Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Baxter35

Thread: First cycle at 35

Baxter35 is offline Member

First cycle at 35

I originally posted something in the trt forum, but decided to move this over here rather than clog up the wrong forum with this. This is a very basic cycle, but I'm pretty excited so I figured I'd share a bit.

pre cycle stats:

35, 5' 9",195 lbs, bodyfat lowish..but untested so won't make up a number, TRT patient, no previous AAS experience other than trt.
    Not the best pic, but here is what I'm starting from.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basepic.JPG 
Views:	1029 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	152808

10 week cycle (was planning 12, but a business trip at the end would make the last 2 weeks pointless, so 10 it is)

Test E, 250mg twice a week

AI: anastrozole .25 eod

PCT: trt, so return to regular dose of 120mg/week at the end.

So far I'm just over 2 weeks in and feeling great. Just starting to see some noticeable gains in strength in workouts starting this week. Weight is up a few pounds to 199, but probably mostly water right now, although no noticeable water retention anywhere yet. I'll update further on as I go.
    Last edited by Baxter35; 09-05-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Also, I want to mention that I am trying out a somewhat unconventional kick start for the first 3 weeks. I had a full bottle of Axiron on hand from when I first started trt. Since transdermal are fast acting, I figured it stands to reason that adding it in for the first few weeks along with the test E would help bring my levels up quicker. I've been doing two pumps every morning. I have no previous cycle experience to compare to, but it does seem like at two weeks I'm getting strength and weight gains ahead of the usual 4-5 week curve with test E alone. I wouldn't think this would be worthwhile for someone who doesn't already have a transdermal on hand, but in my case I figured it was worth a shot. If anything it will get it out of my medicine cabinet..lol.

Training split:

I train early, about an hour a day starting at 5 a.m.

Monday: Chest. Flat bench (heavy day), incline dumbbell press, dumbbell flies, Olympic ring or traditional dips.
    Tuesday: Legs, squats, straight leg deadlift, calf raises, lunges
    Wednesday: Back/Shoulders. Barbell rows, weighted pull ups (various grips), dumbbell rows, dumbbell military press, lateral raises (side and front), some Olympic ring exercises I don't know names for.
    Thursday: light chest day/triceps/biceps. Flat bench 135x20, 225 to failure (about 20), close grip bench, various dumbbell and ez curl bar tricep extensions, dips, barbell curls, assorted dumbbell curls.
    Friday: Deadlifts and shrugs.

Abs 3 or 4 days at the end of a workout as I see fit.
    Cardio: usually go for a walk with my wife or play soccer with my kids at night.

Sat/Sun: hang out with family and rest.
    Last edited by Baxter35; 09-04-2014 at 09:57 AM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Great plan and good luck. Continue to better your diet and tweak as you go.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thanks. I'll update some diet info when I get a few minutes. I don't count my macros super close anymore, but I know from experience what type and amount of food my body responds well to so I feel pretty good about that situation.

Mezz is offline Junior Member

Mezz..?????

- GAL -->

3 weeks and 6 pins in at this point. My weight is going up more noticeably now, 201.7 last night. Strength is lifts also going up almost every workout right now. Not by a ridiculous amount, but noticeable. Whereas off cycle it might take 3-4 weeks to go up a rep at a certain weight, right now it's taking 2-3 days. Recovery times are fantastic. I'm seriously pushing myself every session and I'm getting next to nothing for soreness the next day. Yesterday I squatted until I could barely walk due to the pump/pain and today the soreness in my legs feels more like the workout was a week ago instead of a day ago.

Acne: I'm only mentioning this because I've had problems with acne on TRT so I thought the comparison was worth noting. Although it's gotten a lot better, I'm still fighting some stubborn back acne that originally came out around 3 months into TRT. So far, there has been no change at all on cycle. Meaning I still have some acne, but it is no worse at 500mg/wk than it is at 100mg/wk.

Diet: My goal here is to bulk. I'm not trying to gain fat, but I'm not shying away from food either. For those who care, I'll give a sample of my daily food intake right now. This was yesterday, and is a very typical day of food for me right now. Pre-cycle diet was similar, except less carbs and about 40g less protein.

Yesterday: breakfast: 4 whole eggs scrambled, 1 cup greek yogurt, 1 whole wheat bagel, banana
    mid-morning snack: 1 scoop whey protein mixed with 16 ounces 2% milk
    Lunch: (3) 6 ounce grilled chicken breasts, 6 ounces cooked whole grain pasta, side of mixed steamed veggies
    mid afternoon snack: 7 ounce grilled salmon fillet, mixed green side salad
    Dinner: 8 ounce sirloin steak, side of broccoli/asparagus, small side of mashed potatos
    After dinner snack: 1 cup greek yogurt mixed with 1 scoop whey protein and some fresh strawberries.

Cutthroat10 is offline New Member
    Nice gain on your dead lift, 30lbs in two months is a good jump. I neglected dead lifts for a long time so now I'm trying to catch up with my upper body.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Thats awesome I will be following your progress keep posting !!

Word of advice, don't shoot test into the same delt you got a flu shot in 2 days prior. I didn't have any pain from flu shot so didn't think twice about using that same delt a couple days later.....ended up with the worst pip I've ever gotten for the next two days. Don't know what it is, but the two don't play nicely together. All is well now though.

Strength is going up pretty quickly now. Benched 285x10 today vs. 275x10 last week. On Squats 365 used to be a near max..maybe 2 reps, and I got it for 7 this week.

Week 4:
    Night sweats!

Good work still following

Weights up a little more. 204 this morning. Noticing better pumps with workouts on a regular basis. I changed my diet up a little. I switched out the pasta carbs for rice the last few days and I feel a bit better. Less bloated.

Week 5:
    Tried quad injection for first time.
    F you virgin muscle PIP.

Also, I had some bloods pulled earlier this week and got results back today.
    E2 sensitive is at 38, so I'm comfortable that I've got AI dosing where it needs to be. Right now taking .3mg anastrozole eod.
    Total test >1500 (381-1189)
    Free test >50 (8.7-25.1)
    I wish I had exact test totals, but at least I know the gear is legit for sure. Its pharma grade (non U.S.) but its not my trt script so I feel better now that its verified with blood work!

Been feeling a bit more bloated/gassy, and looking over my diet I've allowed my protein powder usage to creep up to 3 scoops/day on average. Adding macros gives me 200-210 protein on just the solid food I'm eating, so I'm gonna cut out the powder altogether and stick to whole foods for the rest of the cycle.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Nice log man. I am going to be following ya. I want to start just got to get the nerve up to do it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    Nice log man. I am going to be following ya. I want to start just got to get the nerve up to do it. lol

I've been following some of your threads as well. It sounds like your taking time to be well organized, which is great. Good luck when you take the plunge!

Yea I have been. I make sure I ask questions that's for sure. Because I am learning so if I got a question I ask lol. I was going to start today but I didnt bc I didn't have all my **** wife called and said they came in so Maybee tomorrow . If I get the nerve. But good log keep us updated

anything new going on here....?

Beginning of week 7. Weight was 208.3 this morning, up from 195 at the start. All else going well, so nothing too interesting to report.

Lets update this Baxter???

Nothing overly interesting to report, but all is well. Weight is still right at 208, but I'm still getting stronger and looking noticeably fuller through the upper chest and shoulders especially. I've been changing my bench press routine the last couple weeks and focusing more on upper chest isolation without worrying too much about weight and I can tell a difference. I'm trying to watch my diet to avoid excess bloat, and I'm happy with the results. I've definitely thinned out a bit the last two weeks even though my weight hasn't changed so things seem to be set up well right now to lose some fat while still building muscle. I'm holding off on updated pics until the cycle is officially over. I feel great and side effects are slim to none right now.
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

That's a good update man. I like reading updates. Your up 13 lbs on week 7. Seems like everything is going good for ya.

I am up 12 lbs on week 4. Damn starting to think I am doing something wrong. Diet is pretty clean tho.

Anyways good job!

1979 Trans Am is offline New Member
    Subbed!

Keep us posted; great log.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I alternate every 6 weeks between GVT and AGVT. Lowering the weight and increasing the reps worked well for me. I prefer the GVT over AGVT...I get a lot more out of repping than maxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    Nothing overly interesting to report, but all is well. Weight is still right at 208, but I'm still getting stronger and looking noticeably fuller through the upper chest and shoulders especially. I've been changing my bench press routine the last couple weeks and focusing more on upper chest isolation without worrying too much about weight and I can tell a difference. I'm trying to watch my diet to avoid excess bloat, and I'm happy with the results. I've definitely thinned out a bit the last two weeks even though my weight hasn't changed so things seem to be set up well right now to lose some fat while still building muscle. I'm holding off on updated pics until the cycle is officially over. I feel great and side effects are slim to none right now.

Sorry haven't updated in a bit. My last blast pin was last Thursday at 250mg, and as of this week I'm back to my trt dose of 120mg (split 60mg Mon/Thurs). I took two more doses of AI since last 250 pin, and am going to stay off it now that I'm back to trt doses. I've never needed it for trt. Overall I'm happy with the cycle, it went super smooth with no drama or side effects to speak of. Doing my homework first definitely paid off. I started at 195, and am currently 208 even though a bit leaner. I was hoping for 10-15lbs increase so I'm right where I wanted to be. I gained A LOT in my first 6 months on trt, so I wasn't expecting typical first cycle gains compared to someone who has never touched AAS in any way before. Come to think of it, I should go back and find some pictures of myself from before trt to post...I was looking at some vacation pictures from about two years ago when I was about 165 in weight and I look like a different person! Anyway, strength for this blast went up a good bit in all major lifts as well as picking up some size.

Glad it went well for ya man.

Let us know if a couple of weeks how you feel? I have read that you should run your AI two weeks after your last pin? How many times did you take your AI after your last pin? Also did you use HCG and if so do you use it during your TRT?

I am just wondering because on my trt which is the gel I never needed an AI or never used HCG. THanks

I've taken two AI doses since last blast pin. I stopped it earlier than the recommended two weeks because I've learned through previous experience that I'm very sensitive to AI and my E2 drops quick so I'm prone to crashing it. I'm not on hcg .

Update now in week 4 off of blast. I feel great and so far no loss of any size or strength. If anything, I feel better now than I did toward the end of the cycle. From an overall well being standpoint, I think I'm more well balanced and hence feel better at my regular trt levels. I'm going to get full blood work done next week to see where everything stands after a month off the blast. I'll post the results when I get them
    Inked medic1 likes this.

Sounds like it went well curios to see what you hang on to.

- GAL -->
    Khazima likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    heck yea man great job. DAMN 570 DL...

I'm only 5'9", so that helps with deadlift a lot vs. taller guys. Not very often being short is an advantage...lol!
    Chicagotarsier likes this.

Coming up on almost 2 months post blast and all is well. No loss in size/strength. Still making gains if anything, been feeling really good in the gym this last week with some noticeable strength gains. Just figured I'd update for anyone who's keeping track.

timrauch is offline New Member
    I'm 36 and just did my 2nd cycle test e and tren witch has blowed me a way on gains I look so much better. But I'm very uneducated on cycling so this has helped me reading your thread so I also will keep following

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Such a great thread. Thanks for tAking the time to post it!

• Thread Information