9:45pm
    1 can tuna
    small side salad

11pm
    6 egg whites w/ salsa and chopped onion

2:30am
    protein shake
    25g protein

I may drop my carbs a bit lower but will need to raise them for my PCT. Reason for dropping them is unable to do morning cardio for now. Hopefully I'll be able to start it up in a couple of weeks. I am debating using clen at the end of this cycle mainly for the ant-catabolic purposes along with clomid and nolva.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Looks like a good cutting diet Tex. You might want to consider having your preworkout protein at least two hours before you work out.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I have a full meal about 1 hour before and my shake 10-15 minutes before, it has only 4 grams of carbs but it helps my stomach. If I workout on a completely empty stomach I get nauseas(spelling) and light headed. The shake just helps me by putting something light in there to avoid feeling sick. It's weird but I've always been that way.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    hmm I get lightheaded a lot when i workout towards the end of my workouts too... maybe that's why, i'll have to move my shake closer to when i workout... holy crap man 11 meals... i'm already hating eating 6-7.

I don't count my shakes as meals. I do count the cals and macros though.

I totally understand the light-headedness from workouts on an empty stomach as it happens to me too, especially on leg days. The reason I suggested the two-hour buffer is because I recall reading that eatting that close to workouts can screw up your insulin response and prevent muscle building and fat loss. I will admit that I am not too certain, but I can vaguely remember reading either an article or a thread about it.

I'll look into it...... thanks for the input though.

Although this quote from Dr.Evil is not the post I remember, it is along the same line of reasoning:

"dextrose causes an insulin spike. insulin shuttles macros from the blood into the muscles.

during a workout your body needs to breakdown macros in the blood for atp (energy).

if you have too much insulin you're going to go into storage mode instead of breakdown mode. this will compromise the rate of atp generation, thus compromising maximum energy output.

save the dextrose for post workouts."

I think the main concern is not having insulin in your blood when you workout, so 1-2 hours should be sufficient time to clear any from your blood; I imagine. If anyone has any other info on this, pipe up.

My preworkout shake doesn't have dextrose, but just whey protein, if that changes anything. My dextrose is only for pwo shakes.

July 11, 2003

Well stayed home last night and got some well needed sleep. I feel alot better today than I have in awhile. Legs tonight, lower back still kind of sore so we'll have to see how it goes tonight. This morning I did another 75mg fina in my left bi.

Sides- acne is flaring up again, body hair is becoming more apparent so I'm shaving more and more, which is a pain in the ass. That and temper is getting a bit worse, well not my temper but my ability to keep my mouth shut is worsening.

Dick Grayson is offline Junior Member
    I know this will seem way off the subject (I just started reading your diary today and absolutely love it!!!) but you said you wished there was a wonder drug that helps get rid of those nasty little pockets of fat in your lower abs and love handles. Well there's this drug available in Mexico (can't remember the name but when I do I'll PM you) and they're like spot injections that literally make the fat melt away from the injected area. I'm planning on taking them after my next cycle if I can't get rid of my spare tire.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    BT, how do you train your legs...i know your big on squats (so am I) but do you ever substitute with leg press??? Also what types of sets and reps do you do? And how often do you train the wheels?

Ive been thinking about hitting mine on sundays and wednesdays, and seperating the presses from the extensions and curls....just something i as schemeing on and would like your thoughts.

Big T this diary is on fire! New record for number of responses! Congrats and mad props to Big T!!!
    Great job bro I'm loving the updates, sounds like the fina's kicking in hard. I've been trying your squat routine lately (just with much less weight ) and lovin it... good luck on the fina bro!

HP

Thanks guys! Speaking of wheels I had them tonight. I did 3 warm-up sets stretching in between. Than 405 for 10, 475 for 8, 500 for 6, 500 for 6. My back is still hurting and didn't want to take a chance, so I did 3 sets of 12 on leg press right after with 10 plates on each side. After that I did 3 sets of 8 on leg extension, 4 sets of 8 on leg curls, 4 sets of 15 on calves. That was it, legs are cramping and are hurting right now.

Coldstone, I never substitute squats for anything. I do from time to time toss in leg press to my routine though, but still do squats. My routine I did today is my norm, except I usually do a couple more sets on squats with heavier weight. Weights at 241 and my abs are showing through!!!!!!!!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    SQUAT SQUAT SQUAT! GOtta squat bro! My biggest problem is I squat squat squat and myleggs have grown squat! and it's aggrivating! as all hell! I tried exhausting them the other day doing 1 set of leg ext.s slow burns to 20 then 135- 20 squat , and I worked up to 315 to 10 and it was like nothing! I have strength but not the size! Had a guy say something to me about that "can't believe you can do that weight that many times" 415- 12.

Well T, I probably won't be on till about 25th (I'm going to chile for 10 days) when I get back I START! YeAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the same way RIP. I can squat heavy, but my legs don't grow very easily. Well have fun in Chile bro, cause playtime will be over when ya start.

Well today, no gym. Big T is down with a cold. I did manage to muster it up long enough to hit my right tri with 75mg of fina and to choke down some food. I'll be hitting it tomorrow though.

Well I stll feel all groggy from being sick, but I do feel better. I missed the gym this weekend and caught up on some well deserved rest. I also hit 200mg eq, 200mg test, 75mg fina in my right delt this morning. I'll post more when I get a chance.

Well last night I did chest and tri's and man talk about a good workout. I started out on bench and did 135 for 20, 185 for 15, 225 for 12, 275 for 8, 315 for 6, 335 for 5. Than I moved on to incline, decline dumbell flies, cable crossovers and tri's. I feel better today, not as conjested (spelling). Also did another 75mg in my right calf.

As for sides, acne is flaring up again, I feel like this entire cycle that I've avoided any bloat. Since I cut my carbs down some I can tell a big difference in just the past 3 weeks. Abs are starting to show through, more striations in my chest, waist line is smaller. So all in all it's going great. About my last week of fina I will start to increase my cals for PCT. Once I feel that I have recovered I'll lower them back down gradually and begin to naturally diet down.

Hey brother, for me I like to do a good day of cardio when sick, load up on clothes and sweat the crud out of you.
    Keep hitting brother, you and Major have been my guides with your diaries. Keep hitting bro!
    Don't know when I'm going to Chile right now could be any minute or anyday we won't know until the last minute , the worst part is my daughters here from Cali for 1 1/2 months and I'm gonna miss 2 weeks of it because of work. MF'ERS! But they do have a good gym at the hotel thank god, but rumour has it we may be working 90+ hour days...for 2 weeks. As soon as I get back though....KILL IT!

SID

90+ hour days huh. Man Chile is different than here. I mean in the states there's only 24 hours in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    90+ hour days huh. Man Chile is different than here. I mean in the states there's only 24 hours in a day.
    ... I think it's a 4 days to 1 ratio over there for us right now!
    It sucks! My wife (still getting used to saying that FREAKY!) is in limbo and she's pissed and I hear about it and I'm like I don't know what to tell you it's the customer not us...blah blah....it's a shitty game, and I don't get paid shit to play it, but I have too!

Yeah, I hear ya. Really sucks you have to miss your time with your daughter. I thought you were going as part of your honeymoon, not work. Damn barely married what a couple of weeks and already running outta the country.......not a good sign.

Damn barely married what a couple of weeks and already running outta the country.......not a good sign.
    T, you think she's not hitting me with that? She understands it's part of the new position that Ihave, she doesn't like it, but she understands. I tell her it could be worse and she trips, but I let her know I could be going to Russia for 3 months! So be happy! 10 days is nothing...we have one guy who I see every 3 months for a week and then he's back in Russia...Sure he get $25,000 bonus checks every 6 months or so, but 3 months and this is for 1 1/2 years now! She said 25 grand,,,,pack your bags and send me the check! !!!!! She's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    She said 25 grand,,,,pack your bags and send me the check! !!!!! She's awesome!
    yup...... you're married alright. Wel have fun and hurry back.

Austex is offline Member
    This is totally off topic, but after 5 months I've decided to move back to the great state of Texas...reading this Texans diary helped. I remember reading a post mentioning floating the river. Anyone who has ever floated the Guadalupe knows that nothing compares elsewhere, especially in Alaska. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Hell I'd move to Alaska just to get outta the damn heat! So when ya moving and where in Texas???

Well I had a good back workout, no deads though. Back is still sore but felt good when lifting. Not much to report on.... anyone have any specifics about this cycle they want me to go into more detail about..... newbies, any ?'s.... ok that's it for today.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree... floating the river is the shit.... nothing beats it...

anyone have any specifics about this cycle they want me to go into more detail about..... newbies, any ?'s.... ok that's it for today.
    Yeah, how do you inject into your quad while holding a screaming baby????

SID

Ripsid.... well you have to be very flexible actually, that or use one of those carrying harnesses like a back pack. Actually truth be known I hide in the bathroom to inject. I do not want my 2 year old daughter seeing what I do. I damn near broke a needle off in my quad one day. I was asperating and she pushed open the door and I freaked jerking the needle out of my leg and talk about PAIN!!!!!! Than she looks at me and in that cute 2 year old voice of hers asks..." Watcha doing daddy?" All I could do was laugh.

Well today another 75mg of fina in my left calve. All is good. Any other baby juggling questions or about my cycle?????

How do you like the Fina so far BigT?

Loving it.....except for the extra acne it's giving me. Well not really acne, but making my skin real oily, which leads to acne. I'm leaning out quite nicely and strength sems to still be going up. I love ED injections...(I know I have a problem). Just sad because I realized I only have another 5 or 6 weeks to go. The pumps aren't that bad anymore. Hell the worst pumps I ever had was with anadrol 50. I could barely finish any workouts.

BIG R is offline Member

Thumbs up This is a very good thread!!

Loving it.....except for the extra acne it's giving me. Well not really acne, but making my skin real oily, which leads to acne. I'm leaning out quite nicely and strength sems to still be going up. I love ED injections...(I know I have a problem). Just sad because I realized I only have another 5 or 6 weeks to go. The pumps aren't that bad anymore. Hell the worst pumps I ever had was with anadrol 50. I could barely finish any workouts.

Tex,

I've been doing so much stuff I never got around to reading your thread. 11 pages!!! I got to the 3rd spent some time this morning. Props to you my friend this is one of the BEST Ive ever read. I'll have some time later to read some more. Got to get my fat ass to some cardio

Oh, the skin on the bottom abs....give it a month or two to get tight again it does not happen overnight. Mine get back to the way it looks for competition only after a month and a half of being lean. Tex try not to sneeze next time during the shot

R

Thanks BIG R.... was wondering where the hell ya dissapeared to. I almost forgot about that sneezy shot!!! TTYL!

Austex is offline Member
    Moving back to Austin at the end of August...I decided to come at the end of August because I won't really miss those 100 degree days.

BT, tell me more about your back workout...i know you do deads, but what type of rows do you do???

Also, when i add fina to my cycle next week, what do you think about lowering carbs to lean out some...i would still keep cals high with pro and fats but limit my carbs to breakfast and post workout???

How bout size gains...how much have you gained so far, and are you happy with this cycle so far?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    BT, tell me more about your back workout...i know you do deads, but what type of rows do you do???

Also, when i add fina to my cycle next week, what do you think about lowering carbs to lean out some...i would still keep cals high with pro and fats but limit my carbs to breakfast and post workout???

How bout size gains...how much have you gained so far, and are you happy with this cycle so far?
    Ok, my workouts alternaete from "a" week and "b" week.
    A week
    deads 3 warm-up sets of 15, 4-5 working sets as heavy as I can go resp look like 8, 6,6,4
    lat pulls 4 sets of 8
    cable rows 4 sets of 8
    bent over barbell rows 4 sets of 8
    back extensions 3 sets of 12

B week
    Hammer strength machines
    Iso-rows 4 sets of 8, 8, 6, 6
    Upper Iso-rows 4 sets of 8,8,6,6
    lat pulls 4 sets of 8
    cable rows 4 sets of 8
    dumbell rows 4 sets of 8

As for lowering carbs, lower them slowly and pm me and I'll work with ya on doing that. As for size gains. I didn't think I really gained that much size but people at my gym and my wife tells me different. They say I look a helluva lot bigger. I have lost ALOT of bf and gained good muscle. Total weight I have gained according to the scale is only 13 lbs but I believe I gained more if you take into consideration that I lost fat and gained muscle so.... you'd have to work the numbers for a total calculation. Am I happy wit hthis cycle..... yes and no. Overall I am happy, but I was hoping to hit 250+ on this go around and it looks like it's not going to happen. This was my first cycle with Eq and I'm used to deca and all the water weight, so gaining just quality muscle is a big change for me so ask me again when it's all done and I'm past the recovery and I can give you a definite answer.

Yeah your back routine looks similar to what i do week to week in the gym...

I know what your saying about not yet knowing how you will feel about this cycle till its done...ive done some similar thinking about if i will really get as big as i want to...but i guess any change is better than not growing at all...it sucks because you know the gains are there but you just cant see em as well as others.

Keep up the good work...im sure ill be pm'ing you next week for some diet help if i cant get it straigtened out myself.

Well sorry for the slight absence been busy. Well I have missed the gym for awhile now, do to my back. Also for all those that know what's going on with my personal life, looks like things have turned for the worse, she's talking about moving out and calling it quits. So I guess Monday I'll go talk with an attorney and see into filing for divorce. I'm just scared about losing my kids. I'm sick of it all and am just getting frustrated and don't know what to do.

Sorry to hear that BT. I wish you the best bro.

Thread Information