grapplingdummy is offline New Member

1st Real Clen/T3 Cycle

As of 4/1, I started my first Clen /T3 cycle. I'm taking oral Clen and T3 and will convert to liquid when the pills are finished.

Background:
    I'm a 35 year old, 5'11 male who practices jiu-jitsu pretty feverishly. I weigh 180.2 lbs with 20% body fat. I've been practicing for over a year and have lost a total of 17 pounds due to the level of intensity and cardio needed when rolling. During this loss, I've lost a bit of muscle in addition to fat so the intention of this cycle is to drop body fat only. My goal is to be at 175-180 with <15% BF.

Dosages/Frequency:
    -The overall cycle will last 45 days with the Clen running 2 weeks on/off.
    -For Clen, started at 60 mcg/day, increase 20 mcg every two days until I reach 120 mcg/day.
    -For T3, started at 50 mcg/day, will increase 25 mcg every two days until I reach 100 mcg/day
    -Due to the use of T3, I may use a cycle of Winstrol to offset any muscle loss

Exercise:
    I will continue to practice jiu-jitsu five to seven hours a week. I will also incorporate morning cardio sessions of 2.5 miles runs Mon, Wed, Fri and 5 miles on Tue, Thur. In addition, I will incorporate light lifting of 100 pushups per day (as I've never been able to build a respectable chest), daily ab work and bicep/tricep training to rebuild the muscle that was lost of the past year. The loss is most noticeable in my arms though I'm stronger. Go figure.

Diet:
    -Far less garbage
    -More protein
    -Caloric intake of approximately 2000K per day. With the amount of exercise I get I want to make sure I provide my body enough energy to minimize the loss of muscle.

As stated above, I'll post as often as I can but will definitely post results every 7 days, both weight, bf % and pics. If anyone has any comments or questions, please feel free to post or ask.

Thanks in advance.

GD.

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    sounds like your well on your way....wish you luck....train hard and eat clean

Update 1

Day 5:

As of today, I'm at my 5th day. Today I'm at 100 mcg of Clen and 80 mcg of T3. It's been tough to workout as much as I'd like this week. Monday I had jiu-jitsu for an hour. UFC was in Denver so had a dinner on Tuesday and the fights on Wednesday. Recovered on Thursday and skiied on Friday. I'm back to working out today. 1 hour of non-stop grappling today which is an incredible workout.

The clen has had me shaky since the start but nothing I can't handle. I notice that I shake more when holding something, like a fork. I've also notice that my legs are very tight and feel on the verge of cramping. This is mostly in my hamstrings.

I thought that cramping would become a real problem when rolling but had no issues today. Left the gym tapping another guy 6 times to none.

Weight is at 177.8 but probably mostly water since my bf% is still at 20%. I'll make sure to keep up the workouts from here on out and hopefully we'll see the bf% drop.

One other note. I've noticed that since starting the clen/t3 that I "pit out", which I never do. My sweat glans seem to be working more than usual, especially in the underarm area. I don't know if this is common with clen but it's something I'm experiencing.

GD.
    Last edited by grapplingdummy; 04-05-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Update 2

Day 6

Just an update. Now that I've moved to 100 mcg on the clen I'm feeling pretty restless and agitated. Two days in a row and the agitation is pretty annoying. Hopefully this goes away in a few days and doesn't get worse when I move to 120 mcg.

GD

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    it should minimize

Update 3

Day 7:

Today was absolute brutal. The clen /t3 were fine and in check but my workout was a killer. I did 30 straight minutes of plyo-training and then three straight hours of BJJ tonight. I'm f-cking beat.

Anyways, here we are. Once week into the process and here are my results.

Weight =176.0 (loss of 4.2 lbs)
    BF% = 19.5% (loss of .5%)

I'd like to see that BF% number drop but with half week of exercise I'm not going to complain. I think the some of the weight loss is water weight so I'll try to do a better job of hydrating myself.

I would post pics but the ones I took are only three days further along than the ones I posted and they don't show much, if any, difference. I'll be sure to post at Day 14.

GD.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    keep up the good work bro~

Baxter is offline Junior Member
    you lost 4.5lbs and .5% BF in one week.
    I dont know what everyone else thinks but i think thats good.
    Keep it up!!

jeffefrijoles is offline Associate Member
    Supplemental Taurine will help with the cramping (do a quick search for dosage, but I think in the neighborhood of 2-3 grams/day). And yes, drink more water! You will start to drop steadily soon. Why only 45 days? Also, you can run the clen straight through with using benadry (50 mgs each night) during the third week (end every third week there after) indefinitely. You can use Ketotifin as well (slightly more effective), but benadryl is easier and cheaper and works. the shakes and agitation will subside. Some people actually take the entire dosage at bedtime, and sleep through the side effects! I've never tried it before though, as I was always under the impression that it would affect sleeping - but apparently it works for some. I'll be starting similar cycle myself soon (previous experience). Good luck!!

Update ?

Day 8:

Another day and more work. I'm working out (cardio/conditioning wise) like a mad-man. I wore the heart monitor for two hours of Muay Thai and conditioning and burned 1,400 calories. I was curious what the delta was between calories burned exercising versus sitting around. It looks like I burn 215 calories an hour just hanging out.

As for everyone posting, thanks for the comments and information. I've read about Benadryl and really didn't know much about Keto. Thanks for the education. I think for now I'll work the 2 weeks on/off and see if the progress continues. If it's not enough I'll move to the Benadryl option.

As for why only 45 days, that's how long I have between now and my trip to Vegas for UFC 84. That trip will include quite a bit of pool time at the Hard Rock and I want to be in some kind of shape. Beyond that weekend, if I'm making good progress, I'll probably carry it out for as long as I need to get my BF% where it needs to be.

By the way, today I'm looking at 176.6 lbs. and 18.5% bodyfat. This is the 1st time I can remember being under 19% in a very long time. I don't know if 15% by the end of May is achievable but I'm going to try very hard. I've also gotten over the agitation caused by the clen . Even the shakes are minimal so I seemed to have adjusted pretty well.

FYI, I keep my protein intake between 180-200g per day with my carbs fairly low. Hopefully this helps with fat loss and muscle retention. Any comments or tips on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

GD.

Good luck, and have fun in Vegas!! One more thing - one simple way to see if the efficacy of the clen is still in effect is to monitor your body temp at the two week mark. Clen elevates it I think by about a degree (you'll want to research that) and will start to level back off as your receptors downgrade - thus requiring the time off. (or Bendry/Keto) to upregulate. At any rate, keep up the good work and the log!

Update

Day 11

Here we are at Day 11. I haven't posted in a few days as I decided to take a few days off due to the rigorous training. I maintained a clean diet, however.

Today I was back to training and I felt great. Two solid hours or grappling and I'm feeling good for more of the same tomorrow.

I noticed that in my weight/body fat log that figures were erratic. Due to this, I decided to submit my updates based on averages. Here's how it plays out:

Week before 4/1 - 180.6 lbs & 20.3% bf
    4/1 thought 4/10 - 178.4 lbs. & 19.4 bf

As you can see, this isn't all over the place like my daily results are. I'll post results, with pics, every 10 days or so and we'll hopefully see a steady decrease. Hope this works better.

Now to the clen /t3. The clen has no negative effects on me at this point. Today I ran out of t3 in pill form and moved to the liquid version. I do have a question to make certain that I'm taking the right dose. My bottle is 200mcg/1ml. I have insulin syringes that are 1cc. If 1cc = 1ml, and there are 100 tick marks on the syringe, then I would fill to 50 to get 100mcg, right? Seems pretty straight forward but I'd rather ask then make mistakes due to not asking.

Thanks in advance.

GD.

yes on the 50 mark for 100mcg on the 1 cc slin pin.

boDAWG is offline Member
    you will use winstrol to offset muscle loss? am i the only one that caught this one? no, just hit the gym harder than you usually do, up the protein lower the carbs and you should be good

Geez... I missed that too. Yes, stay away from the winny. Especially with your training. Winny may be brutal on your joints and can dry you out. Not the best for speed/endurance athletes. You are already getting dehydrated from your workouts and the clen , which would only exacerbate this effect IMO. Like boDawg suggests, increase your protein. Get more rest and more water.

Update

Thanks for the catch on the Winstrol . I will stay far away and continue with current routine.

Thread Information