Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dangerdan is offline Senior Member

DangerDan's Winter Cycle

I'll be starting a new cycle tomorrow. Here are the before pics. I'm 6'1 and currently weigh about 210 pounds, 26 years old.

Cycle will be as follows:

Sust: 600mg[edit] per week x 12 weeks
    Deca : 400mg per week x 10 weeks (edited)
    Arimidex : .25mg per day

PCT: Clomid & Nolva

I'm running sust at 700-750mg per week because my amps contain 375mg's each I figured I might as well use it. I originally planned to run dbols for 4-6 weeks but have since changed my mind. I recently found out my bloodpressure was a little high and dont want to raise it anymore; also, I just dont want the extra bloat and waterweight from dbols. Deca is being run for joints.

This is my second cycle. For first cycle, see here: Deca cycle pics. I'm planning to compete in my first comp next august and this is my winter bulking cycle. My bodyfat is already fairly high so i want to try to keep the gains fairly lean. I would like to see 15-20 pounds of muscle gain without any increase in bodyfat. A slight decrease in bodyfat would be great but I'm not too worried about that at this point. I would love to finish the cycle at 225lbs and 10% bodyfat but I think 230lbs and 12-14% bodyfat is more likely and I will be happy with that.

Strengths at this point are probably lats and quads. I think my biggest problem area is my chest. I have a bit of an abnormality as my sternum (chest bone) sort of sticks out a little bit. It isn't really noticable in a most muscular type pose but it makes my chest look nonexistant in front-double-bi/front-latspread type poses. Also, my bodyfat is obviously a little high at the moment and my posing sucks. My right bicept peaks a bit higher than my left but they measure the same. I could definatly use a bit of extra size on the arms, they measure at about 16 3/4 right now. Legs are about 26 although I suck at measuring so this could be off one way or another. Let me know what areas you think I need to work on.

My diet consists of about 4200 cals, 400protein, 400carb, 100fats; my general diet is outlined here although Im' going to try to take in few more cals: First Attempt: Sample Diet. I will be taking creatine and BCAAs throughout the cycle as well as animalpak multivitamins. Also taking fish oils, glucosamine, chondriten and MSM for joints.

Training currently consists of 4 workouts each week although I'll be bumping up to at least 5, maybe 6 days a week now. I am 7 weeks into a 12 week powerlifting-type program which focuses on bench/squats and deads. I will go back to a normal "bodybuilding type" split at the end of this 12 week program. I have enjoyed the break from normal bodybuilding type workouts over the past two months however and I feel that mixing in these types of workouts every so often (perhaps 12 weeks every year) is beneficial, for me at least as I need a break from the same routine. I have been lifting on and off since I was 16, seriously for the past year or so. My last cycle ended about four months ago. I experienced great gains from a very small amount of deca only, but it took me several months to recover. I didn't really know what I was doing when I started my last cycle.

Current lifts are approximatly: Bench 300; Squat 450, Dead 400. I'm planning on posting pics after 4, 8, and 12 weeks. I'll try to keep this updated if folks are watching.

Also, (and this is just to rub it in Perfectbeasts' face) I will try to supplement my diet with a trip to the all-you-can-eat steakhouse at least once a month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DangerDan's Winter Cycle-abs.11.12-copy.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-back.11.12.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-back.dbl.bi.11.12.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-front.11.12.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-front.doublebi.11.12.jpg  

Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-30-2006 at 12:01 PM.

More pics

Here are the rest of em.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DangerDan's Winter Cycle-front.latsparead.11.12.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-legs.11.12..jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-legs.11.12.b.jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-most.muscular.11.12..jpg   DangerDan's Winter Cycle-most.muscular.11.12.b.jpg  

Also, I'm not really the burger king, thats just a mask, although I wouldn't doubt he does dable in anabolics juding by some of the commercials.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-12-2006 at 05:33 PM.

The_Canibal is offline Member
    i would incorporate some cardio in the training routine.at least twice a week...also i would add clen to pct...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canibal
    i would incorporate some cardio in the training routine.at least twice a week...also i would add clen to pct...
    I've got clen handy and may add it to pct depending on what my bodyfat looks like after this cycle. I"ve been hitting cardio for 20min 3x a week. I will up this if my bodyfat goes up any more.

you see ..if you wan't to compete the fat has got to go ....and when it goes inevitably you will loose some muscle as well....the main idea is that i'm in a quite similar situation as yours..what i'll try is to be lean year round ..and loose only 10-15 pounds max for contest prep

good luck..

post your stats

You make a point Canibal and I probably am carring a bit too much bodyfat right now. Here is a pic before I started bulking, about 8 weeks ago.

Also, first shot went well this morning, 1.5ml sust into delt. No pain so far. Stats are posted above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DangerDan's Winter Cycle-abs.9.13.06.jpg  

it doesn't look so bad in this picture....will you compete in a weight category or open sistem?what weight???

it doesn't look so bad in this picture....will you compete in a weight category or open sistem?what weight???
    NPC rules and regulations. This is a small show and I will be competing as a heavyweight. The novice class only has two catagories: Middleweights, under 176, and Heavyweights, over 176.

If I decide to compete in the Open class as well, the cut off for heavyweight is 198 so I may enter as a heavyweight or as a light heavyweight. I expect to come it at around 200lbs for the show but since I have never done a comp before, I'm unsure how my body will react and my weight could be 10-15lbs over or under this number. If I come in it just under 198, I think I will probably do the open class as well. If I'm over 198 I doubt I will enter the open class.

To much test for someone your size.
    Whats your reasoning at running deca at such a low dose?
    Joints? You'll get little benefit , why not run a real dose of it and get both size/strength/joint benefits. I wouldnt even run deca if your going to use that dose.
    Are you afraid from all the horror fables on this board of deca dick?

You should run both at 500mgs @ most.( the synergy between both would give better gains than just 700mgs of sust also.)

And also run winstrol the first 5-6 weeks and last 5-6 weeks at 50mgs/day-injectable or 60mgs oral if you have it...
    Last edited by Hellmaskbanned; 11-13-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Joints? You'll get little benefit , why not run a real dose of it and get both size/strength/joint benefits. I wouldnt even run deca if your going to use that dose.
    Are you afraid from all the horror fables on this board of deca dick?

You should run both at 500mgs @ most.( the synergy between both would give better gains than just 700mgs of sust also.)

And also run winstrol the first 5-6 weeks and last 5-6 weeks at 50mgs/day-injectable or 60mgs oral if you have it...

30mgs oral winstrol ed is too little?

30mgs oral winstrol ed is too little?

I like 50mgs at least.

Thanks for the input Hellmask. I was originally plannin on running 500mg but, as explained in my original post, my amps contain 375mg each so I figured I would bump up to 700mg per week (350mg 2x weekly) instead of letting 250mg per week go to waste.

Are you afraid from all the horror fables on this board of deca dick? .
    I'm running deca to help with joints only. I've run deca before and feel confident I will get results from this amount. I never got deca dick last time so that is not an issue.

As this is my second cycle, I am trying to keep it pretty basic and have decided not to run any other compounds. I looked into running dbol for the first 4-6 weeks and anavar or winstrol for the last six weeks (last four with sust and then two weeks winstrol only), but decided to keep it simple.

Honestly you wont experience hardly anything from deca at that dose. Test should help lube your joints, so running deca is kinda not needed if thats only your plan, or you could bump it up! LOL but it's your call. So your basically running a Test only cycle then. Goodluck! and keep this puppy updated.

Honestly you wont experience hardly anything from deca at that dose. Test should help lube your joints, so running deca is kinda not needed if thats only your plan, or you could bump it up! LOL but it's your call. So your basically running a Test only cycle then. Goodluck! and keep this puppy updated.
    Damn you hellmask. I guess I'll bump up the deca to 400-430ish weekly. If I get too big, I'm baming you though.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-14-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Second injection was yesterday, 2ml, 400mg test into right quad. I planned on hitting legs last night but my quad was pretty sore so I hit chest instead. My left delt is still pretty sore from Mondays 1.5ml 350mg sust, but the pain hasnt been too bad.

Chest yesterday I continued following a powerlifting-type workout and did some dynamic bench movements where the focus was on exploding with the weight and moving it as fast as possible.

Flat Bench 6 sets of 3 at 185, 1 set of 1 210, 1 set of 1 at 240, 1 set of 1 at 275. I really dont like working out with weights this light, but hopefully these dynamic movements will help my overall bench and chest development.
    Incline dumbells 5 sets of 10, with 60, 70, 80, 90, 100.
    Various other chest & tricepts.

Overall, I feel very good about the cycle. I'm not sure how long it will take for the sust to kick in but I'm looking forward to it. What are your guys experiences with sust kick-in time. Last cycle, it took about 5 weeks for the deca to kick in. I imagine sust kicks in quicker due to the short estered prop, etc.

I think I'm going to modify my plan and move from the powerlifting type workout I am currently on in favor of a more traditional bodybuilding split and just keep the dynamic bench day. I dont think powerlifting is going to be the best thing for my joints at the moment.

After looking at the pictures I posted, I realized I need to get my bodyfat down a bit as well. I guess I have been focused too much on weight over the past several months instead of building lean muscle and didn't realize how much fat I had put on. Hopefully the test will help with this. I'm going to keep the cardio at 30 minutes 3x a week for now but will up it if I put on any more fat.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-15-2006 at 08:45 AM.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    I agree with Hellmask, 700 mg is ridiculous and why get your body used to so high doses?

It will cost you in the long run and you get more sides, but with your size there aint more benefits. I am tired of seeing everyone thinking more is better, you should make it on 500mg for a long time if you rest properly between cycles and so on.

timtim is offline Member
    you plan on competing with the heavyweights?

Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    you plan on competing with the heavyweights?
    I'll be competing in the heavywight novice class most likely as the cut off is 176. I'm not really concerned with what class I fall into though, I just want to do the competition and I'll go in whatever class I fall into.

I got in a good back workout today. My right quad is still very sore from yesterday's injection and left delt is a bit sore as well. I'm not sure if I'm gonna hit the sust in my right delt or glute. Guess I'll decide tomorrow.

My left delt (site of my first sust injection on Monday morning) is still pretty sore and has developed a slight redish color. It does not appear swolen at this time and I dont have a fevor. I'm afraid this is an early sign of an infection but I anticipate that it will resolve itself over the next couple of days. Will keep you updated.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-16-2006 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinTin78
    I agree with Hellmask, 700 mg is ridiculous and why get your body used to so high doses?
    Thanks for the input. I think you may be exagerating a bit in saying that 700mg is a "ridiculous" for a second cycle when I imagine you would recommend 500 for a first cycle. Although I respect your opinion and appreciate the comment, I'm going to stick with 700mg.

Another good workout this afternoon. I'm still monitoring my left delt. It is still a bit red (looks like someone punched me) and slightly warm to the touch. If it doesn't clear up in a couple days, I going to start antibiotics. Hopefully, if it is an infection, it is not a result of bad sust. I'll be shooting sust into my other delt this evening.

Be prepared to raise that Adex dose if need be.
    I blew up 17lbs in less then 4 weeks on Test & Deca .
    My point WATA!

I'll keep an eye on it Hellmask, if the weight starts coming too fast I'll move up to .5 daily. I think I may have a case of the test flu as I have felt bad (tired, feverish, etc.) all day. Hopefully this is just the test flu and not a sign of an infection. I attempted a leg workout today but felt too bad and cut it short.

My left delt is still sore to the touch, a bit swolen and still a little pink. If it doesn't improve by tomorrow, I'll start antibiotics. On a positive note, the right delt shows no signs of infection or swelling since yesterdays injection.

so you are saying that you have an infection at the injection site???i'm confused

I'm saying that I may have an infection at one of the three injection sites. My left delt is still a bit swolen, pinkish and warm to the touch five days after the injection.

I"m still not convinced that I have an infection and I am continuing to monitor it. Over the past couple of days, my delt hasn't gotten better but it isn't any worse either. I have antibiotics on hand if the symptoms get any worse or do not go away within the next several days.

Yesterday I felt like I had a mild case of the flu, I think this was just the "test flu" as it went away after five to six hours.

ok ...good luck man

Third sust injection this morning. I went with a glute shot even though its a real pain in the ass to try to twist around to hit the glute and aspirate , etc. I'm hoping that my glute will respond better than delts.

My left delt is finally getting better although it is still a little sore to the touch and its a week since the injection. I didn't have as much trouble with Thursdays injection into the right delt.

I have also bumped Adex up to .5 daily as my face is already showing some bloat.

Good workout today. It was my dynamic bench day and I worked up to a single rep of 295 which went up quickly. Incline dumbells up to 100s for ten slow and controlled reps. I felt strong today and had a really good pump. I think the sust may be kicking in a bit already or it could just all be in my head.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-21-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Second deca injection today. I split the injection up in both quads because my right quad was pretty sore last week after injection 2ml in it. Hopefully with just 1ML in each quad, I wont be limping around tomorrow or at least limping equally on each leg.

Worked out legs this morning. I also picked up a case of musclemilk drinks to add in an extra 330 calories and 30grams of protein at around 3-4a.m. when i wake up in the night because I think I need more calories.

My current weight is 220, up about ten pounds since last week.

Splitting the deca up in both quads worked much better than injection 2ccs into just one quad.

Forth Sust injection on Thursday. I planned on putting in in the glute but just couldnt really reach around to my left glute well enough to feel comfortable so I hit my right delt, very little soreness this time, I guess I'm getting used to the sust.

Also, I have had a cold for a few days so I took three days off from lifting. Hopefully taking a few days off will pay off when I get back in the gym tomorrow. Also I have concluded my 12 week powerlifting program and will be moving to upperbody/lowerbody splits.
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-30-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Today was my first day back after a four day layoff due to a cold. Upper body workout today went very well. I think the sust is starting to kick in a bit and I'm enjoying the extra energy and intensity when lifting.

Lifts:
    Flat Bench up to 280 for five reps.
    Deadlift up to 405 for one rep.

Weight was at 218 this afternoon at the gym. Legs tomorrow.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    good log man, keep on truckin' !

Thanks Beast.

Another sust injection this morning, I went with the left delt. Pain after Thursdays shot in the right delt was minimal. Also based on the amount of oil in my pins before injection, I think I'm getting closer to 600mgs of sust instead of 700 which is probably a good thing. I'm starting to notice a very mild amount of acne on my back, I'll keep an eye on it as I dont want to break out too bad. I'm also getting a little puffyness around nips. I'm not sure if this is just fatty tissue/bloating or if its gyno. My nips have been a little puffy since puberty but I think they may be a bit worse. I'm gonna stick with the Adex at .5mg for another week and then either add letro or nolva if they are still puffy.

Good leg workout this morning, squats up to 375 for 5 full reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdan
    Thanks Beast.

Another sust injection this morning, I went with the left delt. Pain after Thursdays shot in the right delt was minimal. Also based on the amount of oil in my pins before injection, I think I'm getting closer to 600mgs of sust instead of 700 which is probably a good thing. I'm starting to notice a very mild amount of acne on my back, I'll keep an eye on it as I dont want to break out too bad. I'm also getting a little puffyness around nips. I'm not sure if this is just fatty tissue/bloating or if its gyno. My nips have been a little puffy since puberty but I think they may be a bit worse. I'm gonna stick with the Adex at .5mg for another week and then either add letro or nolva if they are still puffy.

Good leg workout this morning, squats up to 375 for 5 full reps.
    Probably bloat....Mine do that too. Do you feel tissue behind them? If so is it sensitive if you pinch? If so I would bump up the adex dose.

Hows your strength and weight gains so far?

Probably bloat....Mine do that too. Do you feel tissue behind them? If so is it sensitive if you pinch? If so I would bump up the adex dose.

Hows your strength and weight gains so far?
    I dont feel any tissue or lumps behind them, but they are just a little bit sensitive, not much at all though (and to be honest, I dont tend to pinch them much when they are normal so it could all be in my head).

I'm starting to feel some strengh gains although nothing drastic yet. For example, before cycle I could get 275 on flat bench for 3 reps and I got 280 for five reps (without a spotter) earlier yesterday. So I estimate my max bench has gone up 15 pounds or so which is pretty good considering I'm only through two weeks I guess.

Last cycle, I didn't really blow up until week 5-6 on deca so I anticipate my gains really jumping up in a couple of weeks.

As far as weight, Im up about 10 pounds, some of which is definately water. I look a little less puffy since I started A-Dex a week ago.

I had a good upper body workout yesterday. Strengh is up a bit but still nothing dramatic. 1cc of deca in each glute again yesterday as well. I'm still hovering around the 220lb mark weight wise.

Hows the bloat?

So are you doing 600mgs test?

And I think you should finish up the last 6 weeks up until PCT were the party starts to slow with some winstrol .

Deca & winstrol go together like moonshine and my sister....LOL JK

Hows the bloat?

So are you doing 600mgs test?

And I think you should finish up the last 6 weeks up until PCT were the party starts to slow with some winstrol .

Deca & winstrol go together like moonshine and my sister....LOL JK
    Bloat seems to be under control with .50 A-dex. I'm still holding some water, but not too bad.

I am still running 600mgs test, 400mgs deca .

I will probably avoid the winny as I already take plenty of otc supplements for my joints (shoulders and elbows) and I dont want to dry them out any more.

With regards to the moonshine and your sister combination, it is not a cycle that I have ever thought about running, but I may consider it in the future.

Today is an off day and I have noticed a significant increase in sex drive. I hope my GF is ready for extra cardio later.

I'm also really looking forward to the sust kicking in fully and the deca kicking in, expecially considering my results from only deca, at a lower dose, last cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerdan
    Bloat seems to be under control with .50 A-dex. I'm still holding some water, but not too bad.

I am still running 600mgs test, 400mgs deca .

I will probably avoid the winny as I already take plenty of otc supplements for my joints (shoulders and elbows) and I dont want to dry them out any more.

With regards to the moonshine and your sister combination, it is not a cycle that I have ever thought about running, but I may consider it in the future.

Today is an off day and I have noticed a significant increase in sex drive. I hope my GF is ready for extra cardio later.

I'm also really looking forward to the sust kicking in fully and the deca kicking in, expecially considering my results from only deca, at a lower dose, last cycle.

Oh yeah, I remember now about your past threads about joint issues.
    Yeah I wouldn't mess with it then. You should gain plenty alone from those 2 so no biggy. Keep hitting those weights hard and remember, you grow outside of the gym not in it!

OK, screw sust injections in the delt. My left shoulder/arm is still very sore from a 1.25 sust injection on Monday. Just below my left delt, like between the delt and bicept there is a pink area that is warm to the touch and somewhat swollen, just like my first sust injection a couple weeks ago, which eventually cleared up after about a week. I haven't had similar problems with my right delt for some reason. Anyway, I'm planning on sticking to glute and quad injections from here on out.

I'm off to the gym for upper body workout. Will update this afternoon.

Really good upper body workout today. I was able to train with a partner and the intensity was very good. Strength is still going up slowely. I'm still waiting for the cycle to really kick in.

I think that I have mentioned before that I have started dividing my workouts between upperbody and lowerbody. This way, I hit upper body three times per week and lowerbody twice per week focusing on mainly compound power movements. You will notice that I only did six exercises total for upper body, but I feel that my body is responding well to the new split. I normally do a warm up set and then three working sets for each exercise using heavy weight as I'm interested in gaining strength as well as size.

Flat Bench: 185x10 235x8 280x3 290x3 315x2
    Deadlifts: 135x12 350x5 350x5 430x2
    Pullups 4 sets of 8
    Hammer Strength shoulder press 4 sets of 12, 10, 6, 4
    Dumbell Shrugs: 80s x 12, 100s x 10, 130s x 10, 140s x 10
    Close Grip Bench 4 sets 12, 10, 10, 10
    Dumbell curls 4 sets 10, 8, 6, 4
    Last edited by Dangerdan; 11-30-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information