daem is offline Anabolic Member

my own slin bridge

hows it going guys, this is the first post of a running journal i will keep about my 1st slin experience and hopefully provide some further insight to anyone considering it. im using humalog to bridge until my next cycle in early november.

dosage 7/4:
    5iu's post-workout

today hit 5ius post workout and ate some glucose tablets along with a glass of cell tech and protein shake 10 minutes after hitting myself.

58 minutes later i had 99g of carbs from brown rice and 50g protein from two chicken breasts.

30 minutes after that i ate a detour bar with 2 more chicken breasts and some milk with 1 serving of oatmeal.

today i felt slightly lethargic when i woke up and was very hungry. went about normal saturday business and had hunger pangs all morning. finally ate a large lunch about 2 hours before going to the gym and working biceps.

dosage 7/5
    Administered 6 iu's into the skin below left tricep while still in the gym post workout. Had some glucose tablets 2 minutes after hitting myself and then went back home for more food.

Exactly 15 minutes later I drank 1 serving (2 scoops) of cell tech and then 2 prorated shakes. 1 hour later I had a large bowl of pasta with a meal replacement bar and 2 servings oatmeal.

My injection took place at 3:10 and it is now 6:43. I overcame some feelings of slight fatigue and drowsiness by playing basketball outside for about half an hour. I am not letting myself go hypoglycemic, however I am really trying to listen to my body for timings of food and that means being on the clock.

Taking femara right now to help with water retention from the creatine and also still running 20mg nolva, although I am up 3 pounds in 2 days. Currently in week 2 of clomid treatment without any emotional problems like last time. Everything is going well so far, lets hope it remains that way.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    This should be damn interesting, particularly as insulin experiences are hard to come by for whatever reason. Out of curiosity, what led you to utilize it as a bridge? That really seems to be a solid, solid idea, and I'm wondering why it isn't more common. Also, do you plan on utilizing it in a bulking cycle if things go well this time?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    This should be damn interesting, particularly as insulin experiences are hard to come by for whatever reason. Out of curiosity, what led you to utilize it as a bridge? That really seems to be a solid, solid idea, and I'm wondering why it isn't more common. Also, do you plan on utilizing it in a bulking cycle if things go well this time?
    based on research i have done and bros i have shot some ideas around with, i decided to use slin in between cycles since it just makes sense. i feel that with my diet and current training habits that i can put on a good 10-15 pounds by the end of my first 4 weeks. enticing as this sounds, the potential for error here is higher than anything other than GH, so we will see what transpires with my bodyfat staying consistent and lean mass increasing.

a few bros feel that insulin should be included into heavy cycles because of how effective it is, however like you said BG, real world experience and accounts are difficult to come by.

hopefully everything to come in this thread can help someone further down the line who wants to use slin. i am definitely excited

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Good thread daem, Keep updating it every day if you can. I've been thinking about using slin for some time now, and it's nice to see you sharing the experience with the rest of us.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, keep updating this thread bro and letting us know how your progress goes.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Interesting idea, looking forward to reading this.
    Keep us updated, I'm becoming very interested in the effects of HGH considering it's results for different people vary greatly.

-HP

today woke up feeling great. i only got 8 hours of rest, however it felt more like 10. no feeling of exhaustion or fatigue early in the morning today before morning meal of 2 cups oatmeal, a detour bar and chicken breast.

i am so used to using flax in the morning with a shake that it has been different not using it in order to keep my saturated fats as low as possible so my body can adjust when i start hitting twice a day.

dosage 7/6
    hit 7iu's in a fold of skin on my thigh and immediately rushed to my car to get back home and get my simple carbs. i was delayed by a train that took forever to end, however i have been carrying glucose tablets around with me in case of any emergency. it took around 10 minutes for the train to pass and another 7 for me to get in the door and get some more sugar, so im glad i was thinking ahead.

i just ingested 1 serving of cell tech, 1 serving of gatorade, and 2 protein plus shakes, so i decided to take the stopwatch and start charting when hypoglycemia will set in. i am going to continue to do this for 5 more days until i hit my target of 12iu's. when i have the data i can make some informative charts with dosage over time elapsed since my post workout routine will remain constant unless modifications are necessary.

(continued)

it took about 1 hour and 17 minutes for me to feel hypo coming on after my initial meal.

had some pasta with 2 chicken breasts, a baked potato, and some gelatin for my large meal.

my body is still trying to adjust since i show mild hypo signs unless i eat like a horse.

already i have put on 4 pounds although it appears as though i am on winny again. strength isn't really climbing yet, although i havn't lost any strength gains through this post cycle.

this morning i woke up and did 45 minutes of cardio followed by an ab workout and then went to the gym for leg day around 2pm. strength has improved slightly and i am 4 days away from completing my post cycle. i havn't had a crash or rebound yet with strength or weight, so i must be doing something right to still be making gains when the AS are all completely gone from my body.

dosage 7/7
    took 8 iu's this afternoon after lifting and did my typical cell tech/protein shake combination 15 minutes after administering the slin. today hypo came around much faster, although i attribute that to running in the morning and not eating many carbs until after my workout.

i find myself more of a nazi about my food and caloric intake now since it is necessary to keep myself safe.

i am up 5 pounds so far and not retaining water since i am still taking femara, so it is definitely mass. i can't wait to see what kind of results will be had when i start hitting 10 iu's twice a day.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Good job man! Nice to see it's working for you.

i wasn't at a computer for a good part of the day yesterday so i didn't have time to update the thread. anyway, here goes.

dosage 7/8
    yesterday i hit 9iu's and everything went smoothly, although i had a little lump form immediately after injecting into the skin in my abs. it went away after 10 minutes but it was weird at first...i think the slin was just dispersing since i hit the shot pretty fast.

yesterday i got around 4000 cals in my 50/10/40 split for protein/fat/carbs.

although i feel like i have consumed a considerable amount of fat the last week or so, it isn't showing on my frame. i am still lean, getting harder all over and growing at the same time. still up 5 pounds from the start, which is fine with me if i could get 3 pounds every week.

still trying to tweak my post-shot routine to maximize the benfits of the slin. i have been experimenting with glucose tablets, gatorade, cell tech, and pure dextrose to have somewhat of a regimented post workout recovery meal plan.

i also forgot to post my stats in the beginning of the thread for practical purposes:

pre-slin post cycle #5 starting statistics:

6'3"
    233 lbs
    8% bf
    30' waist
    47' chest

current weight: 238

felt great today, although im guessing that stems from getting half of my next cycle in the mail. certainly exciting and november will be incredible.

on to business.

dosage 7/9:

now the hardest part of using slin so far has been the proper timing and proper post workout nutrients. hypo sets in about an hour after my initial 100g of simple carbs, mainly composed of monosaccharides (simple sugars.) and around 60gs of protein.

the next two meals are constantly being tweaked and refined based on how my body reacts...if i feel lethargic after that 2nd meal that means that my body had too many simple carbs initially since the insulin spike has peaked and began to plummet. my range of lethargy falls under this pattern:

time elapsed (minutes)
    0 - X iu's following workout
    15 - meal 1
    ----- hypo signs -------
    75 - meal 2
    105 - meal 3
    160 - last signs of hypo disappear

so over that course of 160 minutes im getting around 200g protein, 350 carbs and 40g fat (give or take on any of those)

i am trying to get 75% of all my carbs during my slin peak to avoid crashing throughout the day, however complex carbs aren't working well for me. not only does it make mwe even more hungry, but the cravings are just terrible. eating more protein certainly helps, however the carbs are just wasting calories when i get more than 15g in a sitting outside of the slin.

anyone who is following this is more than welcome to comment on things that i can improve on or tweak or make suggestions.

roidBeast is offline New Member
    Very interesting thread brother, i think you should keep eating simple carbs even two hours after you have your slin shot....

you're safer that way

Quote Originally Posted by roidBeast
    Very interesting thread brother, i think you should keep eating simple carbs even two hours after you have your slin shot....

you're safer that way
    right, i know the carbs i get are simple carbs, thats why i said im staying away from complex carbs...works better that way for me.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    So far it appears you are using everyday, but is that just because you have happened to workout every day thus far? Do you use the slin on non-workout days as well (if you have non-workout days in your split)?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    So far it appears you are using everyday, but is that just because you have happened to workout every day thus far? Do you use the slin on non-workout days as well (if you have non-workout days in your split)?
    today is my off day, so i won't be hitting any slin. on my off days i will alter my macronutrient ratios to be 60/30/10 protein/fat/carbs.

this way i can use the stored glycogen reserves for energy as well as eat get some fat from flax/fish oil without having it directly stored.

good question bro.

Great updates bro. Sounds like you're making some good progress.
    Post pics!
    Also good job on the diet... sounds like everythings in place!

HP

it has been several days without an update but I have been very busy with my job. Just not enough hours in the day to devote to everything outside of AR that has my interest, especially my new squeeze...unfortunately jenny's friend tried to call me and set up a solo rendezvous, however this situation is already fucked up enough for me to know when I am trying to have my cake and eat it too.

Tomorrow I will continue with where I left off (my off day) when I have more time.

XMeatX is offline New Member
    very interested to see how your bridge is going, as I'm about to start the exact same thing next week. How are strenght and pumps going now that you have been off juice for a while(also wanted to know exactly how long its been).

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    Man, I just loved finding this thread. I was wondering, well, you are doing it for muscle gains right ? I was thinking of adding this on my cycle, when I start the winnies, to help me cut a little bit.

But I was thinking of using fast slin, for 2-4ui´s a day, just after workouts, and eating some dextrose and protein shakes just after, to avoid hypo.

But was thinking of adding it as a cutter help. What do you think about it ?

My cycle (I am ending 4th week): http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=59658

Thanks...

Thread Information