Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: ThisGirl's Anavar Log

thisgirllifts is offline Female Member

ThisGirl's Anavar Log

Hello my Friends!
    When I posted looking for more information about Anavar , everyone on this forum was very helpful and supportive. So I thought I'd take the time to start a log as suggested by GirlyGymRat who offered me quite a bit of info based on her own experiences.

So I did get my var, tested it with success and am so far 2 weeks into my cycle. Prior to starting I was struggling with my workouts and found myself discouraged with the physique I was bringing to my first cycle. The stress of a recent breakup likely caused my cortisol levels to skyrocket and I was retaining water like crazy. Not to mention the fact that I lost motivation to lift regularly for 2 weeks. But once I got my var, I resolved to get back on the horse with a vengeance.

I started at about 155.3lbs and took a few measurements head to toe to compare at the end of my cycle. My first week was 5mg a day, and now I'm at 10mg which I split between the morning and afternoon. The first thing that I noticed after starting was that my skin was more oily. This was to be expected so I'm taking extra care to prevent breakouts. I did decide to stay on BC only to help with preventing acne, so I am willing to accept some water weight, or the challenge of trying to keep it under control. I wash my hair every other day anyway, so I don't see a big change in oily hair. But I'd assume that other ladies who are used to going longer between washing may have to switch up their routine.

I am currently using the Candito Linear training program because it fits my work schedule and I like the strength improvements I see week to week (even before this cycle). I have still been recovering strength after my irregular lifting pattern during the few weeks prior to starting. But I'm catching up, and have even improved in some areas. My sumo deadlift gained 10lbs with a 245lb max up from 235lbs. My max on bench gained 10lbs from 120lbs to 130lbs. I've been staying light with squats lately, though (140lbs). So my goal is push that back up over 200lbs. Since getting a desk job, I've been struggling with tight hip flexors, specifically my left. Despite stretching before and after lifting as well as on rest days it's still made it difficult to push more weight week to week. So any suggestions on more stretches or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

In addition to lifting I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes 3-4 times a week. I track macros still, but don't have a steep caloric deficit since my goal isn't necessarily to get shredded lean. I'm more interested in gaining strength, gain some muscle size and weight, and maintaining some muscular definition. I definitely feel more comfortable with a powerlifter's build. As long as I like the way I look, I don't fear the number on the scale

Sometimes I am online very sporadically, so my posts may not be regular, but I will do my best to keep everyone up to date with my experiences!
    NACH3 and lovbyts like this.

bina is offline Female Member
    How exciting! I can't wait to hear about your successes throughout your cycle.
    thisgirllifts likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Subscribed!!!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Subscribed!!!!

Hey my ex also had/has hip flexor problems due to working at a computer(& posture issues - I used to suggest things - but DTM(Deep Tissue Massage) scraping, cupping(all releases pressure) as well as going very deep into the psoas muscle(it's deep) and gets painful to get into but she said once she was regularly going she was loose and way more agile! Just thoughts as it helps w/my R shoulder issues and sub-scapular issues(on same side)

But also since we broke up(it's been a while but) I used that to help push me into consistency again and one thing that's very good about it LOL! Channel any anger(whatever it may be) release that adrenaline, the mind/muscle connection is key(everything starts in the brain) - this is coming from an elite members thread(Marcus' Diary) - push yourself beyond your bodies limits daily(in all aspects of life)... And you'll succeed! Nice lifts too

Best of luck and I'll be following...

Wow thank you for the info on deep tissue. I know I've been neglectful by not going to get massages now that I'm lifting heavy, but you have made the case for my needing to go lol. Over winter I was doing GVT with 135lbs and now I'm just repping that as a basic working weight since dealing with hip tightness. I've got other recurring muscle tightness all over so I know I'm long overdue for a deep tissue massage. I'll start looking for a reliable place to visit.

And thanks for the encouragement of putting adrenaline from anger to use! I'll have to look up this Marcus

Here's a link to Marcus diary. You will find it interesting given your power lifting interest!!!
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...ary%2A%2A.html

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thisgirllifts View Post
    Wow thank you for the info on deep tissue. I know I've been neglectful by not going to get massages now that I'm lifting heavy, but you have made the case for my needing to go lol. Over winter I was doing GVT with 135lbs and now I'm just repping that as a basic working weight since dealing with hip tightness. I've got other recurring muscle tightness all over so I know I'm long overdue for a deep tissue massage. I'll start looking for a reliable place to visit.

And thanks for the encouragement of putting adrenaline from anger to use! I'll have to look up this Marcus
    Yes DTM is wonderful(if consistent) can be great, also have you used a rumble roller?? They seem to help and dig in much more(w/those spikes) they dig deep(just try to relax - easier said then done - and let it do it's job)... I often find myself tightening up instead of breathing it out lol - little adjustments make a huge difference

Oh he's not a hard one to miss LOL(freak of nature) haha, ^^^ GGR gave ya the link

If you have any ?'s he explains it so good(but it's a loong thread) and just start at the beginning - it takes much time - but it's reignited the fire under my arse lol!

So this is my third full week into my cycle. I've decided to start doing paused squats and paused dead lifts as part of my program again and I was happy with how they went today. I want to keep pushing my lifts each week while being mindful that I don't push my muscle strength past what my joints and tendons are ready for!
    I woke up at 160lbs this morning. I've started to see my waist trim down slightly, despite the fact that I'm still working through water weight (thanks to my BC). I've been using a green tea supplement to help keep from retaining more water. I haven't decided if I wanna try a stronger diuretic since I'm not competing for anything that warrants me using one. I just don't like when water weight shows in my face. As for gains, so far I'd definitely say that my chest is getting bigger, which is awesome because I've always been pretty happy to be a bench press princess my quads and butt are also getting visibly bigger. I notice that my back is getting wider too because my clothes are already fitting differently.

I've been breaking out a little bit on my face, but I think I've figured out a better system to cleanse my skin. It's only slightly annoying, but nothing severe right now.

Sorry this was kinda stream of consciousness. A later ending shift at work made it so I had to lift late afterwards and I'm a little worn out! I am definitely looking forward to sleeping.

Awesome u r seeing gains in such short time!!!!

I never thought to take green tea supplement for water retention but sounds like a nice alternative to diuretics. When I do cardio it seems to flush the water out although my lower extremities are hardest hit sitting all day.

For the occasional breakout I started using spot remover by origins. It's green a tiny plastic container at $16. Put a small dab on immediately when feel it forming and dries up by next day.

I've never had oily skin. Some of the ladies use oil blotters, oil cleansing and even prescription accutane (harsh and causes birth defects in fetus). There's a thread in the spa on this if interested.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I mentioned Yohimbine to TGL and GGR I think this could benefit your 'prob Areas' I heard Mike refer to it as it works/targets specifically lower extremities check out!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    I mentioned Yohimbine to TGL and GGR I think this could benefit your 'prob Areas' I heard Mike refer to it as it works/targets specifically lower extremities check out!
    I have read where mike also recommends use of yohimbine to mix up ECA stack. I have to search for it but I think he takes out the caffeine. Now I have to look,..... Be back in a second after I employ this new powerful search tool

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Yup... That's it... Yohombine HCL(3mgs) effective dose

Thanks for the info on Yohombine HCL

So today was my push/pull day. great workout!

Spoto Press
    6 sets of 4 - 115lbs
    Did some heavy singles 3 of 125, 2 of 130, and 1 of 135
    (doing a few heavy singles after my working sets has been pushing my lifts to gain almost 5lbs every week or two even before my cycle)

Paused Dumbell Row
    6 sets of 4 - 55lbs

Dumbell Lateral Raises
    3 sets of 10 - 22.5lbs

Pendlay Rows
    3 sets of 10 - 85
    Still new to these so I'm learning form before adding more weight

My arms were pretty done after those lifts, but I figured I'd make myself useful and do these

Cable tricep extensions
    3 sets of 10

Cable curls
    3 sets of 10

Didn't put the weight on those cuz as far as I'm concerned the posted weight on each cable machine varies so 30lbs could feel the same as 50lbs on a different machine at my gym, it just depends on which one I happen to use that day.

Quote Originally Posted by thisgirllifts
    So today was my push/pull day. great workout! Spoto Press 6 sets of 4 - 115lbs Did some heavy singles 3 of 125, 2 of 130, and 1 of 135 (doing a few heavy singles after my working sets has been pushing my lifts to gain almost 5lbs every week or two even before my cycle) Paused Dumbell Row 6 sets of 4 - 55lbs Dumbell Lateral Raises 3 sets of 10 - 22.5lbs Pendlay Rows 3 sets of 10 - 85 Still new to these so I'm learning form before adding more weight My arms were pretty done after those lifts, but I figured I'd make myself useful and do these Cable tricep extensions 3 sets of 10 Cable curls 3 sets of 10 Didn't put the weight on those cuz as far as I'm concerned the posted weight on each cable machine varies so 30lbs could feel the same as 50lbs on a different machine at my gym, it just depends on which one I happen to use that day.
    That's some weight you pushing and pulling!!! Pendlay rows are news to me. I will lookUp!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Nice lifts - TGL!

Nice to see some heavy and different exercises being used to build... Cool stuff!

? - I see you don't do many lifts, which is fine - if failing) - but just asking why the 6sets(pyramiding up and down)??

itsmybody is offline Female Member
    Subscribed!!!!

Pendlay rows are new to me too! but a guy at my gym showed me how to do them and they seem like they'll help me continue to push my deadlifts since the stance is similar. Plus, ever since I did that Figure competition last year, I've liked the look of building up my rear delts

I use 6 sets of 4 paused reps to failure on this particular program because according to Candito's summary of the program it allows me to drop the weight without losing intensity while increasing my skill in the lift, increasing time under tension which builds muscle, and increasing effective mobility by strengthening form I've seen consistent strength gains by switching between heavy lifting days and control days. Plus I've gotten more confident with my form
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Good to see another female cycle log

A rare sight for the most part

Sounds like u r doing quite well so far.

Hey thanks Samson!

and I'm glad that I'm making good progress with this first cycle experience

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I use 6 sets of 4 paused reps to failure on this particular program because according to Candito's summary of the program it allows me to drop the weight without losing intensity while increasing my skill in the lift, increasing time under tension which builds muscle, and increasing effective mobility by strengthening form I've seen consistent strength gains by switching between heavy lifting days and control days. Plus I've gotten more confident with my form

I like ^^^

subscribed

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    So what are your plans post this cycle?

More juice, or is one run enough? - What are your goals overall

It's kinda tough to answer IMO - No one I know(male or female) runs only one cycle. . . . But, Var for women seems quite low in toxicity compared to the other shit we use.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

I'm not sure if it was mentioned or now (didnt see it) and you may already know this but be sure to drink a LOT of water after your DTM. It releases a lot of toxins and you will hurt a lot the next day if you dont.

My first DTM I didnt do this, didnt know and wow I hurt the next day and was wondering why people like massage. lol

I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. Another reason I want to move to Philippines soon. Several trips to Philippines and Thailand I got spoiled having DTM and other for 1 full hour + 30 minutes steam or dry sauna, tea and 15 minutes rest after with tea all for $10, maybe $12 including tip.

That I could afford to do most every day, sometimes 2x. lol

Great log. Defiantly will follow.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned or now (didnt see it) and you may already know this but be sure to drink a LOT of water after your DTM. It releases a lot of toxins and you will hurt a lot the next day if you dont.

My first DTM I didnt do this, didnt know and wow I hurt the next day and was wondering why people like massage. lol

I just wish they weren't so darn expensive. Another reason I want to move to Philippines soon. Several trips to Philippines and Thailand I got spoiled having DTM and other for 1 full hour + 30 minutes steam or dry sauna, tea and 15 minutes rest after with tea all for $10, maybe $12 including tip.

Good point - gotta flush em out - or you'll be in for it

TGL - awesome to see these types of lifts being preformed... Your gonna have many followers... it's great to see the jump in female logs!

Thank you ladies

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

I like ^^^

subscribed
    Wow Marcus what an honor! I won't disappoint
    marcus300 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    So what are your plans post this cycle?

More juice, or is one run enough? - What are your goals overall

It's kinda tough to answer IMO - No one I know(male or female) runs only one cycle. . . . But, Var for women seems quite low in toxicity compared to the other shit we use.
    I'm undecided on big goals as of now. However, I think down the road I'd like to shoot for competing in a powerlifting meet. I'm definitely wanting to gain strength from this cycle. And I'm really liking anavar so far I think that having heavy lifts is what's gonna make the most of it.

As for future future cycles, I think I'd use anavar again to maintain what I gain here and make some more steady gains. Learning more from everyone here is whats gonna help me make informed decisions

The crazy thing is that one goal of being able to bench 135 is what's pushed me every day for the past 3 years. I'm gonna need a new goal lol

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

I've actually heard that before! An old coworker used to date a massage therapist who apparently was so effective that patients would puke within an hour after their massage if they didn't drink water like she'd warned them to do. Crazy stuff.

I've never had one and I would certainly say that the price tag is whats prevented me from getting DTM. I can definitely see why you'd get spoiled over in Thailand!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Good point - gotta flush em out - or you'll be in for it

TGL - awesome to see these types of lifts being preformed... Your gonna have many followers... it's great to see the jump in female logs!

Thank you ladies
    Thanks NACH! I'm happy to pay forward my experiences after all the information everyone generously helped me with when I started here

And i definitely like using heavy compound movements. Plus, it's always a little gratifying when I can lift more weight or use better form than the dude next to me at the gym
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks NACH! I'm happy to pay forward my experiences after all the information everyone generously helped me with when I started here

And i definitely like using heavy compound movements. Plus, it's always a little gratifying when I can lift more weight or use better form than the dude next to me at the gym

Exactly - lmao... That's awesome - for you to look over at a dude and be like wtf - are you doing lol

Keep pushing! Set another goal for say 165 etc... Are you pausing your presses(since thinking about PL comps)?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Exactly - lmao... That's awesome - for you to look over at a dude and be like wtf - are you doing lol

Keep pushing! Set another goal for say 165 etc... Are you pausing your presses(since thinking about PL comps)?
    Yea NACH my spoto presses are paused about 2 inches from my chest

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Wow Marcus what an honor! I won't disappoint
    With words like going to failure, rest pause, time under tension and increasing intensity you got my full attention. Keep up the good work

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Yea NACH my spoto presses are paused about 2 inches from my chest
    Very nice! I thought you would be . I'm telling ya TUT, RPs, forces, negs etc w/high intensity(is HIT).... I knew Marcus would like this log

Quote Originally Posted by thisgirllifts
    Thanks NACH! I'm happy to pay forward my experiences after all the information everyone generously helped me with when I started here And i definitely like using heavy compound movements. Plus, it's always a little gratifying when I can lift more weight or use better form than the dude next to me at the gym
    SWEET!!! You are officially my hero today! I love it when I hear a woman has better form and went heavier than the dude next to her! No half reps, FANTASTIC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmybody
    SWEET!!! You are officially my hero today! I love it when I hear a woman has better form and went heavier than the dude next to her! No half reps, FANTASTIC!!!!
    There isn't female lifting like this in my gym. I would be watching, taking mental notes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    There isn't female lifting like this in my gym. I would be watching, taking mental notes!!!
    I wanna go too!

Haha thanks you guys! you make a girl blush

So I'm finally home after lifting, Spent the 4 hours after the gym at the mechanic and then quoting car parts. Not fun. so I was hungry and irritable. But now that I've eaten I am finally able to post about today's lifts

My squats are feeling a little better now that I've gotten suggestions on some more stretches for my tight left hip flexor. But it's still an issue I've got to work on daily. Plus I got some new shoes. Since when did chuck taylor's get so damn expensive?!

Squats
    3 sets of 6 - 145
    worked up to some singles of 185 after my working sets

Sumo Deadlift
    2 sets of 6 - 190
    1 set of 3 - 205
    worked up to 2 singles of 250
    (I take a good few minutes to break between each set because they're each so demanding)

And that's all I lift for leg day!

and believe me, that's enough for me to need a nap lol. I finish with 20 minutes on treadmill then another 15 minutes at least to stretch. Taking that long to stretch has made a difference in flexibility (obviously) but it's also helped my muscles grow. Since I started making myself take the time to stretch I've been able to lift heavier and I've ripped through 2 pairs of jeans...That speaks for itself lol

My weight was at 159.4 when I woke up this morning. I'm losing a little more fat, but I would more likely guess that my water weight is fluctuating.

Yup, still hero! Maybe I should try this thing called stretching...really bad about that!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information