting down to 246 this week may have been hampered by trying to compare what has been my normal tempo with doing things abnormal. I didn't have much of a carb up last weekend because of my choice of transition coming off vacation. I also missed the power, carb-loaded routine last week. I will get a solid carb up today, 60-25-15 tomorrow and then 40-30-30 Sunday to get me set up for another low carb keto week. This week it's on - everything is lined back up.

BTW - if you guys follow this as well, I'll be expecting some PM's regarding your progress!
    I'd like to hear how well you do...

Week 7

04MAR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (391cal) BW/253.4
    Power Index 347 pounds/min -10

Limit strength increased on Flat Presses and Squats but I lost points on the Deadlift. This is the first Carb/Creatine Loaded Routine I have done in a few weeks due to external commitments (vaccation and birthday), so it has been a month since I have Deadlift'ed at all - so I can live with shaving 10 pounds/min off the score... but next week I need to be more prepared to kick some ass on it.

Looking back at yesterday, I think my unusual weight increase at the end of my depletion week could have been from an increase in artificial sweetners (no sodium, but salt moieties amounting to table salt equivalents) via some Crystal Light On the Go packs I have been adding to bottled water - this week I will not drink them at all. Also, I had an extreme case of gas yesterday (Carb Load day) from the food I was taking in - I must find an antacid product for next week because it is really making it difficult to get all the required calories in and still carry on through out the day.

05MAR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (864cal) BW/254.8
    PM: 50min (768cal) BW/254.8

Increasing Hydroxycuts to four before morning and evening training.

06MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 50min (668cal) BW/254.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 579 pounds/min -222
    Triceps: Power Index 957 pounds/min +119
    Biceps: Power Index 659 pounds/min +10

I lost the higher Delt power I got from last week's training while trying to increase the load numbers today... oh well.

Vasuclarity is still improving and I am getting the "I can see it in your face" comments outside the gym. I can deffinitly see new vascularity and deffinition in the gym.

Weight loss seems to reaching a plateau (or at least not as dramatic as it has been) - I might consider making some changes to my diet or adding in some Proviron soon. Otherwise this training program could need to be reorganized... however, I would like to stick this out for at least two more weeks.

Due to early work commitments this week, I do not have the opportunity for the AM cardio - so I am curious to how that will effect my numbers as well. The extra cardio with limited calories could have been putting my system into a starvation panic anyway - but the Bromo is suppose to help with that... I am going to try and keep the dose at 5mg as much as possible. Some Proviron at this point should also help keep endogenous androgens from dropping.

07MAR06

Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 55min (710cal) BW/250.8
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2050 pounds/min -290
    Hams: Power Index 1777 pounds/min +125

Quad power got hampered by it taking 3 extra minutes to finish the workout. Apparently I got a little sluggish today. I tried to increase the load on Squats - so that could have led to me adding longer rest intervals between the giant sets. I felt better on for the hamstrings and made improvements on the Stiff-leg Deadlifts.

08MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 60min (812cal) BW/248.6

09MAR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 45min (614cal) BW/249.0
    Power Index 1153.5 pounds/min +5.1

Felt pretty good again this week. Bodyweight still sticking at around 250 - I think my system is starting to figure out what is going on here. But it's apparent fat has been getting replaced with muscle.

10MAR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

Less gas problems than last week - but still a consistent problem... didn't use any antacids or anything. I think it may be a food allergy to something I am eating during the carb load. I didn't drink any Crystal Light this week and didn't really notice any difference - thank God, Crystal Light is like crack when avoiding carbs

goose is offline Banned
    Great thread,nice work.

goose...

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    job well done, keep it up......

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Wow, this is a very impressive log. Can someone fill me in on the power indexes he refers to?

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    Great log..some of it is french to me but i will follow it till the end...want to see the final product...keep it up

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    hows that GBC coming along warrior ????

Thanks guys! Here is Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Wow, this is a very impressive log. Can someone fill me in on the power indexes he refers to?

Sorry if the following sounds a bit patronizing but I am trying to generate a visual image here...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I will illustrate training progress (or digress) using a basic power index equation for the same core movements every workout. (LOAD*REPS)SETS=TOTAL then TOTAL/MINUTES= "X pounds/min" This method won't bore you with too many figures but tell you exactly how strength is effected using the load and time variables."

Let's say you are a heavy machine operator. You have machine ALPHA and machine BRAVO. Machine ALPHA can push 400 stones. Machine BRAVO can push 300 stones. Which machine is more powerful? ALPHA you say? Well, lets look at this from a more wholistic approach. When performed continuously, machince ALPHA can push 400 stones once every minute... which equated to a power output of 400 stones per minute. Machine BRAVO pushes 300 stones once every 40 seconds... which equals to about 450 stones per minute... (load*repitions)/time. I will take machine B.

Muscle groups will generate a higher power output with different mixtures of reps and rest intervals. This is very indvidualistic. I once new a guy back in Vegas who had a back that recovered so fast from high rep work that he could do a set of 20 rep pull downs - rest about 30 seconds - then do it again with the same reps... and this was training to concentric failure. I was shocked at how fast he could recover. For him to get a high power index - he would have to keep his rest intervals really short - or he would be wasting a greater training stimilus.

This can be of less importance when strength training. In fact, I would suggest not using this method - but work purely on getting limit strength up... not toal power output using rest intervals as an important variable. During a strength training cycle, geared strictly for getting stronger on the major lifts, you're goal is less on depleting the muscle of all its nutrients while pushing it to the max... but preference lies more in working the anerobic, less oxidative, fast twitch muscle fibers AND the central nervous systems ability to work with heavier weights.

If this idea doesn't make much sense to you, goes against your beaten train of thought or just pisses you off in general - I am not preaching you to use it... but I will, it has worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    hows that GBC coming along warrior ????
    As you can see, GBC integrated with this CKD has helped recompose my body pretty well - dropping fat while not only retaing muscle - but frequently getting stronger as well. As I sit here my pants are all bunched up and loose - yet I was still able to push 315 for 12 reps on the flat press during a depletion routine last night.

Been big - was up near 275 pounds in December! Now I need to be big and lean... makes it easier to put the pants on in the morning - and tie my shoes

11MAR06

Diet
    - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (418cal) BW/255.8
    Power Index 471 pounds/min +124

Feeling a bit stronger and still noticing improvements in vascularity. I moved pretty fast today and tried to push and pull a lot of weight - everything went well.

I am going to drop the Thyroxine for awhile. Still tinkering with the idea of adding some Proviron to support endogenous androgen production as this diet moves into it's 8th week. I will be making an effort to try and consume a few less calroies this week to see how it effects the numbers.

12MAR06
    Diet
    - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (732cal) BW/254.6
    PM: 60min (918cal) BW/254.0

Nearly the same bodyweight as last week's 40-30-30 day - still visibly losing bodyfat. This week I should be able to have plenty of time for morning cardio again.

Cardiovascular fitness is deffinitly up - after a tough 50-minute session in the morning I did an even tougher 60-minute ride in the evening. The PM cardio today reflected the most resistance I have used for that time span thus far - burning 918 calories based on the bikes monitoring system...

13MAR06
    Diet
    - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 40min (545cal) BW/255.0
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 621 pounds/min +42
    Triceps: Power Index 964 pounds/min +7
    Biceps: Power Index 657 pounds/min -2

Not sure why but I felt really tight today. But in the gym, I felt pretty weak - and by the time I got to biceps, they were feeling pretty much hollow. I am going to keep Bromo at 5mg this whole week.

Low Carb Diet Today

4 HydroxyCuts
    2 g Vitamin C
    600 mL Bottled Water

2 whole eggs
    2 egg whites
    1 sausage (~10cm size)
    1/3 cup chedder cheese
    1 tbsp olive oil
    600 mL Bottled Water w/1 Lipton Tea Bag
    5 mg Bromocriptine
    2 g Fish Body Oils
    1 g Vitamin C

1 Diet Coke
    600 mL Bottled Water

1 1/2 grilled chicken breasts
    6 skinless hot chicken wings
    1/2 can tuna and dressing
    1 cup cumcumber and onion salad
    1/2 cup shredded carrots
    600 mL Bottled Water
    2 g Fish Body Oils
    2 g Vitamin C

600 mL Bottled Water w/Crystal Light
    1 Animal Pak

900 mL Bottled Water w/2 Lipton Tea bags
    4 HydroxyCuts
    2 g Vitamin C

[EVENING Arms and Shoulders ROUTINE]
    2400 mL Bottled Water

1 1/2 banana
    50 g L-Glutamine
    600 mL Bottled Water

1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (pistacio, cashews, almonds, )
    1 Diet Coke
    2 g Vitamin C

1 pound seasoned ground beef
    2 medium tomoatos

10 g L-Glutamine
    600 mL Bottled Water

14MAR06
    Diet
    - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (576cal) BW/252.0
    PM: 50min (656cal) BW/251.0
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2509 pounds/min +459
    Hams: Power Index 1833 pounds/min +56

Some idiot peeled my plates on the Hammer Quad Extension - so I peeled them back off his equipment while he was doing his pathetic Hammer Chest Presses... I probably came off as the asshole but I left a bag at that equipment to clearly mark that it was in use. I can't stand weekend warriors. Anyway, that guy's stunt helped push a little more aggressiveness out of me for my workout - coupled by some guy's praising me while doing the Hamstring portion... as well as their retort to me saying, "got to get the fat off" with, "it's deffinitly coming off!"

15MAR06
    Diet
    - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 40min (518cal) BW/249.2

Tired... feel flat...

16MAR06
    Diet
    - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 40min (578cal) BW/248.4
    PM: 50min (676cal) BW/247.0
    Power Index 1050.6 pounds/min -102.9

I am pretty sure now why I haven't reached 245... my calorie intake on the low carb days is too high. After reviewing my diet record on 13 MAR - its obvious I need to adjust and lower them some more - and knock out the high GI carrot feeds and caloric dense nuts. I did so today and immediately got down to my lowest - 247.0. So this next week I will continue with the further drop in calories. I know it got me further depleted because that ol' naueated feeling came back 10 fold today... it took about 20 mikes post workout with my PWO shake and some water to let it pass... really wanted to puke.

17MAR06
    Diet
    - Carb Load
    No P/T

Today I tried something a little different with the carb load. I took 8IU of Actrapid (fast acting) insulin IM at 0700 and 9IU at 1215. This should help glucose transport to increase the effectiveness of the carb load and possible reach supercompensation levels within the 36 hours refeed.

To further this, I added 75mg of Proviron to help uptake and support endogenous androgen levels. I felt pretty well filled out by the PM - usually don't get this way until the following day.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Cool thread Warrior...thanks for putting the effort in...

Although Im not real smart...so this thread is over my head...rofl

Week 9

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Cool thread Warrior...thanks for putting the effort in...

Although Im not real smart...so this thread is over my head...rofl
    No big deal - you don't actually recieve intelligence until after 5000 posts

18MAR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 45min (582cal) BW/253.4
    Power Index 405 pounds/min -66

I had two injuries today - one was a pull in my right quadricep and the other was an inflammation in my right elbow. I was able to elevate and then stretch out my right leg enough to finish the training. The elbow pain subsided a little with some stretching and a change in grip. I think I was dehydrated from yesterday. I was so busy pushing juices and carbs that I did neglect simple water intake. And the increased uptake of carbs with the insulin would have needed an increase in water to store the energy. Next week I will make a priority about getting in enough water during the load. Today, I did feel more sore a few hours after the training - more than usual, that soreness you usually get the next day.

I will continue with 75mg of Proviron ED for a little while...

19MAR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (958cal) BW/254.4

Cardio output improved again this week - reaching even closer to the 1000 calorie mark!

20MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (684cal) BW/250.8
    PM: 45min (551cal) BW/251.2
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 691 pounds/min +70
    Triceps: Power Index 1024 pounds/min +60
    Biceps: Power Index 839 pounds/min +182

Still keeping bromo at 5mg this whole week. I have trimmed some excess calories off the diet to get me back on a weight loss curve. Felt pretty good in the gym today - considering the further drop in calories... and definitely noticed an increase in vascularity in the shoulder area.

Low Carb Diet Today

4 HydroxyCuts
    75mg Proviron
    2 g Vitamin C
    600 mL Bottled Water
    (0 Cal)

[AM Cardio ]
    600 mL Bottled Water
    (0 Cal)

1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup chedder cheese
    1 tbsp olive oil
    600 mL Bottled Water w/1 Lipton Tea Bag
    5 mg Bromocriptine
    2 g Fish Body Oils
    1 g Vitamin C
    (~250 Cal)

600 mL Bottled Water w/Crystal Light
    1 g Vitamin C
    (0 Cal)

1 grilled chicken breast
    1/2 can dry tuna
    3/4 cup raw broccoli
    3/4 cup steamed brussel sprouts
    600 mL Bottled Water
    2 g Fish Body Oils
    2 g Vitamin C
    (~250 Cal)

1 Diet Coke
    1 Animal Pak
    (0 Cal)

1630 900 mL Bottled Water w/2 Lipton Tea bags
    4 HydroxyCuts
    2 g Vitamin C
    (0 Cal)

[PM Cardio ; EVENING Arms and Shoulders ROUTINE]
    2400 mL Bottled Water
    (0 Cal)

1 banana
    40 g L-Glutamine
    600 mL Bottled Water
    (~200 Cal)

1/2 cup mixed nuts (pistacio, cashews, almonds, peanuts )
    1 oz beef jerky
    1 Diet Coke
    2 g Vitamin C
    (~250 Cal)

1 grilled ground chicken patty
    1 whole egg
    1 egg white
    2 medium tomoatos
    (~300 Cal)

10 g L-Glutamine
    600 mL Bottled Water
    (40 Cal)

(~1290 cal total… I think…)

21MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (620cal) BW/250.0
    PM: 50min (639cal) BW/249.2
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2539 pounds/min +30
    Hams: Power Index 2074 pounds/min +241

Well, it's has been a great week. Cardio is up and all my lifts increased (other than the loaded routine - which was hindered by some basic injuries. Carb loading with the insulin and supporting androgen levels with the Proviron must have helped.

22MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (710cal) BW/246.6
    AM: 45min (598cal) BW/247.0

Tired - feeling a bit out in space. Bodyweight is down to a all time low... which makes a diet a lot easier to stick with. It looks like the reduced calories have put me back on the right track. Black tea will be my friend today Oh, my legs are pretty sore today too.

23MAR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (584cal) BW/244.0
    PM: 40min (676cal) BW/245.2
    Power Index 1074.0 pounds/min +23.4

Legs are still sore - especially the hamstrings. I did not get as sick after the depletion workout this week. Strength was pretty good – and I increased several loads, which brought the reps down a little for this week… but it should set me up better for the next. And I am still maintaining a positive power index. I was really looking forward to today , despite the positive numbers - this was a really hard week to push through.

24MAR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took 9IU of fast acting Actrapid insulin in the triceps at 0615 and am taking 10IU at around 1215. It seemed to be really beneficial to last week’s numbers – so I will keep with it for the Carb Load day. I won’t go any higher than these doses from now on. Bromo was at 5mg all week, but today - 3.75mgs.

The Carb Load days continue to be a pain with all the food (mostly carbs and proteins) I am trying to consume. I don’t really look forward to this day so much as the next two days where it’s relatively normal food intake.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    you have doen a lot of work in this thread, thansk for the info and keeping it precise and updated.

Warrior.. you're carb-loading w/ slin once per week?

I've been reading a thread on another board which noted that this is a more effective slin use strategy than the pwo application

I see you noted it to be effective.. How long do you plan on running it?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Warrior.. you're carb-loading w/ slin once per week?

I've been reading a thread on another board which noted that this is a more effective slin use strategy than the pwo application

I see you noted it to be effective.. How long do you plan on running it?
    Yeah... if you look at week 9 you will see that after a carb load with slin I had a significant gain in cardio vascular fitness and all my power indexes were positive (the first that has happened during this CKD)... and this is with an additional drop in calories that week. The only draw back that week was a few minor injuries the following day (pulled quadriceps and elbow tendorness) that I think were my fault from not drinking enough water during the load. And are probably the only reason that score did not improve... yet everything else that week did. Week 9 was my best training week to date - the first after a carb load with slin.

Here is another update line-up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle-mar2006.jpg  

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    Great discipine Lyle low carb diets are really hard to stick too.

Looking great bro.

Week 10

Quote Originally Posted by sonar1234
    Great discipine Lyle low carb diets are really hard to stick too.

Looking great bro.
    Thanks - the Bromo has helped keep hunger down during the week... and aside from those last two days or so before the carb load - it isn't too bad. I'm not worth much during the week - and on those last two days or so I feel rather retarded... but hell, I just keep seeing the results and its good enough for me.

The best thing about it is the predictability. Like at the beginning of week 10 (below) - on Sunday, I guessed I would be down to 242 by Thursday - then I hit 240 on Thurs AM and - BAM - 242 in the PM. Knowing where I am going and how long it will take to get there makes it all a lot easier... I routinely add 6-7 pounds on the load, then drop 9-10 during the week... net loss equals 2-4 pounds every week - of fat.

25MAR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    No P/T

I felt really tired all day today and took a day off training for more recovery time; as well as a deep massage appointment last night. My hamstrings were still sore from earlier in the week but are feeling much better now.

This week I will include a chest and back day on Sunday since I skipped the Loaded Routine; followed by Legs on Monday then arms and delts on Wednesday.

26MAR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 35min (485cal) BW/253.8
    PM: 60min (999cal) BW/252.4
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 516 pounds/min -57
    Back: Power Index 1287 pounds/min -88

Cardiovascular continues to improve - I was set on hitting 1000 calories burned during cardio today (based on the bike's meter using time and resistance settings), but just missed it.

Sun burns got in the way a bit today... as well as the fact that I hadn't finished a Chest and Back routine in awhile... and rest intervals were too long... and I had a hard cardio session before hand. Felt pretty tight and pumped though.

It seems my current tempo is to drop 9-10 pounds during the week then add 6-7 during the carb load. This would net a total fat loss average of 2-4 pounds per week. From that conclusion I could put myself at 242 at the end of this week. And if I keep it up for 4 more weeks I would be down to 226-234... with minimal strength loss - perhaps further gains.

27MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 30min (372cal) BW/249.8
    PM: 50min (680cal) BW/249.6
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2701 pounds/min +162
    Hams: Power Index 2137 pounds/min +63

I had a bit of a cold start with some knee pains... but otherwise felt pretty good today. Chest and back are pretty sore from yesterday's pounding.

28MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (628cal) BW/247.0
    PM: 40min (554cal) BW/247.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 696 pounds/min +5
    Triceps: Power Index 1113 pounds/min +89
    Biceps: Power Index 769 pounds/min -70

I was pretty tired during the day today. Training went well, aside from the problems of keeping people off a station I am trying to use in a giant set. Biceps took a lost in power today due to time spent talking to an ol' friend briefly inbetween sets... I will make up for this next week. Chest and back were still quite sore from Sunday (26Mar).

29MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (675cal) BW/243.2
    AM: 60min (808cal) BW/242.3

Felt pretty out of it today... especially at night, felt kinda light headed.

30MAR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (697cal) BW/240.4
    PM: 40min (506cal) BW/242.0
    Power Index 1121.8 pounds/min +47.8

Training went pretty well – didn’t get too nauseous afterward and continued to make an improvement in my total power output.

Well... I have hit my goal of 20 pounds of fat loss... but I'd hate to stop now. It has been a miracle that none of life's unexpected circumstances have popped up - or even an illness - during this time. I will take this week-to-week at this point... not really certain when I will stop. Clothes are becoming an issue - I have been on my last hole of my favorite belt - and my pants are still sliding off. A few people have mentioned that my ol’ stomach is “gone.”

I have been studying DoggCrapp training and when I move out of this, I may give that a go... I should be primed for a nice AAS cycle as well.

I am going to take about 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid for the next 4 days. I am doing this for two reasons: to supplement the Vitamin C to keep me from getting ill (had a bit of a runny nose this morning) and to support the proper partitioning of the carbs/sugars this weekend.

31MAR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took 10IU of Actrapid at 0700 and then 10IU at 1230 – in the delts. I also used some straight dextrose powder with the Cell Tech after the insulin today. This seems to have really helped keep me alert and not drowsy. Again, Bromo was at 5mg all week, but today - 3.75mgs.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Thanks - the Bromo has helped keep hunger down during the week... and aside from those last two days or so before the carb load - it isn't too bad. I'm not worth much during the week - and on those last two days or so I feel rather retarded... but hell, I just keep seeing the results and its good enough for me.

The best thing about it is the predictability. Like at the beginning of week 10 (below) - on Sunday, I guessed I would be down to 242 by Thursday - then I hit 240 on Thurs AM and - BAM - 242 in the PM. Knowing where I am going and how long it will take to get there makes it all a lot easier... I routinely add 6-7 pounds on the load, then drop 9-10 during the week... net loss equals 2-4 pounds every week - of fat.

25MAR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    No P/T

I felt really tired all day today and took a day off training for more recovery time; as well as a deep massage appointment last night. My hamstrings were still sore from earlier in the week but are feeling much better now.

This week I will include a chest and back day on Sunday since I skipped the Loaded Routine; followed by Legs on Monday then arms and delts on Wednesday.

26MAR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 35min (485cal) BW/253.8
    PM: 60min (999cal) BW/252.4
    Chest and Back
    Chest: Power Index 516 pounds/min -57
    Back: Power Index 1287 pounds/min -88

Cardiovascular continues to improve - I was set on hitting 1000 calories burned during cardio today (based on the bike's meter using time and resistance settings), but just missed it.

Sun burns got in the way a bit today... as well as the fact that I hadn't finished a Chest and Back routine in awhile... and rest intervals were too long... and I had a hard cardio session before hand. Felt pretty tight and pumped though.

It seems my current tempo is to drop 9-10 pounds during the week then add 6-7 during the carb load. This would net a total fat loss average of 2-4 pounds per week. From that conclusion I could put myself at 242 at the end of this week. And if I keep it up for 4 more weeks I would be down to 226-234... with minimal strength loss - perhaps further gains.

27MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 30min (372cal) BW/249.8
    PM: 50min (680cal) BW/249.6
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2701 pounds/min +162
    Hams: Power Index 2137 pounds/min +63

I had a bit of a cold start with some knee pains... but otherwise felt pretty good today. Chest and back are pretty sore from yesterday's pounding.

28MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 45min (628cal) BW/247.0
    PM: 40min (554cal) BW/247.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 696 pounds/min +5
    Triceps: Power Index 1113 pounds/min +89
    Biceps: Power Index 769 pounds/min -70

I was pretty tired during the day today. Training went well, aside from the problems of keeping people off a station I am trying to use in a giant set. Biceps took a lost in power today due to time spent talking to an ol' friend briefly inbetween sets... I will make up for this next week. Chest and back were still quite sore from Sunday (26Mar).

29MAR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (675cal) BW/243.2
    AM: 60min (808cal) BW/242.3

Felt pretty out of it today... especially at night, felt kinda light headed.

30MAR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (697cal) BW/240.4
    PM: 40min (506cal) BW/242.0
    Power Index 1121.8 pounds/min +47.8

Training went pretty well – didn’t get too nauseous afterward and continued to make an improvement in my total power output.

Well... I have hit my goal of 20 pounds of fat loss... but I'd hate to stop now. It has been a miracle that none of life's unexpected circumstances have popped up - or even an illness - during this time. I will take this week-to-week at this point... not really certain when I will stop. Clothes are becoming an issue - I have been on my last hole of my favorite belt - and my pants are still sliding off. A few people have mentioned that my ol’ stomach is “gone.”

I have been studying DoggCrapp training and when I move out of this, I may give that a go... I should be primed for a nice AAS cycle as well.

I am going to take about 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid for the next 4 days. I am doing this for two reasons: to supplement the Vitamin C to keep me from getting ill (had a bit of a runny nose this morning) and to support the proper partitioning of the carbs/sugars this weekend.

31MAR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took 10IU of Actrapid at 0700 and then 10IU at 1230 – in the delts. I also used some straight dextrose powder with the Cell Tech after the insulin today. This seems to have really helped keep me alert and not drowsy. Again, Bromo was at 5mg all week, but today - 3.75mgs.
    Your in an ideal state to spring board into a cycle, take advantage of the prime,
    sounds like you have done really well, any new photos soon Warrior?

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the work bro... I think you would like IGF-1 LR3... only on the carb days though...relative high carbs... 4days on three days off... 30mcg morning and pwo
    I'm probably never gonna take GH or Insulin ... I've been researching IGF since 02-03... It took this long for me to take it and this is only my second cycle and I'm so much the activist of IGF instead of GH and slin even more...

It doesn't really help me eat more but damn if it doesn't help me churn on the cals I'm downing...I feel tight and hard all the damn time but more so on my medium and carb load days...

I still do my zig zag cutting and gaining... it’s helped me stay lean yet still grow... A high protein day and a Carb loading day looks like such 2lb beef or 3lb pork and 3-4 cups rice on the low carb days, head of lettuce every day (not on weekend-screw that), either about 20 potatoes or 10-11cups of rice on the high carb days and 1 or 1-1/2lb of beef if I'm not cheating...

It's hard as fuk with out T3 for me... I might do the same thing your doing to show peeps how effective my diet is... I don’t own a camera anymore my Ex-wife got most of our goodies... but as soon as I purchase one I think I'll follow your lead and make a log... You’re the best bro I know of at keeping track... your amazing dude...
    I can’t make my diets like that I think I'll end up killing a poor cashier somewhere... I gotta go 4th grade simple... beef, lettuce, pick a starch...

Keep it up bro...

Thanks guys! Here is Week 11...

marcus300 - I'll get a new pic soon - probably a new line up at the end of week 12... especially if I chose to terminate this cycle after then. It's hard to end it when I can see everything getting tighter and new levels of vascularity surfacing... but I am starting to hit the wall a bit. The idea of moving to a nice, clean bulking/strength phase seems very appealing at this point... I have been drafting up a doggcrapp split...

mmaximus25 - I remember us talking over a year ago about this type of dieting. Now I finally got some real practicle experience in it to be able to sit at the round table with ya Done similar diet manipulations - but nothing really this extreme for this long...

No plans in the near future with IGF - probably just run a standard test/deca cycle coming out of this. I'll still zig-zag the diet a bit but without the goal being fat loss... just lean muscle gain. Get that camera and PM me when you get a log started... I'll be following it for sure...

BTW - I do get a little help with my diet, I have access to a dining facility with plenty of options. It's weeding through them and ignoring the harmful foods sitting around - like oatmeal cookies... I can spend the rest of my life without ice cream, ho-hos or donuts... but oatmeal cookies will always be callin' my name

01APR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 40min (505cal) BW/251.0
    Power Index 461 pounds/min +56

That was a pretty healthy Carb Load yesterday... A LOT of clean foods eaten. At night, we went off to a 6 star hotel (yeah - 6!) and sat at a buffet for about 3 hours - lots of sushi, rice, noodles, chicken, beef... bread pudding

Today, I made sure to keep carb intake up but bring back down the calories. I filled out really well and was looking pretty vascular last night... and pumped - even with a very full stomach I felt like I could lift a house!

Today’s workout went pretty well. I felt good and did better on chest and dead lifts. It seems imperative that I include a lot of water during the carb loads - especially if insulin is involved. The tricky part lies in setting some of the food aside to assimilate more water But more food with less water seems to handicap the carb load anyway.

02APR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (626cal) BW/250.2
    PM: 60min (999cal) BW/250.6

Cardiovascular-only work today. I nearly threw a dime plate at the wall today during PM cardio... I was pretty sure I was going to beat the 1000cal mark all the way up to the last minute... I was keeping Life Cycle's RPM's up around 90 and the resistance level at 16, 17 and sometimes 18 - out of 20 - most of the time) then the last 10 seconds came up and it was really close... then 60 minutes elapsed, the bike shut itself down (won't let you go more than 60min) and revealed... once again - 999cal! Well, anyway I really pushed myself and can say I did well... I used to push for 700cal within 50 minutes so 999 in 60 is still good.

I am going to continue to try and keep my cardio scores higher on each session this week (compared to last week).

I plan on hitting 237 pounds this week.

03APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (697cal) BW/246.6
    PM: 40min (585cal) BW/248.0
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 740 pounds/min +49
    Triceps: Power Index 992 pounds/min-32
    Biceps: Power Index 834 pounds/min -5

I am going to take about 300-400mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid everyday for a little while...

04APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (675cal) BW/243.8
    PM: 45min (561cal) BW/242.6
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 3048 pounds/min +347
    Hams: Power Index 2153 pounds/min +16

Squatting power is still making good improvements.

On Hamstrings, the Romanian Stiff Leg Deads are coming along well. As my bodyweight lowers the Back extensions are taking a little hit - due to less resistance... today I performed nearly the same as last week, a few more repetitions, but my bodyweight this time was 7 pounds less - which adds up over the course of 20 reps.

At night I could notice some more vascular in the arms and abdominals... but the lower oblique’s are still hiding from me. Legs are also looking much more dialed in.

Tomorrow I should see the 230's happen... I haven't been that light on my feet in awhile.

05APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (705cal) BW/240.8
    PM: 60min (861cal) BW/241.8

Blah - physiologically, this is a rough day... lots of cardio to burn up all the fats being released - and simply staying hungry. I need to go meet up with a friend tonight but I feel nearly useless on Wednesday nights when it comes to conversation: P

06APR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (653cal) BW/239.2
    PM: 45min (635cal) BW/238.6
    Power Index 1197.0 pounds/min +75.2

I seriously thought I was taking a performance hit today – felt tired going in and during the training. But it turned out that I was moving along much faster than usual… and benefited by finishing the routine in 70 minutes this week – versus 75 min last week. I wasn’t able to improve on some of the lifts but I pushed through with less rest this time.

Another rough day compounded by the numbers game... looking at the results I put on the same weight I did after my carb load last week (9.8 pounds) but only lost 11 pounds versus 13.4 in the AM – but then PM turned a new leaf with a total drop to 238.6 of 11.6 for the week. Usually the PM weight is higher than the AM – so I must have been retaining some water or something. I expect a more dramatic result next week since something seems to have skewed the results this week. I forecast dropping around 13 again with roughly a 9 pound carb load.

It does seem that the amount of weight dropped is directly related to the amount gained by the carb load... the more I gain by the load - the more I lose. But Week 11 was less profitable when compared to Week 10... again, not sure what happened. Its a little hard drop more calories and at this point I don’t think I need to… besides I get light headed and nauseated enough during the week. I will drop Proviron to 50mg after the carb load.

In the end, it is also hard to judge by scale weight as I do feel I have gained muscle in all this – especially in the legs, which is a large muscle group.

07APR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took 10IU of Actrapid at 0600 and then 10IU at around 1215 - in the delts. Again, I also used some straight dextrose powder with the Cell Tech after the insulin today and Bromo was at 5mg all week, but today - 3.75mgs.

I am feeling pretty good - and hard. The week was miserable but went by fast. Next week may be the end of this cutting cycle and time to shift gears a bit.

Week 12

08APR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (395cal) BW/248.0
    Power Index 408 pounds/min -53

Even though my power index went down, I feel today’s workout was a success - I improved the loads in all movements but did so at the expense of more reps. Next week I should be set up to use the same loads - but tag on the extra reps to bring the power index back up.

I don't feel my legs are getting enough recovery time lately - especially the hamstrings. With the frequent leg training and cardio work, I think it is best to skip the GBC for them this week and focus on the Arms and Shoulders with Chest and Back routines... and let the legs rest this week from the heavy day. I will see how they feel after tomorrows PM cardio session.

09APR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (655cal) BW/248.8
    PM: 60min (1014cal) BW/247.8

Felt really tired today - I got good sleep two nights ago but fell behind last night.

The PM cardio was finally a goal met - I beat 1000 calories in 60 minutes on the Life Cycle... hitting 1014! Considering the lack of sleep - I figure I could beat this next week.

I am going to go out on a limb and try and call it this week - I say 235-236 before the carb preload on Thursday night. Last week I had some unexpected weight fluctuations and this week the carb load produced more overall storage... which in the past as equated to more weight being dropped - either from water or an increased metabolism from the load.

10APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (655cal) BW/245.8
    PM: 50min (670cal) BW/244.6
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 719 pounds/min -21
    Triceps: Power Index 1044 pounds/min +52
    Biceps: Power Index 784 pounds/min -50

I was feeling pretty strong on triceps and managed to increase the load, decrease the reps and still come out with a positive power index when all was said and done. Delts were a bit stronger this week but I took an extra minute to finish and it reflected on the score.

I tried to increase the loads on the biceps - but unlike delts, the fewer repetitions killed the potentially greater power output. I am not sure how to go about using bigger weights on Biceps - they seem to have been a slow gainer during this whole evolution - but definitely have improved (Week 1 was 553 pounds/min).

I think it is safe to say this whole Arms and Shoulders day needs an overhaul. Either lighter weights or less rest allowed between sets. I have made very little improvements in Delts, Biceps have been slow... Triceps have done okay. But the blessing is everything is up while dropping a lot of bodyweight - so I should count my blessings and perhaps not worry so much about this. After all - the goal is to lose fat and preserve muscle... not really to get stronger or build more muscle.

During the evening I noticed a lot of increased definition, especially in the forearms.

11APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 50min (670cal) BW/241.8
    PM: 50min (695cal) BW/240.2
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 3472 pounds/min +425
    Hams: Power Index 2122 pounds/min -31

I slept hard last night... waking up was even harder

Quads have continued to make fine improvements - they are to 3472 pounds per minute from 1343 at week one. My legs have proven what I have always told people - they grow fast. They are my best gainer and with the fat decrease I can see the separation in the vastus and hamstrings. The hams have improved from 1409 on week one to 2122 today. Regarding today: I grabbed a few extra reps on the hamstring curls; however, I dropped a few reps on the Romanian Deads and back extensions (but increased the load). The first set of Deads was great, but then I fell out on the two subsequent ones. Anyway, I only lost a few points for hamstrings today... one step back, then hopefully - two steps forward...

12APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 40min (536cal) BW/236.6
    PM: 50min (746cal) BW/236.6

Another day of staying hungry and no gym time other than cardio... the break from weights is necessary as I am getting a little out of it by this day. I hit 236 this morning and I could definitely tell when putting on my pants - they keep gettin' bigger... and the belt has been rendered useless.

At night I was looking really lean. My wife counted the abdominals that are now clearly present and said it looked like all the fat I was carrying around my waist is gone... what’s left seems like loose skin. Arms are looking better with more veins popping through and legs are showing more separation.

13APR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    AM: 55min (748cal) BW/233.4
    PM: 40min (535cal) BW/235.0
    Power Index 1137.9 pounds/min -59.1

233! I predicted a good week but this is insane. My goal was 235 this week but I hit 233 for a 15 pound drop in about 4-5 days.

My pants are really loose today. The thighs have way too much extra room. Pictures don't really do much justice in showing how much of the fat "bulk" that has dissipated.

The workout was pretty lame… I was pretty tired from this week and I don’t think I was able to give 100 percent. Strength was a little better in some lifts but I was sluggish overall and took much longer to finish the whole routine.

14APR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took11IU of Actrapid at 0600 and then 11IU at around 1215 - in the triceps. Again, I also used some straight dextrose powder with the Cell Tech after the insulin today and Bromo was at 5mg all week, except today - 3.75mgs.

I'd really hate to stop now... anyway stopping on the 13th week and on the 13th day of the month could somehow be unlucky anyway Next week I may be back into the 220's. Hopefully I can bring the power index numbers back in the green next week...

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    congrats Warrior!

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Finally decided to post. You're doing great bud. Keep it up

1buffsob

no stopping

nooo

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    I like this man... seeing the progress is getting me stoked... I'm getting hyper, it might have to do a little with watching the newest UFC championship... Andrea and Sylva again...

This is very motivating War... this is the real deal... Start calling you the Real Warrior...

THis will help push me... thx

play time's over

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey Warrior man, I cant believe I never saw this thread before. Great stuff, congrats first of all on everything...GREAT WORK. Also this is the type of thread that truly does give people motivation, instead of just telling people on paper how to diet you are going through it, its a personal experience and I think this is something people can really take hold of more than reading a cutting diet and trying to follow it. Just awesome.

Week 13

Thanks guys, I'll keep going... I had some work issues pop up that have limited my training time to once a day in the late afternoon - but I'll keep at it... should be able to go back to the previous schedule by the end of this week (Week 14's log). I learned a lot about what gives me a good carb load this week too... so more useful info to want me to keep at it. And feeling the midsection getting harder is deffinity a motivation to see what else lies under neath the grissel

15APR06

Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (387cal) BW/245.0
    Power Index 419 pounds/min +11

I continue to finish workouts quicker with no real feel of the decreased rest other than not being able to handle the same load. I took a hit today in the bench press and dead lift but finished six minutes faster.

I will continue this diet but due to emergency work hours I will only get one chance for training per day in the late afternoon. This change in work schedule will hopefully only last 10 days or so.

16APR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (1027cal) BW/247.2

I gained a few more pounds today instead of dropping after the carb load. I think some of this could be water due to fewer intakes than I should have had today and yesterday.

New high today for cardiovascular output: 1027cal/60min.

17APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (423cal) BW/246.4
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 806 pounds/min +87
    Triceps: Power Index 978 pounds/min -66
    Biceps: Power Index 739 pounds/min -45

18APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 50min (710cal) BW/242.0
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2984 pounds/min -488
    Hams: Power Index 2278 pounds/min +156

I seem to be holding two extra pounds this week - above last weeks numbers. I will try less carbs this week for the load. It seems apparent that the level of cardio plays an important role in this whole equation. However my carb load was 3 pounds heavier (+12.8 lbs) this week than it has been for the last 3 weeks (+9.6-9.8 lbs) - so my glycogen supercompensation must be around 9-10 pounds (4-4.5kg), anything more is fat/water gain.

4500gm's for glycogen compensation or 4500/2.7g water = 1667g of glycogen without stored water. Considering muscle can store 3.5-4g of "dry" glycogen per 100g of skeletal muscle - my lean muscle tissue weight must be around 92-106lbs (42-48kgs).

19APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (819cal) BW/238.4

Still up two pounds from last week’s numbers.

This week, I am going to try a tweak to my refeed structure. I have determined that I need around 1600-1700g of carbs for supercompensation of glycogen stores. The preload day will begin with about 120g post workout, then 100g two hours later with dinner. The carb load day will begin with 12 IU Actrapid then 75g of carbs every hour for 6 hours (but ~100g right after the insulin shot) for 450g. The next 10 hours (assuming a 15-hour day) will be 60g per hour for another 600g. That will put the daily total around 1050. With the previous nights preload I will be around 1270g... so the next 60-25-15 day needs around 400-500 grams and then the 40-30-30 day will be for topping everything off and maintenance. This should maximize the carb load and minimize fat gain.

20APR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 20min (296cal) BW/237.4
    Power Index 1204.1 pounds/min +66.2

I am starting to feel a little sick with a sore throat - hopefully this will pass with extra calories and rest tomorrow night. Strength levels are starting to redeem themselves slightly and I continue to finish routines much faster - could be boosted from the decrease in cardio.

21APR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

Still feeling a little ill. I didn't get much sleep due to a 0340 revelry. I spent much of the day in the sun out in the windy desert and that didn't help things.

I took 12IU of Actrapid at 0400 in the triceps and washed it down with some Cell Tech and dextrose. For the next 6 hours I was constantly eating Rice Krispy and oatmeal bars, cereals, Harvest Bars, juice... pretty sure I got the daily intake I described on 19 APR.

And pics after the carb load...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warrior's Drop-40-Pounds-of-Fat Cycle-23aprcollfl.jpg  

nygsxr1000 is offline Junior Member
    good luck.........seems like a lot of work.......hope it pays offs,hard work usually does

Week 14...

Quote Originally Posted by nygsxr1000
    good luck.........seems like a lot of work.......hope it pays offs,hard work usually does
    Oh... it's payin' off...

22APR06
    Diet - 60-25-15
    Cardio
    PM: 15min (213cal) BW/246.0
    Power Index 505.3 pounds/min +86

I was able to sleep from 1800-2300 then 0015-0415... so about 9 hours of interrupted sleep. Felt a little better today.

Again, I finished the routine much faster and I also felt pretty good, strength-wise. I ate some Mexican-style chicken, rice and refried beans to close to the workout and it had my stomach in knots – but still a pretty good turnout.

Got all the carbs in today.

23APR06
    Diet - 40-30-30
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (1012cal) BW/245.6

Last week I put on 12.8 pounds and only came down 9.8… gaining 3 pounds. My conclusion on this: I gained back some weight due to an over surplus of calories on that 12.8 pound carb load. How those calories were partitioned is not known, but if anything, vascularity is looking better. I was feeling much stronger during this weeks Loaded Routine so some of that 3 pounds must have been muscle. But I am really trying to gain muscle (but maintain it) or bodyweight so I made adjustments for fat loss.

Anyway, I am going into this week with an 8.2 pound carb load. I do expect to flirt with 230 by the end of this week. I was aiming for around 9 pounds or so for the carb load – but less than 10 – 8.2 will have to do… I must have missed a necessary meal – can’t go back now…

Cardio went well today – staying above the 1000 calories burned but didn’t beat last week’s score. I did a couple tests today: 225 pound max reps on the Flat Bench and Wide Grip Pull Ups for 25 reps. I did 24 reps of 225 and got the 25 reps of Pull Ups in 5 sets (7,6,5,4,3). I will compare those numbers next week on the 40-30-30 day.

24APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 45min (659cal) BW/241.8
    Arms and Shoulders
    Delts: Power Index 717 pounds/min -89
    Triceps: Power Index 986 pounds/min+8
    Biceps: Power Index 721 pounds/min -18

I took a couple small hits in Delt and Bicep strength today… but I was feeling pretty pumped and looking good – looking lean and thick. I started good on Delts then ran out of steam, tricpes caught a second wind but then I got burnt out again with biceps. I had to take the opportunity for 45 minutes of cardio to help get those glycogen stores down to set up for fat loss but it did impact today’s training of three muscle groups… and the third tends to be the one really scrapping up left over energy… biceps.

25APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 30min (433cal) BW/239.8
    Legs
    Quads: Power Index 2950 pounds/min -34
    Hams: Power Index 2184 pounds/min -94

Regardless of the minor loss in the power index, I feel today was a good training day. I got a few more reps on the Romanian Dead Lifts and a little heavier on the Hack Squat. I have been maintaining the same load on Squats – need to increase it next time.

26APR06
    Diet - Low Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 60min (845cal) BW/235.8

I had to do some public speaking today but got through it fine – probably the worst day of the week to have to do it. After the evening cardio I started to fade pretty quick… feeling quite out of it. A few comments were made today about how much weight I have dropped.

27APR06
    Diet - Preload Carb
    Cardio
    PM: 20min (276cal) BW/234.4
    Power Index 1252.7 pounds/min +48.6

I felt really light headed today – nearly fainting a few times when standing up. Hmmm… I’ll need to research this a bit… but after a week of very low carbs and calories, several things come to mind.

The Depletion Routine went well – go a little nauseous feeling afterward but it definitely wasn’t the worst case of it…

28APR06
    Diet - Carb Load
    No P/T

I took 12IU of Actrapid at 0410 in the left Delt and washed it down with some Cell Tech and dextrose… over the first 6 hours of the day I ended up getting about 616g of carbohydrates, 75g protein and 32.5g of fat with a ratio of 85-10-5… the rest of today needs to fill about 500g. I got in about 250g after the workout last night (PWO shake and meals)… This will put at or around 1400. I will need about 300g or so for tomorrow.

I have been really tired today…

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information