View Poll Results: How much MASS (in lbs) have accumulated in 2002?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • None, I dieted

4 3.92%
  • < 10 lbs

10 9.80%
  • 10-19 lbs

31 30.39%
  • 20-29 lbs

31 30.39%
  • 30-39 lbs

12 11.76%
  • 40-49 lbs

10 9.80%
  • 50-59+ lbs

4 3.92%
    Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Question How much MASS have you accumulated in 2002?

Wondering what everybody has achieved this past year? I came into 2002 weighing around 150, now coming into 2003 around 190 (cycle assisted). I'm getting excited for 2004

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    I hope it was cycle assisted! If you got that way with just Creatine I would have lost my damn mind!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You can gain 40lbs in a year without gear - just need to know the tricks of the trade.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Warrior
    You can gain 40lbs in a year without gear - just need to know the tricks of the trade.
    Maybe your first year. I know of no one thats been training for any extended period of time that can gain like that. Thats a little over 3/4 of a Lb every week of a year. My first year of training I gained 32Lbs. I just don't see a person whos gained for 2,3,4,5 and so years putting on weight like that unless it's 1/3 fat.

This year was kind of funky. I started 2002 at 173Lbs at 13%Bf. Now I'm 192Lbs at 11%BF. So around 21-22Lbs of LBM. One cycle of assistance followed by a T3 only cycle.

I usually see gains in bursts when I am training naturally. Does anybody else see that? My weight will fluctuate around +/- 2lbs daily for weeks. Even months. Then without warning it'll jump a few pounds out of nowhere. Naturally I have never seen a progressive gain of, say, 1 consecutive pound of mass per week. It's always been in bursts, unless of course I am juicing. Then I see gains every week
    Last edited by Polska; 12-20-2002 at 10:13 AM.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Polska, I'm in the EXACT same boat...not counting my initial large jump when i get back on a mass gaining program (where my weight was already "artificially" low from summer dieting), I'll hover at a certain weight for an extended period of time. Then, it's like out of nowhere i'm up four or six pounds down the road. I think some of it can be explained by the fact you can "feel" when you're getting bigger and are more likely to weigh yourself at this time. Still, that can't account for all of it.

The first year is easy, yeah. You can lift a pencil and get a growth reaction. The second and subsiquent years you just have to find new ways to advance and never allow yourself to plateu on the same routine too long. But yeah - their is a cap on it. Your body isn't going to just allow you to grow to 400lbs and be lean...

Originally posted by Warrior
    The first year is easy, yeah. You can lift a pencil and get a growth reaction. The second and subsiquent years you just have to find new ways to advance and never allow yourself to plateu on the same routine too long. But yeah - their is a cap on it. Your body isn't going to just allow you to grow to 400lbs and be lean...
    Warrior, what techniques should be employed to stop plateaus so a steady and progressive curve in growth can be achieved?

Originally posted by Polska

Warrior, what techniques should be employed to stop plateaus so a steady and progressive curve in growth can be achieved?
    The first thing that should be understood is supercompensation. Everyone's curve is different. You need to find the point where your body is continuely making progress. If you want read up on this theory you should get Tudor Bompa's Periodization. Unfortunatly no Web site's have published articles worth reading on it that I have seen. Nor can I find a graph... perhaps someone hear has one or has the book with a flatbed scanner. The book is a complex read - but you seem to have a good background and should be able to follow it well.

Otherwise a great way to bust through plateaus, that I constantly stress in posts, is to learn German Volume Training. The Eastern Bloc Athletes used this for a long time to jump weight classes and develop new strength. The best ways to use GVT are written by Charles Poliquin, a Canadian Strength Coach who has done extensive research on European training theories.

But like I said originally, you need to constantly find where you personally result in peak supercompensation. It changes as you adapt and you become more advanced. And this will allow you to grow at the fastest rate possible. It basically uses verying intensity principles.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I've gained 30-35 pounds naturally since May. I've gained 1 pound a week and I'm still pretty damn lean. I'm not as shredded as I was before but I'm bulking and I expected to put on some fat.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Warrior, I'll definately look into that. I found peak supercompensation occurs for me when I train with high intensity for shorter lengths of time, with 48 to 72 hours for recuperation and recovery depending on which muscle group was trained. I actually have a keen interest in european training theories. Definately something to look into next time I am by the local library. You're a very well-read and educated braddah! I have to look into some of your recommended reading.
    Last edited by Polska; 12-20-2002 at 10:56 PM.

Polska... I found that alternating high intensity with low intensity works the best. After a low intensity workout you are still trained, but not overtraining, and itching to be let loose. I found this even more effective when I was a runner trying to lower my overall run time. Much more effective than always trying to beat your previous score - or in resistance training, constantly trying to lift more weight and never really getting anywhere...

Deffinitly get that Bompa book. You'll like it and if you read it from front to back you'll have a great understanding on coaching others. Not just yourself.

PrOviRoN is offline New Member
    Hey Polska stary siema , ja tez polak jestem , Wlasnie tez zaczynam koksowac na drugi miesiac heheh , zajebiscie ze jest ktos polski tutaj , powiedz mi co wzieles ?
    nara, marcin

ZachG_85 is offline Junior Member
    I just started my journey this year, 'round June-ish, so I'm not sure how much that counts for. Gained 45 lbs though, with some dieting in the middle

POLISH OX 69 is offline New Member
    On juice i can gain 40 lbs a year. However it makes my BLOOD PRESSURE GO through the roof. I guess carrying around too much weight makes BP go UP UP UP. SO i like to limit myself to 20 lbs a year

Covey is offline Junior Member
    I gained 21 pounds this year off of just diet and the fact that I am 19 and am still growing. Up to 210 now!

sweden is offline Junior Member

Re: How much MASS have you accumulated in 2002?

Originally posted by Polska
    Wondering what everybody has achieved this past year? I came into 2002 weighing around 150, now coming into 2003 around 190 (cycle assisted). I'm getting excited for 2004
    150=kg 190=kg

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    started 2002 at 180 now i'm at a steady 225..did 2 cycles though....Madmax..

dutch windmill is offline Associate Member
    None nett gain..i gained and i fucking lost a lot of weight, but i am back on track again

D.W.

Re: Re: How much MASS have you accumulated in 2002?

Originally posted by sweden
    150=kg 190=kg
    150 lbs = 68 kg. 190 lbs = 86 kg. Right now I am down a good 3 kilos though.

CaliFella is offline Associate Member
    Just eat a whopper a day and youll gain 50lbs a year for sure!

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    the start of 2002 i had been training only a few months, so im not totally sure what wieght i was coming into the year, but my highest wieght has been the high 220's. ile say about 40 lbs, obviously not all LBM

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Gained 20lbs in about 2 months or so(5'10 160is to 180ish)....tryed to gain naturally so that I could do a cycle and get to 205! I was eating 4000 cals aday and taking creatine, not that the creatine helped that much, well I f'd up my shoulder and now I'm 180ish with a well rounded AB! F*k I hate injury! I hope to be back and Huge in 1 year! 220 in 2 years!

keithq1122 is offline New Member
    i went from 225 to 275 is about 5 months with eating alot but very clean consumed 4500-5000 cals/day with 400 g protein and 650 g carbs
    oh and work out 5 times a week with at least an 30 min cardio every day

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    this year I was at a steady 190 lbs. Did one cycle of Omnas at 250 mg. a week for 10 weeks. Now weight is a steady 206 lbs.

sweden is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by thetank
    the start of 2002 i had been training only a few months, so im not totally sure what wieght i was coming into the year, but my highest wieght has been the high 220's. ile say about 40 lbs, obviously not all LBM
    carbs 500-800 g ? protein 300-500 g ?

Thread Information