Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Female Log - first cycle

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Fun little comparison! This is 11 weeks growth for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2267.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	163281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2268.JPG 
Views:	340 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	163282

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    girl, you're strong as a beast you surpass me on my weights/reps, and Im sitting here reading this... all ashamed ... joking, overall really good progress, especially the passion, the drive, the vibe here, its all so vibrant, I can almost feel the energy and see you smile just by reading it all... very good, it should turn on alot more people do more reach for more just by reading what you post here, very well!

I have noticed one thing when travelling and trying different gyms, machines would be similar per exercise but different by manufacturer and weights dont match one another, in one gym 50 is too heavy on this one machine, in another its just way too light, depending on the pulley/gears size/ratios and setup it could give world of difference, lesser/greater load on the same numbers, so that's that, but on the screen you beat me to the ground, well done really good.

You ask about changing things around, how about keep and try to stick with your routine but try higher intensity? Im talking about - do your warmup set or two but not with the working weight, something around 50-60% of you working weight, and then do the one and final working set per that exercise, ~3 seconds per each controlled movement, etc dumbbell curls: raise 3sec - hold/squeeze 3sec - lower 3sec, via full range of motion and see how does it feel?
    As you mentioned you have extra power where you feel like you could go more do more, this should tax your energy levels very well

I can imagine exercises can get real boring and you'd want to try something new, but think of it this way - its easier to get bored than to discover something exciting, just an idea to think about...

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    There are some members who say that cardio will detract from muscle growth. Cardio is for conditioning. Resistance training builds muscle.

If u lift heavy muscles respond. I can do cardio for months and my muscles don't grow.

Conditioning, thats what I found about cardio too, id get more contrast but not growth from cardio, but it shouldnt inhibit growth if strenght training and cardio was combined me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    girl, you're strong as a beast you surpass me on my weights/reps, and Im sitting here reading this... all ashamed ... joking, overall really good progress, especially the passion, the drive, the vibe here, its all so vibrant, I can almost feel the energy and see you smile just by reading it all... very good, it should turn on alot more people do more reach for more just by reading what you post here, very well!

I have noticed one thing when travelling and trying different gyms, machines would be similar per exercise but different by manufacturer and weights dont match one another, in one gym 50 is too heavy on this one machine, in another its just way too light, depending on the pulley/gears size/ratios and setup it could give world of difference, lesser/greater load on the same numbers, so that's that, but on the screen you beat me to the ground, well done really good.

You ask about changing things around, how about keep and try to stick with your routine but try higher intensity? Im talking about - do your warmup set or two but not with the working weight, something around 50-60% of you working weight, and then do the one and final working set per that exercise, ~3 seconds per each controlled movement, etc dumbbell curls: raise 3sec - hold/squeeze 3sec - lower 3sec, via full range of motion and see how does it feel?
    As you mentioned you have extra power where you feel like you could go more do more, this should tax your energy levels very well

I can imagine exercises can get real boring and you'd want to try something new, but think of it this way - its easier to get bored than to discover something exciting, just an idea to think about...
    Awe you are so sweet. I am extremely passionate and am so glad that comes through. I absolutely am in love with working out and the balance it brings into my life, plus you get to look great!!!

I agree all gyms are different. My friend that helps me, explained to me the pulley's and OMG, I had know idea that the one pulley is so much heavier than the one with 4, makes complete sense. They really all are different.

I like your idea of holding the weights for longer. I will absolutely try that today in legs, slower reps! And tomorrow in back and bi's. I want to be taxed I welcome it actually!!!

I love your its easier to get bored than to discover something exciting AMAZING WORDS!!!
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 05-06-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    There are some members who say that cardio will detract from muscle growth. Cardio is for conditioning. Resistance training builds muscle.

If u lift heavy muscles respond. I can do cardio for months and my muscles don't grow.
    I don't just do cardio though (like running or walking), I am not a fan of cardio per say. I do HIIT with weights the whole time. I would get super bored just doing cardio, I have to have some strength in there as well. I do love conditioning though. Makes me like an energizer bunny!

I completely agree with you, that's why I got back into weight lifting. Cardio wasn't doing crap for me, I needed to LIFT HEAVY and get strong. It's made my HIIT classes that much better.

Conditioning, thats what I found about cardio too, id get more contrast but not growth from cardio, but it shouldnt inhibit growth if strenght training and cardio was combined me thinks
    I totally agree with you!

Day 14

Went to HIIT this morning and was able to hold 8lb weights the whole 60 min. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it's constant movement and different workouts the entire 60 min, with bursts of cardio (burpees, mountain climbers, frog hops, in and outs, high knees, football drills where you drop down), I felt strong. My shoulders are feeling it. I have legs with my training friend tonight and I am SO excited. I am going to wear my sleeves today, my knees have really been bothering me. One thing with me is being so tall my joints are pretty shaky at times. I am really small boned and when I lift 2x+ my body weight, my knees take a beating. I have never worn sleeves, but I am going to be that girl. I also get my wrist grips in today so I will be trying those on dead lifts. I am excited. Ready to make my legs shake!!! I just really need to get better on squats so I can lift heavier, I feel a little weak only getting 85lbs......Hoping the sleeves make a difference.

Took a couple pictures of my shoulders this morning. I like that they are getting more of a pop. I feel like they are starting to look strong. I just want to look super strong!!!

Name:	FullSizeRender-10.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	163289

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 05-06-2016 at 09:34 AM.
    InternalFire and Dj Screw like this.

Female Log - first cycle

Day 15

Had an amazing leg day today. Wore my sleeves for my knees and wow what a difference. I could go deeper and do more weights. I knees are not the best, so I am always modifying based on what they can handle. That part of lifting stinks, but I found a solution, SLEEVES! Hit the gym at 6:30 this morning with my girlfriend/training partner.

Squats - my high was 115 lbs 10 reps, deep way past 90.
    front squats - 85 lbs 10 reps (only listing highs here)
    Dead Lift - 115 last set 10 reps
    Leg Press - 270 - 14 reps, 320 - 10 reps, 360 - 10 reps, 420 - 6 reps (my ALL TIME high) I was shocked I could do it.
    Reverse Hack Squats - 90, 140, 180 - 10 reps, 90 max reps
    Side Single Leg Press - 50, 70, 90 decreasing reps
    Quad lifts - 90, 100, 110
    Hamstrings - 90, 110, 130 6 reps
    Then booty lifts on cables 3 sets of 15 each 50lbs
    then full range squats with 70lbs for 2 sets of 15 each
    Back ext - 25lb plate 2 sets of 13 each

I feel like I really pushed it and pushed my booty, hopefully I have some tenderness in my legs and booty.

A little hack squat and yoga for
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 08-04-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    Mr.BB, Dj Screw and InternalFire like this.

Dj Screw is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akdanielle View Post
    Day 15

Had an amazing leg day today. Wore my sleeves for my knees and wow what a difference. I could go deeper and do more weights. I knees are not the best, so I am always modifying based on what they can handle. That part of lifting stinks, but I found a solution, SLEEVES! Hit the gym at 6:30 this morning with my girlfriend/training partner.

Squats - my high was 115 lbs 10 reps, deep way past 90.
    front squats - 85 lbs 10 reps (only listing highs here)
    Dead Lift - 115 last set 10 reps
    Leg Press - 270 - 14 reps, 320 - 10 reps, 360 - 10 reps, 420 - 6 reps (my ALL TIME high) I was shocked I could do it.
    Reverse Hack Squats - 90, 140, 180 - 10 reps, 90 max reps
    Side Single Leg Press - 50, 70, 90 decreasing reps
    Quad lifts - 90, 100, 110
    Hamstrings - 90, 110, 130 6 reps
    Then booty lifts on cables 3 sets of 15 each 50lbs
    then full range squats with 70lbs for 2 sets of 15 each
    Back ext - 25lb plate 2 sets of 13 each

I feel like I really pushed it and pushed my booty, hopefully I have some tenderness in my legs and booty.

A little hack squat and yoga for you all

Attachment 163291Attachment 163292
    Looking great!
    SlimmerMe likes this.

Day 16

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the support on this journey!

Did back and bi's this morning and wow, I had a good workout. Felt at points like my forearms were going to burst, had to shake it off a few times, is that normal?

I will write more in on it tomorrow, but wanted to check in and say hi and happy Sunday!

Just got done meal prepping for the week, lots of salmon, steak, asparagus, peppers, sweet potatoes, boiled eggs and have broccoli ready to roll every day.

Today is another bloat day! Blah! Didn't drink a ton of water today either.

Went shopping today for some new clothes and a size 6 is a little tight on me, that's so not normal for me. I did catch a glimpse of my back in the mirror and whoa, it's getting big. I have for sure added some size to my lats. I think I actually have wings, for this normally size small torso, I am usually really small and lean, I had know idea my body could do this. It's kind of funny! I have always wanted to achieve this body my whole 20's and early 30's. I just hope my lower half catches up and decides to get ripped!

Hope everyone has a great night!!!

This is awesome!

Day 17

Good morning guys. I am so tired today. Got up to go to the gym, but I decided to sleep for an extra hour. I was really sleepy. Feel like my weekends aren't enough. Looks like I will be doing chest and tri's tonight after work.

I did take my measurements this morning. It's been awhile and haven't take them since April 18th pre starting cycle. My weight is up for sure 7-9 lbs give or take the day. My chest measurement is up 1.5 inches, I know my boobs aren't getting bigger, it's my back.....it's getting bigger. That's a lot of growth I think for 3 weeks. I think the others are pretty reasonable, I dont like to see my thighs getting bigger, but I am BUILDING muscle, that's what I keep telling myself. Till the muscle eats the fat they will get bigger. HA HA. Retraining my brain is hard, but I am doing it.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	163327

Hope everyone has a great Monday! I wish I was still in bed
    InternalFire likes this.

You will lose some fluff as soon as end cycle. It was literally fall off in 7-11 days and all your hard work will really pop!

Taking a day off is allowed. Over training is a side effect of cycle. Take rest. Your body needs it to grow.

Female Log - first cycle

Day 18

Happy Tuesday!

Decided to take yesterday completely off from all workouts, worked 12 hours and just felt like relaxing. Today I got up and did chest and tri's. The gym was crowded today, was pretty shocking actually.

Bench Press (Didn't have a spotter, so couldn't push it) 13 reps 65, 10 reps 75, 8 reps 85, then dropped to 75 and did 10 reps
    chest flys - 13 reps 100, 10 reps 115, 8 reps 130, dropped to 100 and did 10 reps
    Incline Chest press - 90 lbs 13 reps, 100 lbs 10 reps, 110 8 reps
    Chest cables upward - don't know the plates but was up a bar from last week
    Chest cable downward - Same as above
    Tricep kickbacks - 22.5 13lb reps, 25lb 12 reps, 25lbs 12 reps
    Rotator cuff in between sets of tricep kickbacks with 15 lbs, 20 reps
    Skull crushers - 30lb dumbell, 3 sets of 13 each
    Dips (no weights) 3 sets of 13
    Tricep cable pull downs - 70lbs 12 reps, 80lbs 10 reps, 90lbs 8 reps, 80lbs 12 reps

then finished up with abs. Was a fun workout!!!!

Funny story, was applying self tanner this morning and since my back as grown 1.5 inches in my lat area I can't reach my back anymore, boo so had to wake my roomie up to apply self tanner.

A little
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 08-04-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    InternalFire likes this.

You will lose some fluff as soon as end cycle. It was literally fall off in 7-11 days and all your hard work will really pop!

Taking a day off is allowed. Over training is a side effect of cycle. Take rest. Your body needs it to grow.
    That part I am excited about!!!
    InternalFire likes this.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Great dedication. Keep it up!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Day 19

Can't believe it's already been 19 days! Crazy how quick time flies. So have noticed strength increased, but not the way I have read other ladies logs on here. Am I doing something wrong? Also my friend who gave them to me, said possibly cause I am so tall that maybe the dose isn't high enough??? Any thoughts on this?

Did Sculpt HIIT this morning, held 8lb weights the entire workout, which was more than last HIIT class. It's hard when you are constantly doing every movement with weights. Had to drop them once in awhile.

It was 85 yesterday so I decided to lay out in the sun after work. I may do the same today after a quick workout after work....a lift session.

Not really where I want to be, but I need the bloat to go away!
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-05-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    InternalFire likes this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Your doing great. Nice log

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Your doing great. Nice log
    Thank you!!!

Re dosage. I ran 20mg split dose. The key is to get the most benefit from the smallest dose.

Re dosage. I ran 20mg split dose. The key is to get the most benefit from the smallest dose.

So in your honest opinion should I up my dose? Sadly he doesnt know a lot about woman taking var, just supplied me with it. I am on 12.5mg now split into 2 doses, but I don't feel what I have read you all felt during your cycles in logs. I feel growth, but not crazy, and feel a little plateau. I am 5'10.5 and 155 now with added weight. I am not really having any sides yet, thank God!

you're not tall at all you're Id say average normal height and besides you're doing good, PED's aren't magic pills, but they do help the works in progress, so keep on grunting hard and sincerely and watch the boost from it

Quote Originally Posted by akdanielle
    So in your honest opinion should I up my dose? Sadly he doesnt know a lot about woman taking var, just supplied me with it. I am on 12.5mg now split into 2 doses, but I don't feel what I have read you all felt during your cycles in logs. I feel growth, but not crazy, and feel a little plateau. I am 5'10.5 and 155 now with added weight. I am not really having any sides yet, thank God!
    Seems you are doing great on current dose. I ran 20 and nothing.

My recommendation is to stay where u are at. You are seeing increase in strength and no sides. That's ideal! Finish this cycle and take a little break. Jump back on and repeat same cycle before increase dosage. More is not always better.

There are plenty of females who run higher dosages. They also have more sides. Acne, hair growth where don't want it. Hair loss at hair line. IMHO the little extra gains aren't worth the sides.

I have a laser hair removal appt scheduled to rid the hair that grew back. AAS cause new hair growth. This is an expensive side. Lol.

you're not tall at all you're Id say average normal height and besides you're doing good, PED's aren't magic pills, but they do help the works in progress, so keep on grunting hard and sincerely and watch the boost from it
    You think almost 5'11 is normal height for a woman? Where do you live? I need to move there, I am tall compared to most woman in the US. ��

Seems you are doing great on current dose. I ran 20 and nothing.

My recommendation is to stay where u are at. You are seeing increase in strength and no sides. That's ideal! Finish this cycle and take a little break. Jump back on and repeat same cycle before increase dosage. More is not always better.

There are plenty of females who run higher dosages. They also have more sides. Acne, hair growth where don't want it. Hair loss at hair line. IMHO the little extra gains aren't worth the sides.

I have a laser hair removal appt scheduled to rid the hair that grew back. AAS cause new hair growth. This is an expensive side. Lol.
    Okay, I will stay on this dose! How long should I run cycle? Any advice I welcome!!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I approve

You look great!

Good log

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I approve

You look great!

Good log
    Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate it. Thanks for the compliment.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Day 20

I am super uber tired today. I went to the gym this morning and did Back and Bi's. I feel like I am not getting enough leg days in. I am at one a week right now. Been super busy with work and helping another company get their accounting department set up, so I am working 12 hour days. Still hit the gym 2x this week and 1 hiit class, will get hiit in tomorrow and hopefully legs in tomorrow and then working out Saturday and Sunday, Sunday I lift legs with my power lifting friend, it's always fun.

I have decided to keep my dose at 12.5, since GGR said it perfectly, I am experiencing no crazy sides, so I don't really want to mess with that. I don't really expect a miracle. I think what's getting to me is I don't look as cut as normal, I am puffy and it's kind of depressing to see that, but I am trying to just accept the process and trust that when I am off cycle that the puffiness will go away and my muscles will pop.

Does anyone have any advice on how long I should run this cycle? I leave on vacation June 9th. That will put me at 7 weeks. Can I quit at 6 weeks for first cycle or should I before?

Today's workout was good. My elbow area was sore from yesterdays HIIT class so I did good, but I for sure didn't do full extension bicep curls, but still pushed it.

I wish I had more energy today

The good news is it's gorgeous here today! I love the sun so much.

Some ladies run 4 week cycles. Some run 6 week. Others are 8, 10 and up to 12.

I like 6 for you because u will loose the fluff before vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Some ladies run 4 week cycles. Some run 6 week. Others are 8, 10 and up to 12. I like 6 for you because u will loose the fluff before vacation!
    When running longer cycles, some run lower dosages to minimize sides...

Some ladies run 4 week cycles. Some run 6 week. Others are 8, 10 and up to 12.

I like 6 for you because u will loose the fluff before vacation!
    I like the way you think!!!! Yeah!!! I will jump off for 6 weeks then and then plan another cycle sometime late summer. With the 10mg pills. I should have those this weekend. I just haven't seen my friend.

So when I come off, should I cut the sweet potato out and just focus on proteins so I can cut this extra fluff. I like that word
    InternalFire likes this.

less is more = good approach, its equivalent to fine tuning whatever you do. Efficiency to the perfection.

Like more sound doesnt mean its better and most times more sound translates to more noise, imagine 10 guitars playing whatever and however at the same time, and then compare it all to 1 fine-tuned guitar by masterpiece artist playing from his heart, a *sweetspot*

Keep your healthy mindset you have and rule your days with it good job

About your height - dont get obsessed what others think and dont compare yourself to others, find perfection in yourself and learn to love yourself, girl.
    Im from Ireland but that being said, you could go in to any direction on this planet and end up in a wrong group of people who look down on others by the superficial values and are judgemental, that's where self esteem comes in, and one really needs to find value in himself to understand there's nothing wrong with "you", just the weak mindset sometimes which is lead by the lack of determination and uncertainty, we all need to learn lots of things to become what we dream to be, what we desire to be, being certain and sharp on our life targets its hard to do, but once on the right track, we can be solid and sharp with everything just like a blade

Hope not sounding too "Kai Greene"

less is more = good approach, its equivalent to fine tuning whatever you do. Efficiency to the perfection.

Like more sound doesnt mean its better and most times more sound translates to more noise, imagine 10 guitars playing whatever and however at the same time, and then compare it all to 1 fine-tuned guitar by masterpiece artist playing from his heart, a *sweetspot*

Keep your healthy mindset you have and rule your days with it good job

About your height - dont get obsessed what others think and dont compare yourself to others, find perfection in yourself and learn to love yourself, girl.
    Im from Ireland but that being said, you could go in to any direction on this planet and end up in a wrong group of people who look down on others by the superficial values and are judgemental, that's where self esteem comes in, and one really needs to find value in himself to understand there's nothing wrong with "you", just the weak mindset sometimes which is lead by the lack of determination and uncertainty, we all need to learn lots of things to become what we dream to be, what we desire to be, being certain and sharp on our life targets its hard to do, but once on the right track, we can be solid and sharp with everything just like a blade

Hope not sounding too "Kai Greene"
    I absolutely love what you wrote. I am a pretty confidant person by nature. I own who I am and my 'height', my entire family is tall and I love it! I stand tall.

I am Irish a Mackintosh actually. Don't know a lot about it, but my Grandma came from Ireland to America. Hear it's amazing over there.
    InternalFire likes this.

Female Log - first cycle

Day 21

HAPPY FRIDAY!

So excited it't Friday. I worked a 13.5 hour day yesterday staring at a computer and my eyes hurt by the end of the day. I do accounting so it's my brain hurt.

I got up this morning though and made it to HIIT, I freaking love that class. My muscles were seizing up a little bit on me, I actually had to hit them a couple of times to get the cramping to release. It was nuts. I am planning on doing legs tonight, but it's supposed to be 91 and I may want to lay out in the sun before the rain comes in tomorrow .

After HIIT this morning, I was DRIPPING sweat! It was crazy!
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 08-04-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    InternalFire likes this.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Dani,

You have a very pleasant/contagious aura to you, I say that in the most complimentary fasion possible. It is so refreshing being around, working with, having everyday contact with positive people like yourself, don't ever change. The alternative, negative, cynical people drain every ounce of energy from a person, just to show how miserable they are. Life is good, could always be much worse! Ok, enough of the "mello dramatics"

Good job on your efforts, its showing....I personally have no problem with moderate "drug use" for the sake of vanity, just remember especially as a female, when you discontinue the Var, most your hard work will disappear rather quickly. Im not trying to be one of those downer people, its just you made reference to another go around at the end of the summer, just keep your eye on the ball, these are hormones. I think you already said you did but ALWAYS get your gear tested, Var is VERY expensive if it is real, many times faked with other compounds. As a female you want to pay close attention so you don't live with regrets going forward. Keep up the great work and I appreciate th epositive influence you bring to the table!!
    InternalFire likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by akdanielle View Post
    I am Irish a Mackintosh actually.

InternalFire likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Dani,

You have a very pleasant/contagious aura to you, I say that in the most complimentary fasion possible. It is so refreshing being around, working with, having everyday contact with positive people like yourself, don't ever change. The alternative, negative, cynical people drain every ounce of energy from a person, just to show how miserable they are. Life is good, could always be much worse! Ok, enough of the "mello dramatics"

Good job on your efforts, its showing....I personally have no problem with moderate "drug use" for the sake of vanity, just remember especially as a female, when you discontinue the Var, most your hard work will disappear rather quickly. Im not trying to be one of those downer people, its just you made reference to another go around at the end of the summer, just keep your eye on the ball, these are hormones. I think you already said you did but ALWAYS get your gear tested, Var is VERY expensive if it is real, many times faked with other compounds. As a female you want to pay close attention so you don't live with regrets going forward. Keep up the great work and I appreciate th epositive influence you bring to the table!!
    Awe! That was the sweetest message! Thank you so much! I really do try to be happy no matter what life throws at me. My motto is a smile on my face always. I will keep in mind that the effects of var start to disappear. I do test the current one I am on and it's good. The new stuff coming in I will test as well. I do know it's expensive......Pretty pricey!

Thanks again, I really APPRECIATE YOU taking the time to read and grasp my personality!

I am off work early on this FRIDAY and off to lay in the 91 degree sun!!!
    InternalFire likes this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information