David B. is offline Member

Sick on cycle -- how to salvage?

On the first day of week eight of my second cycle, I came down with some kind of stomach flu or virus of some sort. I woke up Wednesday morning feeling kind of rough, somehow managed to choke down my breakfast, and stumbled off to the gym for back day. I was able to do four sets of bent-over BB rows and four sets of cable pull-downs before I had to bail out, starting to feel dizzy and feverish and sweaty.

Friday -- today -- I woke up in a pool of sweat again, but don't feel as dizzy and feverish. I ate three strips of bacon. Friday arm workout is, of course, postponed.

Prior to getting sick, I had gained fifteen solid pounds on this cycle -- up from 240 to 255, and after a plateau of a few weeks I was starting to close the gap to 260. This morning I weigh 245. Until I can get back to the gym, I won't know how much real damage has been done.

So, how do I salvage this cycle? My present plans are to extend the cycle to make up for the down time. When I've recovered from this virus and can get back to the gym, I'm tempted to add a couple of weeks of d-bol to try to re-gain my losses, is this a good idea?

Oh, here's my original cycle plan:

625 mg/QVenan250/week weeks 1-13
    450 mg/QVdeca300/week weeks 1-13
    50 mg/Ref-B tabs/day weeks 1-5
    75mg/Perutech Winny caps/day weeks 11-15
    50mg/Proviron /day weeks 1-10

My first injection was Feb 12.

I can extend the schedule for a few weeks, I have no shortage of gear. If I extend the schedule of injectibles from 13 to 15 weeks, then I'll postpone the winny for an additional two weeks too.

Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

--dnb
    Last edited by David B.; 04-08-2003 at 01:43 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Don't sweat it bro....the weight you lost most likely is water and you'll gain it back in no time. Don't even bother going to the gym...just get as much rest as yoiu can and drink LOTS of water, eat what you can and sleep. Once you feel better hit the gym and get things back to normal. Good luck bro!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im with Tex. Rest and drink fluids. As soon as your able to eat properly again the weight will come back.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Don't even bother going to the gym...just get as much rest as yoiu can and drink LOTS of water, eat what you can and sleep.
    That's pretty much what I've been doing. I won't even think about going back to the gym until I'm feeling a LOT better. But right now, this sucks!

--dnb

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey bro...listen to BigTexan he is spot-on. Also, try to include 30 or more grams of glutamine a day, I did this when I get sick and it seemed to help out a little, at least mentally, that I wasn't making any losses.

I feel your pain bro, I broke my ankle last week and have only been able to workout 3 times since then. I am now doing my damn post cycle therapy while on crutches....we'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by majorpecs
    Hey bro...listen to BigTexan he is spot-on. Also, try to include 30 or more grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> a day, I did this when I get sick and it seemed to help out a little, at least mentally, that I wasn't making any losses.

I feel your pain bro, I broke my ankle last week and have only been able to workout 3 times since then. I am now doing my damn post cycle therapy while on crutches....we'll see how it goes.
    Yeah, I read about the ankle, that sucks bigtime! Which leg is it? Jeez, there's so many things you can't do in the gym if you can't bear weight on your leg. How long will it be out of commission?

I no longer feel sick, my body feels pretty normal now everywhere except my stomach, my appetite is still suffering and when I do eat it doesn't always sit well. But at least I'm not achy, dizzy and feverish anymore.

On the other hand, I also feel flat, unpumped, and "un-swole."

Tomorrow, Monday, would normally be leg day. I'm not sure if I'll be ready.

--dnb

I skipped Monday leg day, and now I regret it, 'cause I feel fatigued from too much rest.

Today (Tuesday) I went to the gym and did chest. My strength was not affected as badly as I had feared, but my endurance and stamina were poor. My weight is still down at 245, I'm not happy about that at all. My appetite is still not back to "guy on bulking cycle" levels yet.

--dnb
    Last edited by David B.; 04-08-2003 at 12:24 PM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Good to hear you're back....it'll take about a week to fully recover the lost weight and to get your endurance back. Hit it hard and keep at it, good luck bro!

/>
    I think SOME of the weight I lost may have been fat, 'cause my trousers aren't as tight as before, and I feel a little lighter on my feet.

Another unrelated plus -- the agonizing back pain/cramps/pumps from d-bol have finally stopped, several weeks after I stopped the d-bol.

--dnb

good luck man

Thread Information