GUnit33 is offline Member

GUnit33's Cutting Log

First, I’m gona let Warrior know that his transformation defiantly inspired me. What he did in such a short period of time was amazing, and hopefully I’ll be able to pull off decent results too.

Alright, a little about myself. I’m 21, 5’11.5, 205 pounds. My body fat is too high, and I don’t really want to know what it is right now, because I’m not the type of person that’s obsessed with it. I know when I’m chunky, and I know when I’m lean and that’s what matters to me. I’ve been lifting since I was 15, but over the past year I’ve taken a slide due to work and school. I’ve let myself go, and now I need to get back on track. In high school I was an all-conference football and basketball player, so I was a decent athlete. I never was insane with my lifting, and after high school was over it was basically an every now and than thing, so my strength is terrible at this point.

What I plan to do throughout this phase is to lose as much fat as I can and get cut up along with increasing my strength. I don’t necessarily want to add a ridiculous amount of lean body mass (some would be great) because I plan on doing a lean bulk over the winter months if this goes to plan.

With me being only 21, I know I’m not ready for AAS, not to mention that I’m in no condition to be taking it. Instead, I’ll only being using a strict diet and some hydroxycut to help me achieve what I want.

My goal is to get down to 180 pounds and look lean and cut up. I want to achieve this by November/December so that I can bulk over the winter. It’s half the weight that warrior through out the window, but it’s still a chore.

I’ll be using a 2 on – 1 off training regimine. Day 1 is chest and tris, day 2 is back and bis, day 3 is shoulders, and day 4 is legs, than I just repeat everything. I’ll be doing cardio in the AM for sure, with as much cardio as possibly in the PM as well. I’ve also got the diet down somewhat, and it’ll get tweaked here and there, but I’m going to try and take what I learned from the cutting sticky and from my own experience and mesh it together. Back in high school, I used protein shakes, and they seemed to work great for me along with 3 hard food meals. I’m going to be doing something similar to this during this cutting phase.

With that, here goes nothing.

Day 1: July 15, 2006 – Chest/Tris
    Cardio
    None(Workout took longer than expected)
    Bench Press
    Warm-Up Set: 115 x 15
    Set: 150 x 8
    Set: 155 x 6
    Incline Press
    Warm-Up Set: 115 x 11
    Set: 125 x 7
    Set: 125 x 8
    Set: 135 x 6
    Incline Dumbbells
    Warm-Up Set: 35 x 15
    Set: 45 x 8
    Set: 50 x 5
    Pec Deck
    Warm-Up Set: 110 x 15
    Set: 140 x 8
    Set: 160 x 4
    Tri Pushdowns
    Warm-Up Set: 40 x 15
    Set: 50 x 10
    Set: 50 x 8
    Set: 60 x 6
    Overhead Dumbbell Tris
    Warm-Up Set: 35 x 12
    Set: 40 x 8
    Set: 45 x 6

The Diet
    9:00am – Protein Shake
    11:00 am – 3/4cup Oats, ½ cup FF Cottage Cheese, 6 Egg Whites, 1 scoop Chocolate Protein, 2 Tbls. Sugar Free Jam Blended and Made into Protein Pancakes
    1:00 pm – 8oz Chicken ½ cup Brown Rice
    3:00 pm – Protein Shake
    5:00 pm - 8 oz Chicken ½ cup Veggies
    7:00 pm – Protein Shake

That’s what I’ve got for today. I’ll try and get pics up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by GUnit33; 07-15-2006 at 01:27 PM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Goodluck, keep it going!

Thanks, I'm going to try and get some cardio in tonight before I hit the bar for my second job.

January 16 - Back and Bis
    Yesterday went great. I don't have my number with me, I'll post them some other time, but I'm noticing that with this clean diet, I feel more refreshed and able to go the distance in all of my workouts, it's great! I also can tell I'm already starting to lose some weight and I'm only a couple of days in. I feel rejuvinated and it's awesome!

January 17 - Day Off/Cardio Only
    AM Cardio
    30 Min Low Intensity on the Elliptical Machine - 450 Cals Burned
    PM Cardio
    20 Min Mid/High Intensity Elliptical - 350 Cals Burned

A question for those who are following this cut, should I throw in some clen to the mix or not? I'm just tryin gto drop 20 pounds of fat so that I can get lean and do a lean bulk over the fall/winter. All help appreciated!

January 17 Diet
    10 AM - Protein Shake w/ Flax
    12:00 PM - 1/3lb 93/7 Lean Hamburger Patty w/ 133 Cals worth of Yams
    2:00 PM - 1/3lb 93/7 Lean Hamburger Patty w/ 133 Cals worth of Yams
    4:00 PM - 1/3lb 93/7 Lean Hamburger Patty w/ 133 Cals worth of Yams
    7:00 PM - Protein Shake w/ Flax
    9:00 PM - Protein Shake
    Last edited by GUnit33; 07-17-2006 at 08:49 PM.

abokeef is offline Associate Member
    Keep it up man... Good luck
    I would throw some EC's stack. This shit is for real. What is the integrate of the hydroxy???

BTW.....At 9:00 pm, lose the protine shake and get some cottage chesse

Quote Originally Posted by abokeef
    BTW.....At 9:00 pm, lose the protine shake and get some cottage chesse
    Man....some nuts onit with some hot souce....I'm lovin it...

How much cottage cheese? I only eat FF Cottage Cheese anyways, with splenda sprinkled on top so I don't get sick of it.

The hydroxycuts are taken with actual food meals, as it stands right now until I get used to them again, I take only 2 per meal, I'll be taking 3 per meal in about 2-3 weeks.

With an ECA stack, how should I run it? It's hard to get my hands on Ephedrine here.

Quote Originally Posted by GUnit33
    How much cottage cheese? I only eat FF Cottage Cheese anyways, with splenda sprinkled on top so I don't get sick of it.

The hydroxycuts are taken with actual food meals, as it stands right now until I get used to them again, I take only 2 per meal, I'll be taking 3 per meal in about 2-3 weeks.

With an ECA stack, how should I run it? It's hard to get my hands on Ephedrine here.
    FF Cottage Cheese Is disgusting and worst when its dry. Get 1% CC And eat it before bed ( I suppose this meal is Pro/Fat) Even you can get away with 2%. 1 cup will give you 30g protine about 4-5g fat. Along with flaxeed oil or natural Beanut butter and nuts, you shoukd get around 35g pro 20g fat.

Where do u live so u can't get efedra?
    the dose is
    E 25 mg
    C 200 mg
    three times a day. I would start with twice a day 1 before cordio and another before workout sesstion.

Day 1: July 15, 2006 – Chest/Tris
    Cardio
    None(Workout took longer than expected)
    Bench Press
    Warm-Up Set: 115 x 15
    Set: 155 x 6
    Incline Press
    Warm-Up Set: 115 x 11
    Set: 125 x 7
    Set: 125 x 8
    Set: 135 x 6
    Incline Dumbbells
    Warm-Up Set: 35 x 15
    Set: 50 x 5
    Pec Deck
    Warm-Up Set: 110 x 15
    Set: 160 x 4
    Tri Pushdowns
    Warm-Up Set: 40 x 15
    Set: 50 x 10
    Set: 50 x 8
    Set: 60 x 6
    Overhead Dumbbell Tris
    Warm-Up Set: 35 x 12
    Set: 45 x 6
    Well my frind, IMO you shouldn't be resting more than 1 min between ste. Y wanna loose fat righ? lower the wight, increase the reps 10-15, decrease the rest 15 sec every 7-10 days till you reach 30 sec. These exercises here shouldn't take longer than 45 min if not less. Here, First two sets of an exercise, lift heavy 5-6 reps ( still rest to minimal) the other 2 or 3 sets 12-15. JIMO
    Last edited by abokeef; 07-17-2006 at 01:17 PM.

The workout itself didn't take long, but for some reason my gym was packed and there wasn't much available, so I was working sets in with people, that's why it took so long. Normally my gym isn't like that.

Also, I can't buy ephedra anywhere in store around here, so I'm just tryin gto find a place online. I wish the damn insurance companies would just back people so that ephedra products could be on the market widely again.

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    Just a suggestion, but if you're primary goal is to cut, why don't you set aside separate days for cardio? For example, do cardio mon, wed, and fri, but lift on tuesdays and thursdays? Also, if you're worried about losing strength, implement plyometrics into your cardio workout.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUnot33
    The workout itself didn't take long, but for some reason my gym was packed and there wasn't much available, so I was working sets in with people, that's why it took so long. Normally my gym isn't like that.

Also, I can't buy ephedra anywhere in store around here, so I'm just tryin gto find a place online. I wish the damn insurance companies would just back people so that ephedra products could be on the market widely again.
    ehh there is plenty of places...id just bring it up to someone that knows ephedra well so you know that youre getting a solid product

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    Just a suggestion, but if you're primary goal is to cut, why don't you set aside separate days for cardio? For example, do cardio mon, wed, and fri, but lift on tuesdays and thursdays? Also, if you're worried about losing strength, implement plyometrics into your cardio workout.
    I'm planning on cutting down, but I still want to lift. I plan on doing cardio M-F 2 times a day as long as I don't have any complications. 1 in the am and 1 at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    ehh there is plenty of places...id just bring it up to someone that knows ephedra well so you know that youre getting a solid product
    I found a place on the net, I just hope it's solid. I know of a couple people here that can get it but its outrageously priced.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUnot33
    I found a place on the net, I just hope it's solid. I know of a couple people here that can get it but its outrageously priced.
    yeah i have a site i use for my supplements pm me and ill give it to you

I can't pm yet, not up on my post count. Guess I'll need to become a post whore.

I can't pm yet, not up on my post count. Guess I'll need to become a post whore.
    Hmm that's odd. I don't remember having need a certain amount of posts before I was able to PM, but I just never paid any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTrainR
    Hmm that's odd. I don't remember having need a certain amount of posts before I was able to PM, but I just never paid any attention.
    My bad, I guess you can. Minimums were for source checks.

My bad, I guess you can. Minimums were for source checks.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Tuesday July 16 - Shoulders/Cardio
    Had a great shoulders workout, but near the end I began to get real tired. I'm assuming it's because I've been sick this entire week with sinuses/cold. Kinda sucks, but oh well. I also did the following for cardio:

AM: 20 min Elliptical Low Intensity - 450 Cals Burned
    PM: Mid/High Intensity Cardio for 30 Min - 600 Cals Burned

Wednesday July 17 - Legs/Cardio
    I did my legs after my AM cardio and wow...it really shows that I haven't lifted with my legs in about a year and a half. I used to be able to push whatver, and now I can't, but that's what being lazy gets ya. Cardio went like this:

High Intensity/Low Intensity Mix - 18 Min(Had to get ready for work) 300 Cals

Hopefully I can get in some cardio this evening if my legs aren't hurting too much from the lifting this morning.

Also, I can definatly tell I'm starting to drop some pounds, so it seem sto be working well.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Tuesday July 16 - Shoulders/Cardio
    Had a great shoulders workout, but near the end I began to get real tired. I'm assuming it's because I've been sick this entire week with sinuses/cold. Kinda sucks, but oh well. I also did the following for cardio:

AM: 20 min Elliptical Low Intensity - 450 Cals Burned
    PM: Mid/High Intensity Cardio for 30 Min - 600 Cals Burned

Wednesday July 17 - Legs/Cardio
    I did my legs after my AM cardio and wow...it really shows that I haven't lifted with my legs in about a year and a half. I used to be able to push whatver, and now I can't, but that's what being lazy gets ya. Cardio went like this:

High Intensity/Low Intensity Mix - 18 Min(Had to get ready for work) 300 Cals

Hopefully I can get in some cardio this evening if my legs aren't hurting too much from the lifting this morning.

Also, I can definatly tell I'm starting to drop some pounds, so it seem sto be working well.

dude dont do cardio on leg day

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Low impact is ok IMO like recumbant bike, I'd stay away from the tredmill though for sure on legday and the day after as if might affect recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Low impact is ok IMO like recumbant bike, I'd stay away from the tredmill though for sure on legday and the day after as if might affect recovery.
    Every day I learn somthing new....Thanx for the input sir.

Suprisingly it wasn't too bad yesterday, I didn't do AM cardio because my legs were sore from the lifting, but at night I did cardio just fine, no issues or anything.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck dude. Try and keep progressing your numbers with your cardio and weight training. Also, keep your resistance training logged to note any changes in strength in relation to changes in bodyweight. Always be prepared to make adjustments if things are not going as planned. And get the pics up so you have a starting point.

Happy cutting and I'm glad you found my thread inspirational

Welp, I'm adjusting my approach, as it's not going well so far. Tommorow, I'm starting a new routine with tons of cardio, and lifting M/W/F. I'm gona down the cals just a tad, but still make sure I'm getting my carbs when I need em, and get enough protein in the day as well. I've made a kick as spreadsheet with charts and shit to help me follow my progress as well.

Alright, well I've got a better program going right now, and it seem sto be going well. The diet is still strict and pretty much the same as before, but I wasn't getting enough carbs, so I threw in some extras here and there. I'm now doing a 5x5 system for weight training with cardio at nights on training days, and cardio in both the morning and evenings on non weight days.

Monday July 24, 2006
    Dumbell Bench 5 Sets 5 Reps x 40
    Flat Dumbell Flys 5 Sets 5 Reps x 25
    Inclince Bench Press 5 Sets 5 Reps x 125
    Incline Dumbell Press 5 Sets 5 Reps x 40
    Overhead Tri Pushup 5 Sets 5 Reps x 50
    Decline Tricep Extension 5 Sets 5 Reps x 25
    Lying Triceps Extension 5 Sets 5 Reps x 25
    Cable Pressdown 5 Sets 5 Reps x 55

Cardio PM: 20 Min Elliptical - Hi Intensity

Diet
    Meal 1 - 2 Whites/4 Whole Eggs w 1/3lb Turkey Breast
    Meal 2 - Protein Shake
    Meal 3 - 1/3lb Turkey Breast 1 Can Green Beans
    Meal 4 - Same as 3
    Meal 5 - Protein Shake
    Meal 5 - 1 cup FF Cottage Cheese

Tuesday July 25, 2006
    Cardio AM: 20 Elliptical Low Intensity
    Cardio PM: 20 Elliptical High Intensity

Diet
    Meal 1 - Subway 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki No Cheese
    Meal 2 - 2 Packets Tuna & 1/2 Cup Brown Rice
    Meal 3 - Protein Shake
    Meal 4 - 4 oz Steak & Large Sweet Potato
    Meal 5 - 1 Cup FF Cottage Cheese

Wednesday July 26, 2006
    Barbell Curl 5 Sets 5 Reps x 40
    Dumbell Curl 5 Sets 5 Reps x 30
    Preacher Curl 5 Sets 5 Reps x 30 (Minus Bar)
    HAmmer curl 5 Sets 5 Reps x 25
    Lat Pulldown 5 Sets 5 Reps x 120
    1 Arm Row 5 Sets 5 Reps x 50
    Barbell Row 5 Sets 5 Reps x 70
    Seated Cable Row 5 Sets 5 Reps x 100

Cardio PM: Will Update When Done

Diet
    Meal 1 - Protein Shake(PWO)
    Meal 2 - 1/3lb turkey Breast & 1/3 Can Sweet Potato
    Meal 3 - Same as Meal 2
    Meal 4 - Protein Shake
    Meal 5 - Same as 3
    Meal 6 - 1 Cup FF Cottage Cheese

I'll take pictures tommorow of myself and post them, along with my weight as of tommorow. Thanks for all help thus far.

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    well i am also 21yrs old and cutting at the moment i started 4 weeks ago and have gone from 220lb to 204lb today. am doing this natural with no supps. What works for me is working out everyday followed by cardio for 30-45 min and then abs...i feel great this is the first time i cut without gear and let me tell you i feel great, i have lost strenght but dont want to be a powerlifter so i dosn't bother me to much..what i can tell you is it's all in the diet....work hard and you will reach your goal soon...best of luck to u

Thread Information