davisnmn is offline New Member

Where's the Beef?

OK, so i am running my first cycle, 400cc Test C and 200 Deca intended as a 14

week cycle. This Friday will start week 7. Around week 4 i noticed my sexual

apatite grew a good bit. By week 5 I noticed I was adding weight to my lifts but

me nor the scale has noticed any weight change in me... Where's the beef?

Shouldn't I be expecting some gains by now? Anyone else experience this kind

of timing? Ohh and if it's never been heard of before I would like to name it ...

BODY LAG. any way all of your input would be greatly appreciated.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Some folks are gonna respond faster than other to test and deca . Likewise, some people experience more water bloat. It's possible that you may not experience much bloating on your cycle. Bloating is what causes the initial weight gain most people will experience. If you are bloating or holding extra water, you are going to be putting on weight at a slower pace. Extra weight from bloating is going to go away after the cycle anyway. If you are experience strength gains that I wouldn't worry about to much.

That being said, you may really need to look at your diet. No matter how much AAS you take, if you aren't getting enough cal's you aren't going to put on any weight.

Has your bodyfat gone down any? If so, and your weight has stayed the same, you are simply swapping fat for muscle, a good thing in anyone's book. What did your diet look like before and now during the cycle? If you haven't upped the calories significantly, you probably aren't going to be putting on much weight.

With the cycle I'm currently on, I haven't put on any weight, but I've added a good amount of muscle while dropping fat. This is done by diet manipulation. Weight isn't the only or best measure of gains. Hope this helps.

A real pain in the A$$

u still never showed us a new diet. if you're still following this diet then thats your problem man.

davisnmn is offline New Member
    I'm sure diet is a big part of it, I got strep really bad a few weeks back and couldn't eat anything for the better part of 2 weeks. After i got better it's like my stomach shrank, I eat as much as i can but it has to be in these amounts that are way to damn small. Any more and i start to gag, like there is no room for it. This is a huge pain in the ass. For now i just keep pushing up the amounts i can eat with every meal..trying to get more in there to "Stretch" my stomach again. If that makes sense?

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisnmn
    I'm sure diet is a big part of it, I got strep really bad a few weeks back and couldn't eat anything for the better part of 2 weeks. After i got better it's like my stomach shrank, I eat as much as i can but it has to be in these amounts that are way to damn small. Any more and i start to gag, like there is no room for it. This is a huge pain in the ass. For now i just keep pushing up the amounts i can eat with every meal..trying to get more in there to "Stretch" my stomach again. If that makes sense?
    I think you've already identified the reason you aren't growing. You aren't eating enough. If the the correct nutrition isn't there, you can take all the AAS you want, you will not grow. It's like wiping your ass and then taking a shit. Pointless, no?

You have 7 weeks left in your cycle. Get your diet in order and try to gain as much as possible with the gear you have left. Also, remember in order for you to keep the gains make, you have to keep the intensity up in the gym and you need to keep your diet strict after you are off of AAS.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisnmn
    Diet definitely seems to be the problem. Cycling can really put a hurting on your immune system. My last cycle, I got strep twice over a 10 week period and it pretty much eliminated any gains. I would focus less on trying to eat more with every meal and focus on eating more often.

I can't eat really large portions anymore, but I dont have any trouble taking in plenty of calories. Get a couple of containers of quaker oats and some good sources of protein and just eat eat eat. Even a good protein shake a couple times a day can make a difference. You still have plenty of time to make good gains so get that diet on track today.

bigjamie is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Dangerdan diet is super important man. I had a similar problem when I first started trying to eat big. I found I had to eat around 9 - 10 smaller meals a day rather than trying to eat more for 6 meals a day. You have to get that clean food in their man eat eat eat.... good luck

Thread Information