Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Female var cycle log

Sweetss is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

Cool Female var cycle log

Hey everyone!

I just started a cycle on saturday 2/16. This is my first REAL cycle. I say real because my first time taking anvar was august 2012 and i was on birth control during the cycle. I ramped up to 15 mg for 8 weeks. My boyfriend was informed by a professioanal female bodybuilder that you cannot be on birthcontrol. So i stopped the var. Birth control and the var dont mix and it hindered all the gains i could have gotten. I did see some strength gains but nothing that crazy. I should have seen alot espcially taking 15mg. So this time around i am off birth control(been off for 3 weeks) and really looking forward to see what the var can do!

There isn't much information out there in regards to women and anavar . Guys and girls have such different effects/results/side effects. So I've decided to log my experience over the next 10weeks. This a great way for me to stay on track and log my feelings and results and also get any advice along the way from people more experience. Advice and feedback is greatly appriciated! I am going to be as detailed as possible. I am planing on doing weekly update . if i experience anything that i need to post i will. I am starting out at 5mg for first 4 days then ramping right up to 12.5mg a day for a total of 10 weeks.

My diet is on point! I have been eating a strict diet since april 2012. I calculate my calories/cabs/fat/protein in each meal. I did my first bulk approx 2-3 months and gained a decent amount of muscle. Now I am currently cutting and carb cycling duirng this phase, which i started jan 7, 2013. My daily macros are 720 calories 75g carbs 12g of fat 85g protein. I do a re-feed (carb up) day every 2 weeks. This day i take in 150g of carbs. I alternate that with a high carb day where i take in 100g carbs. So my carb cycle schedule is as follows Sat-monday are moderate carb days, tues-thurs no carbs (no startchy carbs), and friday high or refeed day. Tuesday and fridays are my rest days, but tuesday is active rest day i do cardio only. I eat clean, chicken green veggies, sweet potatos, brown rice lean turkey, avocoados, egg/egg whites, oats. Below is an example of a moderate carb day.

Breakfast: 3 egg whites 1/2 ezekiel english muffin
    Snack: 1.75oz chicken 1/4 cup green veggies
    Lunch: 1.75oz chicken 1/4 cup green veggies
    Prework out: 2.75ox 93% lean turkey 130g sweet potatos
    Post work out shake: 3/4 scoop protein 1/5 cup oats
    Dinner: 2oz chicken 1/4cup green veggies
    Daily Supplements: mult vitamin, vitmain c, fish oil, bcaas, pre workout drink

I will give you a little background on my training. I started going to the gym and lifitng weights back in july 2012. Before then i was doing p90x at home for about a year prior. P90x was a good base for me but i wasnt getting the results i wanted. I got into the gym since my boyfriend has such a strong passion for fitness and a lot of experience. He got me on my diet and learnedva lot about eating clean. He has a lot of knowledge on nutrition and what works! I bassically had no idea what i was doing! The gym can be very overwhelming for a girl! I just followed his lead. I lifted what he lifted(obviosuly lower weight). I was training hard and heavy right off the bat. Learing a lot about form and different training techniqques. i have been training with him since. Currently i train legs twice a week and have started training shoulders as well 2x a week. I now have huge passion for fitness. I go hard at the gym. Currently added in a lot of HIIT cardio. Doing cardio after my lifts 5 days week and cardio on my rest day.

My current measurments:
    Height- 5'4"
    Weight- 138lbs
    Waist- 27.5"
    Hips- 36"
    Hips & butt- 38"

My goals during this cycle is to gain a lot of muscle and to look very toned and athletic even a ripped look. I want to cut a lot of fat as well. My boyfriend and i have done a lot of research before i started, to be informed on possible sides and resutls. But there is still a lot of unknown, so i will be continuing my research during the cycle to learn as much as possible. There are not many logs of females taking var and their experiences, so i will greatly appriciate anyones advice or experiences to help me along my journey. Hopefully my experience will help other females interested in starting a cycle.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Look forward to updates. welcome aboard.

twitz is offline Female Member
    Hey Sweets, nice to see another female log!

I would consider your last cycle to be a 'real' one, even if you were on BC. 15mg for 8 weeks is certainly a 'real' cycle and the BC wouldn't have hindered all gains. I totally understand where the female BB'r is coming from as var and BC contain two different types of hormones, but they do not interact or cancel each other out. Yes, it could of limited your gains, but you didn't completely waste your time .

What is your bodyfat, and how old are you hun? I'm happy to hear that you have your BF to help you, but 720 cals per day is low. Yes, I understand you are currently in a cut, but you ended your post stating that you 'want to gain a lot of muscle' during your cycle. Of course the var will help, but you need to eat to make those gains! If you want to gain a lot of muscle, I would have another look at your diet and cardio schedule. Eating enough, not over doing the cardio, lifting heavy, and a good attitude like yours will get you what you want

I'm excited to follow along, all the best and can't wait to watch you rock this
    Allyson likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post

I would consider your last cycle to be a 'real' one, even if you were on BC. 15mg for 8 weeks is certainly a 'real' cycle and the BC wouldn't have hindered all gains. I totally understand where the female BB'r is coming from as var and BC contain two different types of hormones, but they do not interact or cancel each other out. Yes, it could of limited your gains, but you didn't completely waste your time .

What is your bodyfat, and how old are you hun? I'm happy to hear that you have your BF to help you, but 720 cals per day is low. Yes, I understand you are currently in a cut, but you ended your post stating that you 'want to gain a lot of muscle' during your cycle. Of course the var will help, but you need to eat to make those gains! If you want to gain a lot of muscle, I would have another look at your diet and cardio schedule. Eating enough, not over doing the cardio, lifting heavy, and a good attitude like yours will get you what you want

Heyy twitz, thanks for the response! ) I've been following your thread as well! I'm 26.

750 calories is on my moderate days, so my current carb cycle diet looks like this:

MOD Monday 750 calories
    LOW Tuesday 448 calories
    LOW Wednesday 448 calories
    LOW Thursday 448 calories
    HIGH/Re-feed Friday 1150/1350 calories
    MOD Saturday 750 calories
    MOD Sunday 750 calories

I should have worded my original post better but I can't go back and edit what I said. I would like to put on some muscle like I stated, but I'm really looking more to harden up and get more cut. I'm just coming off a bulk this past winter where I packed on a solid 6-8 lbs. with very minimal body fat added. Going off some of the pictures I've seen I'd estimate anywhere from 18-22% BF is where I'm at right now.

During my bulk, I was taking in 1500 calories and saw great results with the added weight. This is the first time I am doing a cutting diet so I'm just playing around with what my body works best with. Currently I have my macro split to 45% protein/40% carbs/15% fat but I think I am going to change it up to the following split: 55% protein/30% carbs/15% fat and do the diet as follows:

moderate days: 1000 calories 138g protein/75g carbs/16g fat

no carb days: 696 calories 138g protein/0g starchy carbs (just veggies)/16g fat

high day: 1196 calories 138g protein/125g carbs/16g fat

refeed day (every 2 weeks): 1396 calories 138g protein/175g carbs/16g fat

I will try to get the female BB I spoke to to chime in on this thread. Would love to get some more feedback!

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Great idea on the log Sweets, I'm subscribed. My gf started her first Var cycle 5 days ago so this will be great for her to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetss View Post
    Heyy twitz, thanks for the response! ) I've been following your thread as well! I'm 26.

750 calories is on my moderate days, so my current carb cycle diet looks like this:

MOD Monday 750 calories
    LOW Tuesday 448 calories
    LOW Wednesday 448 calories
    LOW Thursday 448 calories
    HIGH/Re-feed Friday 1150/1350 calories
    MOD Saturday 750 calories
    MOD Sunday 750 calories

I should have worded my original post better but I can't go back and edit what I said. I would like to put on some muscle like I stated, but I'm really looking more to harden up and get more cut. I'm just coming off a bulk this past winter where I packed on a solid 6-8 lbs. with very minimal body fat added. Going off some of the pictures I've seen I'd estimate anywhere from 18-22% BF is where I'm at right now.

During my bulk, I was taking in 1500 calories and saw great results with the added weight. This is the first time I am doing a cutting diet so I'm just playing around with what my body works best with. Currently I have my macro split to 45% protein/40% carbs/15% fat but I think I am going to change it up to the following split: 55% protein/30% carbs/15% fat and do the diet as follows:

moderate days: 1000 calories 138g protein/75g carbs/16g fat

no carb days: 696 calories 138g protein/0g starchy carbs (just veggies)/16g fat

high day: 1196 calories 138g protein/125g carbs/16g fat

refeed day (every 2 weeks): 1396 calories 138g protein/175g carbs/16g fat

I will try to get the female BB I spoke to to chime in on this thread. Would love to get some more feedback!
    I'm interested in how you will make out on your diet. If you are 20% BF, your TDEE is around 1650-1660, so you are eating quite a bit below main. even your refeed day is below. Please keep me updated so I know how you're feeling. (I have to start a cut after my cycle and following you will help! ) The var will help you keep your hard-earned muscle , but if you were starving (var makes me super freaking hungry), you should still have fantastic results if you have a refeed day even once a week.

What your BB'r friend said is correct, and if you are thinking of competing I would say absolutely not to bc pills, I just meant that you totally didn't blow it nor hinder all gains.

Pumped for you girl!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm interested in how you will make out on your diet. If you are 20% BF, your TDEE is around 1650-1660, so you are eating quite a bit below main. even your refeed day is below. Please keep me updated so I know how you're feeling. (I have to start a cut after my cycle and following you will help! ) The var will help you keep your hard-earned muscle , but if you were starving (var makes me super freaking hungry), you should still have fantastic results if you have a refeed day even once a week.

What your BB'r friend said is correct, and if you are thinking of competing I would say absolutely not to bc pills, I just meant that you totally didn't blow it nor hinder all gains.

Pumped for you girl!!!

Thank you for all the support!! Started the diet in my last post today. i will keep you infomed with how i feel! Even though it is very low, im never starving and still have a ton of energy to blast out killer workouts! Very pumped to see what the car does!

Blog Entries
    Var*** not car damn autocorrect lolol

Blog Entries
    Today is the big day! Ramping my dose up to 12.5mg! So far first 4 days i haven't felt anything just some heartburn, which comes with the var. the only changes I've felt is all mental. The var gave me a huge mental boost and new found motivation to really push my self to another level in my fitness journey! Feeling is great! I will keep you all updated over the next few days with any changes/feelings.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

^^ great advice here Twitz.

Blog Entries
    It has only been 5 days but last night during my lift i felt like a beast! I was able to push through each set and felt i could keep on going. Since i am carb cycling, yesterday I was on a no carb day(no startchy carbs) and i still was able to push through as if i had carbs to fuel my wrkout. I train shoulders and legs twice a week but my second leg day i focus more on glutes and hammies. So last night was a glutes and shoulders night with 25min of HIIT cardio. I was able to go slightly heavier on some workouts which is so motivating and exciting. Normally when i lift i consentrate on the stretch and contracting the muscle on each exercise and not going veryyy heavy. Last week reverse hack squat i was doing 110lbs and feeling tired. Last night i was at 140lb 10 reps ATG! Also i normally dont sweat that much during my lifts, but i was a sweaty mess last night! I left the gym and felt amazing! It is crazy how such a small amount of the var you feel changes quick! Very exciting! Looking forward to my lift tonight...last no carb day forbthe week and hitting back & abs. Then i have a big refeed day tomorrow!
    Jewelz likes this.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Hey sweets! Glad to see another female log going! Don't you love the feeling of complete domination over the weights?!?! I'm looking forward to following your progress. Keep killing it hard!

Hi Sweets! One week in now? How's it going? How are you feeling?

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I would take prilosec ed for the heartburn, because it will just get worse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post
    Hey sweets! Glad to see another female log going! Don't you love the feeling of complete domination over the weights?!?! I'm looking forward to following your progress. Keep killing it hard!
    Feeling is insane so motivating!!

Blog Entries
    One week done! Feeling awesome! Four days at 5mg and only been 4 days at 12.5mg but def feeling the difference. Still killing my workouts. Feel unstoppable in the gym! Also changed my diet up as of wed and that has also made me feel even better but its only been first few days. we'll see how my body reacts with the increase in protein so far so good!

This morning i did chest and tris. Went up in weight on each exercise! I did assisted dips and last week i was struggling to bang out 6 with 50lb assistance...today i bang out 10 for 2 sets at 25lb assistance! Cant wait to be able to do my first set of unassisted dips!

One thing ive noticed is my body is feeling very tight. Like i feel i need to stretch a lot. My hands i notice it the most when i straighten my hand out. As my bf says, i have claw hands..i don't even realize my hands relaxed look like claws. I also had a few muscle cramps in my feet this week too. Still getting heartburn randomly throughout the day but it's not that bad.

Overall, feel mentally and physically great! Haven't really noticed many physical changes in my body yet but this is just the beginning!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I would take prilosec ed for the heartburn, because it will just get worse.
    Thank you for the advice ironbeck!. Ill have to try that if its starts getting bad. So far its nothing crazy...

One week done! Feeling awesome! Four days at 5mg and only been 4 days at 12.5mg but def feeling the difference. Still killing my workouts. Feel unstoppable in the gym! Also changed my diet up as of wed and that has also made me feel even better but its only been first few days. we'll see how my body reacts with the increase in protein so far so good!

This morning i did chest and tris. Went up in weight on each exercise! I did assisted dips and last week i was struggling to bang out 6 with 50lb assistance...today i bang out 10 for 2 sets at 25lb assistance! Cant wait to be able to do my first set of unassisted dips!

One thing ive noticed is my body is feeling very tight. Like i feel i need to stretch a lot. My hands i notice it the most when i straighten my hand out. As my bf says, i have claw hands..i don't even realize my hands relaxed look like claws. I also had a few muscle cramps in my feet this week too. Still getting heartburn randomly throughout the day but it's not that bad.

Overall, feel mentally and physically great! Haven't really noticed many physical changes in my body yet but this is just the beginning!
    Are you taking taurine and potassium?

The cramps (just wait till you get a 'pump'! ) will be much less if you do!

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quick question: does the thing bout BC apply to just the pill, patch and shot? What about the one that's pretty much just a plug. I forget what it's called.

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Quick question: does the thing bout BC apply to just the pill, patch and shot? What about the one that's pretty much just a plug. I forget what it's called.

-TroN-
    IUD? Mirena is the one that releases hormones. I have that, and still see results from anavar .
    FireryFemale and mcladylift like this.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitz

IUD? Mirena is the one that releases hormones. I have that, and still see results from anavar.
    I don't remember what it's called...but it like plugs up her ovaries. She doesn't have "flow". I don't think it release hormones

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I don't remember what it's called...but it like plugs up her ovaries. She doesn't have "flow". I don't think it release hormones

-TroN-
    Yup, the mirena iud. I have the same thing and still see gains. I wouldn't worry about that

Blog Entries
    Lil update i got my period yesterday oh joy lol. When i was on bc i would rarely get it...and if i did get it was only for a day or 2 and very light. This is first time im off bc since i was 19 so my body is definitly adjusting to the change. Ive been off bc for a lil over a month now.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetss
    Lil update i got my period yesterday oh joy lol. When i was on bc i would rarely get it...and if i did get it was only for a day or 2 and very light. This is first time im off bc since i was 19 so my body is definitly adjusting to the change. Ive been off bc for a lil over a month now.
    Hi girl. Just noticed your thread. Interested in your results!

Blog Entries
    Are you taking taurine and potassium?

The cramps (just wait till you get a 'pump'! ) will be much less if you do!
    Im prolly gonna start taking taurine to help. Thanks for ur advice twitz I did shoulders tonight. While i was doing front lateral raises, had crazyyy pumps in my arms and my forearms....boyyyy did they hurt! Its hurts but also feels good all at once haha

Im prolly gonna start taking taurine to help. Thanks for ur advice twitz I did shoulders tonight. While i was doing front lateral raises, had crazyyy pumps in my arms and my forearms....boyyyy did they hurt! Its hurts but also feels good all at once haha
    Yeah! You just wait!! I had one workout were I had to stop in the middle of my set.

Keep it up!

Blog Entries
    Day 13 feeling really strong and killing my workouts! Did glutes/hammies and shoulders last night. Reverse hack squat was at 140lbs last week was able to do 180lbs and 10 reps. Front lateral raises have been stuck doin 10lbs long time and now was able to do 15lbs! This is all on low/no carb day too. Feeling like superwomen. :P

What i have noticed lately is my veins starting to pop out more in my arms. My boobs have shrunk a lot quick lol went from a full B to about an A. Price girls pay to be ripped! No big deal can always make them bigger:P also been feeling really tight in my chest when i breath. Almost feels like i have something sitting on my chest making deep breaths a lil hard. I can feel it in my back wen i take deep breath. My body temp has increased. During my lifts im sweating like crazy. During cardio oh jeeeze am i a sweaty mess! I even wake up at night really hot. All these sides are nothing crazy i am able to still function.

My body is starting to change! My abs have started to pop out, which is exciting i have never had a 6-pack!!! Increased cardio has def helped with my cutting. I feel a lot firmer and my arms n shoulders are looking great..loving the progress thus far! Im not getting as sore as i use to and I'm smashing thru the weights! I measured my self after one week and my waist went down an in 28 to 27"! My weight increased by 2lbs I'm at 140lbs now. Measurements are better way to show progress then weight. Scale is a women's enemy! Ladies interested in starting a cycle, do not get frustrated if ur weight increases when ur cutting! I look a lot different. I look strong n love it! I tend to forget that the scale doesn't matter and fall in to that girly mind frame and think ugh i gained 2lbs automatically assuming its fat but when in reality I'm actually decreasing body fat and gaining some muscle! I'm going to weigh my self once a month at most and continue with measurements and progress pictures. So far in loving this and feel very motivated each day and look forward to my workouts each day.
    Family_guy likes this.

Blog Entries
    Small update... My skin is feelin slightly more oily. I was lucky and have always had great skin. I am definitly noticing a change..small breakouts have popped up recently.

Just ate my preworkout meal and ready to smash back this morning!'

Just taking a peek! Love your updates and thx for sharing!!!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Interesting cycle so far... normally reading weekly calorie consumption like that I would think there is not way its going to work in the gains department...

Funny thing is, Im exactly the same. My daily caloric intake is 16-1800 (@225lb) and I can maintain and still see gains with this.

IF its working, go with it, some of us are just plain weird

Blog Entries
    Day 16...i added in clen to my cycle. Going to run 2 weeks on 2 weeks off starting at 20mcg wrking up to about 80mcg. Going to be taking taurine to help muscle cramps and have Benadryl handy for sleeping. I read a lot on the sides of clen so im prepared. This is my first time taking clen so any advice is greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Interesting cycle so far... normally reading weekly calorie consumption like that I would think there is not way its going to work in the gains department...

Funny thing is, Im exactly the same. My daily caloric intake is 16-1800 (@225lb) and I can maintain and still see gains with this.
    IF its working, go with it, some of us are just plain weird

Yeah my body seems to wrk great on low carb low calorie intake. I still have crazy energy even on low carb days. While i was bulking i took in 1500cals which seems low but i put on about 8 lbs of muscle with very little body fat in about 3 months. I def am a weird one :P
    Maggy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetss
    Day 16...i added in clen to my cycle. Going to run 2 weeks on 2 weeks off starting at 20mcg wrking up to about 80mcg. Going to be taking taurine to help muscle cramps and have Benadryl handy for sleeping. I read a lot on the sides of clen so im prepared. This is my first time taking clen so any advice is greatly appreciated
    Don't take it too late otherwise interrupts my sleep. I have done 3 weeks on 3 off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Don't take it too late otherwise interrupts my sleep. I have done 3 weeks on 3 off.
    Yeah definitely wont take at night. Going to take it in the morning!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    How did the 20mcg feel? You dont have a lot of body weight so 80 may be a bit high so tread carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power

How did the 20mcg feel? You dont have a lot of body weight so 80 may be a bit high so tread carefully.
    I tolerate 120 at peek. I said tolerate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    Within the first hour of taking the clen , i did feel it.. But the effects soon wore off after that. I will be increasing slowly and see how my body reacts. I wont be taking on more than i can handle.

Blog Entries
    I bought 500mg taurine capsuls whoch i started taking 1 with the clen . Anyone have any sugestions on how much taurine to take?

ironman1982 is offline Associate Member
    I bought 500mg taurine capsuls whoch i started taking 1 with the clen. Anyone have any sugestions on how much taurine to take?
    Hi sweets, whats the taurine for sorry if this is a silly question

I bought 500mg taurine capsuls whoch i started taking 1 with the clen. Anyone have any sugestions on how much taurine to take?
    I would start at 1000mg per day, increase to 2000mg IF you are getting cramps and think you need to. I have never used clen , maybe someone else can chime in if I'm wrong. I use bewteen 1000-2000mg ED for var cramps.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman1982 View Post
    Hi sweets, whats the taurine for sorry if this is a silly question
    It's to help prevent muscle cramps/pumps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information