Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Preparing for first cycle and looking for input.

NCC1968 is offline Junior Member

First cycle - Test E only.

5'9"
    205lbs

I have many years of lifting experience and now remain fairly constant as far as muscle size and strength go.....basically plateaued long ago.

This will be my first cycle and I've been studying hard(lots to consider) as to what I should start with. I've decided on this:
    Weeks 1-12: 250mg Test E every 3.5 days
    Weeks 1-14: 250iu hCG every 3.5 days & 10mg Nolva ED
    Weeks 15-18: Clomid 75/50/50/50 & Nolva 40/20/20/20
    NAC daily. I've never used this so listing it as part of the cycle vs regular supplements.
    I may have to up my blood pressure meds dosage once the weight (water) comes in. The meds include a diuretic so that may help with the water a bit.

I don't have much problem keeping to a diet.....lots of practice.
    I'll try to eat about 750 cal over and see if I'm gaining properly.
    This will include the regular supplements that we take anyway.

I'll get a blood test 2 weeks before start and am preparing to buy the medical hardware now.

I use an app for food and do keep a workout log. Should I increase my protein % for same calories intake?
    I'll calculate +30% of my lifts weights and work up to it gradually over 3 months - basically limit my use of new strength increase for less injury risk.

I'm pretty in tune with my body and pay attention....I think that is a very important aspect of this.

I welcome input and am about 3 weeks from the start so have time to make adjustments.....know before you go.

I'm looking to order this now....and get what little I need beyond this later.
    (2) 10 Pack Bag (10 Insulin Syringes) - EASYTOUCH 1CC, 27 GAUGE x 1/2
    (1) Bacteriostatic Water for Injection 30mL Sterile Vial
    (1) 10cc - 25 G x 1 Luer-Lok Syringe & Needle Combo (25pk)
    (1) Alcohol Wipes (100 count)

I appreciate any input.

Wish me luck and huge progress........
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-08-2020 at 09:33 PM.

Chark is offline Member
    You’re going to do very well
    NCC1968 likes this.

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That’s a tried and true first cycle. Did you do any bloodwork prior to getting started? Any idea what your total test, free test and E2 is? I ask because at 51 you may want to think about cruising on TRT after (just a thought) and you may find recovery tougher. Looks great otherwise and is a standard a million guys have fun before. Keep eating and lifting through PCT even after you don’t feel like Superman anymore.

Train hard and good luck
    NCC1968 likes this.

There are 3 kinds of people....those who do math and those who don't.

I do some, but am not too proud to ask so that I do not make a mistake calculating in alone.

My hCG is a 1 mL amp and it contains 10,000 iu / mL ....so 10,000 iu in the whole container.
    My BAC water is a 30 ml container.

What is the best way to mix them and draw with a 1cc / ml insulin pin?

It looks like the water bottle has enough room to put the amp into it...giving me a mixed bottle of 31 ml containing 10,000 iu.
    I want to draw a dose of 250iu and it has marking to 100..which is 1cc.
    What number do I draw to so that I have 250 iu loaded?

Be nice to get a few replies and see if they are the same...or very close. I've done it several times and have a number....so hoping it will match.
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-01-2020 at 10:47 PM.

bwandrade is offline New Member
    Get another sterile vial to do the mix, it would be much easier. You would mix 9ml of the water with the HCG and would pin only 25cc, exactly. If you use this mix you mentioned (31ml) you would need to inject 78cc each time (rounded up).

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    why not 10 ml? why an odd number such as 9?

bwandrade is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    why not 10 ml? why an odd number such as 9?
    Because if you add 10ml it will be 11ml total and will screw with the dosage anyway, with 10ml mix you have 10ui/cc, with 11ml the concentration will be 9,09ui/cc.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    put a 2 ml of bac water in the hcg to dissolve it. Suck it out and put it in an empty vile. add another 2ml of bac water into the now empty hcg bottle to make sure you collect all the rest of whats in there. suck that out and put it in the empty vile you have. Now you have 4ml of bac water and hcg in the empty vile. Add another 6ml of bac water to keep things even and now you have 10ml total and your math should be easy from here.

Nothing to dissolve.....it's liquid.

Turns out the vial contains 1ml, but is big enough for 4ml. I simply injected 3ml of BAC into the vial and now it's 2500/ insulin syringe....so using the 10 is perfect.
    Since 10 is such a small volume....should never use under 20% of the syringe capacity....I draw the 10ml dose + 10ml more from the water bottle.
    That's a dose of 250 with 20 on syringe scale....easy.

I got blood drawn this morning and now have all my supplies on hand.

So.....ready to go.

After 2 days of trying to get myself to stab my own ass with a one inch piece of steel I decided to do something else.

I studied up on quad injection and decided it would be better for me. I got it in after only about 30 mins of mental struggles to do it....and it was so damn easy....hardly felt shit....not even like a mosquito bite.

Instantly all the anxiety melted away and was replaced with excitement that I had succeeded and am on my way.

I can hardly wait 3.5 days to do it again knowing that I'm loading up....awesome feeling!

I've read that the hcg can cause insomnia so I'll do those only in the AM....can't risk my sleep.
    Maybe timing makes no diff....I'll see.....
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Morning and day after injection.....sore quad, but now near the end of the day....about 26 hrs later....little soreness.

Just did some benching, delts and triceps......I swear the pump is greater and I'm pushing a few more lbs. Both are probably in my mind, but I'll take it

I've gone from hating needles to...I can't fucking wait til the next time.....

Leg day.....
    My squat heavy set was 20lbs heavier than last week w/ same reps. Maybe it's just being motivated, but that counts as results.

Did second injection today...3 days since last so I'm half a day early. I'll do 3 days/ and then stretch it to 3.5 days once I'm loaded up.

First HCG injection...will continue with 3.5 day interval. Half of a 20 Nolva pill daily. I should get one of those pill boxes with days of the week.

Injected the left thigh this time as the right is actually a little sore still so may as well get some left side practice......was easy.
    I'm liking this thigh deal b/c I can clearly see what I'm doing and use both hands. Hopefully 3.5 day alternating will not become a problem and force me to choose another location.

Seem to be thirsty often.
    If I'm going to be retaining water I guess I need to drink more of it.

Got my precycle blood work back and there was no testosterone number.

I contacted them and they said it's not a regular part of the tests. I told them I myself had the medical form in front of me and verified all tests I wanted. They offered to draw again at no charge for that test, but I'm 6 days and 2 injections into it. I guess that result is better than no result.

So....can't even trust medical experts......wait for results before doing anything if you want accurate numbers.

Wonder if anyone is reading this........

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Iam reading bro
    The gluteus is much less painful for me..pull knee to chest lay on your side and put it right in the center of all that muscle ..it's painless with a sharp 25 gauge..

“Men do never if seldom, rise from small beginnings to great heights...Except through fraud or force"
    Niccolò Machiavelli
    Ectomorph71 likes this.

Thanks

I'm not having any real PIP issues ....and since I drive over 3 hrs per day I don't want to be sitting on the injection site.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Preparing for first cycle and looking for input.

your not having pip issues but you don't wanna ride on injection site?Its your world brother
    I hate leg shots..chest, delts, and glutes are my go to..
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 02-12-2020 at 10:27 PM.

8 days and 3 injections in.

Leg Day
    Squat heavy set went up again. I added another FIFTY lbs and was even able to do one more rep than 5 days ago. I did use a belt this time and the spotter gave encouragement.....but....damn.

Then the leg press. I decided to not use more weight, but stayed down at 810 lbs and was able to do my reps with more speed....greater burst of power. It is noticeably easier.

I skipped the stiff leg since my lower back was feeling tight and went home and used my cable machine for leg extension..which I've not done since last Nov. I used the weight I usually do, but was able to do EIGHT more reps and at a greater pace. It burned so good

With this and getting wood more often I can't believe it's all in my head......something's working.....and I like it. Plus.....I'm 5 lbs up in body weight....which is not a huge deal...maybe I just need to take a shit LoL

If it continues to go like this I'll have to pay attention to not hurt the connective tissues.

Blood test results.

Blood was drawn the morning before my third injection due to a miscommunication.

Already above normal levels with 5 days on cycle.
    TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 1,573 ng/dL
    FREE TESTOSTERONE 442.5 pg/mL

Cookie Monster is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC1968 View Post
    Got my precycle blood work back and there was no testosterone number.

I contacted them and they said it's not a regular part of the tests. I told them I myself had the medical form in front of me and verified all tests I wanted. They offered to draw again at no charge for that test, but I'm 6 days and 2 injections into it. I guess that result is better than no result.

So....can't even trust medical experts......wait for results before doing anything if you want accurate numbers.

Wonder if anyone is reading this........
    It sounds like you are well on your way to a great first cycle! The lab work thing would really frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The lab work thing would really frustrate me.
    I let 'em know I was not happy. I told them I should not be charged for an incomplete test. At least I will not be paying for the second test.

I knew the libido would increase, but ..damn...that much...already. I need a special friend......and she lives close

Last night I really noticed something.

I noticed what I don't notice.

The "bad shoulder" that has bugged me for two years is....gone? It is almost as good as the other now.
    I've been working around it, but I may try some lifts that stress it some and get it stronger.

Hopefully my cycle will somehow heal it up......
    The road likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    Following. Excited to see where you’re at in a few weeks. Keep pushing NCC!
    The road likes this.

Figured this would eventually happen.

The oil is tough to squeeze....thus why I heat it a bit.

After injection #5 I pull out and it looked like there was some left.
    So just like a guy that ain't done....I stick it back in and shoot some more....till I know it's done.
    The road likes this.

13 days and 5 injections. I'm doing every 3 days and will go to 3.5 days soon.

I track my BP and injections in my workout log and when I went to check my BP....the cuff barely fit. My upper arm has become bigger w/o a doubt.
    This nice surprise motivated me to do some good blasting in the gym today. My triceps were so pumped they were almost as hard as my dick has been on Test.

I'm still just a little hesitant every time I see those damn needles near my skin. I'm hoping one day that will go away, but it's not enough to stop me for sure.

I got a call from the local clinic....the ones that had to do a second draw to do my testosterone check. They said my test is above the normal high numbers and wanted to know if I was taking anything. I kinda just said I know and expected such. She said that I need to reduce whatever I'm taking ......That'll be a big "fuck no!"

Every lift today was with more weight or more reps than usual....all good.

If it's going to get even better over time I'm going to be pretty damn pleased with myself.
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-18-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    The road likes this.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    Following

Chark is offline Member
    Hey NCC are you snapping some pics of yourself for your own personal viewing to track your progress?

If I recall correctly I didn’t notice much in the first month or so but I was looking back at some of my pics. My first progress pics I looked a lot harder and more vascular (I wonder if this is due to aromatization not yet taking effect or at least not enough to increase my estrogen to significant levels) but now I’m a lot bigger and fuller.

I thought of you after watching one of the rxmuscle vids on YouTube called 3 reasons quad injections are a bad idea. Not the first time I’d heard that on that channel, maybe take a look if you haven’t. I’ve never pinned them personally (all glutes so far, doing delts next). I saw some advice here for glute injections that I may try: lie down and bring your knee up to your chest.

Hope all is well

I only keep a log and measurements....not a pic guy. I just use the mirror.

Not everyone yelling shit on Youtube is brilliant.

Notice he says FRONT of the leg more than once. No shit...that's not the place to do it as there will likely be problems.

I inject into the middle of the vastus lateralis muscle belly with it not stretched......with leg almost straight out.

Since I drive 76 miles to and then again back from work....I'm not wanting a sore ass from injections.
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-23-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    I hear ya, appreciate you taking a look and taking time to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Chark View Post
    I hear ya, appreciate you taking a look and taking time to respond.
    No problem.....interaction on here is valuable.

I'm one of those people who studies stuff before jumping in. I already had a fair amount of knowledge of the human body so mostly had to study steroid use . I did that for about 2 months before the first puncturing of my skin.

Just did my leg workout and my knee was not happy...maybe too cold. I did some squats, but it just wasn't feeling right and I know not to force it.
    I went over to the leg press to try something diff and work my way up to get it warm and lubed.
    Started way down at 360lbs...then 450..540..630..720..810..950 and one set of 8 pretty good and quick reps with 1Klbs. Guess it warmed up

I'm up approx half an inch on the upper arms and 3/4 inch on the thighs. My waist moved up just a little....no surprise, but I think most of the 11lbs I've gained is not in my belly.
    Chark likes this.

I've decided to not reduce my injection frequency. My original plan was 250mg /3.5 days. This plan means one of the 2 injections would be in the PM and the other in the AM. This is ok if I made sure the AM one is during the weekend.

I'm liking my every 3 days at night plan. This eliminated the AM injection and raised my weekly dosage to 666mg. I'll know down the road if I'll need to order more juice or stop when I run out.

I originally thought I'd do good to get over 220lbs, but......217.5lbs today.....17 days and 12.5lbs into the cycle. I may get way up there......we'll see. It's playing hell on my wardrobe....my thighs need more pants.

I've added an avatar. I know I've got a ton of extra in the middle, but I think it's good to at least represent myself....to a degree.
    Chark likes this.

Chark is offline Member
    I've added an avatar. I know I've got a ton of extra in the middle, but I think it's good to at least represent myself....to a degree.
    You’ve got some pretty solid muscle, especially for a natural 51 year old. A nice dominant look with that thick chest, wide shoulders, and beefy traps.

You’ve got some pretty solid muscle, especially for a natural 51 year old. A nice dominant look with that thick chest, wide shoulders, and beefy traps.
    Funny thing is.....I have that common psychological thing where I still feel and see myself as too thin

This is the first time I've seen myself as someone else would see me in many years. Hard to believe it's me.

Guess it works....I have a local girl that I've been chatting with and when I sent her this pic to "judge" me she said she'd tap that LoL....and sent 2 pics of her in lingerie

Maybe I'll get to use some of those extra erections LoL

Chark is offline Member
    Funny thing is.....I have that common psychological thing where I still feel and see myself as too thin

This is the first time I've seen myself as someone else would see me in many years. Hard to believe it's me.

Guess it works....I have a local girl that I've been chatting with and when I sent her this pic to "judge" me she said she'd tap that LoL....and sent 2 pics of her in lingerie

Maybe I'll get to use some of those extra erections LoL
    Bigorexia! Don’t think that ever goes away. I try to remind myself to enjoy the process and be happy with it because like most things achieved in life, once we do we just keep moving the goalposts.

Great to hear man! Female attention always helps the confidence and adds to the fire. I can imagine as we age we start to wonder if we still “got it.”

You look strong, no chicken legs. It’s unfortunate they messed up your hormone panel, I was very interested to know what your starting test level was and how dramatic a change you’re able to see.

Have you given any thought yet as to your plans after this cycle or just gonna cross that bridge when you come to it (I.e. TRT/blast & cruise) and see what your bloodwork looks like? I definitely see how addicting this can be and with the time/effort you’ve put into this and choosing to do so at 50 (vs. guys in their 20s not taking with as much careful consideration) it’ll probably be mentally difficult to turn back from.

.....wonder if we still “got it.”

You look strong, no chicken legs. It’s unfortunate they messed up your hormone panel, I was very interested to know what your starting test level was and how dramatic a change you’re able to see.

Have you given any thought yet as to your plans after this cycle or just gonna cross that bridge when you come to it (I.e. TRT/blast & cruise) and see what your bloodwork looks like? I definitely see how addicting this can be and with the time/effort you’ve put into this and choosing to do so at 50 (vs. guys in their 20s not taking with as much careful consideration) it’ll probably be mentally difficult to turn back from.
    I got it....just need to give it LoL

If I get fairly big by the end and I'm able to hold onto enough of it after PCT I may just stay natural and consider the cycle the boost I needed......we'll see.
    Chark likes this.

Damn...what a pump nowadays.

I was doing biceps and felt like Arnold in Pumping Iron......I was cumming in the gym

Today makes 3 weeks in.
    That's 7 injections, 9 workouts and tons of food.

I'm up 14 lbs.

Seems like there was a quick burst at the start and it may have slowed a bit. I'm not yet to the 5-6 week point where many say it kicks in. If it does kick in....I'll be off the chart

It's an interesting adventure. My BP is still good and I don't seem to be having any noticeable negative effects, but also not getting that feeling of wellness nor crazy strength.....maybe later.

I've been injecting 250mgs of Test E alternating left and right thigh every 3 days. I've had no real pain nor problems. I do feel some pressure in the muscle when stretched...maybe the bubble of oil.

I've been injecting 250iu of HCG alternating left and right side of my stomach every 3 days. I've also taken 10mg of Nolva each day. My balls are not gone, but maybe just a little smaller if at all.

I'd say I can't complain thus far. I'm really hoping there will be a ramp up in progress coming.

I'm finding it a challenge to eat so much w/o eating crap......it's a lot of food.

Questions and/or input welcome.
    Last edited by NCC1968; 02-26-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information