Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    feelnfit is offline Junior Member
    what was said that diet is about 75% of bodybuilding
    Last edited by feelnfit; 03-17-2002 at 12:32 PM.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Current pic below:
    Last edited by beenie; 05-07-2002 at 09:04 AM.

Methuselah is offline Member
    Originally posted by beenie
    Current pic below:
    You are not a candidate for low carb. You should double your intake of both complex carbs and protein You could stand to pack on some weight. Is that pic post cycle?

Originally posted by Methuselah

You are not a candidate for low carb. You should double your intake of both complex carbs and protein You could stand to pack on some weight. Is that pic post cycle?
    Sorry you feel that way. I posted the pic because a couple members kept asking me to do so. This is very close to the look I had been seeking. Thin with some good muscle definition.

I know by posting this I am opening myself up for the inevitble onslought of, eat more, get big, eat carbs, yada, yada, yada. All I can tell you is that the look is working for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting really lean-777.jpg  
    Last edited by beenie; 05-08-2002 at 06:11 AM.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Sorry you feel that way. I posted the pic because a couple members kept asking me to do so. This is very close to the look I had been seeking. Thin with some good muscle definition.
    Then no need to take it down Beenie. You know you have as much right to post as anybody else. There will be no flamming, as you know, and if there is we will ask that the posts be editted.

Guys....we're all entitled to opinions, but Beenie is not asking for advice or suggestions...so we really shouldn't offer any, it's not our place. Meth, I know you didn't say that to be malicious or anything, but I can see how it was a little outta line.

I know by posting this I am opening myself up for the inevitble onslought of, eat more, get big, eat carbs, yada, yada, yada. All I can tell you is that the look is working for me.
    I'm sorry if my post came accross as a flame. Most people would love to be as lean as you. My only suggestion is that if you want some additional bulk you will need to eat some complex carbs (clean carbs, long chain carbs). You look great. I thought that you were soliciting advice on clean eating to bulk.

I'm sorry if my post came accross as a flame. Most people would love to be as lean as you. My only suggestion is that if you want some additional bulk you will need to eat some complex carbs (clean carbs, long chain carbs). You look great. I thought that you were soliciting advice on clean eating to bulk.
    Methusala,

I probably overreacted a bit Methuselah . When i posted my pics the first time I got so much critisism, that I began to feel really bad. And it wouldn't stop. I figured, "if I look as crappy as people say I do here, why is it so easy to get laid?" Could it be my stellar personality? I should admit that I really dont think the pic I posted does me justice. I will have to fllex or something.

I shall repost the pic tonight and add a before pic from when I started. Maybe then you can nominate me as the AR posterboy! (errrrrr, maybe not.)

Oh yes, to answer your question I have worked hard not to add weight during this cycle. Currently taking in about 400g protien/day. Carbs generally pretty low (around 50g/day), but sometimes higher cause i seem to be able to get away with it. My weight is pretty stable at 190 (betweeen 185 and 195).
    Last edited by beenie; 05-07-2002 at 10:20 AM.

netwerk is offline New Member

This bro has an eatting disorder. I suggest you eat a lot more bro and gain some mass. Sure you gots a lil fat on your stomache..so what? Look at your arms..they are too skinny bro. EAT! EAT! EAT! I'd hate to see you get sick man.

Re: .......

Originally posted by netwerk
    This bro has an eatting disorder. I suggest you eat a lot more bro and gain some mass. Sure you gots a lil fat on your stomache..so what? Look at your arms..they are too skinny bro. EAT! EAT! EAT! I'd hate to see you get sick man.
    I do not agree with you assessment.

Whether it comes through in the pic stats are 30" waist 45" chest. Weight 190. My arms need more work and I am working on them, but the look more impressive if I flex, and I was not flexing in the pic.

I take in about 400g protien a day and limit my carbs. I do not believe I have an eating disorder. In addition to lifting I do lots of cardio, and it helps keep me lean. If I wanted the look that YOU think I should have I would be going about it quite differently-- but I do not.

Is YOUR pic posted somewhere? I am very curious.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro where is the before and after pic

NoLimits is offline Member
    beenie: you only eat 50 grams of carbs a day? Wow.... You may want to re-think this! Just my $.02

Originally posted by NoLimits
    beenie: you only eat 50 grams of carbs a day? Wow.... You may want to re-think this! Just my $.02
    Yes, that's about right maybe some days a little more and others a little less.

I have though about it a great deal and am quite comfortable with it. It is called low carb dieting. Perhaps it doesn't mesch with what you have been told, but I am happy with the results.

I was just go'n by your pictures. Maybe they don't do you any justice and you could possibly post a picture of you flexing? Yes, I do have a picture posted in the member's picture section somewhere.

Ah..1 more thing..I know what look you're try'n to get...the Brad Pitt physique.

Re: Re: .......

I do not agree with you assessment.

Whether it comes through in the pic stats are 30" waist 45" chest. Weight 190. My arms need more work and I am working on them, but the look more impressive if I flex, and I was not flexing in the pic.

I take in about 400g protien a day and limit my carbs. I do not believe I have an eating disorder. In addition to lifting I do lots of cardio, and it helps keep me lean. If I wanted the look that YOU think I should have I would be going about it quite differently-- but I do not.

Is YOUR pic posted somewhere? I am very curious.
    Your pics make you look a bit thin. How tall are you?

Methusala,

I probably overreacted a bit Methuselah . When i posted my pics the first time I got so much critisism, that I began to feel really bad. And it wouldn't stop. I figured, "if I look as crappy as people say I do here, why is it so easy to get laid?" Could it be my stellar personality? I should admit that I really dont think the pic I posted does me justice. I will have to fllex or something.

I shall repost the pic tonight and add a before pic from when I started. Maybe then you can nominate me as the AR posterboy! (errrrrr, maybe not.)

Oh yes, to answer your question I have worked hard not to add weight during this cycle. Currently taking in about 400g protien/day. Carbs generally pretty low (around 50g/day), but sometimes higher cause i seem to be able to get away with it. My weight is pretty stable at 190 (betweeen 185 and 195).
    What are you taking on this cycle?

Re: Re: Re: .......

Your pics make you look a bit thin. How tall are you?
    6'6" and I am quite thin. I work hard to stay that way. In a sec I will post a before pic and give a (hopefully) brief explanation.

What are you taking on this cycle?
    400mg deca /wk 400mg sust/wk 50mg winny/ed. This is my second cycle. My first cycle i went from 175 to 195. this one i have gone from 185 to 195. First cycle used nolva and no winny. With the winny and Armidex kept water retention down. Strength gains have been more marginal tis time. Bench press up about 20 lbs - a little dissapointing but. My heavy bench set is 225lbs. My heavy curl set is 80 lbs (up 10 lbs).

Ok. Here is the story. I started working out 3 years ago. Was around 30% bf. Wiight about 275 or 280. First year did lots of cardio and only a little lifting. Weight on low carb went from 280 top 170 lbs. Started lifting two years ago. Made very little progress in strength gains. Could only bench 135. After 1st cycle could do 175. Before second cycle could do 185. Now can do do 205 (8 to 10 reps) no prob and 225 (6 reps).

Below is a before pic. It was taken about a year before I started working out. Probably weighted about 265 in this pic. I gained an additional 10 or 15 lbs before I decided to make the lifestyle change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting really lean-b4.jpg  

Your hard work shows! Wow! Well, you do have the frame and body type to pack on some lean mass. I'm sure that you'll meet whatever goal you set. It's easier to put the weight on than to take it off, and you certainly did a fantastic job at that.

Your hard work shows! Wow! Well, you do have the frame and body type to pack on some lean mass. I'm sure that you'll meet whatever goal you set. It's easier to put the weight on than to take it off, and you certainly did a fantastic job at that.
    That is a very nice thing for you to say. Thank you for the encouragemnet. It means a great deal to me.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by bufchic

No flame, Im just going to tell it like it is while everyone else will bullshit you.
    Good on you bufchic. I am not out to flame. But I do believe in HONESTY. Well done.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    You know what beenie... you do what you like... ! Good on you for putting in the effort.

Iron1 is offline New Member
    Dude no flame
    1. Carbs like rice, yams, begals will not make you fat simple carbs and shit food IE sugar,pop ETC.
    2. One of my friends/teachers traines long distance runners and no they for the most part are not healthy.
    3.90min cardio+ECA come on. BALANCE is the goal with 25min cardio four times a week you could eat all the clean carbs you want and be jacked
    4. looking at the pics I see you have done a lot of hard work my hat is off to you but liten up on your self and enjoy the fat is gone no need to be so extreme in diet. maintance should not be a huge problem
    5.I believe Atkins just suffered a heart attack
    GOOD LUCK
    I1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information