RockRover is offline New Member

Well...I need a critique...

Hi Guy's and Gal's...Brand new to this board...Rocks so far!

Here's my firs comp. pic. I forgot to flex my leg's, but I'd like any insight you can give...It was my first show, and I paniced 3 weeks out, and blasted into Kytosis for WAY too long...Lost to much size, but I'm really an ecto. If I stop eating I shrink MASSIVELY! It's a 24/7 kinda deal for me. Any other ecto's out there that can actuall diet and retain mass?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Well...I need a critique...-bb1b.jpg  

another...

another...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Well...I need a critique...-bb2b.jpg  

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    good job brother welcome...when was the picture taken in the 50's lol..

all kidding aside..really nice cuts..keep up that good work..used to be an ecto...but time took over now i don't have a problem putting on weight..funny..but family genes do wierd things some times

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    shredz when did u start finding it easy to put on weight??
    how old were you around?

Im just curious because I think that happened with my dad.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board RockRover!

The panic alway's sets in around 2-3 weeks out! But all things being equal, you still look great,and it takes alot of guts to compete.

There are alot of guy's on the board here who compete, so I'll keep this BUMPED for more replies...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    well when i first started working out i was very very small..around 115lbs now this was when i was 14 or 15..all of my dads side all 4 brothers and my father were small until they hit 19 and then bamn..my father is the smallest at 212lbs. I had gotten up to 145lbs by 18 and then when i hit 19 or so i went to where i am today 190lbs..all that natural test just kicked into high gear. But the key thing is to make sure you are using it to your advantage. I dropped back down to 170 for a physical to get on my job and now back up to 190lbs.

hope this helps..what are you stats.
    weight
    bf
    training experience

Hey thanks guy's. Yea the "panic" period is a drag! I'm glad I'm not alone in that one! You know...Your sitting on the couch and notice that little roll and think "I can't go on stage like this...IN TWO WEEKS!"...Not to mention the shaving process, what trunks to wear, oil, 1-week out prep., extra music tape, what tanning to use, how to apply...Etc...

My stats are:

Weight off season: 255
    Contest: 218 (I told you I lost too much! I'd like to come in at 225-230 solid…That's realistic, not a dream weight…I seriously doubt that with my genetics I'd EVER hit 245-250 contest ready)
    Height: 6'4" (major disadvantage on stage...Not off though!)
    BF Off season: 12-15
    BF Contest: 6-7% (never really can tell with the calipers that low...So I'm really guessing...It felt like about 14% right before the show!) But some said if they had to guess they'd put me in the 6-7 range.

I've been training seriously for 5 years now...And by serious I mean some cycling, strict diet, 5 on 2 off (because of work and family...Otherwise I'd be on a 3 on 1 off)...One bp/week...Yada' yada' yada'.

I've been in a MAJOR slump the past 5 months...Gotta' get the faith back man!

--D

potent is offline Junior Member
    have any cycle history? you look great bro. i need those cuts

Yup...Many times...That's why I was sooooo bummed when I dropped so much weight. I was right at 257 when I started dieting, and that was hard to maintain. I dieted for 14 weeks, and kept with the heavy androgens until 4 weeks out. I was pushing 1000mg sust, 400 EQ/week...Clen , ECA, a little Cytomel , PGF2a (hatted the sides and injection frequency)...So as you can see from the pics I was holding in Ketosis for too long. I would drop in to K for 3 on and 2 off. Then at about week 12 I dropped into K for 5 on two off. Lost the extra fat, but took a buttload of muscle with it. The guy's I was working with (at day 5 of my keto run) just stared at me and gasped "what happened!?" I was so flat they hardly recognized me! Talk about a moral boost so close to the contest date. Needless to say that was the last run in Ketosis. I filled out a little in my arms, but I literally lost ALL my lats and traps...I used to have a real nice spread before the diet, but man, they just went super flat. Live and learn I guess. I'm thinking that the next time I go in for a comp, and if I can afford it, is to jump on about 4iu of GH/day for the 12 weeks I'm dieting (along with test)...And not go up so high in my bf just for the sake of the scale...I just HAD to read 260 on the scale even if it was lard...Total sickness I'm afraid!

Ahhh!

The last week of Ketosis should be the usual 5 days no carbs, but instead of loading for 2 days you load for 4 days,then you'll feel and look alot fuller.JMO

But with 1000mgs of sus and 4oo eq and clen , I'm surprised you didn't keep more muscle on..Did you take Vanadyl sulphate during your ketosis diet...It really helps during the carb loading phase...T3 has been known to rob muscle in the higher dose range...

What do you think your BF% was before you started dieting?

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Rock... during the last 5 weeks of keto, did you refeed once a week? And also, forgive me if you posted this, but how many days did you carb up before the contest date?

I'm not planning on any comps in the near future, but I am doing trial and analysis experimentation with keto cycling right now. 6-7 days of keto followed by a day and a half of carb loading. So far, after six weeks, I have lost 12 lbs. with no noticeable losses in strength nor size.

I know what you mean by the psychological implications though. During the last days of the keto week, you look in the mirror and say, "shit, I'm fucked", but then one day after the refeed, you look incredible. Intramuscular water and glyco are replenished with no water beneath the skin. Totally huge and ripped.

Don't worry about it. Just modify what you are doing pre-contest and make tweaks along the way. You look great.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    That would be great if you could go out like 240-245. Your tall so that weight would make you look amazing.

Originally posted by Mallet
    Ahhh!

The last week of Ketosis should be the usual 5 days no carbs, but instead of loading for 2 days you load for 4 days,then you'll feel and look alot fuller.JMO

But with 1000mgs of sus and 4oo eq and clen , I'm surprised you didn't keep more muscle on..Did you take Vanadyl sulphate during your ketosis diet...It really helps during the carb loading phase...T3 has been known to rob muscle in the higher dose range...

What do you think your BF% was before you started dieting?
    Yea I did load for 5 days...Funny but one week past the contest I was a lot fuller. More sodium, and more water really filled me out, but of course there was more sub q water too...I dunno'...Again I'm remined that it's all sooooo individual that no one program fits anyone. Next time it'll be a longer loading phase, and not so much bf to loose at the front end.

Yea I was surprised that I didn't retain more size with holding at 1000mg/week...BUT! I was on a 24 week (bridged) cycle leading into the contest. I'm thinking I had so much receptor down-regulation that I just wasnt' going to hold anything without high cals...Again I think it's just my ecto genetics that fawked me. That's why I'm thinking a little GH is the ticket during the dieting, but man...How much $ is this all worth?

Originally posted by llbeastcd
    Rock... during the last 5 weeks of keto, did you refeed once a week? And also, forgive me if you posted this, but how many days did you carb up before the contest date?

I know what you mean by the psychological implications though. During the last days of the keto week, you look in the mirror and say, "shit, I'm fucked", but then one day after the refeed, you look incredible. Intramuscular water and glyco are replenished with no water beneath the skin. Totally huge and ripped.

Don't worry about it. Just modify what you are doing pre-contest and make tweaks along the way. You look great.
    Hey man! Thanks!

I loaded for about 5 day's (I think...hard to remember now)...I did fill out, but not enough...I should have gone 7...BUT EVERYTHING I read said only 3-4 day's max. Goes to show everybodies different eh?

Dude, go for it and enter a show! You'll love it if you don't burn out on the bb scene in general. Nothing like a contest to give you the ULTIMATE modivation.

Looking good too Bro!

--D

How much $ is that worth? .... I hear ya!

And your right, playing with your sodium is a bit tricky.Like you said "everybody responds differently"

But atleast now you know for next time what you can adjust!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs up Welcome to the board !

Good to see you here Rock Rover, and looking good brother.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Looking Good Bro...Nice Cuts...
    I'm kind of like you, if i reduce my calories to below 2000 i start to shrink like you would not belive it, i stick around 2200-2300 when dieting, and thats good enough to keep me on track...i also eat high carbs on the weekend, around 350 gm on Saturday and 250 on Sunday, and 125-150 through out the week...

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Nice Job.....You look great!

Rocket

IGF-1 is offline Associate Member

looking good bro

nice cuts welcome

Thread Information