Thread: new guy to site

wallj007 is offline New Member

new guy to site

Hello to everyone here. I have been working out for about 10 years on and off. I am looking forward to learning what i can do to get a real gain. Every time i work out i seem to get to the same size and no more. It get very depressed and stop. I need help I am open to anyone's suggestion. Thank's alot wallj007
    Last edited by wallj007; 01-02-2003 at 10:28 PM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Train hard, diet right, DON'T QUIT!!!!!

A cycle might help you aswell.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I agree with BigMike...you gotta have the mind set to achieve what you want. It starts in your head, then that translates to your habits. Keep up the hard work and train hard bro. Good Luck.

You can always do a cycle also but make sure you are very informed first.

[NO PAIN NO GAIN]Originally posted by wallj007
    Thanks for the replies BigMike and Ammar. I agree with you both about work hard, diet hard. I am one of those guys that when i go to work out I have only one think on my mine
    and thats to get a good work out in. I work out for about 2 hours. I start off jogging for about 5 miles on the treadmill to get my adrenaline going. Then i start my workout depending on what i am working out on(tricieps,bicieps,chest,forearms,lats,shoulders, and legs). I also have a saying there is no such thing as you can't do that. I keep pressing iron until my arms or legs will not allow to anymore. I love the feeling of the burning it actually make me work harder. The bicieps and forearms feeling so pumped oh yea feels so good. But then there comes a time that there is no more burning no matter what i do. I try different things and still no burning. So I
    stop for a while and then start again and all the burning is back and it makes me feel
    like i am doing something again.... I need help. Thank's bro's for listening...
    [/QUOTE]

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    What are you lifting goals/stats/trianing exp
    What is your diet like?

Wall i feel you about the burn, but the burn is not what builds muscles. If you are looking to get a "Real Gain" then i would stop with the jog before the weights. In fact the only time i would jog would be in the morning before breakfast. That is of course assuming you are trying to lose fat too. If fat loss is not your main concern right now then i would stop with the cardio all together. Focus on gainin muscle. In most cases working out 2 hours is overkill/overtraining. You should very your workout aroun 40min-1 hr.

It would be easier to help if you would post what your workout is like. And of course you goals, diet, stats. There alot of knowledgable bros on the board who have alot more experience then i in all areas of body building. Consider this a bump for a new member who needs some much needed advice and help.

Peace out.

Big Mike ,
    As far as my goals go, I would like to put on at least 20 pound of muscle. I like being cut up., I usually work out with lower weight and more reps. Another thing I like doing is when I lift any weight is I like to press slow with control on the muscle I am working on. Instead on pressing fast and out of control. When I workout I tend to like the mornings a lot better. (makes you feel pumped the rest of the day and I get a better workout) But seeings how I get up at 4:00 am to go to work I can not do this because there is no gym open. As far as training goes I work on my chest and bicieps on one day. (and I must say I love this day) flys ,benchpress, decline benchpress , barbell and bar . I tend to like barbell also. They seem to isolate what you are working on . For the bi’s I basically do all different types of curls. Day 2 I usually work out on shoulders and tri’s . (Which I am not to hip on) The reason is because after a couple reps on the shoulders I get pain in my shoulders and I have to fight it the rest of the night. And as far as tri’s this is probably the only workout I am not to hip on. I like certain sets but others one’s I don’t like too much. Day 3 I usually work on my legs. I don’t really mind this but my legs never seem to get any bigger at all. As far as my diet goes I have been taking that myoplex from eas , <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> eas , andro 6, rip fuel ,and whey for <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> . I know has nothing to do with diet but I just wanting to give you an ideal of what I have tired. I have a scale that measure’s body fat. I am at around 20%. I don’t have a steady diet , But I do watch everthing I eat. I eat a lot of salads plain, potato’s and kidney beans by them self for <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>. Thank’s for listen bro
    Last edited by wallj007; 01-03-2003 at 04:31 PM.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    welcome to the board keep reading you will grow if you follow the advice on this board.

Thread Information