Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Fall bulk/strength cycle

Baxter35 is offline Member

Fall bulk/strength cycle

A little background for those who don't know. Been on trt a little over 3 years now, and this will be my 4th cycle in that time as well.
    Previous cycles:
    1)Test E 500mg/wk, 12 weeks
    2)Test C 400mg/wk, 12 weeks with 50mg dbol /day weeks 1-4
    3)Test C 600 mg/wk, 12 weeks

I always run Adex at .25 eod on cycle, no pct since on trt. Current trt protocol is 100mg test c every 5 days. Last cycle was about 9 months ago.

Current cycle is just another simple cycle of 500mg/wk test C. I've found I gain well in that range and see no need to mess with anything else yet. I tried dbol the one time and saw some quick strength gains and water weight, but I felt like the dbol gains were short lived.

My primary goal for this cycle is just size/strength. I hesitate to say "bulk" because I prefer to gain a bit more slowly and not pack on unnecessary weight that will have to be shed later.

Current stats: 5'9", 216lbs, unkown bf but I have abs and comfortabley wear 34" waist pants. That's good enough for my purposes lol!

Current 1 rep max as of two weeks ago:
    Deadlift 600
    Squat 450
    Bench 370

I'm pretty happy with squat and deadlift and likely won't push to get that much higher. I feel my bench is most lacking so I'm setting a personal goal of hitting the 405 bench landmark. Might be pushing it, but we'll see......

I just finished week two and had the first training session today where I could tell I was starting to pick up a little strength from last time. No sides or anything else interesting to report at this time, I feel great overall. I'll check in periodically. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Baxter35; 10-22-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Nice job looks like you have done well. Test at that range was always my favorite cycle no sides hardly amd huge gains. Curious to know where your test levels are sitting on that trt protocol?

I was never able to grab ahold of 405 until i tried tren my last cycle i did i found that it helped me push through alot of barriers that i had stood mext too with test alone. It may be something you want to think about next cycle simce you are already pretty advanced and your on trt also.
    Good luck on cycle

Thanks Cuz, I've considered trying a little tren in the future, we'll see. 100mg every 5 days puts my test levels at about 600 at my trough. I've experimented between once weeekly and twice weekly as well and have found I like this every 5 day protocol the best as a compromise in between. Ive been running it about 9 months now and like it.

In the middle of week 2 here. I feel great and appetite has been up noticeabley the last few days.
    Trained chest last night. 45 minutes in and out, worked flat bench followed by dumbbell flies, finished with weighted dips. Still using HIT principles keeping weight up in a range where 4-6 reps leads to failure. Felt really strong last night, hitting an extra rep on each set and still had enough left in the tank to push an extra working set than what I had planned on. I finished flat bench off by dropping to 185 and working with restricted range of motion stopping about an inch from touching my chest on bottom and 2-3 inches short of lockout up top to maintain tension on muscles throughout the set. Pushed that til absolute failure and got an incredible burn/pump. Feeling good today, going to hit legs tonight.

Today was a bit long with work then family stuff so I was having trouble getting motivated to train. Decided to push through it, put on the right music, paced around and got my mind into lifting mode and turned it into a great session. After a few warm up and feeler sets I squatted 405 for 7 reps, then 425x3, 385x8, 315x12. Finished squats with 225 with partial reps. I don't have a name for the technique exactly, but I do 10 reps on the bottom half of the movement (going from 90 degrees to about half up) then 10 reps at the top half (legs not quite locked straight then lowering to about halfway through squat range of motion), followed by full range of motion squats til failure. Trust me it kills! Followed squats with some assorted calf raises and walking lunges. Whole workout took just under 40 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Massive quads man. Lookong very full

Thanks man, I love training legs as sick as that may sound! My quads/glutes/hamstrings respond well but I struggle with calves. It seems I can beat the crap out of them and they just get stronger but won't really grow.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Removed
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-06-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quadzilla in the house!!
    Obs and Baxter35 like this.

zejj is offline Junior Member
    Finding pants that fit must be a pain in the ass

Checking back in after a couple weeks not online much. Things are going well. Sitting right at 219 right now. Only three pounds up from where I started, but more importantly strength is moving up and I can tell I've gained some more size/thickness through my shoulders. I set two new PR's this week with 380 bench and 460 squat. Those are both up 10 pounds from the beginning of the cycle. I was thinking tonight that I may try changing things up a little at the end of this cycle by bridging into a short burst cycle. I'm thinking finish out the planned 12 weeks, drop back to trt dose for 3-4 weeks while also dropping back on training intensity a bit to deload, then go back up to 800mg per week for 4-5 weeks while cranking training and food intake back up.

Quote Originally Posted by zejj View Post
    Finding pants that fit must be a pain in the ass
    It can be. There are only certain types of jeans I can buy and I definitely have to try everything on before I buy!

Looooong overdue update! Been off cycle for several months now. I never did hit 405 bench while on cycle, but I've still been making slow and steady progress off cycle and finally hit 405 last night! Currently weighing in at 220, and PR's are 475 squat, 630 dead, and 405 bench.

Thread Information