bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

insulin bridge begins

ok, this morning begins my insulin bridge "cycle" which will last approximately 1.5 months. I got stuck using humulin R instead of humalog because of availability so guess i'll have to watch that diet a little longer and not work out in the evening. will start this morning with 2 iu's 20 minutes before workout followed immediately with 1/2 a carb shake containing 100g carbs of that 50g is sugars. Sip on that for workout. Post-workout i'll hit 5iu's to see how it agrees and take a meal replacement shake and a cup of yogurt directly after. within fifteen minutes i'll have 12oz red meat, 2 baked potatos and another cup of yogurt. 45 minutes after that i will consume 1 can tuna and 1 1/2 cups of brown rice. any advice or additions or changes are appreciated. will keep you posted.

anyone who has used humulin R, how high did you go pre-workout? i've heard of 1-2iu's for a good pump, all the way to 5iu's. Whadya think?

ok, first day's done... ate alot, was a bit lethargic all day, took a nap after 8 full hours just to be safe. tomorrow i'm gonna jump up to 3iu's before the workout and 6iu's after and continue every day till i get sick or i get to 5 and 10.

no replies but i'll keep posting, it's gotta be useful to somebody. second day going ok. upped to 4iu's 30 minutes before the workout and 6iu's right after. no signs of hypoglycemia yet but extremely tired now at 3:45. ate 3 glucose tabs, a cup of yogurt and some kool-aid in addition to the meals. best part of today was the pump, just like being back on AS. interested to see what higher doses (8-10iu's) can do. thinking of dropping the post-workout shot and just doing around 10iu's 30 minutes before workout since it is humulin R, that way i'll get the benefit of the pump for the workout, and finish right about when the slin is beginning to peak.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Keep Updates Comin Man!

Good Luck and Stay Safe!
    BB

great, someone replied! have gotten up to 10iu's 30minutes before workout and that is all i am taking. currently at 240. have only gained about 4lbs total for about 2 weeks, not sure if i need to go higher on the dose. some say go up to 20iu's, others say that'll just store a bunch of fat so don't exceed 10iu's. Pumps on arm days are better than AS, others are decent. it's good that there is all this safety hooplah about insulin but the truth is, i was so frightened by it all that i downed sugars and carbs in double the amounts i was supposed to and consequently ended up feeling extremely tired and nauseated (which i thought was the hypoglycemia) i have now gone entire workouts without a sugar or carb shake(i have them just in case) and i feel 100%. Like i said, it's good to make it clear that it is dangerous, but done right it is quite simple.
    to finish up, if anyone knows why i'm not gaining more or if this 4lbs is a standard 2week gain on humulin R, it would be greatly appreciated.

Since you take HumR before your workouts do you time it so that all your workouts fit in a certain time frame? If so how do you do it?

Did you only use HumR pre-workout and not post?

Are you noticing any fat gains or are you doing anything to help combat the effect?

BB

in answer to your first question, yes, right now i just do an am workout, exactly 30minutes after shot so that it is starting to work at the beginning and begins to peak about when i am done.
    i stopped using humR post workout becuase it takes
    1-2hours to peak and there doesn't seem to be any point if it doesn't work quicker(like humalog).
    i have not seen any noticeable fat gains, all i am doing to avoid that is to keep fat to an absolute minimum(protien shake, etc.) for 6-8 hours after shot.
    turthfully, i'm on the fence as far as insulin goes, it's not as scary as everyone makes it(but it's good that they do) but the slin also hasn't been that eye-opening. the best is the pump(atleast in the arms).

Do you notice any Hypo feeling during your workouts? DO you feel tired?

BB

the only time i get tired is when i freak out, eat a couple glucose tabs, drink some super-koolaid and a whole carb shake while i'm working out. then i get super tired... i mean really tired, no amount of caffiene helps, i just have to keep moving. i think its a sugar coma of some sort if that is possible, cuz when i don't take anything i'm fine. i think it also helps that i have 2 packets of ramen(w/out spice) and a triple protien shake 30-40min before workout.

LAPharmBoy is offline New Member

Did you get your slin OTC?

Dude, were you able to hook up with the slin online or OTC? If you bought it over the counter did you just have the balls to ask for it(I guess with your handle you did! lol)? What do you call the needles?

I don't know if I could just wakl up and ask for it...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    ok, this morning begins my insulin bridge "cycle" which will last approximately 1.5 months. I got stuck using humulin R instead of humalog because of availability so guess i'll have to watch that diet a little longer and not work out in the evening. will start this morning with 2 iu's 20 minutes before workout followed immediately with 1/2 a carb shake containing 100g carbs of that 50g is sugars. Sip on that for workout. Post-workout i'll hit 5iu's to see how it agrees and take a meal replacement shake and a cup of yogurt directly after. within fifteen minutes i'll have 12oz red meat, 2 baked potatos and another cup of yogurt. 45 minutes after that i will consume 1 can tuna and 1 1/2 cups of brown rice. any advice or additions or changes are appreciated. will keep you posted.

First i called the pharmacy and told them my brother was coming up from Florida, and he needs to know if he needs to bring his prescription for his humalog. In colorado, as in other states i gather, all types BUT humalog are legal. so then i got the most squared away person i know, my girlfriend to walk in and ask for the R. they gave her no problems and asked no questions. had her go to a different pharmacy for the pins. it helps to ask for 1cc microfine or ultrafine, pretend like you know what you're talkin' about. my advice to you is to find a girl, any girl to do it, if she's not guilty of usin' it(and it's not illegal) then she's less likely to feel as nervous as you or i would at the counter.

Thread Information