sav22 is offline Associate Member

A New Breed of Skinny (kinda catchy don't you think)

Call it a fad, call it what you will...but here's my diary!!!

Alright guys starting today, I'll be posting in this thread; my diet and workout routine........and it'll all be here for you to help me tweak.

.....And yes this is just a natural bulking "cycle" so to speak but all in good time my friends

Check out my profile for all necessary stats...the weight will be changed for the lesser because of all the undocardio I've been putting in the past month or so but everything else is good to go .

For all the guys who say if I'm not on then what's the big deal? Then just don't post in here. Putting up what I eat will help me tweak all the necessary adjustments in getting my body to grow plus it a little incentive to actually attaining this goal. So to all the bro's out there who've put up with being skinny for parts of there lives then dedicated themselves to getting bigger....this one's for you, and to everyone else...yeah well this one's for you too.

.....to all the huge-everyone-wants-his-body-look-at-him-hes-so-good-looking-he-has-the-perfect-diet-and-perfect-form-kinda-guys make room for me at the squat rack!!! There's a new breed of skinny guy....well not really 'cause my knees are a little brittle ....awww hell just look out!

sav22

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    Ha ha......I like your style Sav22

Hell i'll read and input on what you have to say brother.....so fuck it and post away bro!

AZ

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Im with AZ bro. Post away and well throw in our .02 any time we get the chance. Very good way to keep yourself motivated.

Alright guys...these are the rules of the skinny club...I will only post a full days diet and workout, meaning it'll only be really done just before I go to bed. You guys can critique, slam and throw advice my way so that I can start tweaking it throughout the next day and so forth....so here goes nothing...

7:30am Wake Up (wake up it's the first of the month....c'mon guys you know you listened to Bone thugs in harmony at some point right guys?.....guys?)

8:00am Breakfast
    1 glass of cranberry juice
    1 scoop of weightgainer w/1 scoop of protein, 6 tsp of peanut butter, 1 tsp of honey, and 1 scoop of ice cream

9:45am Workout - Chest and Biceps
    DB benchpress 10/10/8/8/6
    Incline press 10/10/5/5/4 (no spotter to help out)
    Incline flyes 10/10/8/8

Bicep curls 12/12/12/12
    Preacher curls 12/12/10/8
    Cable curls 12/12/12/12

* Now the workout seems relatively short but I'm concentrating on very strict form and I drink a litre of water throughout the workout

11:00am Post-Workout
    2 scoop protein shake

11:30am Lunch
    8 oz. chicken thighs w/ 3 small potatoes
    800ml water

2:00pm Snack
    2 pizza pops (for all my American bro's, they are just like pizza pockets...only better...hahahahaha)
    800ml water

4:30pm Snack
    1pk of oatmeal
    800ml water

9:30pm Dinner
    8 oz. chicken thighs w/ 3 small potatoes
    800ml water

*The only reason why it's so far spaced out is that I was working and I have no time to really sit down and have a meal...actually I ate standing up cause I never got a break....WTF?...yes my job blows before you tell me yourself )

12:00am
    1 scoop weightgainer w/1 scoop protein, 6 tsp of peanut butter, 1 tsp of honey and 1 scoop of ice cream

Okay that's it for me on this post...hell that was longer then I thought Hell I put up you guys you can put up with me All comments are obviously welcome and pm me if you wanna share your secret tips (before anyone tells me to just juice...thanks...it's already crossed the mind hehehehe) Discipline comes first with this skinny guy...yes that's right I'M A NEW BREED OF SKINNY!!!

sav22

AZ, Psycoswole thanks for the posts of encouragement guys...it's an uphill battle but my balls are out and I'm running full force (sorry for the vivid picture guys )

Man I just woke up not too long ago....I've missed like three meals already...damn I guess all those late nights here on AR are catching up to me...well at least I got a good nights rest. Right now I have to go and gorge myself to catch up. Maybe a weightgainer and some chicken and some pizza pops and some.....

Oh yeah and I'm so glad that many of you have takin' a liking to see what's going on

NoLimits is offline Member
    Well, let me be the first to talk to you about your diet! You say you are tring to bulk... So lets up the food intake. With what you stated you ate today, that's not much. You are using a lot of drinks (protein, and weightgainer shakes). They are good, but you will need real food. Your breakfast is a great place to start... Do you not like to eat before you workout? I think it should be more like 8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, add in some lean ground turkey to them, then top off with fat free cheese. Also, 1 cup oatmeal w/ non fat milk. And drink water with this meal.

Let me know what you think... we can talk about the rest of your meals then!

Guys I've had a shitty ass day and shitty ass diet! I'm not even gonna post what I had 'cause I already know it

Tomorrow is a new day and that's how I have to deal with it but I've been working these long hours and eating is so hard for me to do when my schedule is so askewed everyday. It's really hard to fall into a routine.

NoLimits - I did however eat what you suggested before I left for work. I modified it a little but for the most part it was what you said to do...and I'll continue to do that for breakfast...so thanks man for the kick in the pants, it was exactly what I was looking for when I started this thread.

So to all you nighthawks, I'm off to bed 'cause I have to go to an 8am meeting on a F'ING SATURDAY so enjoy yours more then I will mine

Back again for another post on this here thread......

Well it has been quite the day for me...between work and eating and wondering what time of day it is...it's just been one of those days if you know what I mean

I can't remember the times that I ate at 'cause I didn't have any time to log down what exactly I was putting in to my body...but I remember most of the food content...

2 cheese bagels w/turkey and butter
    5 whole eggs (scrambled w/turkey)
    3 slices bacon
    weightgainer w/protein, 6 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of honey
    6 chicken thighs (yes I have the breasts but I had to finish of the thighs which weren't frozen....the breast are for the rest of the week....I'm sure most of you are quite familiar with the Costco ones )
    3 potatoes
    2 protein shakes (pro and post workout)
    2 pizza pops
    bag of chips
    2.5 litres of water and juice (no...not that kind )

This is what I had to eat throughout the day...not to mention I was consistantly on my feet (on a Saturday no less)!

Workout was quick and simple for a back day, I had 35 min. to get it done so I had to really move.
    Bentover barbell row - 12/10/10/8/6
    Lat pulldowns - 12/10/10/8/6
    DB rows - 12/10/10/8/6

Question:
    Would it be more advantages to add one extra meal a week instead of adding a couple a day? I feel that whenever I try to up all my meals in every single day, right away that I slowly start to become fuller and fuller with the less I put in throughout the coming weeks. Does anyone have any insight on this...or is it a hump that I must just travel over to get to the other side?

Thanks guys have a great night and I'll be around soon.

GIMMIE'50ft. is offline New Member

OK

This in no way is meant as a flame or anything similar. I have a lot of experience with diets not juice so I just want to ask, Are you shitting your brains out with all that heavy protein and pretty much zero greens or fruit? Yeah I know protein protein protein, but what about heart attack heart attack heart attack. Im a skinny guy naturally, not boney just lean a fibrous. My weight will shift between 2-6 lbs. a day. So on a 197 lb. frame its a big difference. Im starting to find that too much protein and zero variety just leave me feeling bulky and not hungry for a long time, sometimes if it is my second lunch I wont eat the rest of the day.Then I wake up super tight and hungry-not a good feeling since my breakfast is usually too small, then I eat a giant brunch and my schedule is screwed for another day. An easy way for me to get greens and fruit is grazing. Have a bag of salad around and some carrots to munch on. I try to get 200 grams of protein a day but it just doesnt happen, I feel that it would really be a waste since I'm not going to gain 25 lbs of muscle and turn into a bulky machine. Hey bro and dont think a lean tone body is looked down upon in the gym or by chicks. I know in top form my 6'2 200lb. 9% bf self looks damn good. But I am trying to add maybe another 10 by the end of my current cycle (I'm 190 natural). But I do know that bulk is important since a shirt hides most of that tone cut muscle. Make sure you get variety otherwise this plan will be history in a week or so.

You have to clean up that diet! Loose the pizza pops, chips, bacon, and bagels. You called this thread " a new breed of skinny" You eat like that it will be "fat". Yes you need to eat at least 6 meals a day. But you are missing it big time! Sorry for the flame, but if you want to grow, and I mean grow the right way, with muscles, not fat... you need to start eating right! Glad to hear that you ate what I suggested before for breakfast. You need to incorperate foods like: tuna, salmon, steak (lean), eggs, brown rice, veggies, red potatos, oatmeal, flax oil, natural peanut butter, chicken, just to start with. You should be eating at least 4000 cal/day to stop being skinny. You are only 150 lbs... you need to eat, and eat a lot...

Alright guys, this is great! I in no means take what you guys say as a flame....you guys are helping me out big time. You guys are the only ones that I can look upon to give me a critical outlook on what I'm eating.

Gimme50'ft - I appreciate your comments on the fruits and vegetables, now that you mention it I haven't really been getting my vegetables or fruits...everynow and then I have a carrot or so but not enough...so thanks for letting me know.

NoLimits - Thanks for the fire under my ass bro! It's exactly the kind of comments that will help me get to a diet that is what is expected to gain. Yes it's a complete overhaul but it's something that must be done in order to grow. So keep it them coming bro...'cause I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

sav22

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by sav22

7:30am Wake Up (wake up it's the first of the month....c'mon guys you know you listened to Bone thugs in harmony at some point right guys?.....guys?)
    Even myself I can die today, I'm alive it but shit aint worth it here, aint none of here to stay. I'm home a ground, Ima lace boots, so when its to shoot, its here, Screamin out Bone Thug in this bitch, scream Bone thug in this bitch. All day baby.

That's a lot of sugar IMO. Maltodextrin fromn that weight gainer might not have sugar, but it is assimilated almost as fast as sugar...so watch out for that waistline bro. Eat well, but eat good.

oats,yams,brown rice, potatoes, squash

lean meat, eggs, shakes and bars

natty pb, omegas, extra virgin olive oil (or should i just say...PaPaPumP love oil)
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 07-29-2002 at 01:26 AM.

I'm too tired to post everything but tomorrow's intake will be up...NoLimits - I will eventually come up with something you'll like...it's just a matter of time. I owe you for the fire you've lit under me ...PPP, again thanks for the response and keep the raps coming....hahahaha that's some funny shit.

Well sav22, I will say you have the right mind set for what you are trying to accomplish. Keep that motivation, it will help. Just start simple, learn how your body reacts to food and your workouts. Then you can tweak both to reach your goals. We are here to answer any questions you may have. Good Luck!

Good attitude!

Right on man! But you can't just talk about it (not that I think thats what you are doing) Its easy to stick yourself once a day and expect results, but dieting is a very long term commitment (as in your whole life). What I do is read labels, if you buy something with ingredients you can't read it probably is not that healthy. read your pizza pop labels. Partially hydrogenated, chemically bonded etc. I'm not sure its bad for you but you don't know how much of that protein is crap and where the carbs are coming from. So for someone who wants to add weight naturally eliminate the crap. I dont shop at natural markets or organic vegan shops. Just turn the big shiny box around and see whats inside. My breakfast this morning was oatmeal, tuna and eggs, water, and OJ. I feel the clean calories ready to be burnt. Get a lot more fiber in that diet to clean out system. Drink cranbeery juice and take some milk thistle. I know you are not running a program but you can still keep your liver in top shape which promotes just about every good aspect of dieting. Plus clean calories make you feel so much better!!! You know chips are not good; just eliminate them! You know bacon is horrible so cut down on it to once every couple of weeks. You can get your protein and carbs without those shakes just read labels, plus I really would like to know how much of the values are actually absorbed by your body. Start creatine it will help you look lean as you grow. Clean it up and keep it up!

On the first!

Gotta grind, GOTTA GET MINE!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    2 things, one you said you've always been skinny right - well then I have to cordially disagree with some of my bros on this one. Screw cleaning up that diet. Focus on protein and total caloric intake, make sure you're getting (along with all the engineered stuff) good carbs from some whole foods. As long as you're getting around 5000cal a day and a lot of protein, eat whatever else you want. Hold water because you're full of carbs - mass is mass. Even if you do get up to around 10 - 11%, you'll be able to get down again easily. 2, bringing protein bars to work with me helps me out a lot. Throw in a couple of those during the day and your protein intake goes way up.

Finally my computer isn't buggering up...it was down all yesturday....finally it's not crashing on me.

Yesturday's diet was very good...I might not have gotten all the calories I needed but I was very clean. Today's is just as good as I'll post tonight. Right now I'm just trying to get more calories into it for today. Maybe some peanuts or something.

Glad to hear all your comments bros, I appreciate all the advice to help me out with my (skinny) situation.

More to come tonight.

Tues, July 30th

It's been a good day today...yes, finally a day off in this hectic place called Earth. I've been able to eat, workout and get a little sun so here it goes.

Breakfast - x2 chicken breasts and oatmeal (I've run out of eggs for the rest of the week till friday so I'll be having chicken breasts or lean steaks for breakfast till then)
    Snack - protein bar and oatmeal
    Workout
    Snack - protein shake w/peanut butter
    Lunch - chicken breast and potatoes
    Dinner - x2 chicken breasts and assortment of bagged veggies (and yes this time I took them out of the bag...who knew that you couldn't just throw it all in the microwave )
    Snack - Weightgainer w/protein, peanut butter, honey

*I've also been drinking about 3 litres of water, along with the occasional glass of OJ.

I think the diet is getting a little better and I am definately able to see a big difference with keeping away from so much fat, my hunger hasn't left at all and it just seems normal to be hungrey again every couple of hours.

I have definately found a new found respect for you guys that do this day in and day out, let alone just for a cycle.

That's a good start. You definitly need to up the calories. I eat more then that when cutting! But your getting the idea. Food, combined with muscles, turns your body into a furnace, so as you start to build more muscles, you need keep the calories up!

Sorry I haven't been around to update you guys, I've had a rough week. I had to fly out of here for a family emergency and I haven't had the time nor the effort to post up. It's been a stressful week. My days are a full 24 hours long and sleep is minimal....diet has taken a back seat since I've been flying and living out of a hotel for a little while...I haven't the energy at the moment to workout. Soon enough though, things are getting better...I won't be around for a little while I have to take care of some business and I'll be flying around and all that good stuff. So take it easy guys and I'll see y'ah in a bit.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    Hope everything goes well with your family bro!

AZ

Thread Information