Get Ripped is offline New Member

my transformation

I'm not quite sure what triggered this but about 5-6 weeks ago I had an epiphany.

It seemed like out of nowhere it hit me, I had become a Fat Loaf.

Fact is I abused my body over time, but realized how out of shape I had become with one glance in the mirror. I don't know how this happens but when your body is gaining fat your mind tends not to recognize the extent of it until you hit a breaking point and finally it registers "holy sh!t im fat."

I had fallen into all of the NYC traps. I had not been cooking any of my meals. In NY the stove is often considered extra Storage Space. I loved the nightlife, guzzling tequila and vodka on a regular basis in meatpacking district night clubs, and burning the candle on both ends by going to bed late and waking up early.

Although I had been working out my gym workouts had become inconsistent. My cardio mostly was a method to sweat out booze and when it came to wieght lifting I mostly farted around the gym.

Any way about 5 or 6 weeks ago I had the epihany, and I decided I was going to get in the best shape of my life.

Gym owners would tell you that this happens to about half of America every time Jan 1 rolls around and people have made there New Years resolutions, but mine is not all talk, my resolution, my desire to get in tremendous shape is as real as my dedication to that desire.

In other words... I think i'm now one of the hardest working guys in the gym.

I started my quest moments after my epiphany, and I will never look back.

I weighed my self day one I was 6'3" 259 lbs.

Today I am at 242 and looking forward to my training session.

i want to document my transformation not only for all of you message board weirdo's out there but for myself.

Although i will start updating it reguarally from now on heres my summary of where i stand and what I've been doing thus far:

Supplements;

Lipo 6 (1-2 Pills a day max thats all i can handle)
    ZMA Night Growth
    HouseofMuscle.com (3,6,17)
    adding fiber today

Diet;

2-4 Protien Drinks a Day
    5- 6 total meals
    All the body building usual suspects (egg whites, oatmeal, turkey chicken, fish, low carbs (wheat wraps or 7 grain), filets, peanut butter, turkey burger, brocoli, spinach, tomatos,beans, tuna, feta cheese, lots of Coke Zero, lowfat yogurt. 1 or cheat meals a week generally BBQ.

about 1 gallon of water a day

Regiman;

4 -5 days of lifting or lifting and cardio work outs per week.
    1 day = lifting legs (no bs, squats etc.)
    Cardio = every other day either spinning or running a minimum of 3 miles now, or swimming for 20 min fast.

Once a week I use a personal trainer to push me a bit further.

3 weeks ago my body fat was 21.6 %

OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT,

the reason why I am on this board and this specific thread is because I seem to be making significant progress now, and because of the holidays, and my December Travel Schedule I plan on starting my GrowtH cycle for 6 months beginning in mid January.

I'll start posting pictures...
    Last edited by Get Ripped; 11-21-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: wrote months when i meant weeks...

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    glad to here u have seen the light mate good luck with where u wna b and i kno ull get there. u will get loads of help here. and welcome to ar

widowmaker2 is offline Senior Member
    nice job bro....post a start photo if you have one... we like to monitor ppl progress as well... keep up the good work!!

Blog Entries
    welcome bro,i cant find where you mentioned your age. im assuming your older like me(36)anyway congrats on turning a new page in your life.i didnt really start lifting until i was about 30 although i lifted for a few years out of high school.i guess the point im making that you probably already know is that you can do it.and its never too late(im in the best shape of my life and as i progress i get hungryer for more).i can tell by your first post that your heart is in this and i look forward to wathing your progress.good luck man.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Not to be a downer, but by January, i doubt you'll be ready for GH.

Anyway, congrats on taking control of your life, all the best!

-WAR

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    You want to make 100% sure you are done growing, appropriate bf levels, and certain amount of time has passed before you start imo. you want to be at your max limit before any type of steroid is started. their are a number of things that you would benefit from by doing this.

1. you have proper training principles in place
    2. you have learned proper hard work ethics with weight training and understand them
    3. your tendons and ligaments are strong and ready, which reduces risk of injury
    4. you have learned proper nutrition
    5. your body fat is low to avoid excessive sides

This is all needed to maximize your potential when going to the darkside.

good luck!

My Journey Begins Here. 258 lbs

My Journey Began Here: 258 lbs

P.S. I'm 29 years old
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my transformation-img_0373.jpg  

Friday, Nov 28 2008

242 lbs...

NOVEMBER 21 2008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my transformation-img_0104.jpg  
    Last edited by Get Ripped; 11-21-2008 at 04:29 PM.

GitErDun is offline Junior Member
    good luck bro, i was in your shoes a few years back, through strict diet and exercise, i went from sloppy 213 down to 175 naturally in 6 months. I wish you all the best, and remember, its a lifestyle, if you live it day in and day out, YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOALS!!!

Once again all the best!!!

Thanks For The Support Guys

I really appreciate all the support this board has already showed me. I think it will become a great resource. Thanks Alot
    Guys.http://forums.steroid.com/images/smi.../aaGreen22.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Get Ripped View Post
    242 lbs...

NOVEMBER 28 2008
    Its the 21st bro...

No worries... Good luck on the transformation!

And again, i gotta tell you, youre not gonna be ready for GH by january.

keep your focus on getting into a proper weight w a low bf% before thinking of using gear or GH.

liftohio is offline New Member
    Looking forward to see what you can do. Good luck man!

damn... Thanksgiving might of been a few steps in the wrong direction... **** it right? but if there is anyday of the year i deserve to get a hall pass its thanksgiving. anyway i ran a 5k turkey trot so i dont really feel so guilty. actually yes i do...

I intend on posting my photo or my photos once a week.

if it needs to be more often let me know.

BIG_TRUCK is offline Member
    Your body fat is much higher than 21%. I would assume you calculated that from a hand held device which are very inaccurate. Not trying to bum you out, but you are closer to 31-35% BF judging from your pic. Best to be realistic than to feel depressed when you decide, if ever to get a accurate body fat test done.

Good luck with your transformation.

How do I get an accurate Body Fat testing?

Skin Caliper.

They should have one at your gym. If not, they are not too expensive.

rnbiker is offline New Member
    Ripped your story sounds similar to mine. I woke up one morning, looked in the mirror was just utterly disgusted! I couldnt climb a flight of stairs without getting short of breath. I started getting up at 4:30 every morning and running, got my diet in check and joined the gym. I joined this board and started soaking up all the knowledge I could absord. In 4 months I went from 215 to a respectable 170 all with just diet and cardio. When these guys on the board say diet and cardio, diet and cardio they mean it! Cant wait to see your results in a few months!

Whats a good body fat percentage to start GH?

The board seems to be unanimously against starting GH cycle to early...whats a good body fat percentage to do so?

merciless83 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with most on here, i gove you props for noticing the problem and working hard to correct however you are nowhere near ready for any kind of AAS you have to have reached your natural best in order to then reap the most benefits from a cycle. I can realte to your story because like you I noticed one day I was getting out of hand i was weighing 259 lbs adn although I had 19" arms I also had an almost size 38 waist, that was january of this year, I changed my diet and my cardio regime increased my intensity in the gym and dropped to a decently lean 205 lbs I am now a size 32 and man let em tell you its great. I am doing my cycle of tren and test to see where it gets me since Im pretty sure naturally I have reached my best without AAS. Best of luck to you friend.

The board seems to be unanimously against starting GH cycle to early...whats a good body fat percentage to do so?
    I have a question before i answer this. Why do you want to use GH?

What research have you done on it and its use?

And as for your question, anything under 12%.. It just makes the risks of estrogen related sides too high.

Checking In

I figured its probably about time for me to check in.

I'm still going very hard. All natural.

I'm hovering around 235-240 but i have added some muscle in the gym.

I'll try and post a picture. I feel 1000% better mentally and my energy levels are up.

I am being complemented now by the people i only see once a month on my progress...

i'll post a flick this week. don't expect to see dramatic change.

ps.

my gym regiman is stellar 5-6 times a week very very hard.
    my diet is better but not as clean as it should be.

BK

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    keep it up and keep us posted

Now...

progress is visible
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my transformation-img_0258.jpg  

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good progress. Definitely visible. You never answered the question about why GH. Is there a specific reason because IMO you should train hard for a long period of time until you just cant make anymore gains (with a good clean diet). Then think about adding in a little help

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    Great progress and I'm glad to hear you're sticking with it!! I was 225 with a high level of body fat last june. Like you I just got sick of it....drinking mad amounts of alcohol didn't help my body out either. Quit the drink and started diet and cardio. Dropped to 175 by september(yeah I know not good to cut weight that quick). Started lifting and maintaining a good nutrition program and am now 198(5'10') and 13.6% bodyfat....my goal is around 10%.

Don't give up.....you're looking good and whether you know it or not you are probably inspiring someone else to drop some lb's too.

Kudos my man

Pitt

PittBoy is offline Associate Member
    One thing.....I noticed lots of Coke Zero in your diet. I have been a huge diet pop addict for a long time. I have learned a few things that made me quit recently(well limit it a lot more). I was drinking like 3 to 4 liters a day with a gallon of water.....yeah I drink a lot.

Diet pop makes you puffy.....that's the smallest side effect. Some others are.....makes you hungry because of the empty calories....makes you crave more sweets because of the artificial sweeteners which can make temptations worse that a non diet pop drinker.

The makes you look puffy side effect did it for me.........I'm trying to look ripped not puffy!!!

Just some info I thought you might be interested in.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Keep up the good work bro!

alex18 is offline Member
    progress is visible
    good work! did you get an accurate BF% at the gym?

Thread Information