Chalsco1 is offline New Member

Using insulin to become ketogenic faster??

I couldn’t find much about using insulin to lower bloody sugar levels to become ketogenic faster. I understand that it’s dangorous and that you can become hypo ect but I was just wondering if anyone has done this and what there views where on this if they have? I’m on keto 6 days a week 1 chest meal on a Sunday I’m running test 400 3 times per week and deca 250 3 times a week also xxx’s 120mg per day except Sundays. Been training for 5 years currently weighting 117kg about 25% bodyfat im 25 years old. Iv run plenty of courses and had great gains but Iv been doing some research into insulin and how it can be used in different ways. As o said if anyone has had any experience using it to decrease bloody sugar to reach ketosis faster please let me no how many iu’s also would you consider doing it again or is it just a stupid idea in general. I understand all the risks just want decent opinions
    Cheers

Also Iv bought a glucose meter to constantly check blood sugar and keto sticks to test for ketones. The goal of this is just to see if I can become ketogenic faster as it’s taking till Wednesday before I before ketogenic and I want to get there faster. I know it’s a dangorous way of doing it and I would take every precaution to stop myself becoming hypo ie having A load of sugar next to me and someone monitoring me whilst I’m doing it and constantly testing my blood sugar. This might just be a stupid idea but also it might be a break through so anyone whoes been there and done it or has experience in this field please give me your suggestions

Magnum_RS is offline New Member
    I don't fully understand the question...
    If you're under 20g carbs for 72 hours you'll be back in ketosis. Are you asking if you can use insulin to counteract your cheat meal?

Once you're fat adapted you will get back into ketosis easier anyway.

What are your calories/macros?

My question is, can you use Insilin to drive down your blood sugar level so that it uses all your carbs up from the previous day to send you ketogenic faster. So rather then having to wait for 3 days for your body to do it naturally can I use up my supply of carbs using small doses of insulin . It’s not to counteract my cheat day I have my cheat day so that I produce leptons and so I don’t go crazy of course.
    My calories are 2500 my macros are 15 carbs 40 protein 35 fat. It’s worked well Iv come down from 21.5 stone to 18.4 stone but I want to move this last bit of weight and not only that I want to see if it would actually work I know it’s dangorous but yeah really I wanna se if anyone else had any experience doing it?

Magnum_RS is offline New Member
    I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I was on a keto diet for a year...
    Also ketosis doesn't equal fat loss. You don't have to be in ketosis to lose fat.

Also that's quite a high body fat percentage to be running a cycle. Is it your first cycle?

Thread Information